Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

nerdbot
Mar 16, 2012

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

I'd love to see that because Coyote's reaction will probably be "hmmmm yes I expected something like this welp better kill it and turn it into a puppet"

To be fair, he actually DID predict something like this would happen back when Wile E. Coyote first saw Demaro's third eye. But still, that thing means business.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

scarycave
Oct 9, 2012

Dominic Beegan:
Exterminator For Hire
I think Demaro's third eye might be a lazy eye. Sometimes it reacts to the scene, sometimes it doesn't. I'm putting my money that its the Sintipede's actual eye, and that the Sintipede is a satanic tapeworm-like parasite that's going to burst from Demaro's head once it grows strong enough from the souls its consumed.

It's the Zeromus of this comic. It can't die in this battle. :tinfoil:

Chieves
Sep 20, 2010

I just marathoned the whole thread over the past few days. I've gotta say, this thread really made the experience a ton more enjoyable, and I'm genuinely excited for where the story is going to go! I've gotta say, the biggest surprises so far were:

1) first sighting of Elmer's neutral powers
2) poo poo HE'S DRAGONBORN
3) Rob's gruesome murder that was undone immediately.

scarycave
Oct 9, 2012

Dominic Beegan:
Exterminator For Hire

Chieves posted:

I just marathoned the whole thread over the past few days. I've gotta say, this thread really made the experience a ton more enjoyable, and I'm genuinely excited for where the story is going to go! I've gotta say, the biggest surprises so far were:

Marathoning this thread is what got me to buy an account after I was cut-off. Well, that and the mock threads. Don't really read comics that aren't horrible anyway.
I went through the whole grief cycle - said something on imgur, about how I don't need the thread or something than immediately caved. Memories. :allears:

ThatPazuzu
Sep 8, 2011

I'm so depressed, I can't even blink.

Chieves posted:

I'm always really happy when someone new finds TGT. Your first read through is like opening your eyes for the first time.

simplefish
Mar 28, 2011

So long, and thanks for all the fish gallbladdΣrs!

Pazuzu, are you being sarcastic? I mean, I've seen you post in many other places and it doesn't seem your style, but the last guy you said that to got probated for pretty much what you complimented them on, which was "reliving the magic through you".

I was a bit sorry to see them probated, it was good seeing it through fresh eyes.

Greggy
Apr 14, 2007

Hands raw with high fives.

simplefish posted:

Pazuzu, are you being sarcastic? I mean, I've seen you post in many other places and it doesn't seem your style, but the last guy you said that to got probated for pretty much what you complimented them on, which was "reliving the magic through you".

I was a bit sorry to see them probated, it was good seeing it through fresh eyes.

The last guy got probated for his intensely annoying live tweet posting style, not for saying the things he was surprised about in TGT.

simplefish
Mar 28, 2011

Yeah I know it's not exactly the same. I don't want anyone to think I'm trying to be a mod here.

Just that I wondered if comments were going over my head.

scarycave
Oct 9, 2012

Dominic Beegan:
Exterminator For Hire
Too be honest, I thought he was going to troll the thread from how he was typing. Then I saw that he was legit, and it was like watching a baby take its first steps - into a world filled with double-head shots, and Looney Tunes performing necromancy.

El Belmondo
Apr 3, 2011

by XyloJW

scarycave posted:

Too be honest, I thought he was going to troll the thread from how he was typing.

Impossible, this thread is untrollable. We have reached troll-Nirvana. :fut:

ThatPazuzu
Sep 8, 2011

I'm so depressed, I can't even blink.

simplefish posted:

I have a style? Cool. :c00l:

Yeah, I feel bad about encouraging that guy to live post his reactions to the comic. If he's reading this, sorry, I got you probated, dude.

But, no, I'm not being sarcastic, I like when new people find this thread, partially because we only have a dozen people who really post here. And I also like seeing someone experience it for the first time because I've grown accustomed to Lazerbot's style so it rarely blows my mind any more.

PM me if you want to talk more so this thread can go back to being about a smug coyote fighting a satanist and his hellhog.

simplefish
Mar 28, 2011

Don't worry, I don't.

