Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away
With the rays of morning light

Ron Burgundy posted:

Maybe a completest SW collector who found one in a generic sleeve?

The single was included in JS' Gold in a plain paper sleeve.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

I know what you did last summer, and frankly I am displeased.

Surfingelectrode posted:

Dunno about Yub Nub, but Lapti Nek was released as a single.

I'd buy that for a dollar.

Schremp Howard
Jul 18, 2010

What attitude problem?
I found a brand new Technics SL-BD20D at one of my local pawn shops for $60 today. No idea why they priced it so low, but I'm certainly not going to complain.

nomapple
Apr 27, 2012

Oldstench posted:

Latest grabs:

Vassafor - Obsidian Codex 2xLP
Pseudogod - Deathwomb Catechesis

Portal - Outre
Adversarial / Antediluvian - Initiated In Impiety As Mysteries
Gouge - Doomed to Death EP

Wowsers, I didn't even realise the Pseudogod album got a colour pressing. That artwork is *so* good. Kramer is a talented bastard, even if he is an arsehole. How's the Vassafor LP? I've got my eye on that.

Oldstench
Jun 29, 2007

Let's talk about where you're going.

nomapple posted:

Wowsers, I didn't even realise the Pseudogod album got a colour pressing. That artwork is *so* good. Kramer is a talented bastard, even if he is an arsehole. How's the Vassafor LP? I've got my eye on that.

Yup. Hells Headbangers only has the color pressing now. Black is sold out. Buy the Vassafor album immediately. It's one of the best albums of last year. I love Aussie metal so loving much.

Eight Is Legend
Jan 2, 2008
If someone wants to relieve their high school years, "Does This Look Infected" by Sum 41 is getting its first vinyl pressing on 180g and with two bonus songs - pre-orders go up tomorrow: http://www.shopradiocast.com/products/Sum-41-%252d-Does-This-Look-Infected-LP.html

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Schremp Howard posted:

I found a brand new Technics SL-BD20D at one of my local pawn shops for $60 today. No idea why they priced it so low, but I'm certainly not going to complain.

Correct me if I'm wrong but isn't it one of the rather lovely belt-drive models they did? (I've seen them go for 20-30 €).

alg
Mar 14, 2007

A wolf was no less a wolf because a whim of chance caused him to run with the watch-dogs.

Yeah I guess 60 bucks is cheap for a New In Box turntable, but that isn't a really great turntable.

dutch wife abc
Apr 25, 2012
Haven't showed off much of my poo poo and recent purchases in a while, so here you go (ignore my disgusting bedsheet):

I picked up the reissue of Brainbombs - Obey, which I am unbelievably happy to own right now. Bremen (below) is a Brainbombs side project consisting of two members, and it came out on thursday. I haven't heard it yet but I'm really looking forward to it, because anything Brainbombs related can't fail. Next to it is a discography comp of a swedish HC band called Missbrukarna, and it's one of the best things I heard last year. I got these from an excellent swedish label called Skrammel Records which I highly recommend that you pay attention to. They've reissued two other Brainbombs albums and a lot of out of print hardcore and d-beat.

This actually came a long time ago, but I'm proud of it:

White 180g and signed insert. Excellent album too.

This album gets a lot of beef, but I think it's my second favourite Unwound album after Leaves Turn.

alg
Mar 14, 2007

A wolf was no less a wolf because a whim of chance caused him to run with the watch-dogs.

God drat, the Circle Takes the Square pre-order is $30, and the Yeah Yeah Yeah's pre-order is $40. :negative:

Guess I'll go without.

ChiTownEddie
Mar 26, 2010

Awesome beer, no pants.
Join the Legion.

alg posted:

God drat, the Circle Takes the Square pre-order is $30

Guess I'll go without.

Ugh. I was waiting for this pre-order. Brutal.

Cpt. Spring Types
Feb 19, 2004

Wait, what?

alg posted:

and the Yeah Yeah Yeah's pre-order is $40.

Guess I'll go without.
I haven't enjoyed anything they've released since the Fever To Tell days, so it's really hard for me to get excited about them anymore. The description of the new album sounds interesting, though.

TrixRabbi
Aug 20, 2010

Time for a little robot chauvinism!

