Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Matlock
Sep 12, 2004

Childs Play Charity 2011 Total: $1755
Trent's just upset Kofi insulted his playground. By the rubble! It was where the children played! In the rubble!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bard Maddox
Feb 15, 2012

I'm just a sick guy, I'm really just a dirty guy.

achillesforever6 posted:

Kofi Kingston is an rear end in a top hat.

I knew it!

Arbite
Nov 4, 2009

No wonder Punk and him get on so well.

Perigryn
Oct 22, 2010

TaJaaaaadoruuuuu
Kofi did say at one of the Be A Star events that he used to be a bully.

getitoffgetitoff
Sep 24, 2007

by Ralp

@degg posted:

BIG SHOWS DAD NEVER DIED!! show and the big bossman created the dad and the story of his death to add interest to their 1999 wwf title match

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
That's comforting to know.

FanofPortals
Sep 22, 2006

BILL FILLMAFF'S GREATEST DISAPPOINTMENT

El Gallinero Gros posted:

That's comforting to know.

At least Show had a fun toboggan ride on a casket :)

BubbaGrace
Jul 14, 2006

Please change my account name in the op to @FelonySA. Thanks.

britishbornandbread
Jul 8, 2000

You'll stumble in my footsteps
Wait wasn't Big Show's dad already dead by the time of that angle?

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

britishbornandbread posted:

Wait wasn't Big Show's dad already dead by the time of that angle?

Yeah, Andre had been dead for half a decade.

Jay 2K Winger
Oct 10, 2007

What are you looking for?

MassRayPer posted:

Yeah, Andre had been dead for half a decade.

:golfclap:

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?
Kenny King has gone nuts

quote:

Kenny King þ@KennyKingpinAnX
Ok so a few things about Manti Teo

1. I'm sure there are a few chemistry majors At Notre Dame that have imaginary Internet girlfriends. Star linebackers, Not so much

2. Could Manti Teo really be MenLove Teo? And this is to cover it up?

3. Lance Armstrong magically confesses to Oprah, and Mr Teos "secret" comes out around the same Time the presidents trying to ban weapons??

#wakeup

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
Wow, gently caress Kenny King.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

MassRayPer posted:

Wow, gently caress Kenny King.

I have no idea what the hell any of those have to do with each other. It seems like a rant out of free republic. Also you would think he would know gay people since he is a stripper.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

bobkatt013 posted:

I have no idea what the hell any of those have to do with each other. It seems like a rant out of free republic. Also you would think he would know gay people since he is a stripper.

He's connecting the dots, maaaaan. Don't be such a sheeple duuuude.

Some people just cannot handle their weed.

Strenuous Manflurry
Sep 5, 2006

THE END
Manti Te'o more like Men's Teioh.

Kenny is dummy.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

Strenuous Manflurry posted:

Manti Te'o more like Men's Teioh.

Kenny is dummy.

JUST beat me to the punch. I was just trying to think of a joke involving Men's Teioh. :arghfist:

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

DIRECTIVE 236: Promote pro-social values
How many wrestlers need to get in trouble/fired for tweeting homophobic poo poo before they realize it's a bad idea?

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Tato posted:

How many wrestlers need to get in trouble/fired for tweeting homophobic poo poo before they realize it's a bad idea?

I just like that one since its full of crazy. Not only homophobia but also Obummer trying to take our guns.

nasboat
Sep 9, 2004

I didn't think that was necessarily homophobia although calling him MenLove is close. It is a theory that's been tossed around and not in a mean or homophobic way by others (King could've meant it that way, though, I have no idea).

The rest of that poo poo is just crazy.

Paper Jam Dipper
Jul 14, 2007

by XyloJW
If wrestlers were intelligent, they wouldn't become wrestlers.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I feel really stupid because I don't understand any of this. Te'o is a football player who had a fake girlfriend who "died" and he may or may not have been in on it, right? King makes a couple of weird comments suggesting he was in on it and maybe it was a cover for being gay or maybe it was some grand conspiracy to distract from other things? I guess if he really believes the latter he's nuts but I'm not really sure why I should be outraged by any of this. But I'm pretty lost so maybe I'm just missing it.

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

STAC Goat posted:

I feel really stupid because I don't understand any of this. Te'o is a football player who had a fake girlfriend who "died" and he may or may not have been in on it, right? King makes a couple of weird comments suggesting he was in on it and maybe it was a cover for being gay or maybe it was some grand conspiracy to distract from other things? I guess if he really believes the latter he's nuts but I'm not really sure why I should be outraged by any of this. But I'm pretty lost so maybe I'm just missing it.

I think the timing of it is the thing. Rather than just saying "Te'o had a made up girlfriend, possibly to cover up the fact he's gay" which is a weird but still possibly valid theory, he's drawing paranoid conspiracy links between that coming out at the same time as Armstrong's interview and Obama strengthening gun control.

So rather than say this is all happening at the same time to cover it up, he's saying the Lizard King is among us which is why all this poo poo is happening NOW man! :tinfoil:

FAKEEDIT: Think about it! Can't you see the signs?!?

