Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

The size difference between these kittens is insane, and actually a bit worrisome. Ash is getting loving huge.

EDIT: I guess a part of it is that he's so ridiculously fluffy.

Shaman Tank Spec fucked around with this message at 16:26 on Jan 12, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SpannerX
Apr 26, 2010

I had a beer with Stephen Harper once and now I like him.

Fun Shoe
Last I heard about the weights, there was more than a 2 ounce difference between Ash and who ever was smallest. That having been said, they all look very healthy and happy, but that's to be expected with John.

Petcollective is having their disco party at 4pm today! Can't wait. Those kittens are cute too!

Black cats are awesome cats(Neil Gaiman story based cartoon).

SpannerX fucked around with this message at 16:44 on Jan 12, 2013

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Der Shovel posted:

The size difference between these kittens is insane, and actually a bit worrisome. Ash is getting loving huge.

EDIT: I guess a part of it is that he's so ridiculously fluffy.

Yesterday she went kinda crazy and started powering around during a playtime with John, she's got insane back leg muscles it would seem, was just zooming along with feet spinning out on the floor. It would seem that huge rear end is not for nothing.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

One of the kitties (Dallas?) has discovered the camera and repeatedly climbed up to get a good up-close look at it. Start at about 9:40 of today's stream. John even had to come in to wipe it down because it was so covered in kitty noseprints. At which point the kittens made a break for the cage door.

Coatlicue
Sep 14, 2012

it doesn't matter
how fast or how far,
you're still runnin' like a fool

SpannerX posted:

Black cats are awesome cats(Neil Gaiman story based cartoon).

I remember hearing this story years ago with a collection of his. It really spooked me out as I was driving cross country and it was nighttime. I remember how haunting the last line was to me at the time.

It's cool to see it animated!

Metanaut
Oct 9, 2006

Honey it's tight like that.
College Slice
They look like they're ready for a bigger play area and the current box is getting too small.

And holy crap, they just get cuter and cuter. So fluffy. :3:

Binary Badger
Oct 11, 2005

Trolling Link for a decade

Oh my goodness, it's feeding time! :3:

SpannerX
Apr 26, 2010

Fun Shoe
Looks like the Shakespeare kittens are going to their new homes soon, though some are still too small to be spayed/neutered, so they'll still be around for a while.

John is visiting with the kittens right now, those kittens sure do love him. Or they are trying to get out. :)

Doodles McIdiot
Nov 12, 2012

Der Shovel posted:

One of the kitties (Dallas?) has discovered the camera and repeatedly climbed up to get a good up-close look at it. Start at about 9:40 of today's stream. John even had to come in to wipe it down because it was so covered in kitty noseprints. At which point the kittens made a break for the cage door.

Yeah, I think that's Dallas. They do seem aware of the camera, looking directly into it at times. Maybe it makes some sort of noise.

I love how curious they're getting, I hope they get to play in the big pen soon.

Metanaut
Oct 9, 2006

College Slice

Doodles McIdiot posted:

I love how curious they're getting, I hope they get to play in the big pen soon.

Apparently they do, tuesday morning local time. More space means more action. :neckbeard:

SpannerX
Apr 26, 2010

Fun Shoe

Metanaut posted:

Apparently they do, tuesday morning local time. More space means more action. :neckbeard:

Just found out about this on FB, can't wait for that! And the added toys, such as Mewnivers, the Enterprise, Fishtent (though that has been used for escapes by the kittens in the past...).

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Welp, it's raining kittens. Either Ripley has started carrying the kittens to the upper cage or they've learned to climb there. I would bet on option B considering how much Dallas has been climbing already. In either case a couple of kittens have just dropped down into the bottom cage from somewhere above, so I would bet John will have his hands full with these furballs :v:

(Go to 5:10 if you want to see a kitten drop on Ripley's head)

EDIT: yep, they're climbing like pros.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

So I've been putting kittencam (the youtube one) up on my second monitor during the day and lately my cat Sophia has become entranced with it. She comes and sits near me to watch it for hours. Now if I don't have it on, she'll sometimes come by and stare at the monitor and at me and basically wordlessly demand Kittencam until I put it up there.

You guys have turned my cat into a TV addict.

SpannerX
Apr 26, 2010

Fun Shoe
Bishop 18 oz, Newt 19 oz, Parker 19.6 oz, Dallas 19.8 oz, Ash 23.3 oz.

