Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

scarycave
Oct 9, 2012

Dominic Beegan:
Exterminator For Hire
It's really weird seeing Coyote damage someone else's pride for once. I love it.
Demaro's starting to become a more "realistic" character, he's clearly not an invincible DBZ villain, he has some emotion.
He knows he's royally hosed, and he's showing it. He's also done more damage to the trolls then the troll-slayers have by
killing one of the higher-up trolls.

scarycave fucked around with this message at 18:24 on Jan 11, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DoctorStrangelove
Jun 7, 2012

IT WOULD NOT BE DIFFICULT MEIN FUHRER!

Coyote isn't even trying. He doesn't even care. And Demaro had no loving clue what was happening to him and he's only just realizing now how thoroughly outclassed he is.

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

KNEEL BEFORE THE WICKED KING!

Redeadagain posted:

I may even need a Coyote avvie from this last page. Quality!

So many great moments that it was hard to pick just one to make into a potential avatar.

...So I made three instead. :v: (I personally recommend either #2 or #3 though.)

E:

Now with bonus transparency!

Lotus Aura fucked around with this message at 18:58 on Jan 11, 2013

Redeadagain
Jan 10, 2009

this shall be
humorous

Dragonatrix posted:

So many great moments that it was hard to pick just one to make into a potential avatar.

...So I made three instead. :v: (I personally recommend either #2 or #3 though.)

E:

Now with bonus transparency!

Wow! Thanks so much!

Suben
Jul 1, 2007

In 1985 Dr. Strange makes a rap album.
I love the last panel.

:smug: Beep Beep!! :shepface:

Aristobulus
Mar 20, 2007

Slap omni-gel on
everything.

These avatars paid for Lowtax new boat.
Coyote clearly outclasses Demaro - especially as he should since Demaro is so weak from his fight against Garry, but I'm still worried about that demon bug thing. It could work as a Deus Ex Machina in Demaro's defense just like it did before, saving him from losing.

nerdbot
Mar 16, 2012

scarycave posted:

It's really weird seeing Coyote damage someone else's pride for once. I love it.

I love the way he's using the Road Runner's powers for himself...to do to another person what the Road Runner did to him. Everything about this scene and this entire situation is amazing and hilarious.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

DrSunshine posted:

I like how Coyote's just "waterskiing" on grass without any skis or anything, he's just being pulled along on his feet by the Road Runner.

He did that on the desert road all the time while trying to kill that bird, doing it on the grass is no problem for him.

TJO
Aug 14, 2006

I had a funny feeling in my gut.

Suben posted:

I love the last panel.

:smug: Beep Beep!! :shepface:

Coyote's face having the slightly bigger grin and hint of furrowed brow is genuinely expressive to me. I don't know if he's thinking "that's what you get," or "what now?" but he's definitely thinking something.

Jerry Mumphrey
Mar 11, 2004

by zen death robot

(and can't post for 4 years!)

Now roadrunner jumps in at lightning speed and pecks out Demaro's third eye? This is already my favourite fight.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Aristobulus posted:

Coyote clearly outclasses Demaro - especially as he should since Demaro is so weak from his fight against Garry, but I'm still worried about that demon bug thing. It could work as a Deus Ex Machina in Demaro's defense just like it did before, saving him from losing.

I think the ultimate outcome of this fight will be the demon showing up and Coyote managing to escape. Thus the narrative purpose of the fight is to demonstrate to the other characters what we readers already know - that there's another force in play, potentially more powerful than the Troll King.

Either that or Coyote dies tragically, but it's witnessed by Silver or someone.

Mary Annette
Jun 24, 2005

Legit thought this was a string-based ice-cream cone at first glance.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Regy Rusty posted:

I think the ultimate outcome of this fight will be the demon showing up and Coyote managing to escape. Thus the narrative purpose of the fight is to demonstrate to the other characters what we readers already know - that there's another force in play, potentially more powerful than the Troll King.

Either that or Coyote dies tragically, but it's witnessed by Silver or someone.

Man I totally forgot about the troll kindg. I kinda want this chapter to end with him overlooking all of this going "ok what the fuk"

nerdbot
Mar 16, 2012

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Man I totally forgot about the troll kindg. I kinda want this chapter to end with him overlooking all of this going "ok what the fuk"

I love that he's out loving around in a jungle with a bird while the large majority of trolls are slowly being massacred by Silver and Blaze and everything is going wrong.

TheAbominableSnow
Nov 20, 2012

a thousand puns and not one of them worth saying
Hey, thanks for all the positive feedback I got a few pages ago! I have an art blog here, for those who asked: http://snowontheradio.tumblr.com/

Did this today because I really don't want to call the state college and be put on hold for a few hours, so procrastination is my friend right now. Honestly, I don't think I did the original material justice; I kept waffling between keeping the panels/camera shots the same or completely altering them for a more dynamic view, and the overall composition suffered for it. Plus, it loses a lot of charm once it's no longer drawn in LB's captivating art style.

