Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lullabee
Oct 24, 2010

Rock a bye bay-bee
In the beehive
nah.

Lullabee fucked around with this message at 23:55 on Mar 21, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lucha Luch
Feb 25, 2007

Mr. Squeakers coming off the top rope!
32 weeks now. I was at my GP on friday for routine stuff and my BP was up to 144/80, which is pretty disconcerting because it HAD been fairly normal with the exception of a spike during some brother-in-law drama. There's no protein in my urine, no swelling, no headaches or anything of the sort, but my GP told me to cut salt out of my diet and come back on wednesday just to have it checked.

My baby had kind of a lazy weekend (except at nights where he flips and kicks the poo poo out of me) which is further adding to my anxiety and I'm not sure if I need to go in sooner than wednesday or if I'm just being unreasonable in expecting to feel him every waking second. His heart rate was perfectly normal on friday, and he kept me up half the night last night with his acrobatics, but he's just not as wiggly NOW (though if I lay down I CAN count 10 movements in about an hour and a half)

I also have no eaten much today because I have wicked heartburn and my stomach just feels full constantly, so I've just kind of been nibbling at fruit and biscuits and drinking water and milk. I'm afraid being paranoid of getting preeclampsia will give me preeclampsia.

Alterian
Jan 28, 2003

If it makes you feel any better about the heartburn, theres been studies that there's a correlation between heartburn in pregnancy and the baby being born with hair! I had moderate heartburn when I was pregnant and Jasper was born with the most hilarious Fraggle hair.

Lyz
May 22, 2007

I AM A GIRL ON WOW GIVE ME ITAMS

Bad Munki posted:

Okay, you're right, the original point of the whole thing doesn't stand at all.

:siren: PLEASE NOTE :siren: two cell phones will NEVER EVER work as an impromptu baby monitor should you find you need one in whatever situation you are in! :downs:

Yes, it was the baby monitor solution that everyone had a problem with.

Thank you, move on.

Schweig und tanze
May 22, 2007

STUBBSSSSS INNNNNN SPACEEEE!

Dandy Shrew posted:

32 weeks now. I was at my GP on friday for routine stuff and my BP was up to 144/80, which is pretty disconcerting because it HAD been fairly normal with the exception of a spike during some brother-in-law drama. There's no protein in my urine, no swelling, no headaches or anything of the sort, but my GP told me to cut salt out of my diet and come back on wednesday just to have it checked.

My baby had kind of a lazy weekend (except at nights where he flips and kicks the poo poo out of me) which is further adding to my anxiety and I'm not sure if I need to go in sooner than wednesday or if I'm just being unreasonable in expecting to feel him every waking second. His heart rate was perfectly normal on friday, and he kept me up half the night last night with his acrobatics, but he's just not as wiggly NOW (though if I lay down I CAN count 10 movements in about an hour and a half)

I also have no eaten much today because I have wicked heartburn and my stomach just feels full constantly, so I've just kind of been nibbling at fruit and biscuits and drinking water and milk. I'm afraid being paranoid of getting preeclampsia will give me preeclampsia.

I was in the same boat around 32 weeks, had a couple of weird BP readings that weren't out of range but were a little higher than they'd been. I was super paranoid about PE. It passed eventually, my BP remained normal, and the longer I went without a real problem the less I worried about it.

It's normal for babies to have lazy periods, I personally wouldn't worry unless there was absolutely no movement for awhile. Do your best to try and relax and not worry unless something seems truly wrong, I wish I had done that because now I am so uncomfortable that's it's impossible to relax and enjoy things :) now I'm just ready for him to be on the outside!

UltraGrey
Feb 24, 2007

Eat a grass.
Have a barf.

Sockmuppet posted:

Me :hfive: Also girl. I had an incredibly vivid dreams some years back where I "met" my future daughter in a wonderful house filled with family and friends, both living and those who'd passed away, where I after a while felt that I had to wake up now, so I said good-bye to everyone, and lastly my daughter, and I started crying, and she hugged me and told me "Don't worry, mum, we'll meet again!" And then I woke up all :aaaaa:

Hah, that is an awesome dream :D

I have no idea what got me so set that it is a girl, especially considering I always said when I have a baby I wanted a boy for my first child.

skeetied posted:

The lactation consultants at the hospital I delivered at highly recommend Tommee Tippee for breastfed babies. I used them for quite some time and didn't have any complaints.
Thanks! Added those to my wishlist too.. I'll definitely get a few different brands of bottles to try but I don't want to just add different bottles at random so, the suggestions are very helpful.

