Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

I know what you did last summer, and frankly I am displeased.

Dissapointed Owl posted:

Can't believe someone spent 10 bucks on getting me a red text.

Especially because it's a reference to something you never actually said.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wa27
Jan 15, 2007

CPL593H posted:

And because it's not even a dumb opinion.

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

wa27 posted:

This too.

WASDF
Jul 29, 2011

CPL593H posted:

Sell them on Something Awful. Also, give me first pick because it was my idea.

Ooh, please do this! I got Ladies and Gentlemen We Are Floating Through Space for $2 once because of this!

Kevar
Jan 1, 2005
gimmar

Dissapointed Owl posted:

Whoa, that's hardcore.

That dude was telling people to gently caress off right on his product's page. That's unprofessional and ridiculous. Especially since he's licensed a Disney owned property. Can't see them being ok with it if it was brought to their attention. He did take that bit down though. How hard would it have been to say something like "These are just mockups, there could be variation in the final product"?

10,000 copies is a bit excessive for a first run though. Sure Star Wars is super popular, but I can still see this guy ending up with a basement full of unwanted vinyl. The original press of the soundtrack on vinyl isn't even that rare or sought after.

Dissapointed Owl
Jan 30, 2008

You wrote me a letter,
and this is how it went:

CPL593H posted:

Let's not think about it too much. Much like whoever bought it for me didn't.

Kevar posted:

Whoa, that's hardcore.

That dude was telling people to gently caress off right on his product's page. That's unprofessional and ridiculous. Especially since he's licensed a Disney owned property. Can't see them being ok with it if it was brought to their attention. He did take that bit down though. How hard would it have been to say something like "These are just mockups, there could be variation in the final product"?

10,000 copies is a bit excessive for a first run though. Sure Star Wars is super popular, but I can still see this guy ending up with a basement full of unwanted vinyl. The original press of the soundtrack on vinyl isn't even that rare or sought after.

10,000 limited copies plus black vinyl release "Kept in stock" indefinitely.

That's a lot of loving copies.

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

This kid complained about the lack of swirl and look what happened:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t9VqlvPT640

het
Nov 14, 2002

A dark black past
is my most valued
possession

wa27 posted:

Labels being annoyed with people complaining about colored vinyl's appearance is pretty understandable even if "gently caress you" is pretty rude, and someone interpreting that as "if you complain at all, gently caress you" is absolutely a very dumb opinion.

het fucked around with this message at 09:10 on Jan 12, 2013

Dissapointed Owl
Jan 30, 2008

You wrote me a letter,
and this is how it went:

CPL593H posted:

This kid complained about the lack of swirl and look what happened:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t9VqlvPT640

Well, she should've asked the guy she bought it from instead of laying the issue at the feet of a stranger with a gun.

Youtube Commenter #1 posted:

This would never happen in a movie today.

Youtube Commenter #2 posted:

The movie industry has become politically correct.

The opening scene to Jack Reacher :colbert:

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

Dissapointed Owl posted:

Well, she should've asked the guy she bought it from instead of laying the issue at the feet of a stranger with a gun.

The opening scene to Jack Reacher :colbert:

Yeah, and also Carpenter had to show the ratings board a fake version of the film to avoid getting an X rating.

WASDF
Jul 29, 2011

Oh, man; that loving symbol when she's shot. Carpenter was so loving good or I am hallucinating

Dissapointed Owl
Jan 30, 2008

You wrote me a letter,
and this is how it went:
nvm

alg
Mar 14, 2007

A wolf was no less a wolf because a whim of chance caused him to run with the watch-dogs.

I hate when I miss a red title :(

I sent that release to a couple of Star Wars blogs, they actually said "that isn't in our focus."

I can't imagine him selling even the limited copies unless it gets a TON of exposure.

trilobite terror
Oct 20, 2007
BUT MY LIVELIHOOD DEPENDS ON THE FORUMS!

Dissapointed Owl posted:

That's loving bizarre.

William Lee
May 16, 2003

I guess it's about time for our William Tell routine.
Check out my my SA Mart thread. Lots of vinyl for sale!

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3527933

Dissapointed Owl
Jan 30, 2008

You wrote me a letter,
and this is how it went:

Electric Bugaloo posted:

That's loving bizarre.

Time for a new avatar I guess.

alg posted:

I sent that release to a couple of Star Wars blogs, they actually said "that isn't in our focus."

Speaking of bizarre: How is a new quote/unquote 'limited edition' soundtrack release of a Star Wars movie 'not in their focus'? :psyduck:

Dr. Lariat
Jul 1, 2004

by Lowtax
No poo poo, "our Star Wars website isn't THAT into Star Wars. Nerd." (Pushes glasses up high on nose, folds arms)

trilobite terror
Oct 20, 2007
BUT MY LIVELIHOOD DEPENDS ON THE FORUMS!