Not to mention that imgur keeps cocking up and adding those weird compression blurs. :(

Redeadagain
Jan 10, 2009

this shall be
humorous
:aaaaa: Holy poo poo!
Man, I'd love to see more of this stuff! A partnership between the LB clan(writers) and you(artist) would take this to the next level. Truly.

toanoradian
May 31, 2011

The happiest waffligator

The level of smug in this is a stuff of legends. Although panel 3 makes it seem like Coyote fires a beam from his half-closed eyes, like a lazy Cyclops.

El Belmondo
Apr 3, 2011

by XyloJW
Holy poo poo man, that is some incredible smug there. :smuggo:

Zenzirouj
Jun 10, 2004

What about you, thread?
You got any tricks?
That doofy toothy grin really adds a lot. It's great

ff7cid
Jun 27, 2008

Beartato! I just became aware of the vast speed at which we are hurtling through the universe! Now it's all I can think about!

The whole thing is great, but that last panel is simply magnificent.

Satanos
Feb 5, 2010

That final frame is literally the best thing to come out of all this so far.

I can feel the smug.

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

Amazing. I love your drawing style, AbominableSnow. lazerbot is going to be so proud of you when he sees this.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

God drat that smugness needs to be an avatar.

Raar_Im_A_Dinosaur
Mar 16, 2006

GOOD LUCK!!
Man, this is such a perfect symbiotic companion to this comic. It's like an awesome filter for Lazerbot's madness. You consume the original material, and then during the wait for a new panel, you press the awesome button to apply this awesome feature. It's like dlc for every level. I don't know what it would take for you to keep doing this, but if somehow you had the will, it would bring this thread to the next loving level. I would sing your praises as you painted your way across the Elysian Fields of wonder.

my dad
Oct 17, 2012

this shall be humorous
Holy crap, this is awesome! Please make more of that stuff.

TheAbominableSnow
Nov 20, 2012

a thousand puns and not one of them worth saying
Thanks for the kind words, everyone! I've been wanting to do one of these for a while, and if another fun page comes up, I'll probably do it again.

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

God drat that smugness needs to be an avatar.

Done. And two Demaro ones, because I was figuring out how to size avatars (the snarly one is my personal favorite).

my dad
Oct 17, 2012

this shall be humorous

Taking this!

edit: How do you add gangtags?

my dad fucked around with this message at 01:42 on Jan 12, 2013

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

KNEEL BEFORE THE WICKED KING!

my dad posted:

edit: How do you add gangtags?

In the "custom text" box just write:

code:
[img]http://fi.somethingawful.com/safs/titles/a9/71/00145955.0001.gif[/img]
And it'll give you:

scarycave
Oct 9, 2012

Dominic Beegan:
Exterminator For Hire
I think this thread is over due for another fan-art video.

my dad
Oct 17, 2012

this shall be humorous

Dragonatrix posted:

In the "custom text" box just write:

code:
[timg]http://fi.somethingawful.com/safs/titles/a9/71/00145955.0001.gif[/timg]
And it'll give you:

Thanks. :)

Crowetron
Apr 29, 2009

TheAbominableSnow posted:

Hey, thanks for all the positive feedback I got a few pages ago! I have an art blog here, for those who asked: http://snowontheradio.tumblr.com/

Did this today because I really don't want to call the state college and be put on hold for a few hours, so procrastination is my friend right now. Honestly, I don't think I did the original material justice; I kept waffling between keeping the panels/camera shots the same or completely altering them for a more dynamic view, and the overall composition suffered for it. Plus, it loses a lot of charm once it's no longer drawn in LB's captivating art style.

Not to mention that imgur keeps cocking up and adding those weird compression blurs. :(

I love you in a totally non-platonic manner for this, Dat Coyote :allears:

Breadallelogram
Oct 9, 2012

The last panel is fantastic, but nobody has yet mentioned giant-pupils Roadrunner. He looks perfect next to :smug: Coyote. Great job TheAbominableSnow!

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

Satanos posted:

That final frame is literally the best thing to come out of all this so far.

I can feel the smug.

This is what is known as a smug who has ascended beyond a smug.

Nostradingus
Jul 13, 2009

TwoPair posted:

This is what is known as a smug who has ascended beyond a smug.

You can call it Smug 2.

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

My face hurts from smiling so hard.

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

I know it's Roadrunner saying the "beep beep", but I am imagining Coyote being such an rear end in a top hat that he'd say it to be even more of a smug rear end in a top hat.

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink
Beep beep, motherfucker.

Zonekeeper
Oct 27, 2007

nerdbot posted:

I love the way he's using the Road Runner's powers for himself...to do to another person what the Road Runner did to him. Everything about this scene and this entire situation is amazing and hilarious.

This is the best part of the whole thing. It's why he can embody neutrality - after experiencing that kind of true bliss nothing can ever bother you again. He gives no fucks because he has everything he's ever wanted in the world.

d00gZ
Oct 12, 2002

Original Sin Murderer
Wild Guess #627
Edward Snowden

"My sole motive is to inform the public as to that which is done in their name and that which is done against them."
Oh drat that is some sequential art poo poo. I really hope you do some noise outside of this thread because I would greatly enjoy devouring its artistic contents.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

I would love to see a video made with AbominableSnows art.