Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Cechmanek posted:

I don't if I just never noticed it before, but I love that Ronald has the McDonald's logo on his robes. Gotta keep promoting that brand.

It would have been awesome if Ronald, while strangling Tails, had cackled out old McDonald's slogans ("KEEP A SMILE ON, TAILS! I'M LOVIN' IT! IT'S WHAT I EAT, IT'S WHAT I DO! HAHAHAHA!").

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MoreLikeTen
Oct 21, 2012

The farmer's mistake was believing he had any control over his life.

HarkToTheLoons posted:

sometimes
theres need
for us to paste
ourselves

Never thought I'd fall for one of these. Did anyone end up taking this?

scarycave
Oct 9, 2012

Dominic Beegan:
Exterminator For Hire

Manwithastick posted:

Gruntilda!!

(I can hope can't I?)

Oh god yes.
That could totally happen. Lazy has drawn Banjo doing a "Naruto sprint" before.

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

MoreLikeTen posted:

Never thought I'd fall for one of these. Did anyone end up taking this?

I do believe it is yours.

timeandtide
Nov 29, 2007

This space is reserved for future considerations.
I, for one, would not mind if this became like some sort of One Piece or Beserk and went on for hundreds of chapters.

Like we'd still be posting in this thread 5 years from now, talking about how much better the latest TGT page is than the latest Dominic Deegan epilogue page.

ThatPazuzu
Sep 8, 2011

I'm so depressed, I can't even blink.
Can you imagine how confusing TGT would get after 5 years? You'd have Stick Stickley being the head of the illuminati while the Ham Burglar infiltrates the New Slaiyers to assassinate Jerry Seinfeld, the cyborg.

ComradeCosmobot
Dec 4, 2004

USPOL July

ThatPazuzu posted:

Can you imagine how confusing TGT would get after 5 years? You'd have Stick Stickley being the head of the illuminati while the Ham Burglar infiltrates the New Slaiyers to assassinate Jerry Seinfeld, the cyborg.

And I would be perfectly okay with that. Well, except for the Seinfeld thing. Doesn't really fit the setting.

Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

I want to care, butt I dont

ComradeCosmobot posted:

Well, except for the Seinfeld thing. Doesn't really fit the setting.

Have you not read this comic at all? Jerry Seinfeld could get introduced tomorrow as a wizard cyborg and I wouldn't spend a second wondering why

Breadallelogram
Oct 9, 2012

ComradeCosmobot posted:

And I would be perfectly okay with that. Well, except for the Seinfeld thing. Doesn't really fit the setting.

Did you seriously just say something doesn't "fit the setting" of TGT?

Arrrthritis
May 31, 2007

I don't care if you're a star, the moon, or the whole damn sky, you need to come back down to earth and remember where you came from

Febreeze posted:

Have you not read this comic at all? Jerry Seinfeld could get introduced tomorrow as a wizard cyborg and I wouldn't spend a second wondering why

His special power is questioning the troll's every move.

Also he cannot be killed (because he sacrificed his mortality which took the form of Larry David)

ComradeCosmobot
Dec 4, 2004

USPOL July

Breadallelogram posted:

Did you seriously just say something doesn't "fit the setting" of TGT?

I know, I'm an iconoclast, but the fact of the matter is this: No non-OC character has been introduced to TGT that is not either from a game, comic, or cartoon (with Football Guy being the exception that proves the rule). That and that alone is why Seinfeld doesn't fit the setting.

FunkyAl
Mar 28, 2010

Your vitals soar.

ComradeCosmobot posted:

I know, I'm an iconoclast, but the fact of the matter is this: No non-OC character has been introduced to TGT that is not either from a game, comic, or cartoon (with Football Guy being the exception that proves the rule). That and that alone is why Seinfeld doesn't fit the setting.

So Jerry Seinfeld in Bee Movie, then.

E; Or better yet, Buntain Simpson

FunkyAl fucked around with this message at 07:53 on Jan 23, 2013

Praddy
May 20, 2006

HarkToTheLoons posted:

sometimes
theres need
for us to paste
our selves

Sorry, it was bugging me. Fixed it for you.

Is this taken
Mar 30, 2011

thats so fucking cool

ComradeCosmobot posted:

Uh I don't want to be a stick in the mud, but Kermit is from a puppet show.

