Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Entrapta fucking loves robots

Grimey Drawer

Lilfut posted:

edit: be sure to read all of mario's lines in charles martinet's voice

Oh my, you haven't watched the youtube animations yet. You are in for a treat.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Lilfut posted:

edit: i like to think the dragon balls being a myth is a massive gently caress you to people asking for goku to show up

Lazerbot really dislikes comparisons between TGT to Dragonball. He doesn't like it much, probably. Same with Star Wars.

I do wonder if we ever see anyone from Legend of Zelda. Lazerbot listed LoZ as one of his favourite game series.

Soonmot posted:

Oh my, you haven't watched the youtube animations yet. You are in for a treat.

And they all can be found here:
http://www.youtube.com/user/tailsgetstrolled

ThatPazuzu
Sep 8, 2011

I'm so depressed, I can't even blink.

Lilfut posted:

edit: okay who's the fucker with no ears

...Just some guy. :allears:

Lilfut
Nov 25, 2012
okay so the earless guy (i still don't know who he actually is) is dragonborn. what the gently caress?! is he just spraying fandoms all over the walls now?!

edit: i like to think the cannon they launch teemo out of (the one right over there) is the unheralded member of the troll slaiyers

edit: oh god mario's parents

edit: i don't know how to react to the kuribo's shoe showing up. it's like with emerl, the guy's making all these fanservicey references i really appreciate but it's all just so twisted and wrong

edit: so many :words: about the blue fire

EDIT: AHAHAHAHA FUDD NEEDED BUGS'S BLOOD FOR A SATANIC RITUAL

OH JESUS THIS IS THE BEST COMIC EVER

EDIT: BATMAN'S BACKSTORY I SWEAR TO GOD

edit: he mentioned gently "cares". confirmed for lurker.

Lilfut fucked around with this message at 07:48 on Jan 6, 2013

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Yes, yes. Submit your self to the best fan comic that ever was,and ever will be.

I don't think Lazerbot actually plays Skyrim. He just watches his brother plays instead. Rob being a dragonborn was his brother's idea, if I remember right. Lazerbot seems to only play old games and League of Legends. Maybe his computer isn't all that powerful.

Edit:
Lazerbot actually reads this forum and responds to our comments, if the paywall isn't up.

Lilfut
Nov 25, 2012
but seriously, is everyone else having the same problem as me with all these references that would be appreciated in just about any other context?

edit: HUGS @ KISSES

GO✝D

edit: oh god the wife/babby double kill

Lilfut fucked around with this message at 08:00 on Jan 6, 2013

simplefish
Mar 28, 2011

So long, and thanks for all the fish gallbladdΣrs!

I appreciate them in this context. It's what stops it from being another lovely two-bit fan fiction of any one character

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

I wanna sing one for the cars
That are right now headed silent down the highway
And it's dark and there is nobody driving And something has got to give

Yeah, if this were just a Sonic fancomic, TGT would basically just be Deviantart by the numbers; as a crossover with everything that comes into Lazerbot's head, up to and including Arthur and "Cheeto Man," it becomes delightful outsider art.

Speaking of delightful outsider art, that snake-head panel demands the avatar treatment. What in the world is it spitting? Poison? Electricity? Sinister energy?

Sir Lemming
Jan 27, 2009

It's a piece of JUNK!

Lilfut posted:

edit: oh god the wife/babby double kill

To get some idea of my reaction to this moment, skip to 18:20 in this video:
http://blip.tv/redlettermedia/half-in-the-bag-episode-38-resident-evil-series-part-1-6363627

Vogon Poet
Jun 18, 2004

Someone bought me this custom title because they think I kick ass at Photoshop. They happen to be right.

Lilfut posted:

oh my god

i just found this and i can't stop laughing

it just keeps getting worse

Lilfut posted:

EDIT: AHAHAHAHA FUDD NEEDED BUGS'S BLOOD FOR A SATANIC RITUAL

OH JESUS THIS IS THE BEST COMIC EVER

The perfect summary of the TGT fan experience.

tiistai
Nov 1, 2012

Solo Melodica

withheldmcfakename posted:

Still reading the thread, lazerbot? drat fine snake mouth you drew there, compared to anything from the early chapters that is.

lazerbot in response to someone in DA posted:

thank you i wanted to get it accurate as possible so i looked up a few things of snakes and mesmerized it

JazzFlight
Apr 29, 2006

Oooooooooooh!

I just love his malapropisms. I try to ape that style for replying to comments on the tailsgetstrolled youtube account, but I just can't come close to replicating his exact way with words. He is trully a master.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Mesmerized, huh?

Redeadagain
Jan 10, 2009

this shall be
humorous

Antivehicular posted:

Speaking of delightful outsider art, that snake-head panel demands the avatar treatment. What in the world is it spitting? Poison? Electricity? Sinister energy?

AHEM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ghuJgD0J9Kg

scarycave
Oct 9, 2012

Dominic Beegan:
Exterminator For Hire
I hope the contest winners turn up as the other guardians.

El Belmondo
Apr 3, 2011

by XyloJW

lazerbot in response to someone in DA posted:

thank you i wanted to get it accurate as possible so i looked up a few things of snakes and mesmerized it

I think it's high time I mesmerized some of these important lazer-isms. :allears:

scarycave
Oct 9, 2012

Dominic Beegan:
Exterminator For Hire
I can see the thread without logging in now. Wonder how long it will last. You think Lazy will find out?

