Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Crazy Old Clarice
Mar 5, 2007

Lefou, I'm afraid I've been eating... you.
I now have Valentines, stickers, and a cool extra surprise. I'll be working on putting things together this weekend and will get them in the mail after the inauguration. Yay, mail!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CatStacking
Jan 9, 2010

~A Purely Preposterous Pussy~

ManOfTheYear posted:

I just send pen-pal letters to Team Lunch, Niemat, Dushkani, Cuntvalet, thepitgoddess and lamb. In the making are the letters for 13Pandora13, panorama-change, kafkasgoldfish and Rickycat. The letters should arrive in the next 2 weeks.

Thanks for your patience guys!

Looking forward to receiving your letter immensely!

I've never been a pen pal before. What do you write about? :ohdear:

panorama_change
May 23, 2008

Inertia is a property of matter.

Got this awesome postcard from PezMaster. Thanks!!

panorama_change fucked around with this message at 01:13 on Jan 20, 2013

Niemat
Mar 21, 2011

I gave that pitch vibrato. Pitches love vibrato.

cuntvalet posted:

Looking forward to receiving your letter immensely!

I've never been a pen pal before. What do you write about? :ohdear:

Haha, you'll find out when you get my letter, too! ;) (spoiler alert: my letter is a little awkward. :ohdear: Writing one out of the blue is hard.)

PezMaster
Nov 15, 2006

Though they won't admit it, women were much happier when all they had to do was bake shit and pump out babies.
I got a Wiener Christmas card from 13Pandora13 - Wanna pet those dogs!

panorama_change posted:

Got this awesome postcard from PezMaster. Thanks!!

Glad it got to you! Also, Bluffernutter? I don't even.

Xamboni
Dec 27, 2005
Got a nice M. C. Escher card from Opera Bitch, who also pointed out that I left a number out in my zip code in my address in my previous post. Thanks for looking up the right number and the card! I'll repost my correct address here.

Tim E
310 Bayley Avenue
Platteville, WI 53818

God Bless Johnny
Dec 20, 2012

Have a cup of tea.
I'll be sending a bunch of things off later this week. They'll probably arrive a little bit early for Valentine's Day, but I just can't wait! Plus I'll be visiting a particularly lovely beach spot in early February, so who wants postcards from the Aussie east coast?

And I apologise in advance for my horrendous handwriting.

God Bless Johnny fucked around with this message at 05:52 on Jan 21, 2013

Shoozy
Apr 11, 2007

I got a start on my Valentine's cards this morning. Here's the obligatory fuzzy cell phone pic. I have a total of 40 cards that will go out. Wheee!

McFoxigator
Jun 13, 2011

Life is full of twicky decisions...
So I was away the last 4 or 5 weeks and I didn't get a chance to check my mail until yesterday. In any case, super special awesome thanks to IMJack, marlowe, cardboardRobot, JimmydaFish, and lamb for the awesome Christmas and New Year's cards!

lamb
Mar 9, 2004

A single act of carelessness leads to the eternal loss of beauty

Hi everyone, here's the "thanks" I owe, in alphabetical order:

Ashendar sent cats and trolls, Aunt Buck sent a lovely snowflake ornament (and how did you know I like X Files :tinfoilhat:, there were pretty cards from cardboard robot, cuntvalet and drawings from DLAO

IM Jack, Jimmy da Fish, LyonsLions - I LOVE the bookmark and stamps.

Meriruka, Molten Llama, Palette Swap, Pennymay and Revolther and Shoozy

Team Lunch and wwc

The best thing about the postcard folder is this image from the water park

We used to go there when I was a kid and we stayed at the Disney campground. It's abandoned now and looks like this:
http://www.imagineeringdisney.com/blog/2009/12/19/abandoned-disney-river-country-part-1.html

I would LOVE to see it now, but I love Disney too much to risk a lifetime ban.

You all made my Christmas just a little brighter and for that I thank you sincerely.

Lastly, I'm posting this here because I have nowhere else to post it. Lamb Jr (5 years old) did this for me because he knows I love Harry Potter. I can't be prouder. He even got the golden snitch in there!

