Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Centusin
Aug 5, 2009
http://theunderwhelmingblog.blogspot.com.au/2013/01/its-all-happening-on-radio-tony.html

This gives instructions on how to delay stuff in VLC while using your radio or something and somebody mentions how to do it with the online stream in the comments. I found that listening to the stream through VLC took the stream from being a little bit ahead, to being really far behind though.

I'm glad to see Starc going at 3.9 an over and Johnson going at 4.25 an over on this green pitch. I'm sure they'll do well on Indian pitches.

Centusin fucked around with this message at 02:10 on Jan 3, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

I think my mass effect is broken

From laughter?

Centusin
Aug 5, 2009
Bird is the best

webmeister
Jan 31, 2007

The answer is, mate, because I want to do you slowly. There has to be a bit of sport in this for all of us. In the psychological battle stakes, we are stripped down and ready to go. I want to see those ashen-faced performances; I want more of them. I want to be encouraged. I want to see you squirm.
If you've got a Foxtel IQ box or any similar box with a live-pause function, maybe just hit pause on the TV for a couple of seconds and let it play out of the buffer? That's what I do during the State of Origin games.

EMC
Aug 17, 2004

Hey everyone, I would like you to introduce you to the Australian bowling line up that is no doubt so feared in England - MiJo, Starc and Lyon, a collective 0/80 odd from 23 overs

Edit: Just as I give him poo poo Starc takes a wicket, go gently caress yourself

fuckpot
May 20, 2007

Lurking beneath the water
The future Immortal awaits

Team Anasta
The pitch is a belter.

Burn Down Canberra
Oct 27, 2005

GAME PLANS? We don't need no stinking game plans.

:cry: :cry: :cry:

EMC posted:

Hey everyone, I would like you to introduce you to the Australian bowling line up that is no doubt so feared in England - MiJo, Starc and Lyon, a collective 0/80 odd from 23 overs

Edit: Just as I give him poo poo Starc takes a wicket, go gently caress yourself

I think Starc could be a weapon in England but maybe not this time around. The thing with Starc is you can see flashes of brilliance mixed in with how raw he is. I would rather play him over Mijo but both are only there because of injuries. I think Bird and Starc could surprise the poms a bit.

lotharr
Dec 24, 2003

Sorry Mark, we have no idea what's wrong with your KERS mate...

Burn Down Canberra posted:

I think Starc could be a weapon in England but maybe not this time around. The thing with Starc is you can see flashes of brilliance mixed in with how raw he is. I would rather play him over Mijo but both are only there because of injuries. I think Bird and Starc could surprise the poms a bit.

Bird has to go to England. If you give him some international experience and he keeps improving he could be our (not quite as good) Dale Steyn.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
If you asked him to be Dale Steyn he'd just cripple himself searching for that bit more pace. Better to leave him working at his current decent speed.

Burn Down Canberra
Oct 27, 2005

He is more like a poor mans McGrath which is certainly better than we have. He reminds me of Clark.

Hyperriker
Nov 1, 2008

ur fukt m8
Nice Ball Peter

MacDougall
Apr 21, 2008

Definitely Australian
Bird has a lot of good qualities and very few poor ones.

Hyperriker
Nov 1, 2008

ur fukt m8
Today is the first time I've seen Bird bowl, and it's not bad at all

MacDougall
Apr 21, 2008

Definitely Australian
That over he bowled to get Dilshan out had me pretty impressed. I actually whispered out loud "Hmmm he's goooooooooood." Seems a real thinking bowler to me.

Pig in the City
Oct 7, 2007

That'll do, pig. That'll do.
Bird is fun to watch.

I always forget how messed up Starc's action is. I was working the game today and on his first ball openly called 'What the gently caress was that?'

Mister Chief
Jun 6, 2011

Why is every cricket cameraman an absolute creep? Looking up a girls skirt when she's bending over, classy. :thumbsup:

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.

Mister Chief posted:

Why is every cricket cameraman an absolute creep? Looking up a girls skirt when she's bending over, classy. :thumbsup:

Because they know their audience

gay picnic defence
Oct 5, 2009

I'M CONCERNED ABOUT A NUMBER OF THINGS

cardgame posted:

Greetings, friends. I'm a technological retard who needs to figure out a way to listen to ABC commentary, is there a way to get around that stupid 4 second delay? If I have to listen to Ian Healy for much longer i'm going to have to set myself on fire out the front of the SCG.

http://www.sportsyncradio.com/

MrL_JaKiri
Sep 23, 2003

A bracing glass of carrot juice!
You'd better all be watching the NZ match, as SA have collapsed to a mere 303/5 we could be witnessing one of the great comebacks

PTizzle
Oct 1, 2008
I'd love NZ to bundle them out for under 400 and make a game of it.

