Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Silentman0
Jul 11, 2005

I have a new neighbor. Heard he comes from far away
Do whatever would be the most entertaining and stop asking us this crap.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

I want at least one stage with no main characters. :colbert:

veekie
Dec 25, 2007

Dice of Chaos
Whatever is most entertaining

But for Watta, he has the perk of helping keep even second stringer characters up to par with the bonus PP, so a vote against benching him, because he makes crappy options not so crappy.

Other than that, the guys currently up for analysis don't really grab your attention that well.

KDavisJr
Jul 17, 2010

A real avatar never dies, even when it's replaced!

Silentman0 posted:

This.

OH! And Whatever you do, it makes Gurren Lagaan awesome!:kamina:

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

some people just wanna watch the world burn

KDavisJr posted:

And Whatever you do, it makes Gurren Lagaan awesome!:kamina:

So if Caphi benches Gurren Lagaan for the rest of the game, will that make it more awesome? :v:

Also Gundams, Gundams, Gundams.

veekie
Dec 25, 2007

Dice of Chaos

BlitzBlast posted:

So if Caphi benches Gurren Lagaan for the rest of the game, will that make it more awesome? :v:

By demonstrating the pain of not having Gurren Lagann.

Caphi
Jan 6, 2012

INCREDIBLE

Silentman0 posted:

I was asked. I wanted to stop and update on the units themselves before I went back to the routine of battle dialogue and turn summaries, and clearly posters are joining the discussion. I'm certainly not expecting anyone to care about anything. I just do want to sync on this stuff and I think some people want me to do it too. If this doesn't engage you personally, just know the next chapter will arrive on schedule.

Wing Gundam (Heero Yuy)
Skills
Prevail L7
Hit & Away
Block
EN Save
Spirits
Accel
Focus
Sense
Ace Bonus: Evasion +20%. Movement +1.

Gundam Deathscythe (Duo Maxwell)
Skills
Prevail L5
Blocking
Will+ (Evade)
EN Save
Spirits
Alert
Focus
Strike
Ace Bonus: Critical rate +30%.

Apparently, I'm a fan of EN Save. These guys don't seem to need much other than the usual good ideas (SP+, Limit Break, Will+).

Gundam Heavy Arms (Trowa Barton)
Skills
Prevail L4
Offensive Support L2
Combo Attack
Spirits
Strike
Trust
Traits
Blade
Shield
Ace Bonus: Evasion +15%. Range of non-MAP, non-range 1 weapons +1.

Gundam Sandrock (Quattre Rababa Winner)
Skills
Prevail L4
Block
Defensive Support L3
Spirits
Invincible
Mercy
Ace Bonus: Gains 10 Will when using Offensive or Defensive Support.

I don't use sidekick robots. That said, Trowa is pretty braindead to build (Ammo Save, support) and Quattre is all right at everything.

Gundam Exia (Setsuna F. Seiei)
Skills
Blocking
Counter L5
Chain Actions
EN Save
Resolve
Spirits
Focus
Strike
Sense
Ace Bonus: 1.5x damage to Gundams or mechs equipped with solar furnaces.

Chain Actions and Resolve go together brilliantly. That's all I have to say about that.

Gundam Dynames (Lockon Stratos, Haro)
Skills
Blocking
Will+ (Hit)
Offensive Support L2
Hit & Away
Ammo Save
Spirits
(Lockon)
Snipe
Strike
(Haro)
Scan
Ace Bonus: Critical rate +40%.

Still can't believe I had to add Hit & Away. Lockon has a good Skill so I'll probably give him Attack Again if I keep using him.

Gundam Kyrios (Allelujah Haptism)
Skills
Block
Will+ (Evasion)
Hit and Away
Spirits
Focus
Vigor
Accel
Ace Bonus: Evasion +20%.

Gundam Virtue (Tieria Erde)
Skills
Will+ (Destroy)
Block
Defensive Support L2
Hit & Away
Guard
Spirits
Attune
Invincible
Guard
Ace Bonus: At more than 130 Will, casts Fury at the start of each player phase.

Apparently, dudes like the backup Meisters. I'll keep that in mind.

Ptolemaios (Sumeragi Lee Noriega, Lasse Aeon, Lichtendahl Tsery, Christina Sierra, Feldt Grace)
Skills
Command L1
Share Parts
Repair
Spirits
(Sumeragi)
Alert
Trust
(Lasse)
Vigor
Strike
(Lichty)
Accel
Gain
(Chris)
Scan
Analyze
(Feldt)
Focus
Invincible
Ace Bonus: :|

I have not done anything to the Ptolemy, either.

