Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

nomapple
Apr 27, 2012

Look what arrived today! It looks and sounds great, even if it is really rough around the edge for some reason.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Uncle Boogeyman
Jul 22, 2007

CPL593H posted:

Does anyone know a US based website that sells the Deep Red (aka Profondo Rosso) soundtrack?

I'd be interested in this as well.

morningdrew
Jul 18, 2003

It's toe-tapping-ly tragic!

I bit the bullet on an Audio Technica LP120 and it came yesterday :swoon:

Still have a problem with my hardwood floors causing skippage, though not as bad as my Pioneer :(

alg
Mar 14, 2007

A wolf was no less a wolf because a whim of chance caused him to run with the watch-dogs.

Really really want this Django Unchained OST. But. 45 loving dollars.

http://www.myplaydirect.com/django-unchained-soundtrack/django-unchained-soundtrack-2-lp-vinyl/details/27932767

jesus christ.

lament.cfg
Dec 28, 2006

we have such posts
to show you

Did any of you guys buy the Man With The Iron Fists OST from Soul Temple?

I never got it (the loving $100 Deluxe edition, of course) and they haven't responded to like 6 emails.

PayPal is way over the period for filing a claim.

I don't know what to do here.

Oldstench
Jun 29, 2007

Let's talk about where you're going.

CPL593H posted:

Does anyone know a US based website that sells the Deep Red (aka Profondo Rosso) soundtrack?
There a several up on eBay. :20bux::20bux: though.

Oldstench
Jun 29, 2007

Let's talk about where you're going.

alg posted:

Really really want this Django Unchained OST. But. 45 loving dollars.

http://www.myplaydirect.com/django-unchained-soundtrack/django-unchained-soundtrack-2-lp-vinyl/details/27932767

jesus christ.
Top comment: "What if we were to sell the vinyl for a price so outrageous you'd have to say no? Gentlemen, you had my curiosity, now you lost my attention."

trilobite terror
Oct 20, 2007
BUT MY LIVELIHOOD DEPENDS ON THE FORUMS!

nomapple posted:

Look what arrived today! It looks and sounds great, even if it is really rough around the edge for some reason.

:swoon::swoon::swoon::swoon:

That's pretty tits.

ChiTownEddie
Mar 26, 2010

Awesome beer, no pants.
Join the Legion.

Electric Bugaloo posted:

:swoon::swoon::swoon::swoon:

That's pretty tits.

I spent all last night playing my 7"s after getting that record. So good.

alg
Mar 14, 2007

A wolf was no less a wolf because a whim of chance caused him to run with the watch-dogs.

nomapple posted:

What is this?

ChiTownEddie
Mar 26, 2010

Awesome beer, no pants.
Join the Legion.

alg posted:

What is this?

Touche Amore and Pianos Become the Teeth's split that came out pretty recently.
http://www.topshelfrecords.bigcartel.com/product/pianos-become-the-teeth-pianos-become-the-teeth-touche-amore-split-7-inch
Its fantastic.

Crumbletron
Jul 21, 2006

IT'S YOUR BOY JESUS, MANE

traveling midget posted:

I never got it (the loving $100 Deluxe edition, of course) and they haven't responded to like 6 emails.

I got mine a while back. They had pressing issues because of Sandy but the label sent an email with a voice recording of RZA apologizing a bit before I got it. On the other hand, my buddy hasn't gotten his regular edition either :(

Also I want my copy of that split so bad but I made the mistake of buying a split that comes out in April in the same order :suicide:

lazywhiteboy
Sep 11, 2006

not everybody's cup of tea

traveling midget posted:

Same deal here..I've sent 8 emails and bombed RZA's twitter and I haven't gotten an answer back. I did get an email with the voice recording around December 15 saying that the LP would ship the next week.

I'm pretty pissed. If Sandy caused issues then they need to refund everybody.

lament.cfg
Dec 28, 2006

we have such posts
to show you

Yeah the MP3 email was the last thing I got. I've been emailing them direct to their gmail and through the website since, and haven't even gotten a loving reply.

WrongWayKid
Sep 11, 2012
Thanks Snowy and The Read Menace. Both of those links contained at least a few of the correct versions I was looking for. Thank you so much for the help.

Kolchak
May 3, 2006

If I don't tell this story now, I don't think I ever will.

WrongWayKid posted:

I collect punk/alternative/hip hop/rock vinyl. I guess my genres are varied, but I like a lot of like 90s music. Grunge, skate punk, ska etc. Anybody out there have stuff they sell, or know of a good person to talk to for that kind of stuff?

More specifically. Fat Wreck Chords released a box set recently of 18 of NoFX's 7"'s in two different sets. One was standard edition (all on gold vinyl lmtd/1800) and the other was the special edition (each on a different color, lmtd/1200)

http://www.fatwreck.com/record/detail/252SPECIAL

I'm looking to get my hands on an unopened colored edition. I know its a shot in the dark but I figured other vinyl collectors out there would understand what its like to be searching for something and give me a pass on my longwinded request. Any help or potential leads are appreciated. Thanks!
I've got an opened coloured edition, if you're interested. It's just sitting on my shelf taking up space, cuz I've got the original pressings of almost everything that's in it (I still dunno why I bought it).

