Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CaptainEO
Sep 24, 2007

Found Something Great Here
Mk-1 Tactical Dildo, heated shaft, looks like it broke off the motorized base unit.

Realpost - neat background on that Royal Marines Commando documentary, the 55-year-old filmmaker put himself through the entire selection process (!). Series starts here, the end is a tearjerker.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XmlHxIqVoxE

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

genderstomper58
Jan 10, 2005

by XyloJW

CaptainEO posted:

Mk-1 Tactical Dildo, heated shaft, looks like it broke off the motorized base unit.

Realpost - neat background on that Royal Marines Commando documentary, the 55-year-old filmmaker put himself through the entire selection process (!). Series starts here, the end is a tearjerker.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XmlHxIqVoxE

Dang I didn't know that cool LT and another original 924 guy died :smith:

Time Crisis Actor
Apr 28, 2002

by Hand Knit

Saw this at the outprocessing center in Manas

Armyman25
Sep 6, 2005

genderstomper58
Jan 10, 2005

by XyloJW
Sup babe you like karaoke too???

vains
May 26, 2004

A Big Ten institution offering distance education catering to adult learners

vains fucked around with this message at 08:51 on Jan 9, 2013

genderstomper58
Jan 10, 2005

by XyloJW
im p sure those are godsmack and avenged sevenfold tats

if so sick

vains
May 26, 2004

A Big Ten institution offering distance education catering to adult learners

Its really cool that when you google armyman25 these pictures come up because I can never remember where I saved them.

vains fucked around with this message at 09:00 on Jan 9, 2013

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

genderstomper58 posted:

im p sure those are godsmack and avenged sevenfold tats

if so sick

The sun on her right arm is Godsmack, yes. I know fuckall about avenged sevenfold though.

grover
Jan 23, 2002

PEW PEW PEW
:circlefap::circlefap::circlefap:

Spongebob Tampax posted:

The sun on her right arm is Godsmack, yes. I know fuckall about avenged sevenfold though.
You didn't finish Black Ops 2 single player?

Scratch Monkey
Oct 25, 2010

👰Proč bychom se netěšili🥰když nám Pán Bůh🙌🏻zdraví dá💪?

So is she a marine, a marine spouse, or just really into the marines?

That's probably not true

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?
Doesn't say it has to be the same Marine.

Plastic_Gargoyle
Aug 3, 2007
Injection-Molded

Libyan MiG-23 driver with his mount.

Red Crown
Oct 20, 2008

Pretend my finger's a knife.
I've heard those things are really hard to fly. They have this weird niche in their performance envelope at like Mach 1.8 where you can stall the engine out and die, pretty much.

iyaayas01
Feb 19, 2010

Perry'd

Red Crown posted:

I've heard those things are really hard to fly. They have this weird niche in their performance envelope at like Mach 1.8 where you can stall the engine out and die, pretty much.

That, the wing sweep is manual (you sweep the wings by pulling a lever, and doing so at the wrong speed/AoA/other flight regime can send the aircraft into uncontrolled flight), and it is pretty easy to overspeed because once you hit a certain point (IIRC somewhere just below Mach 2, give or take) a friction lock engaged making it impossible to rapidly reduce the throttle. From the idiots thread:

iyaayas01 posted:

My understanding is that his mishap took place on the second of two orientation flights (if I had my copy of Red Eagles with me I could confirm this), which called for a high speed run. The only real fault here is that Bond got a little carried away with the speed and exceeded the speed he was supposed to be at and departed controlled flight...if I had my copy of Red Eagles I could tell you the specifics but there was some kind of a friction lock on the throttle of the MiG-23 where once you pushed past a certain speed the lock engaged so you couldn't quickly pull back on the throttle, because the rapid deceleration from those high speeds could could cause the engine to break loose from its mounts (which would be bad, obviously). So once you were past a certain speed you were kind of along for the ride for a certain period of time because you had to slowly decelerate. IIRC Bond got going too fast and got in over his head/task saturated to the point where he forgot about/didn't realize the friction lock was engaged and wasn't able to slow down, then departed controlled flight and was forced to eject while still supersonic.