Tomorrow: Super robots and terrorists.

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

Well, here's my advice on the Gundams.

Heero: Attack Again, because the plot will probably force him to play solo whenever the writers pander to their biggest fanboy it feels like it.
Duo: Size Ignore, since...Duo usually turns out the most balanced of the Wing cast and really doesn't need much outside of what you've already given him, Caphi. Also, doesn't he have "Hyper Jammer" as a trait by default?
Trowa: Ammo Save, Dash, to get around speed and ammo consumption problems (seriously, Trowa may be a great supporter, but goddamn is he slower than molasses).
Quatre: SP Up, Guard, since he usually is a great support pilot and will need something to boost his defensive supporting.

Setsuna: Leave alone because you've pretty much done enough already with him.
Lockon: Either Combo Attack or Attack Again, depending on if you want him to be a supporter (Combo Attack) or a front-line attacker (Attack Again).
Allelujah: EN Save, for future plot events.
Vowels: EN Save or Ammo Save, since there's not much else I can see that'll work with him. Also, I forget if he has more ammo-based attacks or EN-based attacks.
Sumeragi: Supply (if you can). Also, her ace bonus is: Doubles the effect of her "Command" ability.

ActionZero
Jan 22, 2011

I act once more in
imitation of light
Sticking with my massive love for the Kyrios line, I think you should give Allelujah Attack Again (he looks to have enough skill that it would be worthwhile) and Chain Actions once you can build enough PP, I can't not be in favour of turning it into a massive wrecking ball of death. I guess maybe EN Save to fill out the last slot if it's going to get as EN hungry as I think it will later on.

... I think I might have a problem when it comes to those Gundams.

Caphi
Jan 6, 2012

INCREDIBLE

Dancouga Nova (Aoi Hidaka, Kurara Tachibana, Sakuya Kamon, Johnny Burnett)
Skills
??? (all)
Prevail L3
Predict
EN Save
Resolve
Spirits
(Aoi)
Accel
Focus
Spirit
(Kurara)
Mercy
Strike
(Sakuya)
Vigor
Invincible
(Johnny)
Guard
Analyze
Ace Bonus: When the "Go Wild" Skill activates, casts "Zeal" once.

Every super robot gets EN Save. It's fairly cheap and makes them more able to spam their good attacks. Aoi has Resolve to get her into Dancouga faster, since the Nova Eagle is really bad.

Getter Robo
Skills
(Ryoma)
Prevail L7
Break Will Limit
Will+ (Destroy)
EN Save
(Hayato)
Prevail L3
Predict
Counter L6
EN Save
Dash
(Musashi)
Prevail L8
Will+ (Damage)
Defensive Support L1
SP+ L9
Spirits
(Hayato)
Mercy
Alert
(Musashi)
Guts
(Ryoma)
Vigor
Strike
Traits
Getter Vision
Transform
Weapons
Drill Missile (4 Ammo, Pierce Barriers)
Drill Storm (10 EN)
Drill Arm (30 EN, Pierce Barriers)
Ace Bonus
(Ryoma) Deals 1.3x damage above 150 Will.
(Hayato) Trigger rate of Getter Vision-like traits increased by +20%.
(Musashi) The "Spirit" Spirit is replaced by "Drive."

I'm pretty sure I built Getter the way I always build Getter in every single SRW game - Hayato as the charger, Ryoma as the destroyer, and Musashi as a big ol' SP tank. Musashi is particularly suited for the job in Z2 with his Ace Bonus - I've been having him cast Drive at the start of every battle to catapult his teammates into the awesome zone.

Mazinger Z (Kouji Kabuto)
Skills
Prevail L6
Morale
Will+ (Damage)
EN Save
Offensive Support L2
Spirits
Strike
Accel
Invincible
Guard
Ace Bonus: 1.2x damage when above 130 Will.

Mazinger is yet another "kicks rear end no matter what" case. Now that I reflect on it, someone made a drat good case for Offensive Support Photon Beam back when Kouji joined, but the difficulty is that it can only be triggered by units on land... for now. (The eventual Jet Scrander should not be a spoiler at this point.) That's... Hayato, Akagi, Simon, Aoi, actually some pretty fair units. Good deal.

