Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Morbid Florist
Oct 22, 2002

and most importantly, I am free in all the ways that you are not.

Fenriz wasn't loving around when he said they were taking ownership of their own songs. I'm banging my head and laughing at the same time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Listen to that loving wail - this is AMAZING - i'm getting chills!

Not Very Metal
Aug 3, 2007

Shit Fuck Shit Fuck!

Oldstench posted:

Shoot him an email - he seems like a cool bloke (no idea if he has anything to do with LP/shirt package pricing).

New Darkthrone track up:
https://soundcloud.com/peaceville/darkthrone-leave-no-cross

e: gently caress yeah!

Oh this is awesome, thanks for the heads up!

funeral fag
Jun 23, 2004

The first minute or so is pretty nice and reminds me of Show No Mercy era Slayer, then it turns into a bad Megiddo outtake.

nomapple
Apr 27, 2012

Morbid Florist posted:

Fenriz wasn't loving around when he said they were taking ownership of their own songs. I'm banging my head and laughing at the same time.

The best bit is when you hear "NOCTURNO CULTOOO!" towards the end.

Baron Von Ghoulosh
Dec 16, 2005

There was a time when I fed from golden chalices,
but now...

Now, I feed as
an old man pees.

nomapple posted:

The best bit is when you hear "NOCTURNO CULTOOO!" towards the end.

I must say, I've enjoyed Nocturno's vocal delivery on everything he has done as of late. The last 3 or 4 Darkthrone albums and the two Sarke releases. It's like he dropped all of his previous inhibitions and limitations and went full on balls out with his vocal performance.

Just seeing the album cover had me stoked for this but, now I'm really excited to hear the rest of it.

Weaponized Cum
Aug 31, 2004

This post brought to you by the finest Miami cocaine money can buy ----->

m-o-o-n posted:

The first minute or so is pretty nice and reminds me of Show No Mercy era Slayer, then it turns into a bad Megiddo outtake.

First 10 seconds sound like an Agent Steel song and that is awesome

Strange Horizon
Sep 21, 2005

It is that black.
It is that black.
It is that black.
It is that black.
Vintage, yet fresh. Darkthrone still loving rule. I love this new direction they're taking and can't wait for the album. I'm feeling a lot of Celtic Frost in this one.

E: NOCTURNO CULTOOUHHH!

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice
So is the Nuclear War Now! record label everything this guy makes it out to be?

nomapple
Apr 27, 2012

Darthemed posted:

Not sure I understood a word of that but NWN are a great label. I've ordered a couple of records from them and always received them quickly. The records are always high quality as well.

Weaponized Cum
Aug 31, 2004

This post brought to you by the finest Miami cocaine money can buy ----->

Darthemed posted:

NWN! rules and so does the fest that they throw and you should probably listen to most of their catalogue

Oldstench
Jun 29, 2007

Let's talk about where you're going.
You should support NWN.

New Cultes des Ghoules track:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tAiwQgWJXAw

thehouseplant
May 2, 2007
My wife goes through YouTube to find new music. Occasionally it pays off. This is a track off of their demo Ehrfucht and it's pretty drat good, especially considering how young they all are.

Anwar - Verfehmung der Freiheit
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PaKPOUjYP7s

nomapple
Apr 27, 2012

This is pretty good, I like some of the other stuff on their label, like Szron. I'm currently listening to Make A Change... Kill Yourself and wondering why I didn't do so sooner. They seem to be leagues ahead of other DSBM projects, definitely a breath of fresh air within that genre.

In other news I can't stop listening to black/death metal at the moment, like Teitanblood. My problem is, Teitanblood seem to be leagues ahead of the other bands. I'm also enjoying Diocletian, Witchrist and Vassafor a fair bit though. Basically, I really like the murky, swampy rumble that these sorts of bands deliver. If anyone has similar stuff they could recommend it would be much appreciated. I've heard good things about Desolate Shrine?

And before anyone recommends Black Witchery or Proclamation, as much as I like them, they don't scratch that same itch that Teitanblood do for me. I need something to listen to that isn't Seven Chalices!

funeral fag
Jun 23, 2004

nomapple posted:

In other news I can't stop listening to black/death metal at the moment, like Teitanblood. My problem is, Teitanblood seem to be leagues ahead of the other bands. I'm also enjoying Diocletian, Witchrist and Vassafor a fair bit though. Basically, I really like the murky, swampy rumble that these sorts of bands deliver. If anyone has similar stuff they could recommend it would be much appreciated. I've heard good things about Desolate Shrine?

And before anyone recommends Black Witchery or Proclamation, as much as I like them, they don't scratch that same itch that Teitanblood do for me. I need something to listen to that isn't Seven Chalices!

You should probably check out Grave Miasma, Impetuous Ritual or Venenum!