Personally, I'm hoping for another Panel 4 Smuggest Muthafucker Coyote

Aramek
Dec 22, 2007

Cutest tumor in all of Oncology!
It is considered in poor taste to listen to my own readings of this comic? :ohdear: Last night, while cleaning, I put it on after I realized I hadn't listened to the first chapter in forever, and I still think that one makes me laugh the most. Especially a couple of the fat trolls. Like the ones that Shadow and Evil Sonic ends up killing, there's that one in the hood that I, for some reason, kinda game a Cartman voice.

"i bet your girlfriend knows how to suck my big hairy balls like a Pro . i heard your girlfriend is a slutty bitch" just kills me when I hear it. Like, when recording I almost couldn't keep it together doing the line.

I forget where I'm going with this, but, my main point is that this comic is just magical. Something within it, for some reason, really hooks you. :allears: It's got heart, if you will.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Well, seeing the rest of Chapter 4 on narrated video would really improve some of the magic! :shobon:

Paramemetic
Sep 29, 2003

Area 51. You heard of it, right?

Fallen Rib
Last night I said Dominic Deegan is the worst possible comic to my wife. She offered TGT as an example of a comic "so bad it's good" which I refuted. You see, she's only seen the first 4 chapters in motion comic form, and there is definitely a point around Chapter 5 or 6 where this thing goes from "adorable and hilarious Sonic fan fiction" to "actually really good story with characters borrowed from other canons as artistic shorthand and used as an almost dada commentary on the nature of Western culture" or some other bullshit art stuff. I mean, it really does transition from "this is pretty entertaining and I can't wait for the meltdown" to "this is truly fantastic outsider art that should not be dismissed." And that's why I like seeing new people in this thread. Because you can see when people hit that point. It's right around when Fudd starts necromancing I believe, I think that chapter is where you realize "oh poo poo, he's not just regurgitating culture, he's regurgitating it so as to paint a picture. This isn't the vomit of a sick person, but the loving vomit of a nurturing mother bird."

Taciturn Tactician
Jan 27, 2011

The secret to good health is a balanced diet and unstable healing radiation
Lipstick Apathy
It's questionable to claim that it was always "outsider art" or whatever, though. Even setting aside any debate on the quality, I think it's hard to argue that the early pages were ~like that on purpose~ and ~all part of the plan~. It seems like it just got more serious at some point, maybe when people started paying attention. I'm not sure it was ever "boo hoo trolls are mean I'll make sonic beat them up" but I think it was if nothing else at least a more shallow parody of a specific thing at first.

Buzkashi
Feb 4, 2003
College Slice

Paramemetic posted:

This isn't the vomit of a sick person, but the loving vomit of a nurturing mother bird.

I'm in love with this analogy.

Paramemetic
Sep 29, 2003

Fallen Rib

I have no idea what happened here.

Paramemetic
Sep 29, 2003

Fallen Rib

Taciturn Tactician posted:

It's questionable to claim that it was always "outsider art" or whatever, though. Even setting aside any debate on the quality, I think it's hard to argue that the early pages were ~like that on purpose~ and ~all part of the plan~. It seems like it just got more serious at some point, maybe when people started paying attention. I'm not sure it was ever "boo hoo trolls are mean I'll make sonic beat them up" but I think it was if nothing else at least a more shallow parody of a specific thing at first.

I agree with you here, it's difficult to claim it was always this thing. But any discussion of what was intended, or what it was then are rendered moot because whatever it was then, it is this now. Maybe it was just casual parody until it became popular then it became more serious, but now it is in the "more serious" state and the entire body as a whole has become a much more "real" artistic expression than simply idle doodles.

So yeah, I wouldn't assert that it was always intended to be idle scribbles, just that it is not now idle scribbles and so shouldn't be discarded as such based on the first four chapters.

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

Paramemetic posted:

I have no idea what happened here.

Coyote clearly has a power that completely negates Demaro's threads. It means it's something that will penetrate his shield.

simplefish
Mar 28, 2011

this shall be
humorous

Good quotation if anyone's trying to match one for a Smug Coyote avatar

ClownSyndrome
Sep 2, 2011

Do you think love can bloom on bob-omb Battlefield?
MEEP!! BEEP!!

Jerry Mumphrey
Mar 11, 2004

by zen death robot

(and can't post for 4 years!)

:shepface: MEEP! BEEP!!