Schweig und tanze
May 22, 2007

STUBBSSSSS INNNNNN SPACEEEE!

Greycious posted:

Hah, that is an awesome dream :D

I have no idea what got me so set that it is a girl, especially considering I always said when I have a baby I wanted a boy for my first child.

Thanks! Added those to my wishlist too.. I'll definitely get a few different brands of bottles to try but I don't want to just add different bottles at random so, the suggestions are very helpful.

It sounds dumb but I thought right from the beginning that ours would be a boy. I don't put much stock into intuition or whatever, but anytime I thought about the baby before we knew I always thought of it as a him. We had hoped at first for a girl but as soon as we found out he was a boy it didn't matter, we were in love :) Now at this point I can't imagine having a daughter, all my thoughts have been about my little boy :3:

Sockmuppet
Aug 15, 2009
I also kind of want a girl because it took me years to find a way to name a girl after my mum, and if I can't use the name now, I have to keep it secret until our next kid, who also might or might not be a girl, and I'm just about bursting with the name as it is :3:

Also I think this question got lost in the whole baby monitor :byodood: discussion, and since I recommended that he post it here I'll feel bad if he doesn't get any replies:

raej posted:

My wife and I have been married almost 2 years after dating a while and knowing each other for over 10 years. I've finally gotten the baby bug and we've discussed the possibility of having a child.

One thing that's standing in the way is my wife is very anxious about having children. She loves kids, has raised a nephew from birth while her sister finished college, and knows she'd be a great mother. We went to half priced books to find any books on pregnancy anxiety, but they are all about being anxious DURING pregnancy. What we would like to find is a book for the time before that. Getting over the getting pregnant anxiety. She's worried about the feeling of having something grow in her, or how her body will change, if she'll gain weight, etc.

Most books start with "Congrats on being pregnant!" which skips the part we're struggling with. Does anyone have any recommendations on books, or sites to deal with this issue for us?

dreamcatcherkwe
Apr 14, 2005
Dreamcatcher

Sockmuppet posted:

Also I think this question got lost in the whole baby monitor :byodood: discussion, and since I recommended that he post it here I'll feel bad if he doesn't get any replies:

The only suggestion I have is that she read up on pregnancy and exactly how everything works. Maybe more knowledge will make her feel less anxious. That usually works for me.

iwik
Oct 12, 2007

skeetied posted:

The lactation consultants at the hospital I delivered at highly recommend Tommee Tippee for breastfed babies. I used them for quite some time and didn't have any complaints.

I did researchy things before Soren came along and grabbed a box of the Tommee Tippee 'Closer to Nature' series for expressing - it had a pump and bottles. Now that he is comp feed I bought more of the same in differing sizes (a microwave steriliser pack with more bottles included, plus some extra) & he goes between boob and bottle with no issues whatsoever.

The cool thing with them is that there is a little sippy cup called an 'Explorer' in the same series for when they are 4 months+ and it has a removable handle that fits the bottles as well, now that Soren is attempting to hold his own bottles the handle comes in really handy because of his little hands.

Acrolos
Mar 29, 2004

Lyz posted:

I wouldn't be too hasty about returning clothes and other stuff, unless the outfit is so hideous you can't stand to look at it. There will be those days where it seems like every poo is a blowout and it's nice to have backups so you don't have to do laundry every other day. Or the day the baby just spits up on every fresh outfit you change him into.

And bibs.. I was convinced I was buried in the drat things but when Chris started eating three times a day I ended up buying more.

So unless you desperately need the cash I would keep it all. Babies have a knack for dirtying clothes and you'll always need 2 to 3 times more clothes than you think you need.

Yeah, we ended up only needing to return about 6-7 outfits (some hideous, a few that were premie clothes for some reason as well), along with a baby food maker that had some terrible reviews, and a baby carrier that didn't fit me properly. Babies R' Us was great about the returns. Everything we brought back was a Carters item, and they accepted all but one that wasn't in their system.

All in all, the returns were enough to buy us all of the breast feeding pieces we needed, along with a changing pad.

I think at this point, we probably have about 100-150 outfits, plus a ton of generic onesies for around the house, so I'm hoping we'll be good. The bibs definitely are something we're going to need to invest in, because we didn't get many of those.