HorseRenoir
Dec 25, 2011

Pillbug

scarycave posted:

I can see the thread without logging in now. Wonder how long it will last. You think Lazy will find out?

Lazy's dealt with the paywall a few times now, people usually just contact him through his Facebook account.

ThatPazuzu
Sep 8, 2011

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Man, that Guardian looks more and more like Micah Rat.

d00gZ
Oct 12, 2002

Original Sin Murderer
Wild Guess #627
Edward Snowden

"My sole motive is to inform the public as to that which is done in their name and that which is done against them."
God, I hope the Yin Yang Serpents give us a Whisper Song reference.

my dad
Oct 17, 2012

this shall be humorous
"ying yang serpends" :allears:

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Demaro's head is loving huge on the biggest panel. I think it's bigger than his entire torso! Also Coyote keeping up with the smug. :allears:

ClownSyndrome
Sep 2, 2011

Do you think love can bloom on bob-omb Battlefield?

Plutonis posted:

Demaro's head is loving huge on the biggest panel. I think it's bigger than his entire torso! Also Coyote keeping up with the smug. :allears:

It's as if the power of coyote's :smug:ness have caused him to transform from 'intimidating battle warlock riding a hellbeast' to 'toddler riding around on the angry family dog'

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy
Is smug an emotion? Why hasn't Demaro's anger backfired on him yet? I'm so confused.

SerSpook
Feb 13, 2012

Light Gun Man posted:

Is smug an emotion? Why hasn't Demaro's anger backfired on him yet? I'm so confused.

Smug is not an emotion, but rather what is achieved when you reach a level of perfect enlightenment as a Neutral. Like nirvana.

ThatPazuzu
Sep 8, 2011

Light Gun Man posted:

Demaro's anger hasn't backfired because he has so much rage that being angry is his own "neutral."

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

d00gZ posted:

God, I hope the Yin Yang Serpents give us a Whisper Song reference.

Ha. And I was thinking they were from that Kamandi map.

simplefish
Mar 28, 2011

Demaro is there by the power of Satan. For him, the usual rules have gone out of the window.

Best part for me was
Coyote: "its my turn to attack"
[Demaro proceeds to power up and shoot a Pink Shard attack]
[Coyote, having powered up a ball of String Energy, considers using Road Runner but still does not attack]

my dad
Oct 17, 2012

this shall be humorous

simplefish posted:

Demaro is there by the power of Satan. For him, the usual rules have gone out of the window.

Best part for me was
Coyote: "its my turn to attack"
[Demaro proceeds to power up and shoot a Pink Shard attack]
[Coyote, having powered up a ball of String Energy, considers using Road Runner but still does not attack]

It's called si-co-logical warfare. Keep 'em guessing while you :smug:

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy

ThatPazuzu posted:

Demaro's anger hasn't backfired because he has so much rage that being angry is his own "neutral."

Now I'm imagining Demaro running around intentionally pissing himself off to stay mad like the movie Crank. Good idea, brain.

Edit: VVVVV That is also a reasonable enough explanation.

I still sort of want to see him defeated by his own rage causing some high-level neutral dude showing up and being all "now you've hosed up" and just ruining him instantly though.

Light Gun Man fucked around with this message at 04:46 on Jan 8, 2013

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

Light Gun Man posted:

Easy solution: Demaro was gonna live until like 200, his anger is backfiring constantly but he's still got plenty of lifespan to burn.

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

ThatPazuzu posted:

That's Demaro's secret, Cap: He's always angry.

nerdbot
Mar 16, 2012

Demaro is nothing to Wile E. Coyote. I'm worried he might meet his match with Skeletal Satan Gohma though :stonk:

Cockblocktopus
Apr 18, 2009

Since the beginning of time, man has yearned to destroy the sun.

I kind of hope Wile E. Coyote just keeps pissing Demaro off until his lifespan hits zero and he collapses in front of him.

simplefish
Mar 28, 2011

Young Freud posted:

That's Demaro's secret, Cap: He's always angry.

Oh yeah, this. Remember, it's the swinging between emotions that shortens lifespan, not having them. So in this context, yes, smug is an emotion.

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy
So then all the neutrals use a particular emotion?

HMMMMMMMMMMMMM

Demario is anger.
Coyote is Smugness
Fudd is confusion.
Tom is like...awkwardness/mild offense? Dunno.
Sylvester is alternate smugness? Or a general sense of superiority.
Porky is (was) fear, perhaps? Or worry/anxiety I suppose. Depression?
Bald Guy was pretty much just exposition so I guess he's maybethe most neutral of them all.

Perhaps they are meant to represent them too. Seems like there are 7 important neutrals in the story so far too, maybe they line up with the seven deadly sins or something along those lines. With lazerbot you can never tell how deep this stuff really goes. Ok, that's enough :spergin: from me for now.

Hudlinkin
Dec 31, 2007
I can never get enough of Coyote being the smuggest motherfucker. His expression in panel 4 is just perfect.

simplefish
Mar 28, 2011

Hudlinkin posted:

I can never get enough of Coyote being the smuggest motherfucker. His expression in panel 4 is just perfect.

simplefish posted:

Panel 4 Coyote: The Smuggest Muthafucker

That was a different page of the comic.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

nerdbot posted:

Demaro is nothing to Wile E. Coyote. I'm worried he might meet his match with Skeletal Satan Gohma though :stonk:

I'd love to see that because Coyote's reaction will probably be "hmmmm yes I expected something like this welp better kill it and turn it into a puppet"