Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

jeffullrich
Nov 29, 2012

SKULE123 posted:

Not to steal Jeff's thunder, but I thought his post of 6 podcasting industry predictions for 2013 article on AllThingsD was super-interesting, especially the info about how Earwolf is doing financially.

http://allthingsd.com/20130104/six-podcasting-predictions-for-2013/

Thanks!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jeffullrich
Nov 29, 2012

Eltoasto posted:

Look at this guy, thinks he's a journalist! It's a good article, agree with most of it. Really surprised by those ad numbers, especially since podcast advertisers seem to be a fairly small group. If ad revenue has gone up like that, then it must be effective for them. I hope the TV stuff ends up with a full fledged network just so Besser can have his own 30 minute show of him screaming at the Jets and Razorbacks.

We've already had that meeting with Besser. He wants to add people from the Earwolf Forums to that list as well.

jeffullrich
Nov 29, 2012

indigi posted:

I guess Legendary buying Nerdist doesn't count?

I didn't include Nerdist/Legendary there because they weren't really buying the podcasts. They were buying Chris, the Nerdist brand, the YouTube channel, etc. Chris and the Nerdist brand are so far ahead of us and most podcasters, it's not really the same thing. I thought about mentioning it, but I had already hit 1,200 words and I would have had to write too much to explain the difference so I left it out.

GraPar
Jun 2, 2011
It's happening! https://twitter.com/ScottAukerman/status/287668254326018049

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

Aww, I was hoping this was about Season 2.

Mob
May 7, 2002

Me reading your posts

"Podcast listeners are sticky."

It's like you know me.

Zsinjeh
Jun 11, 2007

:shoboobs:

jeffullrich posted:

We've already had that meeting with Besser. He wants to add people from the Earwolf Forums to that list as well.
Send him over here! (So he can yell at the General Bullshit sub-forum instead :v:)

The latest improv episode, with the twin brother episode has be the funniest skit I've ever heard so far. I'll never be able to focus on a boring conversation or speech again without imagining a super chill Raiders fan living inside their belly.
Yo.
Sup.
Suuuuuuuuuup.
Raiders! Raideeeeerss!

Lugaloco
Jun 29, 2011

Ice to see you!

Got to agree, the latest I4H was amazing. Only an hour long and it was a truly a bizarre one. The whole dominatrix story was a joy to listen to and I don't know why those guys were so secretive about their jobs at the perfume company but Besser made sure they were called out for every little detail. It's why I love the guy, he always picks up on minor irregularities and rubs people's faces in it.

tnimark
Dec 22, 2009

Lugaloco posted:

It's why I love the guy, he always picks up on minor irregularities and rubs people's faces in it.
I also love how much joy Besser gets from making Ben Schwartz play out confrontational scenarios whenever he's on.

Politicalrancor
Jan 29, 2008

indigi posted:

I guess Legendary buying Nerdist doesn't count?

you're really annoying, you know that right.

Conduit for Sale!
Apr 17, 2007

Politicalrancor posted:

you're really annoying, you know that right.

It's funny how quiet he's gotten now that Ullrich started posting here. You would think it'd be his time to shine!

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
Buying Nerdist is buying a media empire run by a well known figure, which happened to include a very successful podcast network. I really doubt it was meant as some kind of stupid snub to not include them in the concept of a podcast network being bought because it's a podcast network.

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?
I didn't think it was a snub at all, he doesn't seem like that kind of dude. I thought he either overlooked that or was selling Earwolf short. With all the stuff he's said Earwolf has done in the past year and was in the process of doing (especially the non-podcast production stuff) I wouldn't really say they were "light years" away from where Nerdist was when they got acquired by Legendary. Sure, Chris Hardwick is Chris Hardwick, but it's not like Earwolf's stable of TV/movie/internet celebrity hosts is anything to sneeze at.

jeffullrich
Nov 29, 2012

Mob posted:

"Podcast listeners are sticky."

It's like you know me.

We have a new show coming out Thursday and we're really excited. http://popwatch.ew.com/2013/01/08/jeff-garlin-arrested-development/

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
Lena Dunham, Jeff Tweedy, Michael Moore, Mitch Hurwitz, Sarah Silverman, Judd Apatow, Garry Shandling and Larry David is a pretty good lineup of guests for a podcast, I guess.

The biggest challenge will be preventing Garlin from talking for 90% of the show

FitFortDanga
Nov 19, 2004

Nice try, asshole

xbilkis posted:

The biggest challenge will be preventing Garlin from talking for 90% of the show

You say that like it would be a bad thing.