Dissapointed Owl posted:

Speaking of bizarre: How is a new quote/unquote 'limited edition' soundtrack release of a Star Wars movie 'not in their focus'? :psyduck:

Probably because vinyl is a "hipster thing" and if GBS/reddit/cracked are any barometer, then the only thing self-professed nerds love more than their hobbies these days is actively shunning whatever they think hipsters are into.

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

And if there's one thing Star Wars fans all love universally, it's the prequels!

WASDF
Jul 29, 2011

I'd be excited about some original trilogy reissues on transparent blue red and green

Kevar
Jan 1, 2005
gimmar

WASDF posted:

I'd be excited about some original trilogy reissues on transparent blue red and green

The original trilogy is like at least 10x more popular, so whoever does this should press no less than 100,000 each IMMEDIATELY

10,000 on SPECIAL LIMITED RARE OOP R2D2 White with silver and blue splatter

WASDF
Jul 29, 2011

they can sell black copies and call them carbonite.

alg
Mar 14, 2007

A wolf was no less a wolf because a whim of chance caused him to run with the watch-dogs.

I would really like re-releases of the original trilogy soundtracks on vinyl, but the right tracks. The old ones don't have nearly the entire soundtracks on them.

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

This is the only Star Wars soundtrack reissue we need:

Call me when they're going to release that.

cheese eats mouse
Jul 6, 2007

A real Portlander now

CPL593H posted:

I'd be in for that. Galactic Funk!

vedicardi
Oct 17, 2012

CPL593H posted:

I don't own a single digital listening device and the vast majority of my music is on vinyl, so for someone like me it doesn't matter at all. Plus this allows me to maintain an air of smug superiority when ever I see someone using an iPod.

wow sucks to be you I guess

eggsovereasy
May 6, 2011

vedicardi posted:

wow sucks to be you I guess

It was obviously sarcastic and his very next post even said it was.

reichsten
Jan 13, 2010

CPL593H posted:

You can find that in dollar bins all over the country, not sure we're in need of a reissue

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

reichsten posted:

You can find that in dollar bins all over the country, not sure we're in need of a reissue

Yes we loving do. I will settle for nothing less than a 200 gram all analog pressing cut at 45 rpm by needle made from the world's rarest diamond.

Surfingelectrode
Jan 17, 2006

Yeah, I know it's a drag...
but wastin' pigs is still radical.
How about the soundtrack to the Star Wars Holiday Special instead? I need those Jefferson Starship and Bea Arthur songs on wax.

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

Surfingelectrode posted:

How about the soundtrack to the Star Wars Holiday Special instead? I need those Jefferson Starship and Bea Arthur songs on wax.

Don't forget coked up Carrie Fisher's godawful rendition of what ever the hell she sings at the end.

Dissapointed Owl
Jan 30, 2008

You wrote me a letter,
and this is how it went:

Surfingelectrode posted:

That'd be amazing. Make it happen.

Mace Bacon
Apr 16, 2008

YOU'RE SLEEPING HERE? IS THIS WHERE YOU'RE SLEEPING? HUH?!

Surfingelectrode posted:

Well I can help with half of that request :v:
http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_sacat=0&_from=R40&_nkw=jefferson+starship+light+the+sky+on+fire&LH_PrefLoc=2

Cemetry Gator
Apr 3, 2007

Do you find something comical about my appearance when I'm driving my automobile?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Jefferson-S...=item3f146db24e

Seriously? Seriously? What the gently caress is wrong with you. "Oh, here, get a sleeve without a record for 4 bucks!" Who would be stupid enough to buy this.

Ron Burgundy
Dec 24, 2005
This burrito is delicious, but it is filling.
Maybe a completest SW collector who found one in a generic sleeve?

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

If you can find it, the first movies soundtrack is loving gorgeous on vinyl.

Ron Burgundy
Dec 24, 2005
This burrito is delicious, but it is filling.
Every now and again I like to throw on that old Story of Star Wars record that everyone in the world seems to own.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Ron Burgundy posted:

Every now and again I like to throw on that old Story of Star Wars record that everyone in the world seems to own.

Goddamn I had the Return of the Jedi one as a kid, wonder what the hell happened to that.

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

Supposedly there is a single release of the Yub Nub song. I would buy the poo poo out of that if I ever came across it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Surfingelectrode
Jan 17, 2006

Yeah, I know it's a drag...
but wastin' pigs is still radical.

CPL593H posted:

Supposedly there is a single release of the Yub Nub song. I would buy the poo poo out of that if I ever came across it.

Dunno about Yub Nub, but Lapti Nek was released as a single.