Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
I can't believe I'm reading a comic about a budding romance between Hello Kitty and Tails from Sonic, and enjoying it.

Lazerbot if you're reading this, don't worry about the grammar. We chilled our pills about that a long time ago.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Forktoss
Feb 13, 2012

I'm OK, you're so-so
Seriously, don't worry about it. Even if we do make fun of the grammar a bit you shouldn't take it as criticism, it's a big part of the charm and we genuinely love every malapropism and misplaced comma. Just keep doing your thing and we couldn't be happier. :tipshat:

scarycave
Oct 9, 2012

Dominic Beegan:
Exterminator For Hire
Mass Guessing Time!
-Ronald will stumble into the Troll-King in the jungle as he makes his escape and is killed easily, the Troll King finds the defenders.
-Ronald will use his illusions to incapacitate Cheetoman during an ambush outside, Tails will kill Ronald in combat.
-Hello-Kitty is Ronald.
-Pac-man has been killed by the Troll King during the chaos, Kermit will be killed.
-Pac-man is Ronald.
-Batman is Ronald.
-Everyone is Ronald.
-Ronald will join the trolls and become troll pope.
-Ronald is going to die in the most over the top way possible. Many avatars will spawn from this moment. We'll keep talking about it for days.
-The whole story is brought on by the Trix-Rabbits mental problems, he's actually in a sanitarium - his robes are a straight jacket. The other defenders are the same, that's why their all crazy and paranoid.

scarycave fucked around with this message at 20:14 on Jan 23, 2013

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Lazerbot I think people used to think you were tracing because your art was very static and consisted of close-ups of characters that looked like they could have been easily traced from stills or other art. I don't think you were tracing, just using a lot of close-ups at similar angles.

ComradeCosmobot
Dec 4, 2004

USPOL July
Well, in the interest of keeping you guys informed about the ongoings of tgt.com, I'm slowly inching towards my goal of properly tagging characters in and fixing post dates for all of the comics (only chapters 13, 14, and 15 to go), after which I hope to work on a concordance/dialogue search. If anyone wants to help with the latter, I'd be happy to take any contributions!

(Oh, and I suppose I still need to add the "canan" (EDIT: and other pseudo-cananical) pages)

ComradeCosmobot fucked around with this message at 20:28 on Jan 23, 2013

horriblePencilist
Oct 18, 2012

It's a Dirt Devil!
Get it?

ThatPazuzu posted:

Look at Tails' reaction to being touched by a girl. He's such a goon. :allears:

To be fair, he could have handled it a lot worse.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dkls0ciI8l0

soscannonballs
Dec 6, 2007

So next month is the one-year anniversary of this thread. Any chance we get another motion comic before then? Also, I am guessing that the whole scene with Ronald attacking Tails and everything to this point has all been one big illusion by Ronald to gently caress with/humble Tails.

ThatPazuzu
Sep 8, 2011

I'm so depressed, I can't even blink.
LB, look at our Troll Slaiyer gang tags. We love your misspellings and grammar mistakes.

scarycave
Oct 9, 2012

Dominic Beegan:
Exterminator For Hire

ComradeCosmobot posted:

Well, in the interest of keeping you guys informed about the ongoings of tgt.com, I'm slowly inching towards my goal of properly tagging characters in and fixing post dates for all of the comics (only chapters 13, 14, and 15 to go), after which I hope to work on a concordance/dialogue search. If anyone wants to help with the latter, I'd be happy to take any contributions!

(Oh, and I suppose I still need to add the "canan" (EDIT: and other pseudo-cananical) pages)

Do you still need that Rob memorial video for the memorial page? I remember somebody saying something that I should finish it and put it on a memorial page somewhere. Or did this conversation never happen and I'm making a complete fool of myself again?

horriblePencilist posted:

To be fair, he could have handled it a lot worse.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dkls0ciI8l0

I don't if its my rekindled spark in cartoon stuff or not, but I was thinking a much manlier version of this:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6PNRPouqD_M

ComradeCosmobot
Dec 4, 2004

USPOL July

scarycave posted:

Do you still need that Rob memorial video for the memorial page? I remember somebody saying something that I should finish it and put it on a memorial page somewhere. Or did this conversation never happen and I'm making a complete fool of myself again?

I think I mentioned making such a page, but I don't think I ever made it.

EDIT: Looks like script search won't be too big a problem to add.

ComradeCosmobot fucked around with this message at 21:24 on Jan 23, 2013

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747
Grammar and spelling: it's certainly distinctive. Even though I've noticed you're getting better at that too. Not there yet, of course, but there is progress. The fact that these mistakes are not only those that are seen constantly on the net (confusion between there/they're/their, or between it's and its, and so on) makes it amusing rather than annoying. There's even a lot of unusual mistakes you make that are borderline poetic. In a way, it feels more like you're using an exotic dialect of written English rather than like you're making mistakes.

