Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tiramisu
Dec 25, 2006

Hey, where did you go!? Do you really dislike seeing my face that much!?
The way I understood it was Baam is naturally a shinsoo prodigy. But the lobster god was placed in him by fug after part 1 so it didnt have anything to do with the bull.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
Yeah, the impression I got was that the water he and Rachel were in when they fought the Bull was extra thick with shinsoo or something because that was also where FUG was hiding the lobster, so just being in it made him more powerful.

TheDemon
Dec 11, 2006

...on the plus side I'm feeling much more angry now than I expected so this totally helps me get in character.

Sindai posted:

Yeah, the impression I got was that the water he and Rachel were in when they fought the Bull was extra thick with shinsoo or something because that was also where FUG was hiding the lobster, so just being in it made him more powerful.

This is basically what the chapter said. "The only thing I know is that FUG hid it very carefully in the experiment floor and they made a giant 'Water Tank' to take care of it. And the water inside the tank was very peculiar, like how a legendary fish in that tank might grow to be gigantic in size, or your ability to hand shinsoo would be amplifed" And Viole says that while the background to his words is the arena and water area of the final test. And then recall who was taking care of that level at the time. A FUG member, who was known as "Submerged Fish".

Hodgepodge
Jan 29, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 242 days!
The area on the first floor with the White Steel Eel was similar. The translation might just be awkwardly saying that the tank was another area of unusual Shinsoo density.

I guess the lobster thing is an example of what makes Slayers living gods in the eyes of FUG members. I wonder if they are related to the floor guardians? Headon could probably provide that sort of thing, and he seems to be allied with FUG at the very least. (On the other hand, I wouldn't rule out Headon being at the centre of any number of plot twists.)

Sarcophallus
Jun 12, 2011

by Lowtax
New chapter is out.

A shittier scan was out earlier, but it should be skipped.

Hodgepodge
Jan 29, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 242 days!
This scan had some problems as well. But it was tolerable.

Suddenly some pretty big comedy-of-errors type plotting with Koon's team meeting a teammate of Baam's without Baam present. And of course neither even know him by the same name.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

Hodgepodge posted:

This scan had some problems as well. But it was tolerable.

Suddenly some pretty big comedy-of-errors type plotting with Koon's team meeting a teammate of Baam's without Baam present. And of course neither even know him by the same name.

Even if they tried describing Baam to the other party it doesn't seem like they would recognize him. The only defining trait from pre-timeskip that still applies to Baam is that he is an irregular, and that isn't something you go telling to complete strangers.

Hodgepodge
Jan 29, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 242 days!
If they figure it out without him being physically present, it will be by describing his personality and the effect it has on people around him. There are only so many shonen protagonists with the Power of Friendship out there.

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

I'd say it depends on how much SIU wants to draw things out. I could easily see Viole going after Horyang, it's not like there's anything stopping him.

Two Tone Shoes
Jan 2, 2009

All that's missing is the ring.
So I just finished catching up on this over the past month and I really like the story and universe set up, it might be my favorite ongoing story. How frequent are updates?

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

Two Tone Shoes posted:

So I just finished catching up on this over the past month and I really like the story and universe set up, it might be my favorite ongoing story. How frequent are updates?

Weekly, with the occasional hiatus between arcs (not very long, like two or three weeks most of the time.)

Sarcophallus
Jun 12, 2011

by Lowtax
New chapter is out.

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

YESSS this is gonna be great.

bofa salesman
Nov 6, 2009

It's been awhile since we actually got to see a little bit of a fight that wasn't completely one-sided. Hopefully it won't take Viole like 5 chapters to actually show up there.

Sarcophallus
Jun 12, 2011

by Lowtax
In other ToG news, this is why people should follow the author's blog posts.

quote:

Urek Mazino, the head of the Wingtree has been discovered in an album cover of an idol group, so it became topic of conversation among Wingtree members.

Safe and Secure!
Jun 14, 2008

OFFICIAL SA THREAD RUINER
SPRING 2013
V2,ch46 spoilers: Hoping Baam meets Koon.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

That seems completely in character for him.

Hirethor
Dec 16, 2008

You think you know hip?
YOU DON'T KNOW SHIT ABOUT BEING HIP!
New chapter is out.

No author's comments on this site though.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Is that engrish from the author or a horrible translator?

