Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

redreader
Nov 2, 2009

I am the coolest person ever with my pirate chalice. Seriously.

Dinosaur Gum
I just caught up on a couple of days worth, but the fanart-version of the most recent strip made me laugh uncontrollably, while crying, for about 2-3 minutes. Thank you Lazerbot and abominablesnow!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JazzFlight
Apr 29, 2006

Oooooooooooh!

redreader posted:

I just caught up on a couple of days worth, but the fanart-version of the most recent strip made me laugh uncontrollably, while crying, for about 2-3 minutes. Thank you Lazerbot and abominablesnow!
Yeah, abominablesnow, that was really amazing work. If the whole comic looked like that, it could seriously be a major underground comic hit.

To further show the difference in the cringe-factor of lazerbot's work versus that of regular Sonic fans, take a look at this "so bad it's still bad" live-action Sonic short film that was just unleashed on the internet (and these guys even got C-list 'net celebrities and freakin' Jaleel White to do the Sonic voice):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JtCtQpclpY8

Greggy
Apr 14, 2007

Hands raw with high fives.

Redeadagain posted:

:aaaaa: Holy poo poo!
Man, I'd love to see more of this stuff! A partnership between the LB clan(writers) and you(artist) would take this to the next level. Truly.

Honestly I really hope something like this doesn't happen. LB comes up with some astoundingly creative art, even if it isn't technically the best around, and I'd hate to lose that part of the comic.
TheAbominableSnow's art is definitely very good, but I don't want to lose lazerbot's original vision.

Vogon Poet
Jun 18, 2004

Someone bought me this custom title because they think I kick ass at Photoshop. They happen to be right.

JazzFlight posted:

Yeah, abominablesnow, that was really amazing work. If the whole comic looked like that, it could seriously be a major underground comic hit.

I don't want to sound like I'm being negative about abominablesnow's stuff, because it's really good, but it's really good specifically as an interpretation of/companion to the original comic. If the whole comic looked like that, it would lose most of its charm.

Mr. Bonky
Jan 28, 2001

JazzFlight posted:

To further show the difference in the cringe-factor of lazerbot's work versus that of regular Sonic fans, take a look at this "so bad it's still bad" live-action Sonic short film that was just unleashed on the internet (and these guys even got C-list 'net celebrities and freakin' Jaleel White to do the Sonic voice):

To be fair, it's just as bad as all the 3D versions of Sonic.

nerdbot
Mar 16, 2012

Zonekeeper posted:

This is the best part of the whole thing. It's why he can embody neutrality - after experiencing that kind of true bliss nothing can ever bother you again. He gives no fucks because he has everything he's ever wanted in the world.

I think that's why it's so fun to read this fight scene. Everything about the context of this is completely absurd, but when you get down to it it just makes so much sense. Every new page leaves me wanting to see what happens next.

ClownSyndrome
Sep 2, 2011

Do you think love can bloom on bob-omb Battlefield?
Karl Urban in a blond wig to play Rob in the live action Tails gets Trolled movie

Undead Unicorn
Sep 14, 2010

by Lowtax

Vogon Poet posted:

I don't want to sound like I'm being negative about abominablesnow's stuff, because it's really good, but it's really good specifically as an interpretation of/companion to the original comic. If the whole comic looked like that, it would lose most of its charm.

Hence why it's great only after the fact or as a special re-release. gently caress it'd be best as a special hits thing or whatever.

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

JazzFlight posted:

A live action, "serious" movie is the worst possible approach to making a Sonic movie. (Of course, making a Sonic movie is in itself a terrible idea.) Cringe is too weak a word to describe the result.

Biggest disappointment was the ending credits, which seemed to say "(FANS UNITED FOR SATAN)" but when looking back and pausing I saw it actually was SATAM.

Also that guy in the beginning was apparently a GUN solider. Good for him. You don't want to be a GUN less solid.

scarycave
Oct 9, 2012

Dominic Beegan:
Exterminator For Hire

...Gamma :smith:
This movie reminds of the Alvin,Smurfs,and Yogi bear live action movies. That's not a good thing.
Still they have some talent that should be focused elsewhere.

@ TheAbominableSnow
This might sound kind of weird, but have you ever heard of a comic called Accidental Space-Spy? There's this scene that just came up that could use an epic artistic rendition if your up for something. I'd do it myself but I'm terrible. :smith:

TheAbominableSnow
Nov 20, 2012

a thousand puns and not one of them worth saying

Vogon Poet posted:

I fully agree! It's fun to interpret the comic in my own style and see what it looks like as a slightly more conventional comic, and I'd like to do it again in the future, but LB's style is in a league of its own. The story wouldn't be the same without the accompanying art. :)

ClownSyndrome
Sep 2, 2011

LazerBot posted:

before this showed up i was dying to see some coyote fanart and i got more then i asked for. its was so under and i must say how awesome i think this is TheAbominableSnow your style is just wonderful and I'm just dying to see more fanart from you more like this. this might be my favorite so far. continue the amazing work

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer
Coyote loves it when a plan comes together.

its curtains for Kevin
Nov 14, 2011

Fruit is proof that the gods exist and love us.

Just kidding!

Life is meaningless
The little "balls" next to demaro as the green energy atom thing chases him is slaying me. Please draw more.

my dad
Oct 17, 2012

this shall be humorous
TGT and Thorsby's comics are melting my brain. How can something so crude be so awesome?

KenjiKaizoku
Oct 21, 2008

JazzFlight posted:

Oh, hey, it's by Eddie Lebron, who previously made the live-action Mega Man fan film! The one I really, really wanted to like, but turned out to be beyond cheesy. Oh well, at least this Sonic attempt is only 18 minutes; I actually sat through the entire 90 minutes of the MM fan film, so the length of this new one isn't so bad at all in comparison.