Tracing: I don't think you actually trace the pictures, but more that you take time transitioning from the model of the picture that you imitate to something else. For example, look at how Sylvester is nearly always drawn front and close, whereas Cheeto Man is nearly always drawn in profile at a slight angle, looking toward the left, and with the back of his head cut away by the panel border.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

If his grammar and spelling are getting more orthodox, it's not because he's trying. Clearly he doesn't consider it important.

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

Data Graham posted:

If his grammar and spelling are getting more orthodox, it's not because he's trying. Clearly he doesn't consider it important.

I dunno, he started using periods at the end of sentences instead of endless commas after we talked about it in the thread. Though that could of course be a coincidence.

ComradeCosmobot
Dec 4, 2004

USPOL July

vyelkin posted:

I dunno, he started using periods at the end of sentences instead of endless commas after we talked about it in the thread. Though that could of course be a coincidence.

He's always used periods at the end of sentences. (Although he sometimes leaves them off altogether)

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva
Before Shakespeare the English language was a little fast and loose, spelling and grammar wise. After Lazerbot it will return to the way it was before. Five hundred years later we still say things like "with baited breath." 500years hense wil be saying chill youre pill.

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

ThatPazuzu posted:

Look at Tails' reaction to being touched by a girl. He's such a goon. :allears: Anyway, I hope Hello Kitty and Miles Prower will be a romance to last the ages.

The question is, could this look gay to the viewers?

Vogon Poet
Jun 18, 2004

Someone bought me this custom title because they think I kick ass at Photoshop. They happen to be right.
For me, and I think for a lot of people, TGT started off as something I enjoyed because it was "so bad it's good" and over time turned into something that I genuinely appreciate. And part of what made it so hilarious at first was the horrible grammar. Now, even as the art has improved dramatically, I still find the questionable grammar to be an indispensable part of the TGT style. When I make a post pointing out a funny word usage, I'm doing it to show my enjoyment, not to criticize. But I can see how it would be weird for the author when people are enjoying his comic not only for things he did intentionally (like the crazy plot twists, hilarious character portrayals, and greatly improved art) but also for things he did unintentionally ("it is was not a quintessence us meating today" is still one of my favorite things from the comic). All I'd say to Lazerbot regarding grammar is try not to worry about it; we love your writing just the way it is.

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

SniperWoreConverse posted:

Five hundred years later we still say things like "with baited breath."
The bated/baited confusion always reminds me of this poem, where the wrong form is deliberately made into the right one:
Cruel Clever Cat
Sally, having swallowed cheese,
Directs down holes the scented breeze,
Enticing thus with baited breath
Nice mice to an untimely death.

-- Geoffrey Taylor

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Vogon Poet posted:

For me, and I think for a lot of people, TGT started off as something I enjoyed because it was "so bad it's good" and over time turned into something that I genuinely appreciate. And part of what made it so hilarious at first was the horrible grammar. Now, even as the art has improved dramatically, I still find the questionable grammar to be an indispensable part of the TGT style. When I make a post pointing out a funny word usage, I'm doing it to show my enjoyment, not to criticize. But I can see how it would be weird for the author when people are enjoying his comic not only for things he did intentionally (like the crazy plot twists, hilarious character portrayals, and greatly improved art) but also for things he did unintentionally ("it is was not a quintessence us meating today" is still one of my favorite things from the comic). All I'd say to Lazerbot regarding grammar is try not to worry about it; we love your writing just the way it is.

This is where I stand, though there are times the fan base is wonky

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

KNEEL BEFORE THE WICKED KING!

scarycave posted:

-The whole story is brought on by the Trix-Rabbits mental problems, he's actually in a sanitarium - his robes are a straight jacket. The other defenders are the same, that's why their all crazy and paranoid.

If Trix Rabbit being the TGT version of Tommy Westphall is somehow not-canon, I will now be oddly disappointed.

Of course, that said, I probably wouldn't be were LazyB to come up with something even crazier either.

scarycave
Oct 9, 2012

Dominic Beegan:
Exterminator For Hire

Dragonatrix posted:

If Trix Rabbit being the TGT version of Tommy Westphall is somehow not-canon, I will now be oddly disappointed.

Of course, that said, I probably wouldn't be were LazyB to come up with something even crazier either.

Pac-mans in solitary.
Chester is on an experimental anti-depressant drug - WEED.
Trix-Rabbit, nuff said.
Ronald just escaped the facility.
Vivian has massive gender confusion.
Batman - Identity crisis. It's just some guy in a suit.
Arthur, self mutilation of his face. Put in for his own protection.
Skeeter - Out of control Auto-Erotic Asphyxiation fetish.
Doug, Killed a man for running over Pork Chop.
Hello Kitty, inappropriate working mannerisms.

