Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Chinston Wurchill
Jun 27, 2010

It's not that kind of test.

sportsgenius86 posted:

I would be cool Langston clearing the ring at some point in the Rumble and then Henry comes out.

I had the same thought. Then I had a second thought, that they would work together to toss out each new entrant so that they could continue their hoss-off uninterrupted. My third thought is that eventually some other hoss (let's say Ryback) could enter to disrupt the pattern.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cechmanek
Jan 25, 2007

DAMN
YOU
SHADOW!!

coconono posted:

Next you're gonna tell me that Ryback is a good wrestler and totally hasn't injured people.

Did he really? I've seen him do unsafe things, but I didn't hear that he actually hurt someone.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
drat near killed Ricky Steamboat, and he may have injured CM Punk.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

THE GAYEST POSTER posted:

God I want to see Ryback go for one of his clotheslines, hits Henry, and nothing happens. Henry just stands there being all awesome and I'll be crying because wrestling.
Man that brings me back to the Orton match which I thought Orton was going to go over because Randy Orton and Mark just demolished him. :allears:

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
I distinctly remember PSP being in absolute shock over that decisive, clean as a sheet victory in the GDT thread.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

El Gallinero Gros posted:

I distinctly remember PSP being in absolute shock over that decisive, clean as a sheet victory in the GDT thread.

It was shocking in all the best ways, yea.

Bard Maddox
Feb 15, 2012

I'm just a sick guy, I'm really just a dirty guy.

drat near killed Ricky Steamboat, and he may have injured CM Punk.

He didn't injure Punk. He injured it in the Survivor Series match when he and Cena suplexed the Ryback through a table and it gave way because it was overworked from a full schedule.

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

achillesforever6 posted:

Man that brings me back to the Orton match which I thought Orton was going to go over because Randy Orton and Mark just demolished him. :allears:

Which one? There were two of these!

Stallion Cabana
Feb 14, 2012
1; Get into Grad School

2; Become better at playing Tabletop, both as a player and as a GM/ST/W/E

3; Get rid of this goddamn avatar.
Also I'm pretty sure that Steamboat doesn't blame Ryback for the injury, as far as I remember someone else on the forums telling me.

And how could Ryback have injured Punk's Knee? I mean, he put him through a table. How could that have hurt his knee?

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
Let's ask Fit Finlay that question. Being put through a table ended his career, because it sliced up his leg.

Stallion Cabana
Feb 14, 2012
1; Get into Grad School

Let's ask Fit Finlay that question. Being put through a table ended his career, because it sliced up his leg.

Interesting. I wasn't aware of that. The way it usually looks when someone gets powerbombed through a table is all the impact is on the back, and the legs are raised into the air and barely touch the table remnants at all.

Perry Normal
Jul 23, 2010

Humans disgust me. Vile creatures.

Flare_knight posted:

Interesting. I wasn't aware of that. The way it usually looks when someone gets powerbombed through a table is all the impact is on the back, and the legs are raised into the air and barely touch the table remnants at all.

If I recall, it was because it was a weird table made of some kind of fibreglass or something. I believe Regal described Finlay's scar as looking like a loving shark bite. But I'm pretty sure WCW never used that kind of table again.

Manwithastick
Jul 26, 2010

I'm getting flashbacks to Rumble 2000 (13 years ago - jeez!) when HHH got stabbed in the ankle after Foley suplexed him on to a pallet.

TL
Jan 16, 2006

Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold; Mere anarchy is loosed upon the world

Fallen Rib

Manwithastick posted:

I'm getting flashbacks to Rumble 2000 (13 years ago - jeez!) when HHH got stabbed in the ankle after Foley suplexed him on to a pallet.

A table is at least smoothed and finished. Bumping on a pallet is just stupid.

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin
It was retarded, but would you have expected those two guys at that point their careers to do anything else? Mick Foley was essentially established as unable to feel pain and willing to do the dumbest loving things on the planet to entertain bloodthirsty wrestling fans, and Trips was at the point where he felt he needed to prove how tough he was and that he could draw money without being opposite The Rock or Austin.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Perry Normal posted:

If I recall, it was because it was a weird table made of some kind of fibreglass or something. I believe Regal described Finlay's scar as looking like a loving shark bite. But I'm pretty sure WCW never used that kind of table again.

Yea table spots can injure for sure, but Finlay's thing was more a 'WCW loving Sucks' story than a 'table spots will kill you' one.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

Yeah, Finlay's injury was down to WCW sucking. Regal's book mentions it, and it was because WCW cheaped out and bought Formica tables, which don't just snap like the usual cheap wood ones, it shatters like glass.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
What about Hardcore Holly almost dying and bleeding to death

Big Poppa
Aug 21, 2003
Big Poppa is fine.

KungFu Grip posted:

No one cares about Hardcore Holly. Anything that happens to him is just Karma.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010

KungFu Grip posted:

Dying and bleeding to death? That would have been something to see.

If Holly had died I would glad. Dude was a vicious thug that used his veteran cred (Read: hadn't been fired for many years in a row) to literally assault new guys.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
Dude being a poo poo head wasnt my point of bring up the nasty accident during a table spot that happened that could have cost him his career and at worst his life.