Recently picked up:

alg
Mar 14, 2007

This thread has pretty much become a Reddit image dump the last few months.

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

alg posted:

People posting pictures of poo poo they bought has been the norm since these threads started.

Oldstench
Jun 29, 2007

alg posted:

The 4th post of this thread was pics of recently bought records. :shrug:

alg
Mar 14, 2007

Yeah I guess maybe I've just been paying closer attention to this thread lately! I also don't know 90% of the records people post without artists/titles. Ah well.

het
Nov 14, 2002

A dark black past
is my most valued
possession

alg posted:

Eh, it kinda sucks but that's just the nature of the beast. Even at its best, this thread is going to consist of a fair amount of image posts, there's only so much you can talk about gear.

answersyouseek
Aug 19, 2003

No Moderation

alg posted:

God drat, the Circle Takes the Square pre-order is $30

Fund the record via kickstarter and still do $30 preorders with $8.50 shipping price? gently caress this band forever

alg
Mar 14, 2007

answersyouseek posted:

Fund the record via kickstarter and still do $30 preorders with $8.50 shipping price? gently caress this band forever

Well obviously you should have sent them $100 via Kickstarter!!

Surfingelectrode
Jan 17, 2006

Yeah, I know it's a drag...
but wastin' pigs is still radical.
In attempt to make this post less Redditish, I'll talk about what I got for a bit.

Flaming Lips - Unconsciously Screamin' EP

One of the best and noisiest songs from In a Priest Driven Ambulance backed with three of their other noisiest songs ever. This is one of my favorite releases by them.
Unconsciously Screamin' - Ma, I Didn't Notice

Cibo Matto - Stereo Type A

Their second album, which is a lot different than their first and has them as a full band, including Sean Lennon. I think it's maybe a little too long (like a lot of late 90s albums), but it's really good. They're releasing their first album since this one this year, which I'm looking forward to.
Spoon - Moonchild

Ty Segall + Mikal Cronin - Reverse Shark Attack
Traditional Fools - s/t

Uh, I've never listened to either of these before, but they're Ty Segall, so they should be good.

As far as I'm concerned my Lips collection is done now. I don't really care enough now to waste my time tracking down a 12" of a song I really don't like and minor variations of other stuff.

Surfingelectrode fucked around with this message at 20:18 on Jan 14, 2013

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

Surfingelectrode posted:

As far as I'm concerned my Lips collection is done now. I don't really care enough now to waste my time tracking down a 12" of a song I really don't like and minor variations of other stuff.

You know this day will come and there's just nothing that can prepare you for it. Our little boy is all grown up now.

Surfingelectrode
Jan 17, 2006

CPL593H posted:

You know this day will come and there's just nothing that can prepare you for it. Our little boy is all grown up now.

I actually have a life for once. Isn't that shocking?

(Can we change the thread title now? :blush: )

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

Surfingelectrode posted:

No. You have to wear this for the rest of you life. Like the Mark of Cain.

het
Nov 14, 2002

A dark black past
is my most valued
possession

Surfingelectrode posted:

Now I'll change it to Porcupine Tree and david puddy will have to complete his PT collection :twisted:

Cemetry Gator
Apr 3, 2007

Do you find something comical about my appearance when I'm driving my automobile?

het posted:

Now I'll change it to Porcupine Tree and david puddy will have to complete his PT collection :twisted:

I fear the day I decide to complete a Morrissey vinyl collection. Because by the end of it all, I will have "Last of the Famous International Playboys" on vinyl at least 20 times because the dude loves releasing that song. I think I have it twice already!

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

Cemetry Gator posted:

I fear the day I decide to complete a Morrissey vinyl collection. Because by the end of it all, I will have "Last of the Famous International Playboys" on vinyl at least 20 times because the dude loves releasing that song. I think I have it twice already!

Maybe you could make a gloomy song about how many copies of that song you have to buy.

Cemetry Gator
Apr 3, 2007

Do you find something comical about my appearance when I'm driving my automobile?

CPL593H posted:

Maybe you could make a gloomy song about how many copies of that song you have to buy.

