Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Redeadagain
Jan 10, 2009

this shall be
humorous
It will be interesting to see how he pulls this off, since it flies in the face of TGT's rule (so far) of whoever dies, stays dead (until resurrected and used as a meat puppet).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

CONVICTED OF DISPLAYING HIS PEANUTS IN PUBLIC
Jesus christ the reveal panel of Shadow knitting is magnificent.

Vogon Poet
Jun 18, 2004

Someone bought me this custom title because they think I kick ass at Photoshop. They happen to be right.

Paramemetic posted:

Don't be distracted by the reappearance of Teemo! Obviously a red herring meant to distract you all from the very obvious goddamn Pikachu!

I didn't notice that the first time I read the page. :aaa: I can't remember, is this the first time a Pokemon has appeared in the comic?

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

KNEEL BEFORE THE WICKED KING!
Shadow knitting is great, but there's something that most of you are overlooking:

that poo poo about 2012 is true but they
was just off on the date. 2012 your late.

It's probably 2013 in TGT-land. Time either flows really, really fast there or some of the lengthier segments have taken ages in their time as well. I could easily believe either.

ComradeCosmobot posted:

That Tiny Kong panel is too perfect for someone to not use as an avatar.

And now someone can, if they really want to. :confuoot:

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

horriblePencilist posted:

Wait a second.
If TGT started like a year or so ago, and it now is 2013 in the TGT-universe just as it is here, does that mean the story has been progressing in real time? As in, Demaros and Garys fight took several weeks?

This is actually the biggest revelation of this update.

redmercer
Sep 15, 2011

by Fistgrrl
God drat it Lazerbot you knit with POINTS UP.

Having said that, that was a hell of a callback. Kind of like Nibbler showing up in the first episode of Futurama

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy
Somehow my favorite part is the reaction shots, because both "?" and "WHAT THE?" get their own parts of the image, as if they are characters.

scarycave
Oct 9, 2012

Dominic Beegan:
Exterminator For Hire
Pikachu brought Teamo back to life a-la Frankenweeniestien with Thunder(That's actually lightning).

tiistai
Nov 1, 2012

Solo Melodica
Pikachu is a secret neutral who's just controlling Teemo at the moment.

Vogon Poet
Jun 18, 2004

Someone bought me this custom title because they think I kick ass at Photoshop. They happen to be right.

horriblePencilist posted:

Wait a second.
If TGT started like a year or so ago, and it now is 2013 in the TGT-universe just as it is here, does that mean the story has been progressing in real time? As in, Demaros and Garys fight took several weeks?

Also I like how Chunky Kong looks so drat surprised to see Teemo. He's never even seen him before.

Maybe it works kind of like in Breaking Bad:

quote:

When Walt is meeting with Todd's uncle, there's a reference to the Bin Laden assassination. I'd always assumed the show was taking place in 2007 or 2008, given when it started and how little time has passed for Walt, but that's a much more recent reference. When does this show actually take place?

Vince Gilligan: We do have a few inoncsistencies here and there, to be sure. We try not to set it in any particular time. Going backwards, I don't think we ever say. We do have clues, like in the first episode, Walt's handicap placard has the date 2007 on it, which if I had my druthers, I'd go back and change. Every now and then you'll see a license plate or something else, like a plaque in Pollos Hermanos saying it was voted "Favorite Restaurant 2010." As time has progressed, a few of these things have slipped by. But in my mind's eye, this is the present. What I mean by that is, I like people in 2007 thinking this is the present, and now in 2012 thinking this is the present. At a certain point, 20 years from now, it will, based on clothing and technology and cars, it'll begin to feel more of a specific time, but in my mind's eye I see it as continually the present. That's also why we don't ever say what month it is.

simplefish
Mar 28, 2011

So long, and thanks for all the fish gallbladdΣrs!

redmercer posted:

God drat it Lazerbot you knit with POINTS UP.

