Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

csm141
Jul 19, 2010

i care, i'm listening, i can help you without giving any advice
Pillbug
The deathclaw gauntlet is the key against mirelurks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

Fuck it then. For another pit sandwich and some 'tater salad, I'll post a few more.

Anything about Napoleon: Total War

I played the poo poo out of Rome:TW, but couldn't really get into Empire, if only because the "when do I shoot with my guys, and when do I charge them into the enemy" thing kept confusing me.

Edit - Also, I have no idea what to do in sea battles.

Xander77 fucked around with this message at 09:09 on Jan 22, 2013

NihilCredo
Jun 6, 2011

iram omni possibili modo preme:
plus una illa te diffamabit, quam multæ virtutes commendabunt

Geektox posted:

I kind of want to give Skyrim and Fallout 3 another go. In both games I was very engaged by the story, but my early-level character was constantly being killed by really stupid enemies like fire mages or those walking crab things or whatever so I ragequit. Assume I just suck at Bethesda combat, are there any mods that make combat or character progression a little easier?
For Skyrim, first, the game is fun at any difficulty (since it's far more about exploration and screwing around rather than tactics and skills), so don't worry about putting it on Easy if you haven't already. Secondly, to avoid the wilderness encounters like fire/lightning mages, you can spend your early levels doing quests and sticking to cities and roads as much as possible (even using carriages / fast travel if you want). The main quest will pretty early make you climb a mountain with a frost troll in the way, that's designed to be a potential "go gain a few more levels" moment so if his first punch knocks off half your health just run away and join a guild or something.

Also, look for Dervenin in Solitude. He starts one of the most fun quests in the game, which also requires zero combat AND rewards you with a really fun, really powerful weapon.

PS: If you're playing on PC, install SkyUI.

Kevin DuBrow
Apr 21, 2012

The uruk-hai defender has logged on.
So I just got Shogun: Total War 2. I can win out against hopeless odds in a land battle, but send me with the best fleet in Japan against a few gunboats and I get everyone killed. Is there something I'm missing?

Elendil004
Mar 22, 2003

The prognosis
is not good.

Anything for S.T.A.L.K.E.R: Call of Pipyrat? I played SoC before but that was ages ago. So far I am trying to loot everything and this is resulting in me running back a lot.

GuavaMoment
Aug 13, 2006

YouTube dude

Elendil004 posted:

Anything for S.T.A.L.K.E.R: Call of Pipyrat? I played SoC before but that was ages ago. So far I am trying to loot everything and this is resulting in me running back a lot.

If you loot everything you run around a lot. If you get over 100000 RU then you get an achievement that makes traders sell much better equipment.

Use anabiotics (the stuff that makes you survive emissions outside) three times. Another achievement unlocks which will allow you to survive emissions if you have sufficient health. Being outside during emissions just looks so pretty. :)

zombieman
Aug 8, 2003

That's one happy fucking egg!
I've been given Damnation, Portal 2, Sacred 2: Fallen Angel and Dead To Rights: Retribution (All for the Xbox 360) by a friend. Any tips on any of them. I've read what the wiki has to say on Sacred 2, but if anyone has any more advice, it would be appreciated.

lowercase16
Apr 19, 2008

Cyclops actually has two eyes.

Anything for Ni no Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch?

I know it just came out, but it's been out for a while in Japan. I'm hoping someone here is a import gamer.

ahobday
Apr 19, 2007

lowercase16 posted:

I know it just came out, but it's been out for a while in Japan. I'm hoping someone here is a import gamer.

Yes, this would be helpful. I've pre-ordered the game (Doesn't come out until the 1st of February here in the UK).

Obeast
Aug 26, 2006
Õ_~ ANIME BABE LOVER 2000 ~_Õ
For single player, just have fun with it since it's not a super challenging game. Some levels are harder than others, but you shouldn't have a problem unless you really really suck at puzzle games.

If you're going to do the co-op campaign (which is completely separate from single player), play with a good friend you can work well with since the co-op levels require a good amount of coordination between both players.

Hank Morgan
Jun 17, 2007

Light Along the Inverse Curve.
Any tips for King's Bounty:Armour Princess (playing it as part of the Crossworlds pack). I'm never very good at turn based SRPGs so it's really combat advice I'm looking for. Basically what rocks are good against which paper until I can get on my feet.