Astroduck
Aug 30, 2006

Thank you Opera Bitch for the awesome card!

Yes, I have seen Monster Squad. Many Times. It is awesome and I own it on DVD. :cool:

kafkasgoldfish
Jan 26, 2006

God is the sweat running down his back...
Got two new pieces of mail last week! A Disney card from Tempura Wizard with a very nice note and a postcard describing (drunken?) shenanigans from Pez Master! Thanks guys! It's so lovely to find a little something in the mail box.

CatStacking
Jan 9, 2010

Mama Valet sends her thanks!

Palette Swap thank you so much for the card you sent my mom and the beautiful bracelet. She loves it and is so impressed that you made it for her!

She also got a card from a goon who sent an XFiles and Back to the Future trading cards, but can't read the signature! But she says thank you!

Thank you all for the cards for my mom. You guys really made her season bright!

Thermophonic Joy
Jan 6, 2009
I finally found some cute Valentines to send out. :3: Working on them right now!

Mine all came with 'Teacher' Valentines as well. Not sure what to do with those...

Rythe
Jan 21, 2011

Ohhh I am so excited for the Valentine exchange, can not wait to post all the great goony cards. For the Lego v-day stuff, the ones marked for you awesome Canadians will be sent out this Wednesday and the rest of the state side ones will be sent out a week and half after that, I am hoping they will all get there at the same time.

After V-Day, what is the next big card exchange holiday coming up anyways?

CatStacking
Jan 9, 2010

Rythe posted:

Ohhh I am so excited for the Valentine exchange, can not wait to post all the great goony cards. For the Lego v-day stuff, the ones marked for you awesome Canadians will be sent out this Wednesday and the rest of the state side ones will be sent out a week and half after that, I am hoping they will all get there at the same time.

A few birthdays and mothers day I reckon? Easter? Witches Lesser Sabbath?

panorama_change
May 23, 2008

Inertia is a property of matter.

cuntvalet posted:

A few birthdays and mothers day I reckon? Easter? Witches Lesser Sabbath?

Easter candy exchange?

lamb
Mar 9, 2004

Rythe posted:

The next really big one is Halloween, but I have a St. Patrick's Day and Easter mailings planned.

Thermophonic Joy
Jan 6, 2009
Looking back at the last few pages, it seems like a lot of my Goonmas cards never got to anyone. With the price of postage and the goonlove that went into them, that is so annoying!

I'm making my Goonentines a lot lighter this time. Maybe my envelopes weighed too much and they're all making their way back to me, very slowly? :smith:

Since I'm trying to write a letter for each one, they're going to be staggered over the next few days. lamb, whenworldscollide, cardboardRobot, KafkasGoldfish, and cuntvalet's are being sent out today, and then I have a dozen more or so to go out after some serious letter writing tomorrow. How do you guys think of anything to say?! Seriously... I feel like the most boring person on the planet. Sorry if my letters are lame.

Rythe, I am practically frothing at the mouth over this Lego thing. Please tell me something you like, so I can send you some awesomeness in return! :dance:

Opera Bitch
Sep 28, 2004

Let me lull you to sleep with my sweet song!

I was writing up some more Valentines Cards and had a few heart stickers left over. My conures were very curious as to my goings on, so I did what any self respecting bird owner would do and put a heart on their beaks and took pictures. Both Baby and Cheek begrudgingly let me and here are the results:

Baby:

Cheeky:

Anywho, I sent out 36 cards in total, most of them addressed to people in this thread as well as a few who posted in the Valentines one. I got The Pit Goddess's card and adorable cat magnet today. Yes, I understand Woodtick is a terrible name for a road and that it does not evoke a lovely mental image as a few goons point out to me every year when I participate in exchanging X-mas cards. :smith:

Bees on Wheat
Jul 18, 2007

I've never been happy

QUAIL DIVISION
Buglord
I got a pretty Valentine from DLAO today! :neckbeard: I have gotten very good at defusing confetti bombs since I started doing goon mail.