I bet it would have hosed RVD up if he knew he killed some dude in the ring though.

Edit: because i miss remembered my extreme rules match.

KungFu Grip fucked around with this message at 21:53 on Jan 3, 2013

Stallion Cabana
Feb 14, 2012
1; Get into Grad School

did it slice up his leg though?

That was my main question, is that I didn't know it was possible to gently caress up your leg getting powerbombed through a table, the Finlay thing surprised me.

Like I can totally see your back getting torn up, I am more wondering about Legs.

savinhill
Mar 28, 2010

KungFu Grip posted:

Dude being a poo poo head wasnt my point of bring up the nasty accident during a table spot that happened that could have cost him his career and at worst his life.

I bet it would have hosed RVD up if he knew he killed some dude in the ring though.

Speaking of RVD and dangerous table spots, I remember Van Dam coming real close to getting his eye ripped out of his head during a match when a table he landed on broke up badly.

Ah, here it is:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o3CnKQwPcVQ

Chromatic
Jan 21, 2005

You guys ready to hear a satanic song?

Pearce is referring to the clip below where he was on Jamie Kennedy's awful, trainwreck ridden New Years Eve show and had a dispute with a way intoxicated lady. I suggest watching the whole clip as it was a complete nightmare in terms of production and timing but skip to 4:55 to see the skirmish. The entire production team HAD to have been shitcanned after so many embarrassing errors.

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=14b_1357244001

Chromatic fucked around with this message at 02:04 on Jan 4, 2013

Corzaa
Aug 1, 2006

Flare_knight posted:

did it slice up his leg though?

That was my main question, is that I didn't know it was possible to gently caress up your leg getting powerbombed through a table, the Finlay thing surprised me.

Like I can totally see your back getting torn up, I am more wondering about Legs.

I think the metal on the table sliced his back.

Big Poppa
Aug 21, 2003
Big Poppa is fine.

Corzaa posted:

I think the metal on the table sliced his back.

Yes, Holly ended up having an 18"(+?) gash on his back.

Cechmanek
Jan 25, 2007

DAMN
YOU
SHADOW!!

There's no way that cut was 18 inches long, maybe 18 stitches. Although looking it up I saw once source say it was 24 stitches.

I do remember going to the ECW taping the next week and they did another table spot, which was botched. RVD was going to do a sunset flip powerbomb on Test, Test held on to the ropes, RVD's feet broke the table, Test stood on the apron with RVD holding his ankles for a good 3 seconds before sending Test through the already broken table.

content:

"Lowtax" posted:

"yeah I'm taking growth hormones, but they're inhuman growth hormones" *turns into giant chair*

Perigryn
Oct 22, 2010

TaJaaaaadoruuuuu
Here's what it looked like when stitched up:

About 24 stitches.

Perigryn fucked around with this message at 20:43 on Jan 4, 2013

Paper Jam Dipper
Jul 14, 2007

by XyloJW

Chromatic posted:

Pearce is referring to the clip below where he was on Jamie Kennedy's awful, trainwreck ridden New Years Eve show and had a dispute with a way intoxicated lady. I suggest watching the whole clip as it was a complete nightmare in terms of production and timing but skip to 4:55 to see the skirmish. The entire production team HAD to have been shitcanned after so many embarrassing errors.

I hope Jamie Kennedy is banned from society.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

Chromatic posted:

This is what happened when Dick Clark is no longer allowed to do the show. Why did his freezer have to mess up?

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

@KassiusOhno posted:

Riding w/ @PacToTheFuture & he's playing some UK hip hop for me. Naturally I'm introducing him to Gucci Mane, Dorrough & Plies...

A lot of good things will come from Kassius and PAC riding together.

handsome only face
Apr 22, 2010

Cockroach went out of the room in anger. And roach's go to empty room...

Cockroache's Anarchist

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

Pahaha.

Oh, TAKA :allears:

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

WWEAJLee posted:

If I don't get pooped on tomorrow, I will consider it a good day. My standards have drastically changed as of late.

Perigryn
Oct 22, 2010

TaJaaaaadoruuuuu
Alvarez was right: "STANDARDS HAVE FALLEN!"

Bocc Kob
Oct 26, 2010
WWE needs to bring back guest hosts and book Triumph the Insult Comic Dog immediately.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

Nobody fucks with the Jesus.

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you
So Court Bauer just said on twitter that MLW is working with Disney in some way... weird.

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

When life gives you lemons, suplex those lemons.

triplexpac posted:

So Court Bauer just said on twitter that MLW is working with Disney in some way... weird.

Impact never gave us the "Falls count anywhere in Universal Studios" match we wanted, maybe Disney will pick up the slack.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

schweens
Jan 14, 2011

kakarot ain't got shit on me
Not a twitter question but it's social media so I'll ask in this thread:

Are there any good tumblrs to follow for wrestling content? Even if people here want to share theirs or whatever I just want some wrestling poo poo on my tumblr