On the subject of buying baby stuff...I don't know if this is common knowledge or not, but we stumbled into a Burlington Coat Factory while we were out yesterday. They had nearly everything that was remaining on our registry from Babies R' Us and Target, and the prices were much better. I was shocked by how much cheaper they were on many things. We ended up spending a few hundred bucks and bought nearly everything we needed to finish up our shopping. If we would have bought the stuff at BRU, I'm convinced it would have been at least 50% more expensive.

A friend of ours is having a baby next week, for instance, and we bought them a Diaper Genie Elite. We had just purchased it at Babies R' Us for $49.99. We ended up grabbing it at Burlington Coat Factory for $24.99, and were able to buy them two of the refill packs at the same cost (we returned the other one to BRU).

Acrolos
Mar 29, 2004

Greycious posted:

I'll most likely be finding out the baby's sex this week, I'm very excited but I'm pretty nervous too.

My mom and I both think it is a girl. I just have this feeling it's a girl, I've had it from pretty early on. I'm starting to get a little worried that if it isn't a girl I'll be a little..confused for a couple days. I've been trying not to get it so stuck in my head that it is one sex or the other but I just can't seem to shake that it is in fact a girl. :confused:

Has anyone else felt like they just knew the babies sex like that? And...if you were right or wrong? I feel so dumb for getting so set on thinking it was one or the other. It just sort of happened :shobon:

My wife was absolutely convinced that we were having a girl, and she was correct. She said that she never even had a doubt that it was anything but a girl, and she didn't even think about boy names because she didn't think there was a point.

I think she just got lucky, but she claims that she knew from the moment she got pregnant.

sheri
Dec 30, 2002

Acrolos posted:

My wife was absolutely convinced that we were having a girl, and she was correct. She said that she never even had a doubt that it was anything but a girl, and she didn't even think about boy names because she didn't think there was a point.

I think she just got lucky, but she claims that she knew from the moment she got pregnant.

I just had a really strong feeling it was a boy from early on in the pregnancy, and we found out about 1.5 weeks ago that I am indeed having a boy. I would have been SHOCKED had he ended up a she, but would have been happy either way.

Greycious-- don't worry about it. If it isn't a girl, you're going to be so amused to see the little one in the ultrasound that it will not matter either way. :)

sudont
May 10, 2011
this program is useful for when you don't want to do something.

Fun Shoe
I just assumed I was having a boy; his father has 2 other sons, most of my family is boys. But because of that, I thought "that probably means I'll have a girl", I only picked out girl names andddddd I'm having a boy. :)

skeetied
Mar 10, 2011

iwik posted:

The cool thing with them is that there is a little sippy cup called an 'Explorer' in the same series for when they are 4 months+ and it has a removable handle that fits the bottles as well, now that Soren is attempting to hold his own bottles the handle comes in really handy because of his little hands.

I bought several of those cups when my son was four months old so we could put the handles on his bottles. He loved them!

Bubble Babble
Apr 12, 2004

talk talk talk
blah blah blah
HAND ALLIGATOR
Hello!

I figured I should introduce myself, since I'm sure I'm going to have a million questions soon.

I'm 16 weeks (tomorrow) pregnant with our first child, due mid-July. I'm 32 (OLD) and really only feeling anxiety about being a parent, not pregnancy or labor, though my husband is going to be such an awesome dad that I know we'll be okay.

I haven't told anyone at work, though I think I look hugely fatter, and don't plan to, as my contract there expires before I'm 20 weeks. I'm just hoping not to show before then.

I'm still having pretty awful morning sickness, though not like Greycious. Speaking of whom, you gave me tons of hope because if you were making it through your awful nausea, then I could too. :) So thanks! I appreciate you being so open and honest.

I got to hear the baby's heartbeat for the first time last Thursday. I have an extremely tilted uterus, so before that we couldn't get a heartbeat or a belly ultrasound done. However, I became quickly acquainted with why people objected so hard to the mandatory ultrasound bills (besides the obvious).

I'm going to see midwives for my care, but will be giving birth in a hospital. My mom lost a baby at 7 month and at birth (cord around his neck) so I'm not taking any chances.

So... hi, everyone! Including Tatiana!

MoCookies
Apr 22, 2005

Cinderella posted:

Also as a side note, my husband is moving to a new company, and they give paid time off for both new dad's and mom's...
In my current job I am allowed up to one year leave for child birth and taking care of the newborn. Normally, people here leave 1-2 months before they are due, then spend the rest of the time at home with the baby before they come back. I also get around 6-7k USD at the time of birth through my insurance at my company, but no pay check in the meantime (at least I think- I might get like 40% pay or something? I should check this out maybe :downs: ).