:goonsay:

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

NEVER FUCKING TAKE A NIGHT OFF CLAN WARS.
If you're trying to claim Ronald McDonald is from a cartoon I'll tell you to go to hell. He'll always be the creepy statue in the play pen to me.

my dad
Oct 17, 2012

this shall be humorous

Hellsau posted:

If you're trying to claim Ronald McDonald is from a cartoon I'll tell you to go to hell. He'll always be the creepy statue in the play pen to me.

They all float down here, Georgie.

ComradeCosmobot
Dec 4, 2004

USPOL July

Is this taken posted:

Uh I don't want to be a stick in the mud, but Kermit is from a puppet show.

:goonsay:

Muppet Babies.

Hellsau posted:

What about "Ronald McDonald is from a comic?"

But you obviously understand my point: they're all characters, not "human comedians".

Chunderstorm
May 9, 2010

legs crossed like a buddhist
smokin' buddha
angry tuna

Praddy posted:

Sorry, it was bugging me. Fixed it for you.

I can't believe I missed that.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

nerdbot
Mar 16, 2012

If that

MEAN
WILE

is a transition to Wile E. Coyote, it'll be the greatest thing ever.

my dad
Oct 17, 2012

this shall be humorous
Hello Kitty's eyes. :gonk:

Looking at them feels like staring into the abyss...

ThatPazuzu
Sep 8, 2011

I'm so depressed, I can't even blink.
Look at Tails' reaction to being touched by a girl. He's such a goon. :allears: Anyway, I hope Hello Kitty and Miles Prower will be a romance to last the ages.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
I love how the Mean While cuts to a blank wall.

Breadallelogram
Oct 9, 2012

"Alright, I'm going to inform
Pacman, Keep in eye out for
Ronald Tails"

El Belmondo
Apr 3, 2011

by XyloJW

my dad posted:

Hello Kitty's eyes. :gonk:

Looking at them feels like staring into the abyss...

I swear to god they keep getting bigger.

my dad
Oct 17, 2012

this shall be humorous
:words: incoming

Lazerbot posted:

i do got 2 questions with you on the forum and I've been wondering about for some time. ok question one what is your obsession with grammar? i understand its important but when there's a part that theres instead of there's i don't see much of a relevance to mention that difference or act like you don't know what i was aiming for or to explain to everyone else what i was aiming for lol but non the less its humorous :D question 2 what is with your obsession of assuming I'm tracing. even know i told you other wise.. i mean for months even longer then that every thing is grammar this and hes tracing that. I'm not angry i am just curious to your explanations for these things :D so its more of a friendly question then a I'm angry so tell me. just would like to hear why you think I'm tracing and your guys need to have all grammar perfect. so touchy with grammar even know its not that big of a deal

ClownSyndrome
Sep 2, 2011

Do you think love can bloom on bob-omb Battlefield?
edit: too slow

LazerBot posted:

words

I'm sorry :(

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

I love my lazyB but he has the grammar of a 10 year old who dropped out of school at 5 and grew up on the internet. Actually no that's not quite right, he honestly has some pretty special and unique spelling and grammar issues that don't fit into the typical mistakes and issues children raised by the internet often fall into. I've never seen anyone write quite like lazerbot.

Breadallelogram
Oct 9, 2012

LB posted:

your guys need to have all grammar perfect

If this was the truth, I would have stopped reading the comic ages ago. Honestly the grammar/spelling mistakes in TGT are a huge part of the charm. Sure, we joke about it, but I don't think anyone in this thread is against these errors.

ComradeCosmobot
Dec 4, 2004

USPOL July

Baronjutter posted:

I love my lazyB but he has the grammar of a 10 year old who dropped out of school at 5 and grew up on the internet. Actually no that's not quite right, he honestly has some pretty special and unique spelling and grammar issues that don't fit into the typical mistakes and issues children raised by the internet often fall into. I've never seen anyone write quite like lazerbot.

And honestly, that's part of his charm. There's time for good grammar and time for bad grammar, and with lazerbot, I'm willing to side with the latter. Same thing with the tracing.