McCoy Pauley
Mar 2, 2006
Gonna eat so many goddamn crumpets.
Anything for Far Cry 3 (on the PC, if it makes a difference?) It seems pretty open-ended so far, so I'm figure I'm okay to proceed at my own pace and just upgrade/craft whatever seems useful. But anything important to know in the early going that may not be obvious? Any key skill/item that it's worth getting early (or that is over-powered and should be avoided)?

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

McCoy Pauley posted:

Anything for Far Cry 3 (on the PC, if it makes a difference?) It seems pretty open-ended so far, so I'm figure I'm okay to proceed at my own pace and just upgrade/craft whatever seems useful. But anything important to know in the early going that may not be obvious? Any key skill/item that it's worth getting early (or that is over-powered and should be avoided)?

You can go pretty much anywhere after you clear the first outpost, so between missions it's a good idea to clear a sector or two of the map at a time. Activate the tower for free guns, clear out the outposts for warp points.

Don't buy guns unless you have to. Most of the shop items will unlock when you activate towers or take them off enemies.

The big blocker in crafting early on is boar skin. There's an island at the northeastern corner of the map that spawns tons of boars.

Skill-wise, nothing's overpowered early on. More skills will be unlocked as you complete story missions.

Pork Pie Hat
Apr 27, 2011

McCoy Pauley posted:

I assumed that all the memory cards/idol statue collecting thing was just collecting for the sake of it, something to pad out the game. It turns out however that there are signature weapons that don't get unlocked by reclaiming radio towers and instead require a certain amount of x or y. Look them up if you want to know what to grind* for. I recommend the silenced SMG, I think it's called the "Ripper".

* It's not really that grindy, don' let that put you off.

McCoy Pauley
Mar 2, 2006

Evil Mastermind posted:

You can go pretty much anywhere after you clear the first outpost, so between missions it's a good idea to clear a sector or two of the map at a time. Activate the tower for free guns, clear out the outposts for warp points.

Don't buy guns unless you have to. Most of the shop items will unlock when you activate towers or take them off enemies.

The big blocker in crafting early on is boar skin. There's an island at the northeastern corner of the map that spawns tons of boars.

Skill-wise, nothing's overpowered early on. More skills will be unlocked as you complete story missions.

Thanks, particularly for the tip about the boars. That was bugging me a little in the early going.

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

Oh, another thing...side quests (blue exclamation points) only give cash, not XP, so don't do them unless you've got space in your wallet. They're all really easy though. Hunter quests and Wanted: Dead give both XP and cash.

Make sure you get the Takedown skill asap; you'll be using it all throughout the game and stealth kills earn you more XP and make clearing outposts easier.

When you're taking out an outpost, you can snipe the control boxes on the alarm posts to disable them. Just make you get them all, and that you're using a silenced weapon.

McCoy Pauley
Mar 2, 2006

Evil Mastermind posted:

Oh, another thing...side quests (blue exclamation points) only give cash, not XP, so don't do them unless you've got space in your wallet. They're all really easy though. Hunter quests and Wanted: Dead give both XP and cash.

Make sure you get the Takedown skill asap; you'll be using it all throughout the game and stealth kills earn you more XP and make clearing outposts easier.

When you're taking out an outpost, you can snipe the control boxes on the alarm posts to disable them. Just make you get them all, and that you're using a silenced weapon.

Thanks.

My initial inclination in the game was to save up right away for a sniper rifle and silencer, but I feel like I've heard people saying the bow is a really great option. At least initially, with no attachments on it, and just the first quiver, I'm finding the bow to be okay for taking down a goat, but not a whole lot more than that. Am I missing something about how it gets better with attachments (or maybe a compound bow becomes available later)?

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

McCoy Pauley posted:

Thanks.

My initial inclination in the game was to save up right away for a sniper rifle and silencer, but I feel like I've heard people saying the bow is a really great option. At least initially, with no attachments on it, and just the first quiver, I'm finding the bow to be okay for taking down a goat, but not a whole lot more than that. Am I missing something about how it gets better with attachments (or maybe a compound bow becomes available later)?