So yeah, the MiG-23 is pretty difficult to fly. If you read Davies' book, not nearly as many Red Eagles were qualified in the Flogger compared to the MiG-21 or -17, and it quickly gained a reputation as an airplane that you had to be fully engaged with constantly and be several steps ahead of all the time, because if you didn't it would find a way to bite you. It was a hot rod with some serious speed and acceleration, but that came at a price. Have some Red Eagles/4477th TES pictures:

Snowdens Secret
Dec 29, 2008
Someone got you a obnoxiously racist av.

I swear this bathroom layout still baffles me

Red Crown
Oct 20, 2008

Pretend my finger's a knife.
Yeah, that's the incident I was thinking of. As I recall he basically took the thing out on a joyride without telling anyone or planning it out and it killed him.

iyaayas01
Feb 19, 2010

Perry'd

Red Crown posted:

Yeah, that's the incident I was thinking of. As I recall he basically took the thing out on a joyride without telling anyone or planning it out and it killed him.

Eh, not really...from the same post in the same thread:

iyaayas01 posted:

As for General Bond's incident, he kind of pulled rank, but it isn't really as bad as it sounds. IIRC this wasn't that unheard of, as another couple of other senior officers did it...the thought process was that they needed to get the experience of the aircraft to be able to effectively advocate for it/fully appreciate the need for it (especially when it came to funding)/etc. The typical profile for this kind of flight was what the Red Eagles called an "orientation" flight...it was what the Red Eagles would fly on their first couple of sorties flying a type of MiG: an experienced check pilot would go up in a chase T-38 while the student pilot (or senior officer) would put the MiG through some basic maneuver. Given General Bond's position as AFSC Vice, as I alluded to above he would've been a) read in on the Red Eagles, and b) actually had something to do with the MiG programs in general. Additionally, the way Jacobson writes it makes it sound like he was out there to see the F-117 and just happened to see the MiGs and was like "ooh, shiny MiGs, I want to fly one." That wasn't it at all; his visit was primarily intended to touch base with the Red Eagles, so the plan always was for him to get some flying time with the MiGs.

It was a planned sortie with a standard brief, there was a Red Eagle check pilot flying in a chase plane (pretty sure it was a T-38 but I still haven't gotten my household goods yet so I can't check my book), the mishap flight was actually his second flight in the Flogger, he just got in over his head and let the plane get away from him.

You could make a case (as some of the Red Eagles have) that neither he nor any other non-Red Eagle should've ever been flying the Flogger because it was just too hard of an aircraft to handle, and now that I think about it I think the preflight brief may have been abbreviated, but he didn't just pull rank and jump in the jet for a joyride.

e: Have some more 4477th TES/Constant Peg pictures:

iyaayas01 fucked around with this message at 06:26 on Jan 10, 2013

pkells
Sep 14, 2007

King of Klatch

Oh man, sweet pic of a couple top secret Mig 28's.

Here's another:

Mike-o
Dec 25, 2004

Now I'm in your room
And I'm in your bed

Grimey Drawer
:eyepop:

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Pine Cone Jones
Dec 6, 2009

You throw me the acorn, I throw you the whip!

"Stunting Real Tactics"

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

grover posted:

You didn't finish Black Ops 2 single player?

I don't have Blops 2? :confused:

Snowdens Secret posted:

I swear this bathroom layout still baffles me

Those are the $50-80 cabinet/vanity combos sold at Home Depot or Blowe's. They're really loving tiny.

grover
Jan 23, 2002

PEW PEW PEW

Spongebob Tampax posted:

I don't have Blops 2? :confused:
In that case, this might be a spoiler even though it has nothing to do with the plot
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nECw_ym6owk

Elendil004
Mar 22, 2003

The prognosis
is not good.