Holy hell, Ash, you need to have a diet! :)

2 of the #kittencam kittens have gone to their homes now. That one is winding down. I'm going to miss the discos. :(

VVV Ash is a serious cat, look at that face!VVV

SpannerX fucked around with this message at 00:24 on Jan 16, 2013

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

SpannerX posted:

Bishop 18 oz, Newt 19 oz, Parker 19.6 oz, Dallas 19.8 oz, Ash 23.3 oz.

Holy hell, Ash, you need to have a diet! :)

Ash is absurd.

(And whilst we're at it let's have some Bishop)

SpannerX
Apr 26, 2010

Fun Shoe
01:07:00 ish, John shows up, kittens start going wild. They want out!

Oh, poo poo, John has a very ill cat, may be dying. :cry:

SpannerX fucked around with this message at 02:38 on Jan 16, 2013

Chicken Doodle
May 16, 2007

SpannerX posted:

01:07:00 ish, John shows up, kittens start going wild. They want out!

Oh, poo poo, John has a very ill cat, may be dying. :cry:

One of his own? I missed that all.

The camera's being moved. Yay, big room!

SpannerX
Apr 26, 2010

Fun Shoe

Chicken Doodle posted:

One of his own? I missed that all.

The camera's being moved. Yay, big room!

Yeah, one of his own. Basically somehow it got out in the chat that one of his cats is sick, and he basically confirmed it as soon as he got in the room over the mic. Don't know the details about it, but it is sad, as that always is.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?
Cam is back!

Edit: One bolted out when John opened the cage, another fell out and climbed back in, and the others don't care.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Both of the boys were out pretty quick. Not surprised, they're the ones who've been trying to get out of the cage the most.

xcheopis
Jul 23, 2003

MikeJF posted:

Both of the boys were out pretty quick. Not surprised, they're the ones who've been trying to get out of the cage the most.
Newt and Bishop were too busy wrestling to notice.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Heh. The three that were out first were the three that made it upstairs yesterday.

None of them knew how to get down so each time it ended with a thump and a dazed kitten stumbling back to its feet. At one point one of them bounced off the mother's head, which was a bit of a shock for everyone involved.

drunkill
Sep 25, 2007

me @ ur posting
Fallen Rib
Oh my gosh, they are so cute.

They love the space it seems, lots of drunken-like stumbling around the place.
Edit: They've discovered the camera too, lots of sniffing :3:

drunkill fucked around with this message at 03:25 on Jan 16, 2013

SpannerX
Apr 26, 2010

Fun Shoe

MikeJF posted:

And now Ash is eating the kibble. I said you needed to go on a diet! What are you thinking ASH!

DALLAS!

SpannerX fucked around with this message at 03:27 on Jan 16, 2013

Kitten Head Ridge
Apr 3, 2009

It is surprising how much space is needed to 'swing a cat'!

Is that a Pokéball toy in Ripley and her kittens' enclosure?

Bone_Enterprise
Aug 9, 2005

Inception Cigars
www.inceptioncigars.com
Yes.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

I think the Spice Kittens are still my favourites, but man these kittens are cute as hell. Newt curled up in the chickenfish :3:

SpannerX
Apr 26, 2010

Fun Shoe

Der Shovel posted:

I think the Spice Kittens are still my favourites, but man these kittens are cute as hell. Newt curled up in the chickenfish :3:

The Spice Kittens were pretty cute, but Ripley is a gorgeous cat. If I wasn't a continent away I'd consider being in line for her.

Same with the black kittens from pet collective too though. I'd be a crazy cat lady, if I was female. :)

Speaking of Pet Collective, here's a disco video!

SpannerX fucked around with this message at 23:01 on Jan 16, 2013

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

SpannerX posted:

The Spice Kittens were pretty cute, but Ripley is a gorgeous cat. If I wasn't a continent away I'd consider being in line for her.

Huh, I definitely preferred Rosemary in the "mum I'd like to pet" category. Ripley is cute and all, though.

Right now my favourite kittens out of this bunch (and it varies from time to time) are Newt, Dallas and Parker. Probably Newt overall. I mean oh god look at her(?) :3:

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

I love Ash. She just wanders around in her own little fuzzy world like she's perpetually stoned. And Bishop, who's just this tiny little bold explorer poking her way into everything and being ridiculously cute.