I barely used the bow outside the legendary hunting quests. And don't buy the sniper rifle; you can get one of a pirate in one of the two outposts in the starting sector. You will need to buy the silencer for it, though.

Male Man
Aug 16, 2008

Im, too sexy for your teatime
Too sexy for your teatime
That tea that you're just driiinkiing

McCoy Pauley posted:

Thanks.

The sights make the bow far easier to aim. Regardless, the bow takes down humans in a single shot (heavies too, if you can hit them in the back of the head), is silent, ammo is recoverable and you can craft explosive and fire arrows. A suppressed sniper rifle is far easier to use, especially at long range (bullets are hit scan, arrows are projectiles), but lacks the general utility of the bow. It's also nice to be used to using it, since you'll need it for most of the rare hunts.

That reminds me of thread content: taking over outposts unlocks side quests, including hunting quests. If you look at the posters on the boards, some will have "RARE" stamped over them. You have to do the rare hunts to get the skins to craft top-tier inventory items.

csm141
Jul 19, 2010

i care, i'm listening, i can help you without giving any advice
Pillbug
Buy a marksman sight for the bow and get used to judging distance. When you get fire and explosive arrows later on, the bow becomes a really versatile use of a weapon slot since you can use it to start fires at range, blow things up at range without revealing your position (enemies will be drawn to the noise of the explosion) or making silent kills at range (granted you can use a silenced sniper for this but I find that to be rather boring).

The signature weapons are pretty amazing and definitely where you should be putting your money (spoilered in case you want to figure them out on your own).

The Bull shotgun you unlock after 5 radio towers and this is a good early option for sneaking up on big animals and laying them out since its so powerful.

The Shredder SMG is unlocked after 10 memory cards are found. It is a ridiculous gun for stealth at short and medium range.

The Shadow pistol is unlocked after 17 outposts are cleared. It's a good pistol but unfortunately when the Shredder exists there's no real reason to use it unless you are like me and enjoy switching up guns for flavor purposes.

The Cannon pistol is unlocked with Uplay fun points and is a powerful pistol that I use often because magnums are cool as hell and it has a satisfying punch while being more challenging to use than the ARs or even the Shredder.

The AMR sniper is unlocked after finding 20 relics and is an absurd weapon. It shoots penetrating explosive rounds which make it a great weapon for stopping vehicles and even helicopters. It can't be silenced though but if you are far enough away you can take some shots and move positions and stay undetected Far Cry 2-style.

The Bushman assault rifle is unlocked after all radio towers and is a silenced assault rifle which is pretty absurd to be honest.

The Ripper LMG is unlocked after getting at least third prize on six trials. It's a high capacity LMG that is fairly accurate when burst fired and is best used as an assault rifle with a box of ammo attached, which means it can make lots of firefights criminally easy.

The Japanese Tanto is a replacement for the knife that you get after finding six of the Japanese letters. It does some more damage in melee than the regular knife which is irrelevant for takedowns but is nice to have for a few quests where you have to stab bears.

If you're considering a second playthrough, I recommend checking out the Far Cry Nexus and its small collection of mods and see if anything strikes your fancy. I know I want to be able to use all the fun stuff right away and have it be more difficult/sandboxy as opposed to having to unlock stuff again so I installed the Swartz mod compilation. But for a first playthrough, I wouldn't recommend it.

McCoy Pauley
Mar 2, 2006
Thanks for all the FC3 advice, everybody. Now my fingers are getting itchy to get back in the game to keep skinning animals and sewing pouches.

bbcisdabomb
Jan 15, 2008

SHEESH

zombieman posted:

I've been given Damnation, Portal 2, Sacred 2: Fallen Angel and Dead To Rights: Retribution (All for the Xbox 360) by a friend. Any tips on any of them. I've read what the wiki has to say on Sacred 2, but if anyone has any more advice, it would be appreciated.

Damnation: If you must play this game, play it in co-op. The game isn't very good even then, though the levels still are amazing in their verticality.

Beyond that:
You can zoom with any weapon while aiming down the sight - on PC it was clicking middle mouse. This is the only way to make the shotgun anything but complete poo poo, and the shotgun turns out to be pretty good!