I also found a bunch of Christmas cards that never got sent out, so uh, I guess I'm going to stuff Valentines in the envelopes! :ohdear:

DLAO
Dec 20, 2004

Mizufusion posted:

I got a pretty Valentine from DLAO today! :neckbeard: I have gotten very good at defusing confetti bombs since I started doing goon mail.

EUREKA!!! I'm SO Overjoyed! I've started sending them out randomly. I'm almost out of stamps, so I will have to run and grab some more in a few days when I get paid (yay money)!

On my own receiving end, THANK YOU PITGODDESS for popping my Valentine's Day Card cherry! I LOVE LOVE LOVED IT!

Rythe
Jan 21, 2011

Yeahhhhh!!!!! Got my first goon V-Day cards of the season today from the wonderful Pit Goddess and Opera Bitch.

Pit Goddess: Thank you for the eye jarring pink card and the super awesome cat magnet that is currently residing on the refrigerator. I hope your move goes easy and great with no sore backs at the end of it all.

Opera Bitch: Thanks for the first V-Day glitter bomb of the year, getting pretty good at minimizing the damage those things cause :). The hamster stickers where great and the card was awesome (is it home made?). To answer your question, the wife and I are not huge on holidays like this, so we are going to go out and eat huge chunks of seared cow flesh at our favorite steak house.

Thermophonic Joy: Don't worry about anything for me too much please, I have a huge Lego collections and this is a nice way to get rid of some of it and send you guys some neat little holiday themed Lego presents. Though if you twist my arm I do love a lot of the classic nerdy thing, Doctor Who, Ninja Turtle, magic the gathering, old school video games and such. I am already working on a design for X-Mas and maybe any other holidays that might pop up. I just hope you guys like the simple little puzzle I am going to force you to build. :)

Shoozy
Apr 11, 2007
I sent out 39 Valentine's cards yesterday. It was going to be 40 cards but there was an incident involving an involuntary spasm and coffee. It wasn't pretty. They'll be writing songs and poetry about it for years.

I sent to everyone that sent me X-mas cards (I'm pretty sure) and then picked randomly from the address list. Hope y'all like 'em. I love V-day - my favorite card exchanging holiday. Something about it brings out the kid in me and I love the pink and red EVERYTHING during the Winter grayness.

DLAO
Dec 20, 2004

Shoozy posted:

Something about it brings out the kid in me and I love the pink and red EVERYTHING during the Winter grayness.

For some reason I read that as "I love the pink and red EVERYTHING during the Winter gayness ."

I had a giggle that you must REALLY enjoy the pink, but then realized that my brain must be love addled. I'm not really focusing on red, just PINK, everyone. Expect to see PINK and Hello Kitty.

pennymay
Nov 21, 2010
Ahh! Things got crazy for me for a few weeks and I kind of lost track of time until yesterday when I got a card from Opera Bitch! Thank you so much for the card (and the reminder to get my rear end in gear and make my own Valentines to send out :ohdear:)

Niemat
Mar 21, 2011

I gave that pitch vibrato. Pitches love vibrato.

Got a wonderful Valentine from DLAO and a Valentine letter from Opera Bitch today! :3: Both of you will be receiving some letters in the near future! :buddy:

(...mostly because I haven't had a chance to pick up any Valentines yet... But letters are cool, too!!! ...maybe?? haha)

lamb
Mar 9, 2004

Mizufusion posted:

Confetti bombs get me every time. Thanks DLAO!

Dushkani
Jun 25, 2012

Rarr.
I got a cute little postcard from PitGoddess yesterday. Thank you! I went all wibbly over the little raccoons. :3:

I'm working on valentines to send out. I'm working through the first week of classes, though, so it's going slowly.

CatStacking
Jan 9, 2010

PitGoddess!!! thank you for the lovely postcard. It cheered me up a lot from a rather long day!!!

Shoozy
Apr 11, 2007

DLAO posted:

For some reason I read that as "I love the pink and red EVERYTHING during the Winter gayness ."

I had a giggle that you must REALLY enjoy the pink, but then realized that my brain must be love addled. I'm not really focusing on red, just PINK, everyone. Expect to see PINK and Hello Kitty.

Well I went back to reread my post and I read "gayness" too.

I'll be perched at my mailbox waiting for Hello Kitty!