What would be the best way to take advantage of this amount of time we can both spend with our child? I am hearing how tough newborns are, so would it be a huge advantage to have my partner with me the first few months, or so should I stay at home with the baby for 3 months, then let him take over for 3 months? I am interested in seeing other people's input!

I think how to split up parental leave really depends on the personalities involved. We had a similar situation, and my husband ended up taking off about 8 weeks to be home with us full-time. We don't have any family here, so it's pretty much always just the two of us + the baby. Him being home was great for the first two weeks while we were getting into a routine and while I was physically recovering. After that, I was ready for him to go back to work because he was getting on my nerves. Maybe I would have felt differently about it if he was cheerfully cooking, cleaning, and doing laundry during all his free time, but being useful around the house is just not his forte. It was easier for me to be at home alone for 11 hours with a newborn than with an active, 10-month old. Newborns are tough, yes, they're also fairly simple at least. I find the non-stop action of an older baby/toddler more exhausting, but everybody's different.

UltraGrey
Feb 24, 2007

Eat a grass.
Have a barf.

sheri posted:

Greycious-- don't worry about it. If it isn't a girl, you're going to be so amused to see the little one in the ultrasound that it will not matter either way. :)

Oh I'm sure I'll be happy either way. I just want it to be healthy of course.

Bubble Babble posted:

I'm still having pretty awful morning sickness, though not like Greycious. Speaking of whom, you gave me tons of hope because if you were making it through your awful nausea, then I could too. :) So thanks! I appreciate you being so open and honest.

Well I'm glad to hear you're battling through yours too :)

I was starting to feel a little better recently, but now I have a horrible cold that has set me back. I have a feeling once I get rid of this cold though things will get much better..I'm hoping gag-free days are in my near future!

I've been on a cantaloupe kick lately. The stuff tastes amazing to me, and it even smells amazing to me which is even crazier!

Valdara
May 12, 2003

burn, pillage, ORGANIZE!
Blankets and food were a hit. I took fresh-baked bread, butter rolls (easier to grab and eat with one hand, no slicing involved), a couple containers of hot beans fresh from the crock pot, fruit salad (sadly, I made too much to fit in the container. I had to eat the abandoned soldiers), and since my husband forgot to turn on the rice cooker she got a couple containers of whole grain pasta instead of brown rice. I also added in a bar of dark chocolate. I figure that can never go wrong.

I also ended up making the blankets out of lightweight cotton flannel. Instead of 3 blankets for $45, I made 5 for $25 worth of materials. I also have tons of that cotton gauze stuff (once I finally figured out what the hell they were calling "muslin") already in my fabric stash, so I can make her some summer blankets, as well, if he's still being swaddled here in a few months when it warms up.

Tutorial to make a blanket:

Buy fabric
Cut in square
Hem
Give to recent mother who is too busy/exhausted to make them herself

bamzilla
Jan 13, 2005

All butt since 2012.

I know no one mentioned this, but you can also just use flour sack cloths that are like 5 for $5 at Walmart. They're big and super absorbent if you fold them (people even use them to fold into cloth diapers as doublers overnight). I love them.

Acrolos
Mar 29, 2004

For those that have already had their babies, what are the thoughts on diaper pails? I have seen mixed thoughts on them...

The arm and hammer model tends to have the best reviews, but it only holds 25 at a time, compared to a much larger amount (at least I think) on the diaper genie.

I've also seen a fair number of people who suggest not bothering with them at all.

bilabial trill
Dec 25, 2008

not just a B

Acrolos posted:

For those that have already had their babies, what are the thoughts on diaper pails? I have seen mixed thoughts on them...

The arm and hammer model tends to have the best reviews, but it only holds 25 at a time, compared to a much larger amount (at least I think) on the diaper genie.

I've also seen a fair number of people who suggest not bothering with them at all.

Are those the special trash cans for diapers? We've never had one because our bathroom is tiny, and I haven't missed it. Maybe I would have liked it if we did have it, I don't know. I toss them in the regular trash. I get these little thin plastic bags to put the poop diapers in and tie it closed so it doesn't stink.

Kubricize
Apr 29, 2010

Acrolos posted:

If you have the money to spend on them and refills or whatever go for it. We never used the one we received and put in her room since we had her stay in our room and did most of the changing on our bed or dresser so we gave it away. Same with our changing table. We just ended up putting the disposables we used in a biodegradable bag and tossing them in the kitchen garbage or straight into the garbage outside if they were really gross and rancid when she started solids.