Or at least make them bat again.

gay picnic defence
Oct 5, 2009

I'M CONCERNED ABOUT A NUMBER OF THINGS
They'll definitely make them bat again (once more during the next test)

MrL_JaKiri
Sep 23, 2003

4liters posted:

They'll definitely make them bat again (once more during the next test)

Next test, New Zealand will bat all five days.

MrL_JaKiri
Sep 23, 2003

And not because SA will send them in seventeen extra times to get a total worth chasing

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
A bowling lineup of Bird, Siddle and Pattinson seems to be a not-crap option provided they're all healthy.

PTizzle
Oct 1, 2008
All NZ need to do now is hit about 100 sixes, push a few singles around and they've got it in the bag.

EDIT: Cool start Guppy.

PTizzle fucked around with this message at 12:49 on Jan 3, 2013

Mister Chief
Jun 6, 2011

How is it possible for a team to be this bad?

MrL_JaKiri
Sep 23, 2003

Mister Chief posted:

When I was 12, I really wasn't into cricket but was made to play on the school team for some reason.

Basically this but for an entire country

Ratios and Tendency
Apr 23, 2010

:swoon: MURALI :swoon:

Mister Chief posted:

We are loving up everything there is to gently caress up simultaneously.

edit: Buchanan and the quality of our domestic cricket are the big ones I think.

Ratios and Tendency fucked around with this message at 13:41 on Jan 3, 2013

PTizzle
Oct 1, 2008
Kane 'future captain' Williamson everybody. What a bloody braindead shot.

Rollie Fingers
Jul 28, 2002

lol at Dhoni playing for his average.

kingturnip
Apr 18, 2008

Quanta posted:

lol at Dhoni playing for his average.

I was just going to post this.
He's probably their best player, but he also epitomises everything wrong with Indian cricket:
Overpaid, underperforming, couldn't give a poo poo

Mister Chief
Jun 6, 2011

What are you whining about? India got dicked and Dhoni was the only one who scored any runs but he couldn't win it himself.

Rollie Fingers
Jul 28, 2002

India were around ~100 for 5 and needed a very getable run rate of 6 per over. Dhoni played negatively and blocked his way to a pointless 50 and effectively forced his lesser partners to give away their wickets when they tried to compensate for his negativity.

It was the kind of innings Indian fans were used to from Tendulkar when he was captain.

Burn Down Canberra
Oct 27, 2005

Pig in the City posted:

Bird is fun to watch.

I always forget how messed up Starc's action is. I was working the game today and on his first ball openly called 'What the gently caress was that?'

Speaking of actions has Johnson changed his or did he always jog in looking like an effeminate t rex.

ShoeFly
Dec 28, 2006

Waiter, there's a fly in my shoe!

I was at the SCG for the full day's play yesterday, pretty happy to see Sri Lanka put up some kind of fight.

My highlight for the day: watching a cop get hit in the back of the head with a paper plane made from one of those 4/6 signs, and then trying to figure out who throw it.

EMC
Aug 17, 2004

ShoeFly posted:

My highlight for the day: watching a cop get hit in the back of the head with a paper plane made from one of those 4/6 signs, and then trying to figure out who throw it.

I saw a similar thing at the WACA, one of the WACA security staff had confiscated a beach ball and was walking away with it under his arm. A guy snuck up behind him, dived, knocked it out of his grasp back into the crowd and then commando rolled into a group of random people to 'blend' in.

It was really fantastic

Ilanin
May 31, 2009

Smarter than the average Blair.

Burn Down Canberra posted:

Starc's played in England before - he played the middle bit of the last county season, including the T20, for Yorkshire. He was ridiculously good in the T20 - 21 wickets @ 10.38 and 5.91 runs an over, and when I saw him play against Lancashire it was obvious that most of their batsmen had no idea how to play against him. That average doubled for List A and first-class matches, but that's still pretty impressive - though the second division of the county championship isn't the hardest place to take wickets I guess. If he's on form - and I'm given to understand that's a pretty big if with Starc - I agree he'll turn a few heads.

webmeister
Jan 31, 2007

The answer is, mate, because I want to do you slowly. There has to be a bit of sport in this for all of us. In the psychological battle stakes, we are stripped down and ready to go. I want to see those ashen-faced performances; I want more of them. I want to be encouraged. I want to see you squirm.
Has David Warner ever played a block?

Hyperriker
Nov 1, 2008

ur fukt m8
Are we even serious as a cricket side

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

baked
Apr 1, 2005

i took a little nap where the roots all twist; squished a rotten peach in my fist.
what the gently caress was that cowan?

god drat

• Locked thread