The Read Menace
Apr 4, 2003

ChiTownEddie posted:

Touche Amore and Pianos Become the Teeth's split that came out pretty recently.
http://www.topshelfrecords.bigcartel.com/product/pianos-become-the-teeth-pianos-become-the-teeth-touche-amore-split-7-inch
Its fantastic.

You bastards. They sent me an email saying mine was SENT today. I want it now!

Kevar
Jan 1, 2005
gimmar

The Read Menace posted:

You bastards. They sent me an email saying mine was SENT today. I want it now!

Mine got delivered over a week ago, but I had it sent to my dad's house because I'm moving at the end of the month and the release date was Jan. 22. I didn't want to risk it getting delivered here after I moved. Don't know why I doubted that topshelf would send it out inhumanly fast, but now I have to drive 2 hours to go get it.

Farts Domino
May 8, 2004

I posted this in the turntable thread in IYG but I might have just as much luck here. Does anybody happen to have an AT-PL120 that they'd want to swap for an AT-PL120-USB? My radio station needs the remote start capability that was removed before the USB version and they're pretty hard to find since the USB replaced it.

Cemetry Gator
Apr 3, 2007

Do you find something comical about my appearance when I'm driving my automobile?
I found this Mr. Rogers record we used to listen to growing up. Now, it's scratched to hell, but I'd be surprised and disturbed if someone had a near mint Mr. Rogers record. Anyway, one of the songs... well, it certainly hasn't aged well for anyone who isn't a child.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gQCgstmT08w

Ah, my introduction to the Oedipus complex. I really wonder what else is on those children's records I had growing up. The only one that's still playable is The Follow that Bird soundtrack, which is worth it just for the Grouch's anthem.

Ron Burgundy
Dec 24, 2005
This burrito is delicious, but it is filling.
If you can find a copy of the seemingly pretty scarce King Friday XIII Celebrates LP there is a song on there Meow Meow Beautiful which is amazing. Doesn't really fit the rest of the album. It was featured on the Letterman show, the "Dave's record collection" segment when that was still a thing.

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice
It's been a while since I last ran into someone who didn't know how to pack a record.

Who are these guys who think a paper wrapper is good enough for intercontinental post?

theradiostillsucks
Feb 3, 2006

I am the undisputed king of an infinite amount of nothing, don't correct me when I'm wrong, I'm proud to wear the crown of fools
For those interested in the Deep Red soundtrack, Forced Exposure has two different pressings in stock, one for $20 and one for $36. They're not-so-hot when it comes to telling you when something is out of stock though, so be aware of that. They're based out of MA and ship pretty quick (chances are, they're probably where your local record store, if applicable, gets a good chunk of their cool poo poo). Easiest way to find them I guess I to search "Goblin" on their site. Do yourself a favor and snag the Umberto and Xander Harris releases that show up in the search results while you're at it.

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

I know what you did last summer, and frankly I am displeased.

theradiostillsucks posted:

For those interested in the Deep Red soundtrack, Forced Exposure has two different pressings in stock, one for $20 and one for $36. They're not-so-hot when it comes to telling you when something is out of stock though, so be aware of that. They're based out of MA and ship pretty quick (chances are, they're probably where your local record store, if applicable, gets a good chunk of their cool poo poo). Easiest way to find them I guess I to search "Goblin" on their site. Do yourself a favor and snag the Umberto and Xander Harris releases that show up in the search results while you're at it.

Thanks. I what way are they bad at telling you poo poo is out of stock? Also, have you ordered from then because the site looks kinda sketchy.

edit: I just noticed they have a new website and it lists the Deep Red Soundtrack as out of stock.

CPL593H fucked around with this message at 02:09 on Jan 25, 2013

JehovahsWetness
Dec 9, 2005

bang that shit retarded
Yeah, the new beta FE has been around for awhile now and is much better about stock levels and is pretty close to real time. They're a major distro for small labels so reasonably in demand/small run stuff can sell out relatively quick as stores put in their orders.

I've order tons of poo poo from FE for years and they're awesome, quick and flat rate shipping, etc. Them and Aquarius are basically the go-to for oddball / niche poo poo that's not easily gettable directly from the label.

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

JehovahsWetness posted:

Yeah, the new beta FE has been around for awhile now and is much better about stock levels and is pretty close to real time. They're a major distro for small labels so reasonably in demand/small run stuff can sell out relatively quick as stores put in their orders.

I've order tons of poo poo from FE for years and they're awesome, quick and flat rate shipping, etc. Them and Aquarius are basically the go-to for oddball / niche poo poo that's not easily gettable directly from the label.

Do they have an actual store front? I live in Massachusetts, so I could just go there.