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Semiru posted:

I think the timing of it is the thing. Rather than just saying "Te'o had a made up girlfriend, possibly to cover up the fact he's gay" which is a weird but still possibly valid theory, he's drawing paranoid conspiracy links between that coming out at the same time as Armstrong's interview and Obama strengthening gun control.

So rather than say this is all happening at the same time to cover it up, he's saying the Lizard King is among us which is why all this poo poo is happening NOW man! :tinfoil:

FAKEEDIT: Think about it! Can't you see the signs?!?

That and the implication he is gay was basically mocking in tone, not exactly the best way to come off.

Matlock
Sep 12, 2004

Childs Play Charity 2011 Total: $1755
via Twitter

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

MassRayPer posted:

That and the implication he is gay was basically mocking in tone, not exactly the best way to come off.

I guess "MenLove" is mocking but it doesn't strike me as homophobic on its own. At least not like real homophobic instead of just generic "guys who call other guys gay as an insult because they've never really thought about the sociological implications" homophobic.

Shawn Cotureier
Jan 21, 2009

Still better than Umberger

Matlock posted:

via Twitter

Jeebus H. Ed O'Neill looks old there

Paper Jam Dipper
Jul 14, 2007

by XyloJW

Mayo and Catsup posted:

Jeebus H. Ed O'Neill looks old there

He's 66 and I doubt he got to drink the fountain of youth like Paul McCartney.

Punk is wearing a t-shirt to hide his tattoos out of respect, right?

Saints Crow
Aug 25, 2006

Johnny is the name for God on the lips and hearts of all bangers

STAC Goat posted:

I guess "MenLove" is mocking but it doesn't strike me as homophobic on its own. At least not like real homophobic instead of just generic "guys who call other guys gay as an insult because they've never really thought about the sociological implications" homophobic.

Generic homophobia is still real homophobia, hope this helps.

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

Ed O'Neill's a BJJ black belt?

Writer Cath
Apr 1, 2007

Box. Flipped.
Plaster Town Cop
Here's Wade Barrett with some bears.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Saints Crow posted:

Generic homophobia is still real homophobia, hope this helps.

But it's a kind of societal unintentional kind. I'm not saying its a good thing, I'm saying its different from yelling "fag". It's ignorance born from a society never really confronting you with it. If you're like Scorpio Sky and society does confront you and you flip a finger and use it more, then you're an rear end in a top hat. If you're like Michael Cole and someone confronts you and you apologize than maybe you're alright. It's a lot of context and intent, unless you're going to just call everyone who ever says something offensive or stupid scum. Which I guess you can if you want but that's going to be a huge list.

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

"I was being quiet and trying to be a good boy but he dialed the right combination to open the throw-down vault and it was on."

"Walter Foxx is ten times brighter than your bulb at the bottom of the tree merry xmas"

Thauros posted:

Ed O'Neill's a BJJ black belt?

Took him 20 years

moonsour
Feb 13, 2007

Ortowned

Writer Cath posted:

Del Rio and Rollins have also taken bear pictures. I'm picturing them all lining up and taking each others photos now.

Saints Crow
Aug 25, 2006

Johnny is the name for God on the lips and hearts of all bangers

The problem is, and this really is a discussion that is extremely in depth and not for this thread, differentiating between different kinds of homophobia is a net negative. Saying "generally accepted"/"not that bad" homophobic things is still a poo poo thing to do, whether you are calling someone a fag or using stupid loving jokes like that (or Cena promos).

Long story short, saying offensive and stupid things does make you scummy, and there's nothing wrong with that being a big list. I mean just because a dude says something scummy doesn't mean you necessarily need to write him off, but it at least puts him in a poor light because he still said something offensive and stupid.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Well I'm not defending what he said, but I'm also not reading deeper intent or feelings into it. The reaction just seemed really strong to something I could easily hear The Rock saying on Monday Night (the ManLove thing, not the weird conspiracy thing).

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

"I was being quiet and trying to be a good boy but he dialed the right combination to open the throw-down vault and it was on."

"Walter Foxx is ten times brighter than your bulb at the bottom of the tree merry xmas"

‏@BigELangston posted:

"@WWEAJLee: @BigELangston You're like a sister to me." Does that mean we have to pillow fight and share undergarments?

Big E Langston is pretty neat on the twitter.

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

I came here to chew bubblegum and quote 'They Live', and I'm... at an impasse.
CM Punk said he had made some deals by himself. Maybe he's on Ed O'Neil's Show.

Supreme Allah
Oct 6, 2004

everybody relax, i'm here
Nap Ghost

Writer Cath posted:

Are those in his house? It almost looks like someones house. Did Wade Barrett personally kill and stuff a Polar and Grizzly bear and displays them in his house?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Writer Cath
Apr 1, 2007

Box. Flipped.
Plaster Town Cop

Supreme Allah posted:

Are those in his house? It almost looks like someones house. Did Wade Barrett personally kill and stuff a Polar and Grizzly bear and displays them in his house?

If that's the case, I can only assume he used Heath Slater as bait.