Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Urdnot Fire
Feb 13, 2012

In It For The Tank posted:

Turtle sigil is appropriate.

The American Tolkien posted:

Turtles are my totem animal. The only pets I was allowed as a kid in the projects.
I never knew GRRM grew up on the mean streets of New Jersey, I suppose that explains a lot.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe
See the turtle of enormous girth!

Stay Safe
Sep 1, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
Turtles are pretty nifty creatures, unless they bite you or do other things around you.

Thulsa Doom
Jun 20, 2011

Ezekiel 23:20
The paunch is insufficient.

bigmcgaffney
Apr 19, 2009

kcroy posted:

Conversation about GAME OF BONES

Literally this, minus the ponies. She already knows I waste time trash talking GRRM with you dickwads. She doesn't like reading series until they are complete, so of course she will never read ASOIAF.

thornghost
Oct 11, 2010

I have a picture of me with GRRM. He looks less than enthused.

Hey guys, just sent out that financial information email I was talking about. Dead Man Posting, Shageletic, SaviourX, Blade of Tyshalle, GreatBacon, Abiguatron and Cirofren should have received it, so please check your emails. (Probably the last one you used to email me.)

I still need email addresses from Arbite, Azure_Horizon and A GLISTENING HODOR so please send me an email from your preferred address to agameofbones@gmail.com and identify yourself so I can get you into the loop.

Also, the free coupon has EXPIRED. Contributors can still get a copy by emailing me directly and members of the public that read this thread can get it for 99 cents with coupon code MW69W.

Carly Gay Dead Son
Aug 27, 2007

Bonus.
Meanwhile, my erection has yet to expire.

Contra Calculus
Nov 6, 2009

Gravy Boat 2k

Guess what your new avatar is going to be? :getin:

SaviourX
Sep 30, 2003

The only true Catwoman is Julie Newmar, Lee Meriwether, or Eartha Kitt.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6R5QueuvKQ4

Azure_Horizon
Mar 27, 2010

by Reene

thornghost posted:

Hey guys, just sent out that financial information email I was talking about. Dead Man Posting, Shageletic, SaviourX, Blade of Tyshalle, GreatBacon, Abiguatron and Cirofren should have received it, so please check your emails. (Probably the last one you used to email me.)

I still need email addresses from Arbite, Azure_Horizon and A GLISTENING HODOR so please send me an email from your preferred address to agameofbones@gmail.com and identify yourself so I can get you into the loop.

Also, the free coupon has EXPIRED. Contributors can still get a copy by emailing me directly and members of the public that read this thread can get it for 99 cents with coupon code MW69W.

Just emailed ya.

Arbite
Nov 4, 2009

We was robbed!

I've also emailed, and included a never before seen preview! Also, we should probably rename it to The Game of Bones for ersatz copyright reasons. Just "Game of Bones" is too used already.

whowhatwhere
Mar 15, 2010

SHINee's back
Please, like that was ever going to be accepted. Did it at least get ignored by mod fiat, or was everyone so lazy that a majority of posts were made in favor of Liebowitz?

e: vvvv Oh, yeah, it's definitely the better choice. vvvv

whowhatwhere fucked around with this message at 10:27 on Jan 2, 2013

bigmcgaffney
Apr 19, 2009
A Canticle for Leibowitz is actually really good.

Arbite
Nov 4, 2009

Then what's it doing in the awful book of the month?

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
The gently caress is this bullshit? We won by a landslide!

I demand loosechanj be removed as mod of TBB and replaced with a fair and just mod.

DEAR MR. KYANKA,

The Mutato
Feb 23, 2011

Neil deGrasse Highson

This is not the first time I have seen this video. My boner is so shameful.

jsoh
Mar 24, 2007

O Muhammad, I seek your intercession with my Lord for the return of my eyesight

Urdnot Fire posted:

Just King that he is, Stannis sent the shadowbaby to the Wall as punishment for Renly's murder.
Jon Snow wargs into Stannis and Mel's shadow baby to become the black demon smoke king of the universe.

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?
My turtle never gets full and spends all day sitting about not writing the Winds of Winter.

So yeah it's pretty fitting.

my cat is norris
Mar 11, 2010

#onecallcat

I ended up getting pretty sick yesterday and my voice is all froggy and gross. Chapter 5 will have to wait, but I still call dibs because I would like to get through the whiskey rant without feeling like part of my sanity has slipped away by the end.

Blade_of_tyshalle
Jul 12, 2009

If you think that, along the way, you're not going to fail... you're blind.

There's no one I've ever met, no matter how successful they are, who hasn't said they had their failures along the way.

Contra, your voice is deeper and manlier than I expected.

Your cadence, however, wow. You're a goon for sure.

Azure_Horizon
Mar 27, 2010

by Reene

Arbite posted:

Then what's it doing in the awful book of the month?

The "awful" book of the month has never included an actual awful book.

rejutka
May 28, 2004

by zen death robot
Bullshit, it was Laurell K Hamilton one month.

Blade_of_tyshalle
Jul 12, 2009

There's no one I've ever met, no matter how successful they are, who hasn't said they had their failures along the way.

Also a Diablo tie-in novel. I remember reading that exact book as a kid and thinking it was in turns awesome and incredibly stupid. In the end, incredibly stupid was the majority opinion I retained.

Oh, and the shameless lining of Parson's pockets that one month was just too much for me.

ZearothK
Aug 25, 2008

I've lost twice, I've failed twice and I've gotten two dishonorable mentions within 7 weeks. But I keep coming back. I am The Trooper!

