Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT BEING ALLERGIC TO POSITIVITY

casa de mi padre posted:

"Hey look, it's the girl I know from those Disney shows my daughter watches! She has a nice set of tits! I'm definitely going to see this!" - Things nobody is saying.

Sadly I'm fairly sure a lot of people are saying this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours
Yeah, that's an easily falsifiable claim as there are way too many grown dudes who are interested in Disney girls.

Carly Gay Dead Son
Aug 27, 2007

Bonus.

Teenage Fansub posted:

People aren't looking forward as gently caress to Spring Breakers?

edit: Is there one official poster for this movie?
Franco's hand looks fake here, but I like how they rotated the whole thing around his side grip.

This is just egregious and I feel gross just looking at it. If it was the iCarly girls though... :swoon:

Supercar Gautier
Jun 10, 2006

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD posted:

Yeah, that's an easily falsifiable claim as there are way too many grown dudes who are interested in Disney girls.

"I can't wait until _______ turns 18!" -Man who masturbates to pictures of teen star before and after she turns 18 in equal measure and will never encounter her in real life anyway

Farbtoner
May 17, 2011

by Y Kant Ozma Post

Beyond sane knolls posted:

This is just egregious and I feel gross just looking at it. If it was the iCarly girls though... :swoon:

Please Stop Being Creepy

Wubbles
Oct 30, 2011

You are being satirical, yes?

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

Is the joke that the iCarly girls are already 20 years old?

Wendell
May 11, 2003

Regarding the creepiness of that poster/film, Vanessa Hudgens is 24 and I don't know who the other two are, but Selena Gomez looks 14 and probably is. That's enough to make it icky.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Hello dear Goons, they're making a movie about you and I'll bet it is something awful.

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
Pretty sure the Anonymous/4chan stuff has nothing to do with SA.

Carly Gay Dead Son
Aug 27, 2007

Bonus.

oldpainless posted:

Is the joke that the iCarly girls are already 20 years old?

More of a low-effort ironic statement than a well thought-out joke, per se.

and uh... content, from a film called Pituitary Hunter; it's pretty dope:

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

feedmyleg posted:

Pretty sure the Anonymous/4chan stuff has nothing to do with SA.

I seem to remember 4chan being started by former goons and the Anonymous thread when all the Scientology poo poo went down was gigantic on here with tons of goons contributing.

It was kind of fun following it but I think it will make a pretty terrible film and definitely makes a terrible poster that people are going to automatically associate with V for Vendetta.

casa de mi padre
Sep 3, 2012
Black people are the real racists!

Wendell posted:

Regarding the creepiness of that poster/film, Vanessa Hudgens is 24 and I don't know who the other two are, but Selena Gomez looks 14 and probably is. That's enough to make it icky.
She's 9 years old, dude.

kiimo posted:

Hello dear Goons, they're making a movie about you and I'll bet it is something awful.

I really really hope that this is just making fun of dopey nerds for two hours and doesn't treat them seriously at all.

I want interviews with "anonymous" who talk all about corporate oppression or whatever the hell they're protesting... and then they give you a tour of their mom's basement.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Wendell posted:

I looked at her wiki and she's 20. Every girl in this is over 20, so all the "ew this is so gross!" about it in this thread is the weirdest thing. Former Disney stars of both genders doing something "edgy" to break out of that "good girl/boy" image is not at all a new thing, and these women are doing it at a later age than usual (Brittney Spears being something like 16 in the Hit Me Baby One More Time video, for instance).

penismightier
Dec 6, 2005

What the hell, I'll just eat some trash.

I do not like this post.

TheBigBudgetSequel
Nov 25, 2008

It's not who I am underneath, but what I do that defines me.

kiimo posted:

I seem to remember 4chan being started by former goons and the Anonymous thread when all the Scientology poo poo went down was gigantic on here with tons of goons contributing.

It was kind of fun following it but I think it will make a pretty terrible film and definitely makes a terrible poster that people are going to automatically associate with V for Vendetta.

Doesn't Warner Brothers have a hold on that particular design of Guy Fawkes mask now? I know the ones they sell at stores all have a big WB logo printed on the inside.

The Modern Leper
Dec 25, 2008

You must be a masochist

Teenage Fansub posted:

People aren't looking forward as gently caress to Spring Breakers?

edit: Is there one official poster for this movie?
Franco's hand looks fake here, but I like how they rotated the whole thing around his side grip.

Is it going to take a gay guy to notice that Selena's neck is hopelessly broken in that poster?

Crackbone
May 23, 2003

Vlaada is my co-pilot.

TheJoker138 posted:

I looked at her wiki and she's 20. Every girl in this is over 20, so all the "ew this is so gross!" about it in this thread is the weirdest thing. Former Disney stars of both genders doing something "edgy" to break out of that "good girl/boy" image is not at all a new thing, and these women are doing it at a later age than usual (Brittney Spears being something like 16 in the Hit Me Baby One More Time video, for instance).