Looking forward to this!

little munchkin
Aug 15, 2010
The latest episode of Rafflecast is pretty funny. 7 minutes of Jon Daly impersonating a college-radio DJ and making up funny song names. If you're a fan of Bob Ducca's lists you should check it out.

jeffullrich
Nov 29, 2012

FitFortDanga posted:

You say that like it would be a bad thing.

Looking forward to this!

Here it is https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/by-way-in-conversation-jeff/id592632438?mt=2

JayMax
Jun 14, 2007

Hard-nosed gentleman
I sort of half-listened to the first few episodes of Nerd Poker while doing other stuff, but this last one really had me hooked.

I hope he gets to reroll soon.

JayMax fucked around with this message at 05:15 on Jan 10, 2013

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007
RIP Ell Ryan :(

epic weed mom
Sep 1, 2006

Anyone else notice that Analyze Phish has its own page and logo now?

Poopy Palpy
Jun 10, 2000

Im da fwiggin Poopy Palpy XD
Seems like kind of a waste since Scott could like Phish at any point and the show will be over.

jyrka
Jan 21, 2005

Potato Count: 2 small potatoes
He is never going to like Phish.

jeffullrich
Nov 29, 2012

Dark Weasel posted:

Anyone else notice that Analyze Phish has its own page and logo now?

and feed...https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/analyze-phish/id592235667

GraPar
Jun 2, 2011
Improv4Humans is always great but has been on a bit of a roll lately, lots of very funny stuff in the most recent one. (Might be worth getting its own thread since it tends to be the show that gets the most posts here).

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

GraPar posted:

Improv4Humans is always great but has been on a bit of a roll lately, lots of very funny stuff in the most recent one. (Might be worth getting its own thread since it tends to be the show that gets the most posts here).

:cry: Raiiiderrrs

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

Listened to the last Two Charted today and I think they spilled the beans on a secret behind the upcoming Analyze Phish ep. You might not want to mouse over this.
Howard Kremer and PFT recorded a podcast discussing Jaws under the title Analyze Fish, which will have an intro from Scott and Harris, which I'm sure is supposed to be a surprise reveal for AP fans tuning into the latest podcast. Oh well.

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007

Teenage Fansub posted:

Listened to the last Two Charted today and I think they spilled the beans on a secret behind the upcoming Analyze Phish ep. You might not want to mouse over this.
Howard Kremer and PFT recorded a podcast discussing Jaws under the title Analyze Fish, which will have an intro from Scott and Harris, which I'm sure is supposed to be a surprise reveal for AP fans tuning into the latest podcast. Oh well.

If that's true then that is the podcast made for me.

lament.cfg
Dec 28, 2006

we have such posts
to show you

So the surprise is "It's not actually Analyze Phish, it's a podcast with Howard Kremer"?

:unsmigghh:

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Analyze Phish is good and all but I think I'd prefer Analyze Fish because I wouldn't have to listen to Phish and I love Howard Kremer.

Zsinjeh
Jun 11, 2007

I don't really like Phish (had never heard of them before this series) but I like the way they're played in the podcast, in small segments until Scott goes "alright alright alright, turn it off I can't take that guys voice anymore". So I wouldn't mind if it keeps going as Analyze Phish instead of Fish

The part where Scott cuts him off every second the song starts because he think it's terrible had me rolling. Especially when Harris gets increasingly agitated and starts apologizing to the band "in case they're listening".

e: Haha, oh man, every song where it's a nice jam and then the second the singer comes on Scott cuts it off. I'm laughing all over again just remembering.

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007
Not even good drugs can make Scott enjoy Phish.

Conduit for Sale!
Apr 17, 2007

I really hope AP ends with Scott convincing Harris that Phish sucks.

Maduo
Sep 8, 2006

You see all the colors.
All of them.

My dream is that it ends with Scott meeting the guy who does the lights, because he's like the fifth member of the band you guys.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

Conduit for Sale! posted:

I really hope AP ends with Scott convincing Harris that Phish sucks.

I think Harris convinced himself by Ep 3.

Zsinjeh
Jun 11, 2007

Goddamn they are really going all-out on the instagram filters on the Comedy Bang Bang studio photos.
http://www.earwolf.com/episode/me-gusta-characters/

Lugaloco
Jun 29, 2011

Ice to see you!

Zsinjeh posted:

Goddamn they are really going all-out on the instagram filters on the Comedy Bang Bang studio photos.
http://www.earwolf.com/episode/me-gusta-characters/

Having only listened to around 10 minutes of the latest podcast before having to go to work I hope there's some joke about Instagram filters in there because most of those are hilariously awful.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

All the photos for a month or something have had filters on them.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.
I really hope they're doing that as a joke, not because they think it looks good in any way.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

epic weed mom
Sep 1, 2006

Mr. Squishy posted:

I really hope they're doing that as a joke, not because they think it looks good in any way.

Come on, man, these are professionals.