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

I figured out that Jon is going to turn into an Ice Zombie after being dumped on the other side of the wall. In the final chapter of the final book he'll meet Cat and they will have a battlesong duet: "A Song of Ice and Fire". Fin.

This is my canon ending, since GURM won't bother. It comforts me at night.

Cornwind Evil
Dec 14, 2004

The undisputed world champion of wrestling effortposting

ZearothK posted:

This is my canon ending, since GURM won't bother. It comforts me at night.

You know, since most everyone in this thread has already come to the foregone conclusion that this book series will never finish, GRRM will die, his notes will be burned, and the TV Show will be cancelled after adapting the five written books, I must ask, if you were tasked to finish the series, how would you do it?

Me, I think I'd have a French Revolution where the peasants finally rise up (somehow) and kill all the corrupt nobility, with whatever 'morally good' characters run away with the conclusion that the game of thrones has no winners, only losers.

rejutka
May 28, 2004

by zen death robot
Rickon Walnutsbane sits the Iron Throne with Shaggydog as commander of the Kingsguard. Stannis is commander of the Night's Watch, Davos on the small council as Admiral. Dany is still trying to be ruler of Westeros but is stuck in customs along with her dragons because quarantine. The Red Keep has been partially destroyed by the fight between ser Robert Strong and Gravedigger while ser Pounce is now Master of Whispers.

Bran is still boring but stuck in what is now called Hodoria. Arya is a pirate queen and sekrat assassin for Rickon. Sansa is Lady Paramount.

The song of Ice and Fire ends tepidly.

Blade_of_tyshalle
Jul 12, 2009

Just as they manage to defeat the Others and reunify the kingdoms, King Tommen's grandson will arrive from the future, pleading for help against a new threat.

And the Wheel of Time turns ever onward.

p.crestmont
Feb 17, 2012
I'm just hoping the evil force far in the North is some kind of alien that landed on the planet and feeds on the living to turn the whole world slowly into a dead ice planet, then shoots off and find another suitable host planet.

Kind of like Stephen King's IT, but scary ice zombies instead of a scary clown.

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

Out here, everything hurts.

Cornwind Evil posted:

You know, since most everyone in this thread has already come to the foregone conclusion that this book series will never finish, GRRM will die, his notes will be burned, and the TV Show will be cancelled after adapting the five written books, I must ask, if you were tasked to finish the series, how would you do it?

Jon returns from the dead having seen a true vision of just how useless all their preparations are in the face of the oncoming Winter, and snapping, decides he just wants to watch the world burn. Six months later, Westeros lies in ashes, and Dany finally shows up only to have her throat slit by Arya. The book ends on Jon and Arya laughing in the ruins of Winterfell as the Others pour through the shattered Wall.

Nobody wins, everyone dies, and the world is smothered in darkness and cold forever. This is what these fuckstains of characters deserve.

Thulsa Doom
Jun 20, 2011

GRRM no longer has any interest in writing the books. The HBO adaptation will make the plot more streamline and produce an ending, with his blessing. This was his plan all along, but neither he, nor HBO can say this, due to his obligations to Bantam.

I'm fine with that. The show has made some terrible casting decisions, but I love Stannis.

Sexually.

rejutka
May 28, 2004

by zen death robot
The show version will end with a mysterious dude sitting on the Iron Throne, the entire court looking on, mystified. Littlefinger will ask the stranger who is he and the stranger will reply "Bars. Iron Bars."

Blade_of_tyshalle
Jul 12, 2009

Man, if the show could somehow segue into Malazan: the Series, I would be in overwrought fantasy heaven. The Others are Jaghut? :getin:

whowhatwhere
Mar 15, 2010

SHINee's back

Thulsa Doom posted:

I'm fine with that. The show has made some terrible casting decisions

Such as?

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?

Cornwind Evil posted:

Zombie Starks and their horrible revenge on the Five Kingdoms.

Thulsa Doom
Jun 20, 2011

Daenerys. Then gain, Clarke doesn't have much to work with. My biggest beef with her is that wig looks like absolute poo poo. Every time she's on screen I feel like I'm watching a high school production of ASOIAF. It looks like a mop. Literally a mop, the thing they used to clean up water.

Also the guy who plays Mormont is a great actor but far too good looking for the role. It makes for a subtle change in Dany's characterization, since she's rejecting his advances for his nice-guy goonery rather than the fact that he's old and hairy, as in the books. Somehow, Dany coming off as smarter than her counterpart on the page is disconcerting to me.

Teim posted:

Zombie Starks and their horrible revenge on the Five Kingdoms.

Starks are actually all going to be bad guys (or were supposed to be) in the finale, which will never be written.

Chinston Wurchill
Jun 27, 2010

It's not that kind of test.

Liquid Communism posted:

The book ends on Jon and Arya laughing in the ruins of Winterfell as the Others pour through the shattered Wall.

I don't think I've ever seen such an egregious misspelling of "loving."

Thulsa Doom
Jun 20, 2011

Do zombies gently caress?

I'd check to see if there's a Jonya tag on Tumblr but I've stained my soul enough today.

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf
I honestly expect the story to end with Melisandre sacrificing Gendry to awake the stone dragons of Dragonstone to kill all of the Others.

EDIT: Wait, is this the time for a serious discussion or TBT discussion?

Thulsa Doom
Jun 20, 2011

Melisandre reads all of her visions wrong, so what actually needs to happen is Gendry gently caress Daenerys. His "blood" is his bloodline and Daenerys is the dragon.

Or maybe all of these prophecies are incomprehensible, vague gibberish so GRRM can pull something out of his rear end as he makes it up while he goes along.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

Thulsa Doom posted:

Do zombies gently caress?

Hell yes they do.