Aphrodite A (Sayaka Yumi)
Skills
Prevail L2
Defensive Support L1
Guard
Spirits
Vigor
Cheer
Traits
Repair
Ace Bonus: Doubles the healing from the Repair command. (unearned)

I have never used Sayaka. She's ridiculously low-leveled. Whoops.

Dai-Guard (Shunsuke Akagi, Ibuki Momoi, Keiichiro Aoyama)
Skills
Salaryman (all)
Prevail L6
Morale
Supply
Ammo Save
Spirits
(Akagi)
Gain
Guts
Invincible
(Ibuki)
Vigor
Strike
Guard
(Aoyama)
Vigor
Accel
Focus
Ace Bonus: The Spirit command Valor becomes Soul.

Dai-Guard has come a long way since I first showed off its stats. Ibuki and Aoyama still have weak SP pools, but they've gained some versatility as sub-pilots. And now that Dai-Guard has the Knot Buster and Knot Punisher, Ammo Save is effective at letting Akagi throw them around a little more often than just the final round. Dai-Guard also benefits vastly from parts - it's taking up a Vernier, an A-Adapter, and a Long-Range Radar to make up for its lack of movement, range, and effectiveness against flying enemies.

Burai (Zero)
Skills
Tactics
Command L2
Morale
Break Will Limit
Spirits
Analyze
Strike
Ace Bonus: Takes 0.5x damage during Defensive Support.

Zero is a rare pilot who comes with four skills built in. He'll get a better machine later, but for the moment he's mainly going to stay out of combat, so he doesn't have that many relevant skills.

Burai (Kaname Ohgi)
Skills
Guard
Defensive Support L2
Ammo Save
Repair
Spirits
Vigor
Trust
Gain
Ace Bonus: +2 radius of the Tactics command effect.

Burai (Shinichiro Tamaki)
Skills
Fortune
Offensive Support L2
Resolve
Supply
Spirits
Alert
Vigor
Ace Bonus: The SP cost of the Spirit command "Luck" becomes 20.

Ugh, sidekicks. Not even great sidekicks - they're in crappy mecha. They're only leveled a little from being in the non-saved path split.

Guren Type-02 (Karen Koutsuki)
Skills
Prevail L6
Morale
Will+ (Hit)
EN Save
Chain Actions
Spirits
Guts
Invincible
Strike
Guard
Ace Bonus: 1.1x damage using Melee weapons.

I know I said I wouldn't abuse Chain Actions, but Karen is so destructive and even comes with Morale (so she starts at 115 Will) that it seems like a shame not to give it to her. She's probably getting that EM Antenna, since she's the only one who's ever actually run completely out of energy (mainly because she's an inviting target and every successful hit drains power for the radiation barrier).

Gurren-Lagann (Kamina, Simon)
Skills
(Simon)
Spiral Power L2
Prevail L6
Break Will Limit
EN Save
(Kamina)
Spiral Power L2
Prevail L8
Morale
Fortune
EN Save
SP+ L9
Spirits
(Simon)
Gain
Guts
(Kamina)
Trust
Sense
Spirit
Ace Bonus
(Kamina) Will maximum raised by +30.
(Simon) Deploys at +30 Will.

This is number eleven, I know, but G-L is a natural breakpoint because right after that is the S. M. S. squad.

We've been without Gurren-Lagann so long I forgot I inflated Kamina's SP pool. He really should let Simon lead the way, and his Spirit pool is excellent whether or not he's in the driver's seat, so that's that. Gurren-Lagann is another case where the mecha is ridiculously good no matter what you attach to its pilots. That said, Simon's Ace Bonus makes him uniquely suited to Predict and/or Guard (in case you thought Gurren-Lagann wasn't hard enough to kill), as well as Chain Actions, which is incredibly tempting for all the same reasons it was for Karen.

Caphi fucked around with this message at 17:44 on Jan 9, 2013

Ardeem
Sep 16, 2010

There is no problem that cannot be solved through sufficient application of lasers and friendship.
Man, Ohgi has done one thing right in his entire life Hey, is Villete recruitable/even in the game?, and Tamaki exists to make Ohgi look like a competent pilot and whine when Zero screws somebody over.

Also, I'm pro Karen steamrolling the world until she runs out of EN.

As for the supers, buff the usual suspects because if people start voting for things past "Go with who has lines and you think is fun" they're shoe-ins.

Silentman0
Jul 11, 2005

I have a new neighbor. Heard he comes from far away

Caphi posted:

I was asked. I wanted to stop and update on the units themselves before I went back to the routine of battle dialogue and turn summaries, and clearly posters are joining the discussion. I'm certainly not expecting anyone to care about anything. I just do want to sync on this stuff and I think some people want me to do it too. If this doesn't engage you personally, just know the next chapter will arrive on schedule.

I didn't mean to be an rear end, I just didn't really want you to waste your time.

veekie
Dec 25, 2007

Dice of Chaos
Mazinger, Getter and Gurren Lagann basically can't be bad no matter what you do with them. Other than running out of crushyness and needing a resupply.

GL is a bit more interesting with Guard than Predict though, after all they all have an assload of Prevail and regenerate health easy.

Doc Quantum
Sep 15, 2011
My last playthrough of Hakai-hen, I ignored Akagi's supply function altogether, deployed him and Watta every stage so that their PP-granting skills would stack, put Guard, Will Limit Break and one of the Will+ skills, then pumped up his defense and melee stats to turn him into an engine of destruction overcoming the limitations of his poor machine by sheer strength of will.

Other than that, you should put Spirit Block on all your super pilots, so they're not incapacitated whenever they come up against certain enemies, or annoying bosses like Aim.

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

Got fewer recommendations this time, since we've moved past stuff I'm interested in seeing (for now):

I recommend giving Akagi "Dash", so that Dai-Guard can overcome the speed issues it has. Disregard what I said earlier and throw the Extra ISC on Dai-Guard to boost its mobility and movement.

Give the Getter Team "Spirit Block" (all three, but ESPECIALLY Hayato and Ryoma, given your playstyle), because if I remember D correctly, Invaders have stat-reducing attacks that have carried over to Z2.

Give Aoi "Dash" and one Adrenaline Ampule, for extra Dancougar Nova usage.

Give Karen "Guard", to help overcome her rather low Defense stat since her morale gains will work well with "Guard".

Give Kouji "Combo Attack", to get the most mileage out of Offensive Support Photon Beam.

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

quantumavenger posted:

My last playthrough of Hakai-hen, I ignored Akagi's supply function altogether, deployed him and Watta every stage so that their PP-granting skills would stack, put Guard, Will Limit Break and one of the Will+ skills, then pumped up his defense and melee stats to turn him into an engine of destruction overcoming the limitations of his poor machine by sheer strength of will.

If we could turn Akagi into a pilot who destroys Dai-Guard's limits simply by being in the pilot's seat, that'd be great. Then again, I'm of the opinion that Dai-Guard should be deployed whenever possible because it's such a great machine with great pilots.

Also I doubt it needs to be said, but I'm pretty sure unless there's some real good lines that come up that it's safe to Bench Aphrodite A for the remainder of the game. I don't see a situation in which it'll come in handy.

Gurren Lagann should get Guard because we're not a dodgy super robot :colbert:. And at least one of the Gur(r)ens should get Chain Actions just in case you absolutely, positively have to mow everything down in a single turn.

Omnicrom
Aug 3, 2007
Snorlax Afficionado

You mixed up Zero's Ace Bonus, the bonus as listed is the same as Ohgi's.

Anyways I tended to give Dai-Guard the first Haro which immediately solved most of its problems thankfully. And Zero can use E Save and Hit and Away in a little while.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009
Give Zero EN Save. Not for the moment, but in preparation for his new mech.

GimmickMan
Dec 27, 2011

Clearly we should send the Ptolemy off to farm kills every chance we get.

Doc Quantum
Sep 15, 2011

TK-31 posted:

...bit of a catch with that plan at the moment, though, isn't there?

Daler Mehndi
Apr 10, 2005

Tunak Tunak Tun!
I never thought about this until now, but is it possible to give suborders to the battleship captains in the intermission menu? I don't remember doing that, but I always assumed that was because you can't use pilots deployed in the previous mission, and battleships always auto-deploy.

Son Ryo
Jun 13, 2007
Excuse me, do you know where Saiyans hang out?

Daler Mehndi posted:

I never thought about this until now, but is it possible to give suborders to the battleship captains in the intermission menu? I don't remember doing that, but I always assumed that was because you can't use pilots deployed in the previous mission, and battleships always auto-deploy.

You usually can't but it's possible after the beginning of a route split. I found it was a great way to make a lot of money since battleship captains tended to be among my highest level pilots-- especially Sumeragi, for obvious reasonq.

Materant
Jul 22, 2010

see, what you don't understand is he now has

THE MANLIEST MUSTACHE

it defies physics

TK-31 posted:

The Ptolomaios has no weapons at the moment, however, since this is a New Game + run, and we can see Sumeragi has kills, we can probably infer it picks a weapon up at some point.

Caphi
Jan 6, 2012

INCREDIBLE

Materant posted:

The Ptolomaios has no weapons at the moment, however, since this is a New Game + run, and we can see Sumeragi has kills, we can probably infer it picks a weapon up at some point.

Tricksy! But for the record, there's no exception for Sumeragi gaining one kill per level she spends on a different path split, nor is there one for sending her on a Patrol sub-order on the rare instances she can.

GimmickMan
Dec 27, 2011

I had been assuming you could at least send her on patrols regularly. That ace bonus is a complete troll.

Omnicrom
Aug 3, 2007
Snorlax Afficionado

Daler Mehndi posted:

Well in Z2.2 they give you I think 6 Battleships total and you can only use 3 in a mission, so yes some of your Battleship captains can be used in sub-orders.

veekie
Dec 25, 2007

Dice of Chaos

Caphi posted:

Tricksy! But for the record, there's no exception for Sumeragi gaining one kill per level she spends on a different path split, nor is there one for sending her on a Patrol sub-order on the rare instances she can.

How's she killing things while on patrol anyway? Parking on them?

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

veekie posted:

How's she killing things while on patrol anyway? Parking on them?

How else but with a GN barrier and RAMMING SPEED!! :black101:

veekie
Dec 25, 2007

Dice of Chaos
Come to think of it, any unit with a barrier should have a ramming attack. Just coz.

Caphi
Jan 6, 2012

INCREDIBLE
One last batch!

VF-25F Messiah B/F (Alto Saotome)
Skills
Prevail L6
Morale
Dash
Fortune
Spirits
Focus
Vigor
Luck
Sense
Ace Bonus: Can Transform after moving.

VF-25G Messiah B/F (Mikhail "Michel" Blanc)
Skills
Offensive Support L2
Will+ (Hit)
Hit & Away
Chain Attack
Spirits
Sense
Gain
Snipe
Ace Bonus: +15% Accuracy, 15% Evasion when adjacent to a female pilot (ally or enemy).

RVF-25 Messiah B/F (Luca Angeloni)
Skills
Offensive Support L1
Ammo Save
Ignore Size
Spirits
Scan
Focus
Analyze
Ace Bonus: SP cost of the Confuse spirit reduced to 40.

VF-25S Messiah B/F (Ozma Lee)
Skills
Command L2
Prevail L5
Chain Actions
Resolve
Spirits
Focus
Accel
Sense
Ace Bonus: Doubles the effect of the "F. Bomber Disc" part.

I haven't been paying attention to the S. M. S. people at all. If we're going to use them, Ozma is taking Resolve to pair with Chain Actions, and Michel likewise with Chain Attack and Offensive Support. Alto is eventually going to be the main character of some chapters.

VB-6 Koenig Monster (Canaria Berstein)
Skills
Hit & Away
Offensive Support L1
Defensive Support L2
Spirits
Invincible
Strike
Faith
Traits
Transform
Ace Bonus: Range of weapons other than range 1 and MAP weapons increased by 1.

Quadluun-Rea (Klan Klan)
Skills
Prevail L3
Resolve
Guad
Spirits
Guts
Focus
Trust
Ace Bonus: If Michel is on the map, gains +3 Will at the beginning of each player phase.

Been paying attention to these people even less. Canaria is an okay supporter, I guess. Maybe she can have Chain Attack too.

Macross Quarter Fortress Mode (Jeffrey Wilder, Bobby Margo, Catherine Glass)
Skills

Command L3
Defensive Support L2
EN Save
Hit & Away
Offensive Support L1
Spirits
(Jeffrey)
Strike
Trust
Invincible
(Bobby)
Vigor
Accel
(Cathy)
Scan
Gain
Ace Bonus: Adjacent S. M. S. members gain +20% Accuracy, +20% Evasion.

Every battleship worth its salt should have Hit & Away, since they generally want to be moving with the army and their weapons are generally cannons and stuff. The Quarter is powerful enough, and Jeffrey a good enough commander (who has Strike), so hey, extra attacks.

Oh my god who even cares about these people. The spec2 hasn't changed much since two chapters ago so if you care you can just refer to that.