Having said that, that was a hell of a callback. Kind of like Nibbler showing up in the first episode of Futurama

Actually, I had to really think about this one. Yes, I remember now that I did knit with points up, but for a while in my head there, it seemed like it'd feel so natural to hold them like 2 pencils. Lazerbot just invented a new style of knitting.

horriblePencilist
Oct 18, 2012

It's a Dirt Devil!
Get it?
Tiny Kong asks Shadow why he's knitting, and Shadow replies that he already explained the plan to her. Does that mean whatever he's knitting will be part of the plan?

Tars Tarkas
Apr 13, 2003

Rock the Mok

A nasty woman, I think you should try is, Jess.

If knitting is the plan, then Shadow was already getting ready for the plan before everything started!

scarycave
Oct 9, 2012

Dominic Beegan:
Exterminator For Hire
I love the discussions that this thread brings up. :allears:

Crap
Nov 3, 2012

After several more plans Shadow will have a really nice scarf.

Commutator
Jul 17, 2009
So where are these comics being posted now? I know lazerbot's original deviantart got hacked, and the imgur gallery in the OP isn't up to date.

Edit: VVV Thanks... Dad!

Commutator fucked around with this message at 23:10 on Jan 15, 2013

my dad
Oct 17, 2012

this shall be humorous

Commutator posted:

So where are these comics being posted now? I know lazerbot's original deviantart got hacked, and the imgur gallery in the OP isn't up to date.

His new deviantart account. However, all the comics are much easier to find at https://www.tailsgetstrolled.com which gets updated regularly.

FreakerByTheSpeaker
Dec 3, 2006

You got your good things
And I've got mine

simplefish posted:

Shadow's been knitting since panel 13 of the entire comic. It's literally the first thing we see him doing. Top of page 2, chapter 1:

:aaaaa: I always thought he was reading the paper.

scarycave
Oct 9, 2012

Dominic Beegan:
Exterminator For Hire

FreakerByTheSpeaker posted:

:aaaaa: I always thought he was reading the paper.

It was a newspaper in the animated version. :v:

Vogon Poet
Jun 18, 2004

scarycave posted:

It was a newspaper in the animated version. :v:

Actually, Shadow was knitting in Everdraed's animated version (and I suspect you meant to type "it was knitting in the animated version"), and I'd guess that lazerbot is making a (brilliant) callback to that animation. I'd be surprised if lazerbot had knitting in mind when he originally drew page 2 of the comic.

Vogon Poet fucked around with this message at 23:30 on Jan 15, 2013

scarycave
Oct 9, 2012

Dominic Beegan:
Exterminator For Hire

Vogon Poet posted:

Actually, Shadow was knitting in Everdraed's animated version (and I suspect you meant to type "it was knitting in the animated version"), and I'd guess that lazerbot is making a (brilliant) callback to that animation. I'd be surprised if lazerbot had knitting in mind when he originally drew page 2 of the comic.

Was there ever a newspaper in the comic?
Had to go back and watch it again - the leg bits never get old.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

I wonder if this resurrection is part of Knuckle's weed-fueled plan.

Vogon Poet
Jun 18, 2004

scarycave posted:

Was there ever a newspaper in the comic?

I think most people would probably guess some sort of paper (a newspaper or some other paper) for what Shadow is holding in TGT page 2 if they just had lazerbot's drawing to look at, but it's far from clear. Everdraed hilariously turned it into knitting. I don't remember a newspaper showing up elsewhere in the comic...

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

That's not Pikachu, it's Arfenhouse's Piakchu!

ThatPazuzu
Sep 8, 2011

I'm so depressed, I can't even blink.

The MSJ posted:

I doubt it. He wasn't smoking his smart weed.