What the gently caress? I feel so confused...I need an adult...

Brown Moses
Feb 22, 2002

Here's some unique footage from Syria of a ODAB 500 PMV thermobaric bomb drop, filmed from inside the helicopter

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LaQDhJBZpds

I've written up some other details here.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

grover posted:

In that case, this might be a spoiler even though it has nothing to do with the plot
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nECw_ym6owk

It was cool to watch Menendez acting like a bitch in the music video after pissing me off the whole game.

Proust Malone
Apr 4, 2008

Brown Moses posted:

Here's some unique footage from Syria of a ODAB 500 PMV thermobaric bomb drop, filmed from inside the helicopter

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LaQDhJBZpds

I've written up some other details here.

Brown Moses
Feb 22, 2002

If it's an earth-shattering kaboom you want...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oQUl4rsTa2Q

Skip to 4:38, but the preamble gives you an idea what makes an earth-shattering kaboom like that. More info on it here.

OMFG PTSD LOL PBUH
Sep 9, 2001

Brown Moses posted:

If it's an earth-shattering kaboom you want...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oQUl4rsTa2Q

Skip to 4:38, but the preamble gives you an idea what makes an earth-shattering kaboom like that. More info on it here.
Edit NM I got this poo poo

OMFG PTSD LOL PBUH fucked around with this message at 23:32 on Jan 10, 2013

Brown Moses
Feb 22, 2002

I'll ask around to see if anyone has a subtitled version. Meanwhile, I've been cataloging hundreds of videos of cluster bombs in Syria, and these two videos are my picks for best and worst cluster bomb videos (that aren't horribly gory)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pXxUnzximuY

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F7hU6lI3Poc

The worst video, which I won't post here, shows a motorcycle that was hit by a bomblet, the rider of which was decapitated in such a way that it degloved the skin on his neck, left his head in one piece, and resulted in what looked like a macabre sockpuppet being held up to the camera.

Ultimate Shrek Fan
May 2, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

Brown Moses posted:

The worst video, which I won't post here, shows a motorcycle that was hit by a bomblet, the rider of which was decapitated in such a way that it degloved the skin on his neck, left his head in one piece, and resulted in what looked like a macabre sockpuppet being held up to the camera.

You can't say that then not post a NWS/NMS link. That flies in the face of the forums.

Brown Moses
Feb 22, 2002

Pufflekins posted:

You can't say that then not post a NWS/NMS link. That flies in the face of the forums.

Maybe I'll come across it again on my daily trawls through Youtube. That one wasn't a keeper.

OMFG PTSD LOL PBUH
Sep 9, 2001

Brown Moses posted:

Maybe I'll come across it again on my daily trawls through Youtube. That one wasn't a keeper.

Won't lie, wanna see this video.

grover
Jan 23, 2002

PEW PEW PEW

GAS CURES KIKES posted:

Won't lie, wanna see this video.
Won't lie, not gonna click.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
/\/\ "My tender eyes!"

gently caress it, I'll watch that poo poo, just not in front of the wife or cats (they have sensitive eyes, like grover).

Bacarruda
Mar 30, 2011

Mutiny!?! More like "reinterpreted orders"
...:stonk:

:nms: :nws: Cluster bomb versus motyorcylist :nws: :nms:

OMFG PTSD LOL PBUH
Sep 9, 2001

I dub this a Syrian Haircut

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

:stare:

It's like somebody tore the head off a stretch armstrong.

E: Grover, give it a watch. It's not so terrible. Not like that Chechnyan beheading video, that's really something I wish I hadn't watched.

GAS CURES KIKES posted:

I dub this a Syrian Haircut

Two bits?

EBB fucked around with this message at 01:22 on Jan 11, 2013

penis bandana
Aug 6, 2008
"Degloved" should have been enough warning, but I just had to watch anyway.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Flying_Crab
Apr 12, 2002

It isn't that gory. That VBIED though. :stare:

• Locked thread