Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

EvilMuppet posted:

Say hello Moosh:

Hello, Moosh.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Squeezy Farm
Jun 16, 2009
anyone making the PayPal? the catte deserves my :10bux:

Shnooks
Mar 24, 2007

I'M BEING BORN D:
If your catte isn't eating and losing weight it's most likely not his teeth. He needs things like labwork to be able to figure out what's going on.

Lum
Aug 13, 2003

Definitely time to get pet insurance and wait it out if you're unable/willing to spend the money now.

Dear Prudence
Sep 3, 2012

Neu posted:

I'm not gonna unload him on a no kill shelter over a hundred miles away. Ill keep feeding him whatever he'll eat and make sure he's as happy as he can be.

After checking out his teeth really well and comparing em with a few other cats I can also confidently say he's well over 10 years old. I'm not entirely sure there is something wrong with him besides just being old.

He's sitting between my legs watching tv like normal. :\

Do the world a favor and don't get any more pets until you can actually financially afford them, okay? You're basically saying that you are going to let him slowly starve to death because you don't/can't pay for it. If you don't have the money for a pet, don't get a pet.

Migishu
Oct 22, 2005

I'll eat your fucking eyeballs if you're not careful

Grimey Drawer

milquetoast child
Jun 27, 2003

literally
Take your cat to the damned vet

Cold on a Cob
Feb 6, 2006

i've seen so much, i'm going blind
and i'm brain dead virtually

College Slice
"guys you can forget about guilt tripping me about not taking my cat to the vet because it's not going to work i just want your sympathy and for you to help me rationalize my own selfishness besides he's just getting old i've seen it before in a cat almost twice his age and i'm not gonna give him away to anyone that can take care of him better than me so let's just stop talking about it ok?????"

EIDE Van Hagar
Dec 8, 2000

Beep Boop
if you've already been letting your cat starve for two months you should at least get some pet insurance and take him to the vet when it takes effect in a couple weeks, you can easily afford that, why would you not do that

Funhilde
Jun 1, 2011

Cats Love Me.

Neu posted:

Its not an immediate thing. I still feel there's a chance he will be alright, but the only real explanation i can think of is he's old. He's just been losing weight and interest in food over the last 2 months pretty much. He acts the same, shits/pisses the same, he just doesnt care about food. He doesnt bug me for it. Its odd. All his habits are the same.
Ive given him a thorough oral exam, even checked out his throat. Everything looked fine. I did a really good physical exam, took his temp, heart rate, breath rate. Everything is normal and looked the same as when I found him. I have a really decent animal and medical history so I feel id be able to recognize something. Im not saying thats a substitute for a vet. Ive dealt with old age cats and it just feels the same. Mr. BigglesWorth, a cat i had till he was 17, did the same thing when it was his time, he just lost interest in food.

When Leeloo was sick she ended up having what amounted to anorexia in cats. It was shutting down her liver. The "cure" was to change up her food. I just went to the good cat food store and bought a few different brands of wet food and also switched her dry food to something that was a little more substantial. I would feed her in the bedroom away from Elmer and other things that would make her jumpy. When it was time to eat I put her in front of her bowl and gave her some pets to make her feel comfortable. Eventually she started eating normally and it did take some effort but the cat food wasn't too much of a cost compared to cancer treatments or other stuff with worse health concerns. We now just feed her tiki cat and a bit more of a pricy dry food and she is back to her regular weight and energy levels.

Kite Pride Worldwide
Apr 20, 2009

cat lives > human lives

sleepy gary
Jan 11, 2006

Alabaster White posted:

cat lives > some debt

ftfy

Socracheese
Oct 20, 2008

gently caress you neu. handle it or take him to a shelter.

e: I would be willing to throw in like $50-$100 for some cat on the internet, but your attitude about this is lovely as hell. how about you stop eating food too

Socracheese fucked around with this message at 18:45 on Jan 5, 2013

Squeezy Farm
Jun 16, 2009

Alabaster White posted:

cat lives > human lives

agreed, and if we can team all up to better a human life then we can pitch In for the cat. Im making the PayPal ill post it here later pending mod approval

Not Very Metal
Aug 3, 2007

Shit Fuck Shit Fuck!
bastet. bastet.

bastet look over here.

fine what's milo doing?

yous pretty

PipeRifle
Oct 4, 2004

we have catte

I petted a cat, was p soft

Squeezy Farm
Jun 16, 2009

Literally Named Dan posted:

agreed, and if we can team all up to better a human life then we can pitch In for the cat. Im making the PayPal ill post it here later pending mod approval

hello, an update. star wars expert wouldnt okay this, but if you want to pm me I can link you directly to how to help the cat. thank you

Drink and Fight
Feb 2, 2003

60 fur mice. $20.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000R3UI84/ref=oh_details_o00_s00_i01

PipeRifle
Oct 4, 2004

we have catte

mod sassinator
Dec 13, 2006
I came here to Kick Ass and Chew Bubblegum,
and I'm All out of Ass

the yeti posted:

It's been a while so here's this guy again

awesome cat. is he a cow cat without fur? I wonder if there are hairless torties

Radio!
Mar 15, 2008

Look at that post.

gilbert's depth perception: not so great

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IwYK6ennBRQ

mod sassinator
Dec 13, 2006
and I'm All out of Ass
oh my god there are

and others! http://nocoatkitty.com/past-kittens

relative_q
Sep 9, 2008

shame on a kitty who try to run game on a kitty

wu buck wild wit tha trigga

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry

magdaaaaaa :kimchi:

scamtank
Feb 24, 2011

my desire to just be a FUCKING IDIOT all day long is rapidly overtaking my ability to FUNCTION

i suspect that means i'm MENTALLY ILL

Hannernannersfergusslammers!

Magda!

Radio! posted:

And Gilbert! hi gilbert

El Gar
Apr 12, 2007

Hey Trophy...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sxysYjCWZI8

tokomon
Aug 23, 2007

:3: SCALE ITCH :3:

:getin:
I need this.

audio
Dec 8, 2010

scanning for shit posts

Radio! posted:

chomp

Fayez Butts
Aug 24, 2006

guys.

i fuckin love cattes

We haven't found Wilhelmina yet :(

But here's a picture of Chesapeake:

She'll be turning 17 this summer! That's nuts

peepsalot
Apr 24, 2007

PEEP THIS...
           BITCH!

yo just get a couple of these ikea mouserats they are a buck and why the gently caress do you need 60 mouserats

http://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/50145473/

mod sassinator
Dec 13, 2006
and I'm All out of Ass
gosig mus

PipeRifle
Oct 4, 2004

we have catte

zoinks

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe

axolotl farmer
May 17, 2007

Now I'm going to sing the Perry Mason theme

'cuddly mouse' in the tongue of Honor and Heroes :sweden:

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

i wonder if there are hairless magdas out there

the yeti
Mar 29, 2008

memento disco

Yep! The girl I got Snakeeyes from had lots of cowcats and tabbies and only one solid white (pink)

Dodecalypse
Jun 21, 2012

SKA SUCKS

sleepy gary
Jan 11, 2006

Cold on a Cob
Feb 6, 2006

i've seen so much, i'm going blind
and i'm brain dead virtually

College Slice

tabby toby

Adbot