Oh, god. Remember his smart weed plan? Just going in the jungle and passing the gra gra around. :allears:

Calico Heart
Mar 22, 2012

"wich the worst part was what troll face did to sonic's corpse after words wich was rape it. at that point i looked away"

Vogon Poet posted:

Maybe it works kind of like in Breaking Bad:

If by "works" you mean "doesn't work"

El Belmondo
Apr 3, 2011

by XyloJW

The MSJ posted:

Obviously, it's either a magic canan or a magic mountain that Teemo crashed into. Knuckles has been planning ahead.

cloudy music
Aug 23, 2008

simplefish posted:

Shadow's been knitting since panel 13 of the entire comic. It's literally the first thing we see him doing. Top of page 2, chapter 1:

And all this time I thought he was rolling a joint.

nerdbot
Mar 16, 2012

Metal Loaf posted:

I've forgotten who's even in the Troll Slaiyers at this point. Shadow's the leader and the Hulk is the only original member who's still with them at this point. They've been joined by Knuckles, Bowser, Vector and Donkey Kong. Who else is with them?

Knuckles left after seeing Shadow kill the Anime Village, and DK wanted to help kill Mario but he's too busy because he got the clap from Rouge back in Chapter 1 so he had some dude named Guy, Tiny Kong and Chunky Kong help out in his place. There's also the bounty hunter Shadow hired. Now that Teemo is back with Pikachu that makes three of the original Troll Slaiyers.

I have to agree I love the "what the gently caress" from the narration too.

Vogon Poet posted:

I didn't notice that the first time I read the page. :aaa: I can't remember, is this the first time a Pokemon has appeared in the comic?

Back in chapter 1 the trolls called Sonic and Tails Pokemon as a derogatory term, that's it.

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink

nerdbot posted:

Back in chapter 1 the trolls called Sonic and Tails Pokemon as a derogatory term, that's it.

I wonder if "pokemon" is a full pejorative in TgT.
Like, the correct term is "pocket monsters," and it's highly offensive to refer to one as a pokemon.

Pigbuster
Sep 12, 2010

Fun Shoe
Teemo just took Revive as a summoner spell, duh.

I really hope the actual explanation is something ridiculous, though.

horriblePencilist
Oct 18, 2012

It's a Dirt Devil!
Get it?
Christ, we haven't even touched shapeshifters or timetravel for Teemo's return theory yet.
The best thing about making up crazy theories is knowing you're still gonna be wrong.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Embergram said that one of us here is partially correct about Teemo's return.

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy
Teemo is really the shape-shifting guy from Hitmen for Destiny, thread's collective mind is blown.

scarycave
Oct 9, 2012

Dominic Beegan:
Exterminator For Hire

Light Gun Man posted:

Teemo is really the shape-shifting guy from Hitmen for Destiny, thread's collective mind is blown.

Dunkirk will take care of him.....Sneeeeee shall be the last thing he'll ever hear. :black101:

The MSJ posted:

Embergram said that one of us here is partially correct about Teemo's return.

I don't how bad of a question is this but whose Embergram? :downs:

nerdbot
Mar 16, 2012

scarycave posted:

I don't how bad of a question is this but whose Embergram? :downs:

Embergram is Lazerbot's brother.

I hope the correct theory is that Pikachu's tears brought him back. :allears:

scarycave
Oct 9, 2012

Dominic Beegan:
Exterminator For Hire

nerdbot posted:

Embergram is Lazerbot's brother.

Then that means...the guy commenting on my videos... :psyboom:
Best reveal of the day right now.

scarycave fucked around with this message at 13:35 on Jan 16, 2013

woodenchicken
Aug 19, 2007

Nap Ghost

cloudy music posted:

And all this time I thought he was rolling a joint.
That is exactly what he was doing.

fish and chips and dip
Feb 17, 2010
This comic... this thread... I was having some really lovely days recently and yet when I read the latest page and the replies, I couldn't stop laughing out loud for a good five minutes. Truly this is something special, something wonderful!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

my dad
Oct 17, 2012

this shall be humorous
not to be a stick in the mud but

WE'VE GOT AN UPDATE! :allears: