Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

Were these posted? I didn't think I'd like these as much as I do, though that probably has more to do with how well the subject matter actually gels with the style they decided to homage.

http://timothyandersonart.bigcartel.com/product/star-wars-spaghetti-western-trilogy-3-posters

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Carly Gay Dead Son
Aug 27, 2007

Bonus.

Young Freud posted:

That movie was on all the time on HBO when I was a kid. I think I knew it as "Chevy Chase gets psychic powers" because, it wasn't like Foul Play or Caddyshack or any other Chevy Chase movie, I never knew the title until about twenty years later.

My personal vague childhood Chevy Chase favorites were "is invisible" and "is in a stupid haunted house with Demi Moore and Digital Underground".

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

The text tells me these are in fact Gene Wilder and Richard Pryor but I don't believe it.

This shouldn't happen to a dog, but it did.

Can't tell if Alan Rickman is being seductive or just extremely unimpressed.

Simple and to the point, I suppose.

Good lord.

Good to see the people inside a silhouette trend was alive and well in the early 90's.

I've always really liked the What About Bob? poster. Perfectly fits the feel of the movie and shows you what it's about at a glance.

Lance Streetman
Feb 20, 2011

A parfait is a dessert, but it is also the French word for perfect.

a kitten posted:

You're missing a really stellar one for Perfect Blue.

Confession: Perfect Blue is the only Satoshi Kon film I haven't seen.

Dissapointed Owl
Jan 30, 2008

You wrote me a letter,
and this is how it went:

Lance Streetman posted:

I remember it being an excellent thriller.

So go for it.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

a kitten posted:

Why is there still an image in the parts where the puzzle isn't finished yet?

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

The image underneath (where she's naked) and the puzzle image (where she's clothed) are different.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

nippon nifties posted:

The image underneath (where she's naked) and the puzzle image (where she's clothed) are different.

Oh, duh, that makes sense.

Dillbag
Mar 4, 2007

Click here to join Lem Lee in the Hell Of Being Cut To Pieces
Nap Ghost

And one I've posted before, but deserves a mention on this 80's/90's tangent:

Found a loving HUGE version if you really want it.

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen

a kitten posted:

This is hyperbole but that's the best movie poster I've ever seen. Subtle but perfect in capturing the essence of the film.

I'm surprised nobody in Hollywood has ripped this off yet.

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Lance Streetman posted:

You should fix that! Perfect Blue is one of his best and is a great movie and really well directed thriller in general.
Darren Aronofsky even paid homage to a scene from it in Requiem for a Dream:

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something

Mr. Carlisle posted:

The text tells me these are in fact Gene Wilder and Richard Pryor but I don't believe it.

I think this was the first "adult" comedy I ever went to see in a theatre (i.e. not something aimed directly at kids).

The film melted about 10 minutes in. I think the universe was trying to save me from this becoming the first adult comedy I saw in a theatre.

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

Dillbag posted:

And one I've posted before, but deserves a mention on this 80's/90's tangent:

Found a loving HUGE version if you really want it.

Most of these posters have caused my 'need to watch' list to explode. And everytime I see "ON VIDEOCASSETTE and on laser disc" at the bottom of one it cracks me up.

Then again years from now we'll probably be laughing about movies being on physical media at all, really. "I remember when I actually had to have shelves for this poo poo. Those were the days."

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"

GNU Order
Feb 28, 2011

That's a paddlin'

Mr. Carlisle posted:

This shouldn't happen to a dog, but it did.

Jesus Christ

Peak Tagline, right here

Renoistic
Jul 27, 2007

Everyone has a
guardian angel.

a kitten posted:

That one is pretty much perfect. The theme also matches the poster for Aronofsky's Black Swan, that also borrowed heavily from Perfect Blue.

Renoistic fucked around with this message at 07:25 on Jan 15, 2013

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

"Oh no, you've made my shotgun slightly more effective at close range!" -hapless bad guy

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

I think my mass effect is broken

a kitten posted:

You should fix that! Perfect Blue is one of his best and is a great movie and really well directed thriller in general.
Darren Aronofsky even paid homage to a scene from it in Requiem for a Dream:

IIRC, Aronofsky also apparently acquired the remake rights for Perfect Blue as well.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Vagabundo posted:

IIRC, Aronofsky also apparently acquired the remake rights for Perfect Blue as well.

Yeah, he called it Black Swan :v:

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Now who looks even dumber?

Beef Witch
This poster hangs at a bar I used to frequent and I've probably spent hours staring at it. It's not a particularly good or bad poster and it's full of terrible sex puns but the thing that struck me about it is how many goddamn times they reused that stupid drawing.

I mean gently caress they should have gone all the way and replaced all the As in the credits with the girl bending over as well.

e: here's an alternate where they shamefully only use four rear end shots

Yodzilla fucked around with this message at 17:34 on Jan 15, 2013

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

So Jane Fonda has an rear end. Who knew?

Rahonavis
Jan 11, 2012

"Clevuh gurrrl..."

"This shouldn't happen to a Tyrannosaurus, but it did!"

By the way, if you are a connoisseur of bad movies and you have not seen "Theodore Rex", fix that. Of all the bad movies I've ever seen, this one is the most... special.

E: vv Ye Gods, I somehow never noticed that.

Rahonavis fucked around with this message at 04:04 on Jan 16, 2013

SRM
Jul 10, 2009

~*FeElIn' AweS0mE*~

Rahonavis posted:

"This shouldn't happen to a Tyrannosaurus, but it did!"

By the way, if you are a connoisseur of bad movies and you have not seen "Theodore Rex", fix that. Of all the bad movies I've ever seen, this one is the most... special.

I particularly appreciate the triple-sneakers.

joedevola
Sep 11, 2004

worst song, played on ugliest guitar

Vagabundo posted:

My understanding is he had to in order to use that shot.

Strange Matter
Oct 6, 2009

Ask me about Genocide
That poster should be engraved on a basalt monolith half sunken in million year old antarctic ice. It's sheer wrongness is deeply unsettling.

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

mind the walrus posted:

So Jane Fonda has a motor in the back of her Honda. Who knew?

FTFY. :whatup:

joedevola posted:

My understanding is he had to in order to use that shot.

Seems kinda strange, since I doubt there's any copyright provision that stops you from arranging lighting and shots in a particular way. I always thought if you're going to pay homage to something, you just did it and not let legal get in the way.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Young Freud posted:

Seems kinda strange, since I doubt there's any copyright provision that stops you from arranging lighting and shots in a particular way. I always thought if you're going to pay homage to something, you just did it and not let legal get in the way.

You're right. If it wasn't like this they'd never let Tarantino make another movie because of all the legal fees they'd have to pay.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Robert Denby posted:

Oh good god:

It just gets worse as you go from left to right, holy poo poo.

Seriously, what is that?!

Oh okay, so when I saw the trailer for this film and thought,"Nothing could make this movie look any worse," I was clearly wrong, because the poster accomplished that quite nicely.

SixFigureSandwich
Oct 30, 2004
Exciting Lemon
These are not really posters, but pretty cool movie art in Ottoman style. Someone posted these in the D&D pictures thread, and I thought people here might appreciate them too. The website has some detail cutouts as well.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
Bayeux Tapestry movie posters, eh?

EkardNT
Mar 31, 2011
A pity that the one for the best movie has the worst poster.

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Everytime I try to fly I fall
Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

The only one I can't figure out is the body in the back of the carriage and the guy with the knife. I bet I'm gonna feel real dumb.

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

I think my mass effect is broken

weekly font posted:

The only one I can't figure out is the body in the back of the carriage and the guy with the knife. I bet I'm gonna feel real dumb.

It's GoodFellas.

Don't feel too bad, it took me a second to work it out as well.

Suzuki Method
Mar 12, 2012

a kitten posted:

Wow, I would absolutely love to buy this for my wall. Because of the outfit it gives me a Black Swan vibe (though I know it's not, I'm a big fan of Perfect Blue).

e: Oh god drat it, sorry that I'm late to the Black Swan party, I missed the entire last page because of awful.app

Suzuki Method fucked around with this message at 03:03 on Jan 16, 2013

emgeejay
Dec 8, 2007

Wait, back in the '90s you could just buy 8mm prints? :psyduck:

testtubebaby
Apr 7, 2008

Where we're going,
we won't need eyes to see.

Max22 posted:

Wait, back in the '90s you could just buy 8mm prints? :psyduck:

8mm video, otherwise known as Video8

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/8_mm_video_format

[edit] Here's a copy of the movie you can buy: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Another-You-Video-8-Movie-8mm-Richard-Pryor-Gene-Wilder-/120817046894

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

"I'm a busy man so make your pitch quick!"

"We take Earl from Dinosaurs and pair him with Whoopi Goldberg in a skin-tight black latex suit."

:stare:

"Also, please join my dinosaurs/Whoopi Goldberg sexual fetish group."

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

oldpainless posted:

"I'm a busy man so make your pitch quick!"

"We take Earl from Dinosaurs and pair him with Whoopi Goldberg in a skin-tight black latex suit."

:stare:

"Also, please join my dinosaurs/Whoopi Goldberg sexual fetish group."

Holy poo poo, I didn't even notice what she was wearing. She looks like the Black Widow. The Black Black Widow. The Widow?

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

If only we could combine these movies

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

kiimo posted:

If only we could combine these movies

Dinosaurs and Dana Delany's boobs? Welp, I'm sold.