The potato gun is hilarious but you never get any ammo for it, just pick it up and use it until you run out of ammo.

The first time you get a three-wheeled bike (I think, maybe the second time) will be right after a nice big town fight. The gap looks just barely wide enough to get across but it's not - you need to shoot out the glowing supports for the billboard and make a bridge. That tripped me up quite a bit.

Whoever is gunning on the bike can only use pistol, but they have infinite ammo. Infinite ammo rail pistols at turbo speed are absolutely amazing.

Beyond those things, just remember the game is just about impossible to lose if you're playing in co-op. If you're having trouble, just go into co-op and have the second controller stand back at the start of a zone. The revive skill has no range limit and doesn't require LoS.

Mayor McCheese
Sep 20, 2004

Everyone is a mayor... Someday..
Lipstick Apathy

lowercase16 posted:

Some basic tips:

Your first familiar is a good well rounded fighter that is handy for a nice bulk of the game.

When you're first starting get some practice timing your defensive skills and later your party tactics. You can also "kite" monsters around while waiting on your cooldowns.

Use your items! There's no point in saving up all that bread the game throws at you.

When you enter any new towns stay at the inn.

Before leaving a town/region try to finish all the quests there and/or heart absorbing first.

Quest NPCs or monsters will appear on your world map.

Weak monsters will eventually start fleeing from you on the map or in dungeons.

You'll be able to open Blue Chests early in the game, so keep a mental note of the one or two you pass before you get the spell to open them.

Familiars gain xp as long as you have them equipped in one of your three slots.

Feed your Familiars constantly, even if they gain 1% to their stat upgrade. Always try to feed them food they like (you'll see hearts come out of them).

There will be some chests or areas you wont be able to reach until you get the proper items/spells later.

You have reserve slots for extra Familiars. It's a good practice to max out your current Familiar's tricks before swapping them out or letting them evolve.

Taming is based on RNG and abusing weaknesses gives you a better chance. You can tame each type of monster more than once.

Hitting a weakness or timing your defensive skills properly has a chance of spawning a yellow orb that gives your character a special attack.

Your party members will run for orbs in-between attacks as long as it's near them.

The ingame keyboard is not case-sensitive when you answer questions.

You can still tame monsters even if your reserves are full.

I hope that helps. I'm sure I'll add more later.

Edit: Added some more.

Mayor McCheese fucked around with this message at 06:01 on Jan 26, 2013

ManSedan
May 7, 2006
Seats 4

Chief Savage Man posted:

The Japanese Tanto is a replacement for the knife that you get after finding six of the Japanese letters. It does some more damage in melee than the regular knife which is irrelevant for takedowns but is nice to have for a few quests where you have to stab bears.[/spoiler]

Where's a good place to look for japanese letters anyhow? I'm maybe halfway through the game and haven't found a single one yet.

ahobday
Apr 19, 2007

Mayor McCheese posted:

Some basic tips:

I hope that helps. I'm sure I'll add more later.

Edit: Added some more.

Thanks - I've added these to the wiki.

SiKboy
Oct 28, 2007

Oh no!😱

ManSedan posted:

Where's a good place to look for japanese letters anyhow? I'm maybe halfway through the game and haven't found a single one yet.

They tend to be in old WW2 bunkers, gun emplacements, fortifications and similar. Some are in caves. If you are really stuck you can buy the maps that show the collectable locations. I tended to buy the maps because my wallet was nearly full and I had nothing else to spend money on except bullet proof vests and ammo refills. (seriously, you get all the basic weapons free for unlocking radio towers, once you have the good accessories for the ones you like money is irrelevant until you unlock the next signature weapon for sale, when you wallet is nearly full you mighat as well buy a couple of collectable maps)

Kalenden
Oct 30, 2012

Hank Morgan posted:

Any tips for King's Bounty:Armour Princess (playing it as part of the Crossworlds pack). I'm never very good at turn based SRPGs so it's really combat advice I'm looking for. Basically what rocks are good against which paper until I can get on my feet.

I've played Crossworlds on Hard, so I'll try to help you out.

First thing you have to know is that the difficulty curve sucks. It is too hard in the beginning and too easy at the end. Especially as a mage, since leadership at the start is important and you'll have almost nothing.