DLAO
Dec 20, 2004

Shoozy posted:

Well I went back to reread my post and I read "gayness" too.

I'll be perched at my mailbox waiting for Hello Kitty!

Heheh, I haven't gotten to your name yet--- I'm trying to be more organized this round of cheer sendage and not just randomly pick then suddenly not remembering wtf I sent cards out to already.

I'm glad people are getting my LOVE CHEER already though. HEHEHEHEHE

JimmydaFish
Apr 23, 2008

This is some serious argy-bargy!

Heart glitter bomb all over the kitchen counter! Thanks Opera Bitch for the really pretty card. And the somewhat creepy sticker on the envelope. ;)

And a thank you to Pit Goddess for the card for my mom. She is totally bemused by them but it has cheered her up. She is starting to feel better and I choose to believe the well wishes from internet strangers helped. Thanks again to everyone who has sent a card.

Thermophonic Joy
Jan 6, 2009
Opera Bitch!

Checked my mail yesterday and found not one, but TWO cards from you!

Thank you very much! The frog one was especially adorable. (Frogs, which I associate with SA, a part of my username on the card, and also 'exercise', which I now do for the first time in my life! A triple threat card.)

The other one is my first Valentine of the year, and it has a place of honour on the wall above my desk. Thanks, goonpal! Your valentine's incoming! :buddy:

Disargeria
May 6, 2010

All Good Things are Wild and Free!
I got my first adorable valentine and cat magnet from the lovely PitGoddess! Thank you!

thepitgoddess
Dec 23, 2009

Even Death Metal Monsters Love Cookies
I'm glad everything is making its way into the world! I know the Valentine's are really early, but I had an urge to write and a new box of 50 ct stationary, so what can I say?

I am moving soon, I'll have to post my new address when I get it.

I got cards from DLAO and Opera Bitch! I'm glad I'm not the only one sending early valentines! I was able to diffuse teh glitter bombs too. My grandma used to send me cards full of glitter, so I'm quite good now.

PezMaster
Nov 15, 2006

Though they won't admit it, women were much happier when all they had to do was bake shit and pump out babies.
I received two post cards - one form Pitgoddess (with silly ghosts that made me giggle) and the other from Disarseria (and now Killamajig is begging me to go to Harry Potter land this summer). I also got hit with a Opera Bitch confetti bomb - which is still all over our apartment elevator. So, really Opera Bitch, you spread Valentine's Day joy to everyone in our building :h:

I'll be working on all my valentines this weekend/week. Killamajig is out of town for a while on a conference, so I may or may not write erotic fan fiction to everyone on my goon mail list to try and woo a new short term SO. :pervert:

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

Shoozy posted:

I got a start on my Valentine's cards this morning. Here's the obligatory fuzzy cell phone pic. I have a total of 40 cards that will go out. Wheee!

Mine just came in today. Thanks!

when worlds collide
Mar 7, 2007

my feet firmly planted
on what, I do not know
Thermophonic Joy! I got your valentine today. I am so excited, such cool stickers and stuff, and a letter! I haven't read it yet, wanted to make sure you knew that I received the letter and the black hole of Canada Post didn't pull it into it's event horizon, bahaha. But I am really looking forward to settling in in an hour or so and reading it and starting a response. I forgot how much fun it is to have real letters. And your handwriting is lovely. Mostly I like to just send stuff to people without much personal commentary or anything, just a nice way to connect with someone and hopefully brighten their day somewhat. I'm grateful that you're reminding me how enjoyable it is to actually converse with letters. Wow I'm a dork. Anyway, thanks. :)

*edit- read it and what a nice letter, aww. Will send one in return. :)

when worlds collide fucked around with this message at 02:30 on Jan 26, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CatStacking
Jan 9, 2010

OperaBitch, thank you for the pretty card and the glitter bomb! You'd better believe I spent the entire time my boyfriend was making us dinner throwing heart confetti at him. Teehee!

MustardMaster/ManOfTheYear I got your letter and have really enjoyed reading it! Tried the Salmiaki too! Will be writing you back soon! :)

Yay! GoonMail is best mail.