That Cultes des Ghoules track is nowhere nearly as good as their best releases, namely Haxan and Spectres over Transylvania, so listen to those too.

funeral fag fucked around with this message at 00:40 on Jan 21, 2013

skasion
Feb 13, 2012

Why don't you perform zazen, facing a wall?
seconding Grave Miasma. I might also add Vasaeleth, Cruciamentum, Heresiarch, and Genocide Shrines.

Oldstench
Jun 29, 2007

m-o-o-n posted:

That Cultes des Ghoules track is nowhere nearly as good as their best releases, namely Haxan and Spectres over Transylvania, so listen to those too.
I thought that as well, but after listening to it 10 or so times it's really started to grow on me. I think this album is going to be a real surprise.

The Clit Avoider
Aug 11, 2002

El Profesional

nomapple posted:

This is pretty good, I like some of the other stuff on their label, like Szron. I'm currently listening to Make A Change... Kill Yourself and wondering why I didn't do so sooner. They seem to be leagues ahead of other DSBM projects, definitely a breath of fresh air within that genre.

Sadomator, Vasaeleth, Wrathprayer, Antediluvian, Tyrant's Blood, Blasphemophager, Archgoat, Pseudogod, Morbosidad, Bestial Raids, Truppensturm, Goatpenis, Kerasphorus...

You've already heard them no doubt, but Blasphemy, Sadistik Exekution, Order From Chaos and Bestial Warlust. Check out Corpse Molestation (and see how many riffs that would end up being used in D666 you can spot!) too.

skasion
Feb 13, 2012

Why don't you perform zazen, facing a wall?
Gilead just announced new Ash Borer - Bloodlands EP and Fell Voices - Regnum Saturni 2xLP for 2013. Which almost makes up for my having to miss their Portland show this spring.

Oldstench
Jun 29, 2007

nomapple posted:

I need something to listen to that isn't Seven Chalices!
Get Woven Black Arteries!

Oldstench fucked around with this message at 19:08 on Jan 24, 2013

nomapple
Apr 27, 2012

m-o-o-n posted:

You should probably check out Grave Miasma, Impetuous Ritual or Venenum!

Already into Grave Miasma but thanks for the other two!

skasion posted:

seconding Grave Miasma. I might also add Vasaeleth, Cruciamentum, Heresiarch, and Genocide Shrines.

I'm really into Cruciamentum, I've seen them live a couple of times, and have a ticket to their final UK show. It'll be sad to see them go as I think they're my favourite of the recent crop of OSDM bands. I picked up the Genocide Shrines album late last year, but I shall go and revisit it. I'll let you know what I think of Heresiarch.

The Clit Avoider posted:

Sadomator, Vasaeleth, Wrathprayer, Antediluvian, Tyrant's Blood, Blasphemophager, Archgoat, Pseudogod, Morbosidad, Bestial Raids, Truppensturm, Goatpenis, Kerasphorus...

You've already heard them no doubt, but Blasphemy, Sadistik Exekution, Order From Chaos and Bestial Warlust. Check out Corpse Molestation (and see how many riffs that would end up being used in D666 you can spot!) too.

I've listened to Wrathprayer- Sun of Moloch a ridiculous amount because it is the only black/death record I have on vinyl (until Vassafor- Obsidian Codex arrives :D )
I love Antediluvian and can't wait for their new one
Blasphemophagher were the first "war metal" band to actually click for me
Archgoat are pretty cool
Pseudogod's latest was great, eagerly anticipating more material.
Bestial Raids most recent was great as well, I really should acquire that on vinyl
Goatpenis are far better than their name suggests, their most recent album is very enjoyable.
Blasphemy rule, I need a copy of Fallen Angel of Doom though.

I'll check out/revisit the other bands mentioned, thanks all!

skasion posted:

Gilead just announced new Ash Borer - Bloodlands EP and Fell Voices - Regnum Saturni 2xLP for 2013. Which almost makes up for my having to miss their Portland show this spring.

Super stoked on both of these releases. I've been planning to travel from the UK to see the Ash Borer/Fell Voices date in Brussels, and tour exclusive vinyl just about sealed the deal ;) I can't wait to hear more Ash Borer material that adheres to the rawer, more dissonant sound of their older material.

funeral fag
Jun 23, 2004

This is the best bootleg

Zodijackylite
Oct 18, 2005

hello bonjour, en francais we call the bread man l'homme de pain, because pain means bread and we're going to see a lot of pain this year and every nyrfan is looking forward to it and hey tony, can you wait until after my postgame interview to get on your phone? i thought you quit twitter...

m-o-o-n posted:

This is the best bootleg

:stare: Is there any story behind it? I've gotten some pretty bad bootlegs but that's the worst.

funeral fag
Jun 23, 2004

Zodijackylite posted:

:stare: Is there any story behind it? I've gotten some pretty bad bootlegs but that's the worst.

I have no idea where it's from, a friend linked me to that picture and I've been giggling at it all morning.