The Last of "The Last of the Famous International Playboys?" In my CD collection, that one song has the highest representation just due to the fact that it's on so many compilations of his. Unless you want to start counting remixes, in which case, Enjoy the Silence takes the cake. If I listened to all the different versions of that song, I'd be set for about an hour. Granted, one version is 16 minutes long.

Oh, and I am counting the minutely different mix that appears on Singles 86>98. Sure, it may only be the sound of the bass drum, but it's still a different version. I think the only thing second to my Morrissey obsession is my obsession with that song.

Oldstench
Jun 29, 2007

I hope you folks don't get into NWOBHM collecting.

morningdrew
Jul 18, 2003

It's toe-tapping-ly tragic!

If I ever get some good disposable income I'll try to do a Beck collection. So far all I have is Sea Change and a Chemtrails single

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

mono posted:

If I ever get some good disposable income I'll try to do a Beck collection. So far all I have is Sea Change and a Chemtrails single

Abandon all hope.

strap on revenge
Apr 8, 2011

that's my thing that i say

het posted:

Hey I am almost done :colbert: Only a live 12", double 10" set and two 7"s to go. I mean I could try and collect all the colour variants and such but it would take several years and thousands more dollars :negative:

fake edit: also send financial aid if I ever post pictures of Bass Communion or No-Man records

Cemetry Gator
Apr 3, 2007

While we're talking about completing collections, I want to ask about preventing the destruction of a collection.

Since I'm moving at the end of January, do I have to worry about the temperature of the moving truck at all, or would I be better taking the records with me in my car and going through the hell of packing them in and out of the car 8 different times?

I need advice! I'm completely paranoid about this for some weird reason. Probably because that's a huge rear end investment and I don't want to fall back on my rear end. I don't want to have to reacquire "Happy Together" in mono!

morningdrew
Jul 18, 2003

It's toe-tapping-ly tragic!

CPL593H posted:

Abandon all hope.

I'm going to at least just try to get his main albums, then go from there.

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

mono posted:

Wait till you see what those usually cost.

Floodixor
Aug 22, 2003

Forums Electronic MusiciaBRRRIIINGYIPYIPYIPYIP
Kranky shipped these two and they arrived Monday. Super fast.

Stars of the Lid's The Ballasted Orchestra means a lot to me - it was one of my first MP3s I ever heard and an introduction into my love of ambient. I have the first pressing of this but definitely decided to spring for the rerelease/remaster. It's just 20 bucks on Kranky. Same as Loscil's new one, which is predictably wonderful.

JehovahsWetness
Dec 9, 2005

bang that shit retarded

Cemetry Gator posted:

While we're talking about completing collections, I want to ask about preventing the destruction of a collection.

Since I'm moving at the end of January, do I have to worry about the temperature of the moving truck at all, or would I be better taking the records with me in my car and going through the hell of packing them in and out of the car 8 different times?

I need advice! I'm completely paranoid about this for some weird reason. Probably because that's a huge rear end investment and I don't want to fall back on my rear end. I don't want to have to reacquire "Happy Together" in mono!

Low ambient temp isn't a problem w/ records. Pack them tight, and if they're secure and in the dark then they'll be fine. I've moved my crap this way and just pulled any 3 figure or special records out that traveled in separate boxes with me to ease worries. Uhual used to make a small/book box that was something like 12.5" that would snugly fit records perfectly. I *think* the small box they list on their website is the same one, even though they say it's 12x12x12.

TrixRabbi
Aug 20, 2010

Time for a little robot chauvinism!

mono posted:

I got into a bidding war on eBay for Mellow Gold once. I think the final price was approximately $75. That seems to be on the cheap end for that one.

Bliggers-
Dec 1, 2006
Back in business

CPL593H posted:

Wait till you see what those usually cost.

Beck really needs to start a massive reissue campaign.

Sea Change gets reissued, of course it's the only album I own.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Surfingelectrode
Jan 17, 2006

I just need two of my favorite Beck albums :( .

I'd love a nice 2LP reissue of Midnite Vultures with the full album (the original release has some single edits for length, same with Novacane on Odelay) on neon pink and green vinyl. A reissue of Mutations with the 7" would be nice, too.

Surfingelectrode fucked around with this message at 02:25 on Jan 15, 2013