Mnemosyne
Jun 11, 2002

There's no safe way to put a cat in a paper bag!!
I have a Diaper Genie Elite, and I think it works great. The caveat here is that we're only just starting to dabble in solids, and the poop doesn't really start to stink until you're eating solids.

Fionnoula
May 27, 2010

Ow, quit.
I just use a kitchen trashcan with a lid. I had a diaper champ, but eventually it just seemed like the plastic was permeated with stink. We switched to a cheap kitchen trashcan so we can replace it easily if it gets horrible.

skeetied
Mar 10, 2011

rectal cushion posted:

I toss them in the regular trash. I get these little thin plastic bags to put the poop diapers in and tie it closed so it doesn't stink.

This is what we do as well.

soft kitty
Dec 7, 2012

raej posted:

One thing that's standing in the way is my wife is very anxious about having children. She loves kids, has raised a nephew from birth while her sister finished college, and knows she'd be a great mother. We went to half priced books to find any books on pregnancy anxiety, but they are all about being anxious DURING pregnancy. What we would like to find is a book for the time before that. Getting over the getting pregnant anxiety. She's worried about the feeling of having something grow in her, or how her body will change, if she'll gain weight, etc.

Most books start with "Congrats on being pregnant!" which skips the part we're struggling with. Does anyone have any recommendations on books, or sites to deal with this issue for us?

I would advise getting a pregnancy book and skipping the "congrats" part. She can read up on the different things that happen during the pregnancy. For me, more knowledge reduces my anxiety. That said, every pregnancy and every woman is different. She could have a super smooth pregnancy, gain only 10 pounds and never get morning sickness or she could get unexpected complications.

I personally like "What to Expect When You're Expecting" as well as "What to Expect Before You're Expecting." Some people don't like the series because it does mention things that could go wrong, but I liked all the information. For a more causal tone, but less info, "The Girlfriend's Guide to Pregnancy" is good.

Lyz
May 22, 2007

I AM A GIRL ON WOW GIVE ME ITAMS

Acrolos posted:

I have the arm and hammer one, it's served me well. It is rather annoying that the bag holds more diapers than the pail allows you to put in, but the bags close up nice and tight so I always just took it out and kept filling it, I could get another ten or so easily.

Once your kid gets started on solids though I don't think the pail is that effective at stopping the smell, or maybe it just burns through the baking soda too fast. It is super easy to open up and spray down with bleach though.

frenchnewwave
Jun 7, 2012

Would you like a Cuppa?

soft kitty posted:

I would advise getting a pregnancy book and skipping the "congrats" part. She can read up on the different things that happen during the pregnancy. For me, more knowledge reduces my anxiety. That said, every pregnancy and every woman is different. She could have a super smooth pregnancy, gain only 10 pounds and never get morning sickness or she could get unexpected complications.

I personally like "What to Expect When You're Expecting" as well as "What to Expect Before You're Expecting." Some people don't like the series because it does mention things that could go wrong, but I liked all the information. For a more causal tone, but less info, "The Girlfriend's Guide to Pregnancy" is good.

I would also recommend Belly Laughs by Jenny McCarthy. Ignore her previous cray cray comments linking vaccines and autism ... this is a pretty funny book that pokes fun at the crazy changes and experiences that come with pregnancy. It made me feel normal about craving cheeseburgers for three months and having to pee every 5 minutes.

Also, it might be good for your wife to just talk to some women who have been through it. In my opinion a book won't really prepare you. Someone who will be real and honest about it all is much more useful and reassuring.

sullat
Jan 9, 2012

soft kitty posted:

My wife and I found the "Let's Panic about Babies" book to be entertaining and somewhat informative.

bamzilla
Jan 13, 2005

All butt since 2012.

I have and still use the Diaper Genie Elite II after 3 years and on my second baby when we break from cloth time to time. We just throw pee diapers in the trash though. Ours hasn't developed any lingering smells.

tse1618
May 27, 2008

Cuddle time!
I use an empty plastic 40 lb cat litter pail since I had lots of them around thanks to the cat. The lid clamps on real tight and I can't smell anything from it.