Count Thrashula
Jun 1, 2003

Death is nothing compared to vindication.
Buglord

m-o-o-n posted:

This is the best bootleg

Oldstench
Jun 29, 2007

m-o-o-n posted:

This is the best bootleg

I can't even comprehend how this could have happened. It's like someone from Saudi Arabia read the tracklist over the phone to someone in Japan who typed out what he heard phonetically.

Bloodmobile
Jun 15, 2012

nomapple posted:

Check out Necrovomit, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zW1TDpbTEZA

Weregoat https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e91AQ-9fx5g

and Manticore https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J7xlyFt0qxQ

I Brake For MILFs
Jan 9, 2007

:syoon:

This extremely cold week we've been having in New England has really rekindled my love for black metal. I popped in "Filosfem" and it felt just right.

Count Thrashula
Jun 1, 2003

Death is nothing compared to vindication.
Buglord

lordblytzkrieg posted:

I popped in "Filosfem" and it felt just right.

I say this to myself at least once a month.

nomapple
Apr 27, 2012

lordblytzkrieg posted:

This extremely cold week we've been having in New England has really rekindled my love for black metal. I popped in "Filosfem" and it felt just right.

I listen to black metal regularly anyway, but sometimes I get grumpy and jaded with the genre, until I listen to Anthems to the Welkin at Dusk or Nattens Madrigal, and all is good again.

I've been on a bit of a Dissection kick lately, and I've got a confession to make... I found myself enjoying Reinkaos :blush:, particularly Black Dragon and Maha Kali.

funeral fag
Jun 23, 2004

nomapple posted:

I listen to black metal regularly anyway, but sometimes I get grumpy and jaded with the genre, until I listen to Anthems to the Welkin at Dusk or Nattens Madrigal, and all is good again.

I've been on a bit of a Dissection kick lately, and I've got a confession to make... I found myself enjoying Reinkaos :blush:, particularly Black Dragon and Maha Kali.

Reinkaos is a pretty decent album, gently caress the haters.

And yeah this is probably the best song in the world

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TuiBFmuJBZo

Less Claypool
Apr 16, 2009

More Primus For Fucks Sake.
Yeah I think Emperor nailed the "just the right amount of Symphonic elements in black metal" and that's why they own. Plus I think Ihsahn had one of the most badass vocals in black metal but a lot of people don't think so.

lordblytzkrieg posted:

I was listening to The Swan Road by Drudkh a few days ago while driving at night through some mountains and I was lost in a realm of overwhelming beauty, I felt like I was in a poem or some poo poo man it was awesome.

Less Claypool fucked around with this message at 15:48 on Jan 28, 2013

Oldstench
Jun 29, 2007

Yeah, Emperor gets poo poo on a lot, but most of their stuff is great. The transition from Alsvartr to Ye Entrancemperium still gives me goosebumps. Hell, I even really like IX Equilibrium. Regarding symph-bm, if you haven't given Limbonic Art a shot, you should at least check out Moon in the Scorpio and In Abhorrence Dementia. Those are far more on the symphonic side of things, but are really good albums. Nokturnal Mortum's Goat Horns will always be my favorite symph-bm album though.

funeral fag
Jun 23, 2004

"Witchcraft" by Obtained Enslavement is the album Dimmu Borgir should have made after Stormblåst:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aVMCEBmE0Ns

Oldstench
Jun 29, 2007

Early reports indicate that Henbane is, indeed, awesome. Can't wait until US distros get it in.

funeral fag
Jun 23, 2004

Oldstench posted:

Early reports indicate that Henbane is, indeed, awesome. Can't wait until US distros get it in.

Yeah it's quite a lot better than the youtube preview lead me to expect.

nomapple
Apr 27, 2012

m-o-o-n posted:

Yeah it's quite a lot better than the youtube preview lead me to expect.

Came here to post exactly this. May have to order it with the longsleeve. Hmmmm....

Also details of the new Horna album and a stream of one of the tracks are available HERE. Looking forward to this. I love the cover art.

Morbid Florist
Oct 22, 2002

and most importantly, I am free in all the ways that you are not.
I wish Horna stuck with the sotahuuto sound. It's the only album of theirs I can put on and not skip around songs

edit: However the new Koldbrann is pretty cool. Only part way through my first listen but I like this quite a bit even if I'd like the production with a little more dirt on it.
edit2: Ok the trumpet song with chicks in the chorus is pretty stupid but one bad song out of the whole album ain't bad. I liked Nekrotisk Inkvisition better but this is decent. Even a touch of, dare I say, groove here and there.

Morbid Florist fucked around with this message at 15:45 on Feb 4, 2013

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

the corpse of god is love.

Wolves in the Throne Room has been the only group I've listened to in my car for about 4 months now. Black Cascade is easily one of my favorite top 5 albums of all time.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s-5jxRN70Ro

Two Hunters is another excellent release:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rLfLBbSg_Cc

haljordan fucked around with this message at 16:21 on Feb 4, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sauska
Sep 12, 2012

That's funny because diadem of 12 stars is their best release