I guess the important part is that Coyote's yellow ball passed through the pink arrow unharmed. I am eagerly anticipating finding out what that means!

Jerry Mumphrey fucked around with this message at 21:36 on Jan 10, 2013

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Taciturn Tactician posted:

Outsider art doesn't need to be "on purpose", it just needs to exist outside of the mainstream art community, not follow conventions and be by an artist that isn't classically trained.

Vonkrieger
May 14, 2009
Nap Ghost
As I passed by the other "reached the end of the thread" posts I laughed at them. Not for me, I thought, there will always be more. On the positive side there's still a chance to grab an avatar.

I loved the fan songs, videos and art too. Thank you for this masterpiece Lazerbot!

simplefish
Mar 28, 2011

zoomdog posted:

:shepface: MEEP! BEEP!!

I guess the important part is that Coyote's yellow ball passed through the pink arrow unharmed. I am eagerly anticipating finding out what that means!

I misunderstood it at first. I thought the yellow ball was to block the pink arrow and that despite Coyote failing he remained smug.

Now I see that the yellow ball is going to zip through Demaro's shield. It's the other way around to my first impression. Coyote will probably dodge that pink arrow (and let's be honest the yellow ball will be close but miss too, and Demaro will say something like "hmmmm hes getting serious")

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink

simplefish posted:

I misunderstood it at first. I thought the yellow ball was to block the pink arrow and that despite Coyote failing he remained smug.

Now I see that the yellow ball is going to zip through Demaro's shield. It's the other way around to my first impression. Coyote will probably dodge that pink arrow (and let's be honest the yellow ball will be close but miss too, and Demaro will say something like "hmmmm hes getting serious")

Maybe, rather than dodging, he'll block it. If such an item existed, the Road Runner could get in and come back quicker than Demaro can blink.

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

KNEEL BEFORE THE WICKED KING!

simplefish posted:

Personally, I kinda hope it flies right through the shield and then Demaro tries to dodge... only to fail spectacularly and lose his other arm. :unsmigghh:

Tweek
Feb 1, 2005

I have more disposable income than you.

Dragonatrix posted:

Personally, I kinda hope it flies right through the shield and then Demaro tries to dodge... only to fail spectacularly and lose his other arm. :unsmigghh:

And then he totally forms his strings into new arms and does totally wicked awesome demon stuff with them!

Otterspace
Jul 13, 2006

This is not a good idea.
Man I want Demaro to die so bad. Maybe even more than the troll king.

scarycave
Oct 9, 2012

Dominic Beegan:
Exterminator For Hire

Dragonatrix posted:

It's just a flesh ->
wound. Come on you ->
pansy!

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink

Tweek posted:

And then he totally forms his strings into new arms and does totally wicked awesome demon stuff with them!

By the end of the comic Demaro is just a ball of twine with three eyes.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Guess who is also a fan of TGT:

SuperMechagodzilla posted:

Tails Gets Trolled is the only webcomic. I'm also partial to Lazerbot's web series Micah Rat.

scarycave
Oct 9, 2012

Dominic Beegan:
Exterminator For Hire
Maybe he'll become his own puppet? Using his own strings to keep himself together.
Though I'd be totally okay if Demaro ended up as Uroboros with yarn instead of tentacles.

Calico Heart
Mar 22, 2012

"wich the worst part was what troll face did to sonic's corpse after words wich was rape it. at that point i looked away"

damnit i can't shake this ball attack of his crap

simplefish
Mar 28, 2011

Reminds me of Coyote vanishing and leaving his outline in dust. Classic.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
I love Demaro's :stare: face on the penultimate panel, also Coyote's smugness is off the charts :allears:

horriblePencilist
Oct 18, 2012

It's a Dirt Devil!
Get it?
I love panel 8, it looks like they're posing for a family picture.
All that's missing is the caption
"Got that
Road
Runner"

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

Did I just say that out loud~~?!!!
I like how Coyote's just "waterskiing" on grass without any skis or anything, he's just being pulled along on his feet by the Road Runner.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Redeadagain
Jan 10, 2009

this shall be
humorous
That last Demaro panel has to be a callback to the ol' Looney Tunes situation where the antagonist has gone over a cliff without realizing it, and then looks down...! Awesome stuff. I may even need a Coyote avvie from this last page. Quality!