But for some actual combat advice:

Try to get the medals with leadership awards, asap. The leadership boost they provide will help immensely. This means avoid casualties.

Good units are generally ones that do one or more of these 3 things: revive, summon or tank.
Rune Mages, Demonologists, Royal Griffins, Royal Thorns, Paladins, Inquisitors and Engineers are good examples.
Other good units are Royal Snakes (no retaliation + poison), Beholders (paralyze) and Dragons.

Point in combat is to either divert damage to your summons or to your tanks and revive when necessary. This is possible in almost all fights, excepting bosses and heroes.
In my game, after the first turn I had doubled my army with summons which did the tanking for me.

Good low level spells are Trap and Stone Skin, they can slow the enemy down and help your tanks.

Don't forget your dragon! Always try to use his chest digging skill as much as possible because sometimes you can get runes.

Buy all potions (rage or mana) when you see them. They are cheap, and always useful.

Try to build a synergy between your army and your items, though this is mostly luck. Royal Snakes have a couple of powerful items that can extend their usefulness through to the end game.
Engineers and their droids also have items, which can make them extremely imbalanced.

Any items that grant resistance to physical or magic damage are worth a lot.

If an area is too hard, backtrack to other areas and try to raise your level there first.

When you get any quest item, always look if you can interact with it. This gives a couple of nice bonuses.

That's all I can think of for now.

zombieman
Aug 8, 2003

That's one happy fucking egg!

bbcisdabomb posted:

Damnation: If you must play this game, play it in co-op. The game isn't very good even then, though the levels still are amazing in their verticality.

Thanks for the tips.

CowboyAndy
Aug 7, 2012
I just picked up Devil May Cry Collection for the 360. I've played the Bayonetta, DMC4, and Revengence demos, and enjoyed them. What should I know about the DMC collection before playing? Any tips?

Geektox
Aug 1, 2012

Good people don't rip other people's arms off.
Anything for Dragon's Dogma specifically for the Strider vocation? My blades seems to hit like a wet noodle.

Chernobyl Peace Prize
May 7, 2007

Or later, later's fine.
But now would be good.

Geektox posted:

Anything for Dragon's Dogma specifically for the Strider vocation? My blades seems to hit like a wet noodle.
They will until you get better ones or spend a few levels in Assassin (who have 2x the Attack growth). Strider pre-L10 is basically all about darting around and praying you don't die and sniping things with a bow and then climbing on things as needed to hack away at weak spots. It's good practice for later in the game, when you'll need those tactics to stay competitive with the really, really rough monsters, but at that point you'll also at least feel like you're doing *some* damage.

Also, if you feel like you're just not doing poo poo early, get a mage pawn with Fire or Light Affinity, because a big problem is the sheer volume of poo poo that is at best neutral to slashing weapons but is weak to those elements, that you don't have by default.

Damonic
Jan 17, 2006
I just acquired a GameCube on the cheap and got both Zelda games, Wind Waker and Twilight Princess. I never got very far on either so I'm wondering if there is any thing I must know...

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

McCoy Pauley posted:

Thanks for all the FC3 advice, everybody. Now my fingers are getting itchy to get back in the game to keep skinning animals and sewing pouches.

Another useful thing to know is that when you disable an alarm switch in an outpost up-close, it disables all alarms in the base. My usual approach to outposts is to make my first priority hitting that alarm switch. Preferably undetected, but if you do get spotted, you can just bumrush it and hit it before an enemy does and you'll be fine. After that you can do whatever you want and no reinforcements will come (if you're like me and want to avoid that).

Of course the fun of the game is that you can take down outposts however you like, but I found that doing it that way was pretty reliable.

For my own question, I've started playing Total War: Shogun 2: Fall of the Samurai and I clearly don't know what I'm doing because I've been getting slaughtered instantly in every single battle. Enemies seem to be pretty ruthless with their cavalry this time around, I can't seem to stop them from whipping it around and into my flanks with impunity at lightning speed.

Any general tips for battles or campaign map stuff would be great (good army compositions, technologies/traits to go for/avoid, etc).