Hastings
Dec 30, 2008
I just want to vent that I am 32 weeks in, and all I want to do is kill people (not really, but you get the point). I feel so guilty and awful because everyone, including my husband, makes me feel angry now. And don't even get me started on wanting to sleep all the time and the hot flashes. I love this little guy already, but geez, I cannot wait for him to get out!

Actually raej, most of the fears and weirdness of pregnancy start to go away after the first trimester. I'm not going to lie, I felt pretty lovely when I first got pregnant. I felt ugly and powerless because I had no control over what was happening to me. But then I saw that ultrasound and that anxiety of pregnancy just went away. Precisely because then it felt real. It does feel awesome feeling the baby grow. I know the unknown is a terrifying thing, but as someone who was anxious about getting pregnant, the best thing you can do is to just breathe and try to not think about it. It'll happen when it happens and she'll adapt swimmingly. :)

Lullabee
Oct 24, 2010

Rock a bye bay-bee
In the beehive
nah.

Lullabee fucked around with this message at 23:55 on Mar 21, 2017

Awesome Kristin
May 9, 2008

yum yum yum

Lullabee posted:

He's head down, I'm full term, and completely tired and done with this pregnancy.

My son was head down 2 days before I went in to labor and then at the hospital in triage I hear "I don't feel a head. Let's do an ultrasound real quick."

Hastings
Dec 30, 2008

Lullabee posted:

That doesn't get better/go away, by the way. I'm 37 weeks as of Monday and done with everyone. No matter what, I'm always in a bitchy/bad mood. A friend's doctor told her and her husband that the last month or so, it's just gonna be bad. She's gonna be in a bad mood, she's gonna be in pain - all you can do is try to help as much as possible, and stay low.

I asked my doctor about tests and such, he said I'm measuring on the smaller side of average, even with gestational diabetes, so he's not concerned about little man being too big/needing tests. I asked about induction as well, and he said he won't let me go too far over my due date, but really wants me to go into labor naturally, so they're not going to induce me before 40 weeks either. I'm really hoping I go before my due date. I'm beyond miserable - I can't even go to Target to pick up toilet paper or walk up the flight of stairs to my apartment without having a 'take my breath away' contraction. Of course, they never last, always disappearing after 20 minutes or so. Gonna hit up the mall this weekend, do some laps. He's head down, I'm full term, and completely tired and done with this pregnancy.

Oh God, this is my future. :( I already can't walk a block without wanting to grab a street sign and pulling an inhaler out of thin air. I'm not too bad contraction wise, but I definitely start to feel some pressure on my organs, especially the ovaries from his weight. Even lying down and sleeping I just feel as if I'm gasping for air since he takes up so much room. If I get offered to be induced, I'm totally taking it.

Hughlander
May 11, 2005

Is there a thread for suggestions on baby gear / nursery stuff or is it acceptable here? I'm looking into a Video Baby Monitor that has wifi and iOS/Android client availability. I swear that when I last looked at this I saw that 'Wifi Baby' was just a rebranded camera made by a 3rd party and the original ran for like $119 on some discount sites. But when I went to look for it last night I couldn't find that. Anyone know what I'm talking about?

Also trying to figure out a primary stroller. We're thinking Britax B-Agile Stroller with the Car seat adapter frame for the Chicco we already have, anyone have good or bad things to say about that?

bamzilla
Jan 13, 2005

All butt since 2012.

Hughlander posted:

Also trying to figure out a primary stroller. We're thinking Britax B-Agile Stroller with the Car seat adapter frame for the Chicco we already have, anyone have good or bad things to say about that?

I don't have that exact stroller, but I do have a Britax stroller and it's fantastic. Britax is a really good brand.

skeetied
Mar 10, 2011

Hughlander posted:

We use a phil & teds explorer as our primary stroller (walking five to six miles per day) and love it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alterian
Jan 28, 2003

Why don't you just get a wifi webcam? It doesn't have to be specifically for baby monitoring. I imagine thy'd jack up the price and you wouldn't get as good of a product. We're going to look into getting one soon so we can turn it on when he naps and I can keep the door closed when one of us is with him and working from home. Right now i use the crappy webcam on my laptop and start a skype video chat and just leave it pointed at him while I'm downstairs on my desktop.

I was looking at this one. I want to get something under $100. I don't need anything too fancy that does recordings and motion censes. http://www.amazon.com/Foscam-FI8910W-Network-Camera-Two-Way/dp/B006ZP8UOW/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1359042865&sr=8-3&keywords=wifi+webcam

Alterian fucked around with this message at 16:56 on Jan 24, 2013