Brasta (Crowe Brust)
Skills
Offensive Support 2
Chain Attack
Fortune
Hit & Away
Attack Again
Spirits
Focus
Sense
Ace Bonus: +25% earned money; 1.1x damage dealt at 130+ Will.

Poor Crowe has only picked up a single new Spirit since the game began so long ago. He has a lot of PP I've been sitting on, a chunk of which is earmarked for his Skill stat (as are some other pilots, like Chirico, since the current number to beat is around 195 and I've been slacking on the stats), but he does have an open slot. Normal generally good skills apply. I believe there's room for an extra rank or two of Offensive Support. Other than that, I guess Block was suggested back when since he's not making use of his shield.

Anyway, that's everybody we have right now. Hopefully it was informative. Normal gameplay resumes this weekend.

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

Well, let's give Alto "Attack Again", if he's going to be getting some focus in later stages. Also, give the S.M.S. some PP towards their Defense stats, because they are barely over 100 for most of them. It's a shame that the Macross F cast got nerfed for this game (Messiahs are M-size, everyone lacks Pin Point Barriers) compared to their L counterparts (Messiahs are S-size, everyone has Pin Point Barriers). What really bugs me is the removal of the barriers. I can deal with the size adjustment, but why remove a method of defense for pilots with low Defense stats? It's just pure :psyduck:

Might as well give Renton something since he's going to be Plot RelevantTM. Uhh...I'll get back to you on that.

Crowe. I'd say give him "Spirit Block" since I have a feeling he's going to be thrown up against walls of DMs down the line. Otherwise, go with whatever you think works best, Caphi.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009
Give Alto some focus since he's an okay Real and not leveling him makes some chapters really annoying.

The GIG
Jun 28, 2011

Yeah, I say "Shit" a shit-ton of times. What of it, shithead?

AradoBalanga posted:

Might as well give Renton something since he's going to be Plot RelevantTM. Uhh...I'll get back to you on that.

Give him the boot.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Ugh. I hate Skull Squadron - because I actually like them and I'm torn between the agony of burning five precious deployment slots or letting my OCD rage at me for only deploying a couple of them. The fact that their music kicks rear end does not help.

Also, gently caress Movie Renton and his pale imitation Nirvash.

Ardeem
Sep 16, 2010

There is no problem that cannot be solved through sufficient application of lasers and friendship.

Spiritus Nox posted:

Ugh. I hate Skull Squadron - because I actually like them and I'm torn between the agony of burning five precious deployment slots or letting my OCD rage at me for only deploying a couple of them. The fact that their music kicks rear end does not help.

Also, gently caress Movie Renton and his pale imitation Nirvash.

Can we just spend all of the money for Eurka 7 on the SMS squad and then have the Nivash hide in a corner while they awesome all over the stage?

TheBystander
Apr 28, 2011
Max out Alto's Prevail. He's not as dodgy as he should be, so he's bound to get hit once, and if he survives it the Prevail boost makes him actually pretty good. I've never really used the other SMS characters much, so I've got nothing for them, but Alto can turn out quite well if you use him.

Hunter Noventa
Apr 21, 2010

I've actually made pretty good use of Klan Klan of all people. She's pretty balanced and can hit fairly hard, at least for a Macross character in this game. Alto does well too, he gets some good spirits. If you use Michel he needs Hit & Away. Luca is just terrible though.

veekie
Dec 25, 2007

Dice of Chaos
Seems like Klan and Michel makes a natural team up.

Daler Mehndi
Apr 10, 2005

Tunak Tunak Tun!
I noticed that all the Valkyries are equipped with shields, yet none of the pilots has Blocking as a natural skill (unlike, say, a lot of Gundam pilots). I haven't given them Blocking in my playthrough, but I was tempted, especially for the ones that spent a lot of time in humanoid mode like Michel.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheBystander
Apr 28, 2011

Daler Mehndi posted:

I noticed that all the Valkyries are equipped with shields, yet none of the pilots has Blocking as a natural skill (unlike, say, a lot of Gundam pilots). I haven't given them Blocking in my playthrough, but I was tempted, especially for the ones that spent a lot of time in humanoid mode like Michel.

I'm glad they remove the blocking skill in Z2.2, and just make blocking something pilots can always do. Having to add the skill to a pilot always struck me as a waste of a skill, and I would almost never bother (with one exception, but we haven't met him yet).

• Locked thread