(also, the way Newt loves chewing on Chickenfish's fins is really adorable)

Bishop's the bold inquisitive one. Newt's interested in everthing and likes to sit and observe as well as poke around. Parker and Dallas are the super-energetic terrors slamming their way around. Parker in particular is The Great Climber. And Ash is the slow philosopher.

Der Shovel posted:

Huh, I definitely preferred Rosemary in the "mum I'd like to pet" category. Ripley is cute and all, though.

Rosemary was a ridiculously good hands-on mother. Slightly over the top with her bathing, though.

One thing I've noticed from Ripley that the kids are picking up is that these guys tend to use their paws a lot more than other cats, in terms of grabbing or scooping or poking or prodding. I think Ripley's passing the tendency on to them.

MikeJF fucked around with this message at 01:34 on Jan 17, 2013

Doodles McIdiot
Nov 12, 2012
John just popped in to tell us his sick cat is looking a bit better today, she's eaten but still too weak to walk. Here's hoping she'll make a full recovery!

Woohoo
Apr 1, 2008
awwwww....

I don't know what to write to follow the rules, because everything I'd want to say could be expressed in a single smiley

:3

We do need kitten cam. Nothing cheers me up more. Thanks!

Metanaut
Oct 9, 2006

College Slice
Ripley and her kittens seem a bit more chill compared to Rosy and co. The spice kittens were either fighting or sleeping, and they wouldn't hold still for bathing or if John picked one up. These guys frequently bathe each other, Ripley (and let her do it) and let John hold them. One of them enjoyed a long ear scratching last time he was in. :3:

First bit of drama just now. One of Johns own cats slammed into the door to their room and growled. They were spooked, but went back to sleep soon after.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

MikeJF posted:

One thing I've noticed from Ripley that the kids are picking up is that these guys tend to use their paws a lot more than other cats, in terms of grabbing or scooping or poking or prodding. I think Ripley's passing the tendency on to them.

Hah, yeah. One of my favourite things about this batch is Ripley just grabbing a squirming kitten into a bear hug for some cleaning action.

Stream's gone all wonky recently. John reset it ~half an hour ago for the weighing and feeding, and it hasn't recovered. I'm currently getting a 2 second loop of Newt flicking her ears and blinking, which is adorable.

Blast of Confetti
Apr 21, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
It's not a livestream, but the guys from the YouTube stream uploaded this awhile ago.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DGrssfShwgs

Oh no, a dragon! :3:

SpannerX
Apr 26, 2010

Fun Shoe

Blast of Confetti posted:

It's not a livestream, but the guys from the YouTube stream uploaded this awhile ago.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DGrssfShwgs

Oh no, a dragon! :3:

That's going in the OP.:)

I really like the Pet Collective stream. They seem to have a lot of fun.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

I can't get over how loving adorable Newt is. Wanna pet that cat :3:

Also it seems Ripley has taught her kittens to be ... well, not handsy. Pawsy? They seem to really like putting their paws on things.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Der Shovel posted:

I can't get over how loving adorable Newt is. Wanna pet that cat :3:

Also it seems Ripley has taught her kittens to be ... well, not handsy. Pawsy? They seem to really like putting their paws on things.

It's amazing watching the kittens pick things up from their mother. The Spice Kitten's mother was super-groomy and would actually groom John's hair when he came to visit, and in the last few days Pepper actually hopped up onto John's shoulders and licked at his hair too.

And yeah, I've noticed the pawsy-ness of the Alien Kittens.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

MikeJF posted:

It's amazing watching the kittens pick things up from their mother. The Spice Kitten's mother was super-groomy and would actually groom John's hair when he came to visit, and in the last few days Pepper actually hopped up onto John's shoulders and licked at his hair too.

Yep! They did do that! I hadn't really thought about the learning aspect of it before and just figured it was a cute habit both mother and daughter had, but it totally makes sense in retrospect.

This is actually something I've been wondering about myself. It's pretty commonly accepted that cats see humans they bond with as kind of big hairless mother cats. I've been wondering if they pick stuff up from us as well. My cat, for instance, has a weird habit where he eats with his paw. He'll pluck out a pawful of food from the bowl, then eat it off his paw. Everyone seems to think he's picked it up watching me (because obviously as a human I eat sandwiches and whatnot with my hand).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Binary Badger
Oct 11, 2005

Trolling Link for a decade

I think the lone kitten sleeping in the bowl is adorable.

• Locked thread