The implication that somebody is looking forward to a girl turning legal age so they can oogle/wank to them is loving creepy. Hope this helps clear things up for you!

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Crackbone posted:

The implication that somebody is looking forward to a girl turning legal age so they can oogle/wank to them is loving creepy. Hope this helps clear things up for you!

But they have apparently all been "legal" for 2-4 years at least. So there's no implication of that in these posters either.

Wheany
Mar 17, 2006

Spinyahahahahahahahahahahahaha!

Doctor Rope

TheJoker138 posted:

But they have apparently all been "legal" for 2-4 years at least. So there's no implication of that in these posters either.

Please stop.

There was definitely people doing it, with varying degrees of irony, and it really would be better if we would just drop the subject before it turns undeniably creepy.

e: Pretty much the qualification of how long they have been legal makes it creepy. If you need to qualify, it's probably creepy.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Wheany posted:

Please stop.

There was definitely people doing it, with varying degrees of irony, and it really would be better if we would just drop the subject before it turns undeniably creepy.

e: Pretty much the qualification of how long they have been legal makes it creepy. If you need to qualify, it's probably creepy.

People doing that are creepy yes, but none of that is from any content on the actual posters. The posters are nothing but a bunch of women who are all 20 or older and James Franco. The movie itself doesn't seem to be about anything of the sort either. There's a lot of projecting going on here, is all I'm saying.

penismightier
Dec 6, 2005

Next person to say "legal" gets banned.

Supercar Gautier
Jun 10, 2006

Reminder that even adult women are admired for neotenous features; Media infantilizes women and sexualizes children, and we meet in the middle at the doe-eyed nymphomaniac womanchild.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Coffee And Pie
Nov 4, 2010

"Blah-sum"?
More like "Blawesome"

penismightier posted:

Next person to say "legal" gets banned.

Guess I'm not discussing the poster of that Reese Witherspoon movie now :(

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
Hey, look, a movie poster I like:

Carly Gay Dead Son
Aug 27, 2007

Bonus.

feedmyleg posted:

What is that 'U' under the T in FORGOT?

penismightier
Dec 6, 2005

Coffee And Pie posted:

Guess I'm not discussing the poster of that Reese Witherspoon movie now :(

Pleasantville? No, that's fine. :)

joedevola
Sep 11, 2004

worst song, played on ugliest guitar

feedmyleg posted:

That poster has more going than a lot of full movies. drat.

casa de mi padre
Sep 3, 2012

feedmyleg posted:

I miss painted posters. There's something charming about them, even if they completely ignore the rules of composition and just throw everything in there willy-nilly.

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something

feedmyleg posted:

This poster is made of goodness and I shall now try and acquire it.

DNS
Mar 11, 2009

by Smythe
One more Spring Breakers poster (I think this one is really cool, and seems to be the first one to hint at the movie's real tone):

feedmyleg posted:

That's incredible.

Yancy_Street
Nov 26, 2007

drunk octopus
wants to fight you

feedmyleg posted:

I have this bad boy on my wall. I wish to God someone would bring this era of posters back.

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004

joedevola posted:

That poster has more going than a lot of full movies. drat.

Some day when I'm a big Hollywood producer, I'm going to buy the rights to adapt old film posters into new movies, ignoring the bad B-movies themselves. I mean come on, adapting this could be incredible:

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

That T-Rex is hilariously huge.

Terminal Entropy
Dec 26, 2012

kiimo posted:

That T-Rex is hilariously huge.

It's standing a yead away from the people. It's a pet T-rex that ran off with their dolls.

CantDecideOnAName
Jan 1, 2012

And I understand if you ask
Was this life,
was this all?
Those Spring Breakers posters make me think that the movie is about human trafficking and prostitution.

casa de mi padre
Sep 3, 2012

DNS posted:

One more Spring Breakers poster (I think this one is really cool, and seems to be the first one to hint at the movie's real tone):

If I'd seen this poster first I'd be interested in the movie right now!

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

casa de mi padre posted:

If I'd seen this poster first I'd be interested in the movie right now!

The movie looks kind of great from the clips they've released:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZC5nCxloXVU

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IO0RPZcHDe4

Kevar
Jan 1, 2005
gimmar
I've been looking forward to Spring Breakers since it was first announced because if nothing else it's going to weird as hell.

The worst thing about it is that Cliff Martinez (who owns) is doing the score, but then Skrillex is WUBing over it or something.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Coffee And Pie
Nov 4, 2010

"Blah-sum"?
More like "Blawesome"

DNS posted:

Kevar posted:

The worst thing about it is that Cliff Martinez (who owns) is doing the score, but then Skrillex is WUBing over it or something.

You had my curiosity, but now you have my attention.