Anyway, on more relevant subjects -- this latest page is among the greatest we've experienced thus far, and TheAbominableSnow's fan art interpretation is freakin' incredible. Keep up the good work, 'Bot and Snow! :smug:

Edit: As goofy and awkward as that was, it's still better than Sonic 2006. Though, that is damning with the absolute faintest of praise.

KenjiKaizoku fucked around with this message at 10:19 on Jan 13, 2013

my dad
Oct 17, 2012

this shall be humorous
So, this was posted in the SW:TOR LP thread

Zaodai posted:

In the Jedi mindset, the counterbalance to extreme emotion isn't calmness and stoicness, it is smugness. So when being smug inexplicably (in their eyes) fails, they lose their poo poo.

Is Coyote a Jedi? :ohdear: Could an unsmugging prove to be his downfall?

Yes, I know, Lazerbot doesn't like Star Wars, but this is a perfect description of Coyote's mental state.

scarycave
Oct 9, 2012

Dominic Beegan:
Exterminator For Hire

my dad posted:

So, this was posted in the SW:TOR LP thread

Is Coyote a Jedi? :ohdear: Could an unsmugging prove to be his downfall?

Yes, I know, Lazerbot doesn't like Star Wars, but this is a perfect description of Coyote's mental state.

Isn't his smugness the cause of his downfalls in the cartoons??? :ohdear:

Paramemetic
Sep 29, 2003

Area 51. You heard of it, right?

Fallen Rib

Ahahahaha lampshading video game logic. I love this comic.

What is forest chambers?

skipThings
May 21, 2007

Tell me more about this
"Wireless fun-adaptor" you were speaking of.

Paramemetic posted:

Ahahahaha lampshading video game logic. I love this comic.

What is forest chambers?

An American trivia TV show ? The logo sure looks like from one.

Conro101
Jan 6, 2012

Dr. Conro James Norock, Robot Sarcasm Master
The way he switches from a wordy explanation of his abilities to "oh no snakes" in two panels is amazing.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

ForEST
ChanBerS

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

KNEEL BEFORE THE WICKED KING!
Am I just imagining it, or is that snake in the last panel really spitting lightning?

Bluemillion
Aug 18, 2008

I got your dispensers
right here

Dragonatrix posted:

Am I just imagining it, or is that snake in the last panel really spitting lightning?

I'm pretty sure that's supposed to be venom.

Mary Annette
Jun 24, 2005

ClownSyndrome posted:

Watch out for snakes

No hints from the audience, please. :mad:

Fakeedit: Shouldn't it be 'them snakes'?

ClownSyndrome
Sep 2, 2011

Not sure what 'them snakes' is but I was thinking of this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jGIGYP0rX9A

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

Bluemillion posted:

I'm pretty sure that's supposed to be venom.

Nope, they're Coyote's servants, I'm pretty sure they shoot lightning from last time they showed up.

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

Did I just say that out loud~~?!!!
It's hiss. Snakes produce it from a special organ in their throat.

Redeadagain
Jan 10, 2009

this shall be
humorous
It's a cool way to show focus on the action of the snake, rather than the drawing of the snake itself.

Mary Annette
Jun 24, 2005

ClownSyndrome posted:

Not sure what 'them snakes' is but I was thinking of this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jGIGYP0rX9A

I get the joke, just worried that LB's grammar is getting better.

Calico Heart
Mar 22, 2012

"wich the worst part was what troll face did to sonic's corpse after words wich was rape it. at that point i looked away"

Mary Annette posted:

I get the joke, just worried that LB's grammar is getting better.

How does the "no" panel not have more acclaim?

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

NEVER FUCKING TAKE A NIGHT OFF CLAN WARS.

Calico Heart posted:

How does the "no" panel not have more acclaim?

Because the next one is 'Shadow killed them', which is hilarious.

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy
Sometimes I think there should be a website where every time you refresh the page you get a new random assortment of TGT panels arranged like a page.

Hudlinkin
Dec 31, 2007
Snakes leaping out of the grass are my new favorite part of this comic.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

Light Gun Man posted:

Sometimes I think there should be a website where every time you refresh the page you get a new random assortment of TGT panels arranged like a page.

Only if the panels with completely different characters is preceded by the "MEANWHILE" panel.

Breadallelogram
Oct 9, 2012

Rirse posted:

Only if the panels with completely different characters is preceded by the "MEANWHILE" panel.

An entire page of "MEANWHILE" panels would be great also.

Cyrai
Sep 12, 2004

JazzFlight posted:

Wow. A lot of that is surprisingly high quality. Not good, mind you. Really pretty terrible, actually. But for a fan thing, it looks pretty decent in its awfulness

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Cyrai posted:

Wow. A lot of that is surprisingly high quality. Not good, mind you. Really pretty terrible, actually. But for a fan thing, it looks pretty decent in its awfulness

The production values are pretty high for a fan film, yes, but the entertainment value is nil.

TheAbominableSnow
Nov 20, 2012

a thousand puns and not one of them worth saying
Still can't get rid of the weird jpeg-ish compression imgur keeps sticking these with. Alas!

This was quick and dirty, so things aren't as neat as they were last time. I also went with more direct imitation of LB's original page, with fewer deviations from the layout and composition. A fine and worthy way to spend a weekend evening.

EDIT: Image now 100% less lovely and terrible thanks to the wise counsel of Spellman.

TheAbominableSnow fucked around with this message at 02:20 on Jan 14, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spellman
May 31, 2011

TheAbominableSnow posted:

Still can't get rid of the weird jpeg-ish compression imgur keeps sticking these with. Alas!
If you don't have a paid imgur account, there's only so big you can make the image before it auto-compresses it, dimension-wise and memory-wise.