Sarcophallus
Jun 12, 2011

by Lowtax

RatHat posted:

Is that engrish from the author or a horrible translator?

It's from the author.

Mangapirates scan is also out.

I love that they're all wearing matching coats for Horyang.

It also seems like Cassano wants to kill Horyang - probably to absorb his half of their weird power thing.

Meme Emulator
Oct 4, 2000

I know im being greedy but I seriously hope Koon meets up with Baam soon. Can it be in a chapter or two? SIU is good about not dragging this sort of stuff out but Ill be seriously annoyed if a bunch of Threes Company Coincidences keeps them from meeting for another 12 chapters.

zerosix
Jun 22, 2012

Meme Emulator posted:

I know im being greedy but I seriously hope Koon meets up with Baam soon. Can it be in a chapter or two? SIU is good about not dragging this sort of stuff out but Ill be seriously annoyed if a bunch of Threes Company Coincidences keeps them from meeting for another 12 chapters.

I'm placing my chips on Koon only knowing Baam in his slayer persona for now.

Hirethor
Dec 16, 2008

You think you know hip?
New chapter.

Two Tone Shoes
Jan 2, 2009

All that's missing is the ring.
Arrrgh, every chapter we get closer and closer to Baam and Koon meeting up. This was okay, but it was another setup chapter after the previous chapter was nothing but setup itself.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Why does it seem like every Lightbearer is an rear end in a top hat?

Sarcophallus
Jun 12, 2011

by Lowtax

RatHat posted:

Why does it seem like every Lightbearer is an rear end in a top hat?

Well, if the 2nd floor was any indication, they have some way of determining one's aptitude for a role. Given that Koon and Rachel were best seeds for Lightbearers, I assume that part of the criteria to become one is being a huge rear end in a top hat.

edit: If you read the manga on Mangapanda, go read the other version - Panda's was missing pages.

Sarcophallus fucked around with this message at 06:14 on Jan 14, 2013

hey girl you up
May 21, 2001

Forum Nice Guy
Jesus christ people, lightning.

I was struck by a bolt of lightning. After that, I wore rubber armor around. At first, it was too heavy to walk in, but after some lightening, it worked like a charm.

(I don't know why this bothers me so much.)

Hodgepodge
Jan 29, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 242 days!
Rabbit-ears-girl looks a lot like Rachel. Slightly darker hair, but the right eye color. Maybe she overheard Koon after all?

Lenaway
Feb 8, 2006

Touch Fuzzy
Get Dizzy
I'm glad we got to see Koon get his hands dirty again. It's easy to forget why he's the leader with all of these crazy powerhouses running around.

bofa salesman
Nov 6, 2009

New chapter

This is it. The moment has finally arrived. Viole is gonna snap and ruin somebody's day next chapter. I can feel it.

Mango Polo
Aug 4, 2007
Everyone in that room is going to die.

Well, probably not that bad, but next week will be awesome :circlefap:

BrilliantFool
Jan 23, 2007

Bravo.
oh fuuuuuuuuuuck

I hope Horyang doesn't actually die from that :(

Kellanved
Sep 7, 2009
I hate these cliffhangers, they should meet already. :( Viole will go apeshit next week.

Hirethor
Dec 16, 2008

You think you know hip?
Called it (to myself) that Cassano wants to take the other half of the 'Devil' for himself.

Safe and Secure!
Jun 14, 2008

SPRING 2013
I can't remember: Is this the first time Baam has seen a friend die?

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

Safe and Secure! posted:

I can't remember: Is this the first time Baam has seen a friend die?

There was the guy from way back when, the one who held Rachel hostage and ended up stabbing himself. I think that's when she was crippled too? My memory is bad.

Safe and Secure!
Jun 14, 2008

SPRING 2013
Was he really a friend of Baam's at that point, though?

Recursive Expanse
May 4, 2011
The list of friends means something, damnit.

zerosix
Jun 22, 2012
:f5: the prospect of Baam doing something drastic has me in the edge of my seat :f5:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sarcophallus
Jun 12, 2011

by Lowtax

zerosix posted:

:f5: the prospect of Baam doing something drastic has me in the edge of my seat :f5:

You have no idea.

If you are a masochist you'll find Nomanga's scan here. Site is painfully slow at the moment.