I noticed that they added an AI control thing for battles, where you can tell your group to engage the enemy army or defend an area, and the AI handles the specifics, but I'm guessing it's as useless as I think it is? I tried attacking, and it marched my line infantry into near-melee range with enemy spear levies before firing (spoiler, the spears won). I tried defending, and over half my army got distracted by a lone cavalry unit; all the rifles and spears wheeled right to face it, leaving their flank wide open to the entire enemy army. Didn't even really do much damage to the cavalry. I guess I got my hopes up, because the AI is clearly so effective at managing enemy armies, at least when they're up against me...I suppose using that feature is kind of like asking a casino dealer for advice on how to play your blackjack hand.

I think I'm just too used to Napoleon/Empire, this game seems to play out a bit differently!

Project1
Dec 30, 2003

it's time
The Void?

I loved Pathologic, Cargo was not bad, but I don't seem to be able to get into this. Love the aesthetics and ideas, just that the gameplay isn't triggering for me (yet). I've checked the wiki, but there's not much there.

EddieDean
Nov 17, 2009

Damonic posted:

I just acquired a GameCube on the cheap and got both Zelda games, Wind Waker and Twilight Princess. I never got very far on either so I'm wondering if there is any thing I must know...

Off the top of my head, you don't need to know too much, as they'll generally point you in the right direction, but:

Wind Waker: Don't feel like you have to explore everywhere, just do it when you feel like (but enjoy it, as it's lovely). There'll come a point later on where you have to do a big fetch quest about finding an important artifact broken down into many, many pieces. It's a bit tedious. With a lot of money you can buy a map to more maps to the pieces, which helps immeasurably. Just power through it, because the ending section is fantastic.

Twilight Princess: The game takes a while to kick off. Don't worry about it - after maybe three hours maximum, it gets awesome and will stay that way all the way through.

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

EddieDean posted:

Off the top of my head, you don't need to know too much, as they'll generally point you in the right direction, but:

Wind Waker: Don't feel like you have to explore everywhere, just do it when you feel like (but enjoy it, as it's lovely). There'll come a point later on where you have to do a big fetch quest about finding an important artifact broken down into many, many pieces. It's a bit tedious. With a lot of money you can buy a map to more maps to the pieces, which helps immeasurably. Just power through it, because the ending section is fantastic.

Twilight Princess: The game takes a while to kick off. Don't worry about it - after maybe three hours maximum, it gets awesome and will stay that way all the way through.

Wind Waker: Do not even bother with collecting statues with the camera. The camera can be used to take pictures of things and show them to people for treasure maps. It's not completely obvious but I went through my first play through without getting most treasure maps.

Twilight Princess: Get wallet upgrades as soon as possible. Dungeons are filled with rupees and your wallet will fill up really quickly.

Cliff
Nov 12, 2008

Wind Waker - As soon as you get the bow, get your boat caught in one of those whirlwinds on the sea. If you shoot the little dude on the cloud, you will get a new song to summon the whirlwind and teleport around, saving you time.

Also, at some point you will be sent on a big fetch quest to advance the plot at the end of the game. You can actually find these items before the quest itself officially begins, so if you want to do it piecemeal instead of slog through all at once, that's an option. The items in question are pieces of the Triforce.

Cliff fucked around with this message at 22:05 on Jan 28, 2013

Nohman
Sep 19, 2007
Never been worse.
I've finally gotten around to playing the Mass Effect series and have made it up to Mass Effect 3? What should I know? Any DLC worth grabbing? What's the score?

Geektox
Aug 1, 2012

Good people don't rip other people's arms off.

Nohman posted:

I've finally gotten around to playing the Mass Effect series and have made it up to Mass Effect 3? What should I know? Any DLC worth grabbing? What's the score?

Most people would suggest getting Leviathan and From Ashes due to hating the original ending. I personally didn't mind the ending too much but I wasn't very much invested in mass effect and Cmd. Shepard, either.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cliff
Nov 12, 2008

Actually the redone ending is available for free. From Ashes adds a new character and brief mission, Leviathan is a longer questline that I enjoyed. Omega adds a quest to retake Omega (from ME2), but the reviews I've seen have been generally unfavorable so I didn't get it.

Also, don't let the fact that the ending is terrible and the extended ending doesn't save it turn you off the game. It's still fun up until that point. That awful, horrible point.