JehovahsWetness
Dec 9, 2005

bang that shit retarded
Nope, strictly a warehouse operation. They're a distro for hundreds of labels so a brick and mortar store would be an enormous undertaking. Although start clicking through their releases by month/digging through their stock, they carry tons of awesome stuff and some boutique-ey reissue stuff like shadoks, time-lag, etc.

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

JehovahsWetness posted:

Nope, strictly a warehouse operation. They're a distro for hundreds of labels so a brick and mortar store would be an enormous undertaking. Although start clicking through their releases by month/digging through their stock, they carry tons of awesome stuff and some boutique-ey reissue stuff like shadoks, time-lag, etc.

I left the site because I decided it would be best to not do that.

strap on revenge
Apr 8, 2011

that's my thing that i say
Nearly done now :byodood:

Just 4 more purchases and I will finally be able to start saving more money for this US trip I am doing :woop:

The Read Menace
Apr 4, 2003

How do you guys store your records? I've seen a lot of people put the record outside of the jacket still inside the plastic sleeve. Is this really necessary? Do you put all your records in plastic sleeves (even 10"s and singles)? Also, someone posted a ziplock-style sleeve a while back - did anyone ever figure out how to get those?

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

The Read Menace posted:

How do you guys store your records? I've seen a lot of people put the record outside of the jacket still inside the plastic sleeve. Is this really necessary? Do you put all your records in plastic sleeves (even 10"s and singles)? Also, someone posted a ziplock-style sleeve a while back - did anyone ever figure out how to get those?

The whole record outside the cover thing is to prevent ringwear. I don't do it because I don't care that much and honestly ringwear isn't as common as people think as far as I've seen. I prefer to keep the records inside the album covers because that's another layer of protection against dust. After I clean what ever I've recently purchased I replace the original sleeve with a Mo-Fi non-abrasive anti-static inner. Then I put a plastic outer sleeve over the album cover. I guess people generally use the outer sleeves to protect the covers bu my main concern is keeping out the dust. I didn't know there were zip lock style record sleeves until recently when someone posted about it here. I'll probably be looking into those. And yes I do the same thing for singles.

strap on revenge
Apr 8, 2011

that's my thing that i say
I use those round bottom plastic inner sleeves for everything that doesn't come with poly-lined paper sleeves. Too many of the records I own have printed inner sleeves which I am predisposed to keeping / using so I just chuck a separate sleeve in there. I do it for 7", 10" and 12" releases. I use heavier duty outer sleeves where possible, I actually just ordered 100 of those Ultimate Outer 5.0 sleeves, will post impressions of those when they arrive.

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice

CPL593H posted:

After I clean what ever I've recently purchased I replace the original sleeve with a Mo-Fi non-abrasive anti-static inner.

You're not throwing the original sleeves away, are you? :monocle:

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

Darthemed posted:

You're not throwing the original sleeves away, are you? :monocle:

If they're just generic white sleeves, then yes. If they have artwork on them I obviously keep those. I don;t give a gently caress about collectability or resale value because I don't intend to sell any of this poo poo and I don't buy anything because it's a collectable. All of my records are to be played.

dutch wife abc
Apr 25, 2012

The Doo Do Chasers posted:

Also, attention Coil fans! Soleilmoon is repressing the Sickness of Snakes side of their split with Current 93:

Well, it finally arrived. The pressing plant was delayed by over three months, but it's here now.

Boyd Rice's liner notes are really insightful and cool. Apparently they used Kate Bush's syntheseizer for this record.

eggsovereasy
May 6, 2011

I put the records in a mofi sleeve and the jacket in some outer sleeve from bags unlimited. I keep the record outside the jacket, but inside the outer sleeve just because it's easier to take in and out.

The Doo Do Chasers
Dec 27, 2008

:fella:Life is overwhelming:fella:

dutch wife abc posted:

Well, it finally arrived. The pressing plant was delayed by over three months, but it's here now.

Boyd Rice's liner notes are really insightful and cool. Apparently they used Kate Bush's syntheseizer for this record.

Yeah I was surprised at how tender and warm Boyd Rice sounded, I never pegged him for a sentimental dude.

7lip
Mar 25, 2009

Don't tell me the moon is shining; show me the glint of light on broken glass.

nomapple posted:

Fuuuckk, where is mine dammit! I also don't even remember what colour I got (but I remember I got mine from Topshelf, not Deathwish), so it's GOING TO BE A SURPRISE YAY!!

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

If anybody is still looking for the Profondo Rosso soundtrack they've got it on insound. If you enter the code firstfeb15 you can get 15% off.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Schremp Howard
Jul 18, 2010

What attitude problem?

7lip posted:

Fuuuckk, where is mine dammit! I also don't even remember what colour I got (but I remember I got mine from Topshelf, not Deathwish), so it's GOING TO BE A SURPRISE YAY!!

Still waiting on mine from Topshelf, so I wouldn't be too worried.