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747
And don't forget:

Tails - PTSD (Post-Trolling Stress Disorder)

nerdbot
Mar 16, 2012

LazyB nooooo, I'm sorry for everything I've ever said, I'm an overanalytical oval office. Don't change a thing about your comics or your grammar dude.

my dad
Oct 17, 2012

this shall be humorous
More :words:

Lazerbot posted:

Are we sure he knows what tracing actually means, and doesn't just think we're accusing him of something completely different?
yes i know what tracing is. its when you use a drawing and copy it the position or the pose for a picture. I'm not an idiot Wanamingo lol

Lazerbot posted:

Seriously, don't worry about it. Even if we do make fun of the grammar a bit you shouldn't take it as criticism, it's a big part of the charm and we genuinely love every malapropism and misplaced comma. Just keep doing your thing and we couldn't be happier commented by Forktoss.
I'm not worried but asking a simple question is all

vvv :clint: You'll have to be quicker on the draw next time.

my dad fucked around with this message at 23:50 on Jan 23, 2013

ThatPazuzu
Sep 8, 2011

I'm so depressed, I can't even blink.
E: f; b

Redeadagain
Jan 10, 2009

this shall be
humorous
Don't stop LazyB. Whatever you do, don't stop. That's all.

scarycave
Oct 9, 2012

Dominic Beegan:
Exterminator For Hire
Just noticed the tracing discussion, and went to see where it started up from...so I looked for the earliest comment of tracing from the last page and...

scarycave posted:

Sometimes when I see the epic art shifts like with that kick, I sometimes wonder if Lazy is tracing...

It was man.

Well I'm probably not the first one to think this but it's because of how the art-shifts - for like a split-panel it looks like it was drawn by someone else and that the whole panel seems familiar like it was in another media like a Tv-show or movie. Though there's only so much ways that you can perform certain expert martial art techniques so that could be why.

I'm assuming that he's just using a reference image or something though and not full-blown out tracing.

ComradeCosmobot
Dec 4, 2004

USPOL July
And at last, all of the pages have now been tagged with characters and had their post times corrected. Chapter 1 has even been loaded into the search box for textual search! The remaining chapters will be loaded over the next few weeks.

Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

I want to care, butt I dont
Stop discussing this stuff and let the man create in peace. The more we talk, the more influence we exert because he wants to please us, the more watered down the comic gets. Genius needs space. Genius needs freedom.

Lazerbot, to achieve your true potential, you must not only ignore your critics, but also occasionally your fans.

SuperMechagodzilla
Jun 9, 2007

NEWT REBORN

TheRamblingSoul posted:

But what if Hello Kitty never existed and was just an illusion all along? :stare:
At first, you wondered if everything was a dream. Now you wonder if it is an illusion.

If an illusion or day-dream takes place, there will be an explanation before or afterwards. Everything else is, in fact, real.

I just want to clear up this sort of drug addict discussion and proceed with my good day. ^^

Vogon Poet
Jun 18, 2004

Someone bought me this custom title because they think I kick ass at Photoshop. They happen to be right.

ComradeCosmobot posted:

And at last, all of the pages have now been tagged with characters and had their post times corrected. Chapter 1 has even been loaded into the search box for textual search! The remaining chapters will be loaded over the next few weeks.

You are doing a great thing here. Keep up the good work!

Undead Unicorn
Sep 14, 2010

by Lowtax
SuperMechagodzilla, please make an essay anazlying the themes of Tails Gets Trolled and why it succeeds instead of comics like CAD..thank you.

ff7cid
Jun 27, 2008

Beartato! I just became aware of the vast speed at which we are hurtling through the universe! Now it's all I can think about!

ComradeCosmobot posted:

This is the kind of thing that will be passed onto future generations.

MustelaFuro
May 6, 2007

Evolution: Reproduction of the fit enough.
“It is a drat poor mind indeed which can’t think of at least two ways to spell any word.” - Andrew Jackson

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

"i turn them all to dust" - Andrew Jackson

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

"It's a duel, bitch. I'll let you take the first shot before I beat you to death." -Andrew Jackson

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva
"you loving badie, noob, hows it like having your face kicked into the dirt hahah? you should of uninistalled a long time ago faygle, hahahahaha!!!"
-Sun Tzu

nerdbot
Mar 16, 2012

"He who fights monsters should be careful that he himself does not become a monster."
-Shadow the Hedgehog

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Febreeze posted:

Stop discussing this stuff and let the man create in peace. The more we talk, the more influence we exert because he wants to please us, the more watered down the comic gets. Genius needs space. Genius needs freedom.

Lazerbot, to achieve your true potential, you must not only ignore your critics, but also occasionally your fans.

I find your lack of faith disturbing.

(Lazerbot please put Darth Vader in your comic okay.)

Completely unrelatedly:

Lazerbot posted:

Lazerbot, to achieve your true potential, you must not only ignore your critics, but also occasionally your fans. said by Febreeze no need to worry about influencing me. you guys aren't gonna change anything :D

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

vyelkin posted:

I can't see coincidence without thinking of quintessence. Lazerbot!