EDIT: Part of the charm of Tails Gets Trolled is lazerbot's wordplay, which fundamentally depends on the "wrongness" of his grammar and spelling. Whether it's deliberate or accidental on lazerbot's part is irrelevant; what matters is the result, and if that means accepting "bad grammar" then so be it. lazerbot's style would not be nearly as distinctive or notable without the quirks of his spelling and grammar, and the work would be impoverished without it. "Ironic like" doesn't even have to enter the picture to properly commend lazerbot's all-but-willing manipulation of the English language, and to dismiss the grammar as "irrelevant" to the work is to dismiss a fundamental aspect of lazerbot's writing. All writers have a style, and ignorance of what makes up one's style is to deny something of the writer's work itself.

ComradeCosmobot fucked around with this message at 18:46 on Jan 23, 2013

Paramemetic
Sep 29, 2003

Area 51. You heard of it, right?

Fallen Rib
There were some awful big facial closeups. I bet there are clues about someone being an illusion, they've definitely been infiltrated.

Edit: Yes. Hello Kitty is an illusion. In the past, Hello Kitty has had 5 petals on her flower.

. . . I can't believe I'm seriously looking back over these things to look for illusions. Lazerbot has achieved a truly immersive experience.

Edit2: Kermit might also be an illusion, he has a second line under his lip that has never been there, but that might just be to show his emotion.

Paramemetic fucked around with this message at 18:53 on Jan 23, 2013

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

ComradeCosmobot posted:

And honestly, that's part of his charm. There's time for good grammar and time for bad grammar, and with lazerbot, I'm willing to side with the latter. Same thing with the tracing.

Lazerbot has claimed from the beginning that he never traces anything. What he's asking in the second part is why people are so convinced that he does.

Doctor Hospital
Jul 16, 2011

what

If I had to guess, it'd be because he has improved so rapidly.

I was honestly pretty amazed at how much better LazyB has become. I'm sure with a little more time his art will improve even further. That said, there are some areas where there is clearly work needed. Mainly with anatomy and shots of people running, but the first one can easily be written off because the story takes place in a world where cartoon characters are fighting each other over trolling, and the second one wouldn't take all that much to improve.

Wanamingo
Feb 22, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
I think the tracing accusations come from how the older characters used to be drawn very well and very consistently, versus, say, his rendition of Batman which kept changing shape.

Are we sure he knows what tracing actually means, and doesn't just think we're accusing him of something completely different?

ComradeCosmobot
Dec 4, 2004

USPOL July

Paramemetic posted:

Edit: Yes. Hello Kitty is an illusion. In the past, Hello Kitty has had 5 petals on her flower.

Not always.

Paramemetic
Sep 29, 2003

Area 51. You heard of it, right?

Fallen Rib

Haha, yeah, actually. Looks like she has 6 later, too. But they are always big and wide and not narrow. This could be the real deal.

Teriyaki Koinku
Nov 25, 2008

Bread! Bread! Bread!

Bread! BREAD! BREAD!

Paramemetic posted:

Haha, yeah, actually. Looks like she has 6 later, too. But they are always big and wide and not narrow. This could be the real deal.

But what if Hello Kitty never existed and was just an illusion all along? :stare:

simplefish
Mar 28, 2011

So long, and thanks for all the fish gallbladdΣrs!

LazyB, nobody is against your grammar. If it mattered that much, we would have stopped reading. Just that some of your misspellings and such can make a person think about extra meanings (like "paste yourself") which just adds more to the comic. Other things make certain lines stick out, and thus stick in our memories ( "THOUGHS EYES"). Again, this adds something extra. I take it as a plus point.

As for the tracing thing, I haven't seen it said much except way back when you first started to improve your art, and like one guy two pages ago bringing it up again.

The bottom line is we love TGT, don't worry about things, keep it fresh, keep it real, keep it you, and we're all good under the hood.

tiistai
Nov 1, 2012

Solo Melodica
I love how Tails doesn't even hug back and keeps the conversation going.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ZearothK
Aug 25, 2008

I've lost twice, I've failed twice and I've gotten two dishonorable mentions within 7 weeks. But I keep coming back. I am The Trooper!

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

Considering the evidence so far, I'm inclined to believe the Defenders are all illusions created by someone who's not very sure of what Batman looks like.