Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
anotherblownsave
Feb 26, 2008

The sponsors will like you better this way, trust me.

Hey I worked for FedEx for a while I still thought it was expensive haha

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

I opened some packs of UD 12-13 on a whim, and so I have some inserts to mail if anyone wants them. I got MVP - Ondrej Pavelec, Young Guns - Ryan Garbutt, UD Canvas - Corey Crawford and Silver Skates - Evgeni Malkin.

If anyone wants any of them just shoot me a PM and I'll send them out. They're not worth anything but I figure they might help someone get closer to completing a set.

Quantrill
Nov 18, 2005

4th spot in a 8 box SPGU break on CnC. You think Pens will fall to me?.

E: they did. yay me.

Quantrill fucked around with this message at 01:14 on Jan 27, 2013

anotherblownsave
Feb 26, 2008

Any link to any breaks happening tonight? I'd love to watch some people get some cool cards.

Quantrill
Nov 18, 2005

anotherblownsave posted:

Any link to any breaks happening tonight? I'd love to watch some people get some cool cards.

http://www.blogtv.com/People/Cloutsnchara

There was a sweet Bruins patch in SPGU.

Ashekaban
Aug 30, 2011

anotherblownsave posted:

could try CNC, they usually break.

Doing any other set of ebay breaks tonight (prime)
Heres the thing.
1 won at 1.25
1 won at 2.00
1 lost at 15.00 (My one bid went to ten, its still going higher every few minutes)

All for dallas. what do people smoke.

darkwolf220
May 14, 2009

SOON :stare:

Alright guys, we're a bit over a week out from the mix break, it will happen some day during the week of the 4th, will know for sure when I get my schedule for that week. That said, feel free to make payment for that break as soon as you can. Payment isn't actually due at this time, but I like to give a wide window of opportunity. If you have misplaced my paypal, it is shifterdarkwolf AT gmail DOT com .

Thanks guys, I will order product probably at the end of next week.

Sharp_angus
Aug 10, 2005

I just love the game. I can't get enough of hackey!

darkwolf220 posted:

Alright guys, we're a bit over a week out from the mix break, it will happen some day during the week of the 4th, will know for sure when I get my schedule for that week. That said, feel free to make payment for that break as soon as you can. Payment isn't actually due at this time, but I like to give a wide window of opportunity. If you have misplaced my paypal, it is shifterdarkwolf AT gmail DOT com .

Thanks guys, I will order product probably at the end of next week.

Sent!

anotherblownsave
Feb 26, 2008

Darkwolf, I sent you the payment today 50.00, 20 for you 30 for Ashe.

LumpyGumby
Feb 22, 2012

"Here's the world famous hockey player sitting in the penalty box for slashing..."
-Snoopy Brown
42g - 65a - 107pts
106gp - 317PIMS
I posted this in the N/V area but it might be more apt here;

:siren: ATTN DALLAS AREA GOONS :siren:

If there are any Dallas area goons able to go to the Dallas practice and get some custom cards signed for me, I would consider it a huge favor. I'd send the cards along with compensation for the help. Its three players, Morrow, Lehtonen, and Eriksson. If anyone can help please respond. I had someone lined up but the lockout borked things up.

Ashekaban
Aug 30, 2011

LumpyGumby posted:

I posted this in the N/V area but it might be more apt here;

:siren: ATTN DALLAS AREA GOONS :siren:

If there are any Dallas area goons able to go to the Dallas practice and get some custom cards signed for me, I would consider it a huge favor. I'd send the cards along with compensation for the help. Its three players, Morrow, Lehtonen, and Eriksson. If anyone can help please respond. I had someone lined up but the lockout borked things up.

Uhm, I think SBA is from California (thanks abs)
I may be in edmonton for the game in the next 3 weeks, but wont know til a few nights before if i am going or not :(

Ashekaban fucked around with this message at 23:48 on Jan 27, 2013

anotherblownsave
Feb 26, 2008

I just sent cards to SBA at a California address. I hope he's not in Dallas :(

darkwolf220
May 14, 2009

Ashe would help you out, but he isn't allowed within 100 yards of Kari Lehtonen or he goes back in the hole :haw:

LumpyGumby
Feb 22, 2012

"Here's the world famous hockey player sitting in the penalty box for slashing..."
-Snoopy Brown
42g - 65a - 107pts
106gp - 317PIMS
Here's the Morrow I plan on sending, yes a die cut.

Sorry if its huge, posting this from my phone.

Ashekaban
Aug 30, 2011

darkwolf220 posted:

Ashe would help you out, but he isn't allowed within 100 yards of Kari Lehtonen or he goes back in the hole :haw:

I actually chatted final fantasy with him for ten minutes last time he was in Edmonton. Met him in atl too

darkwolf220
May 14, 2009

Ashekaban posted:

I actually chatted final fantasy with him for ten minutes last time he was in Edmonton. Met him in atl too

"So uh.... that Tifa, pretty loving hot man, I'd do her"

"Nah, you got it all wrong bro, Yuna is where it is at :a2m: "

darkwolf220
May 14, 2009

A&B and abs: Your items are packed and ready to go. Expect them to ship Tuesday, my next day off.

anotherblownsave
Feb 26, 2008

Awesome. Thanks!

Ashekaban
Aug 30, 2011

darkwolf220 posted:

"So uh.... that Tifa, pretty loving hot man, I'd do her"

"Nah, you got it all wrong bro, Yuna is where it is at :a2m: "

hey hey hey.
we all know youd do tifa.
But seriously, that mask of ff was the weirdest thing id ever seen.

i may start collecting brett hull prime base. onto my 5th one.

Schremp Howard
Jul 18, 2010

What attitude problem?
Didn't Lehtonen say he never played the game before and just thought the characters looked cool? Or am I remembering completely wrong?

Also I'm itching to buy something but don't know where to turn. Thinking something Panini with a chance at a patch or something without spending a crazy amount of money on a single pack. Maybe Certified? Not too picky on the year either, so any suggestions?

Ashekaban
Aug 30, 2011

Schremp Howard posted:

Didn't Lehtonen say he never played the game before and just thought the characters looked cool? Or am I remembering completely wrong?

Also I'm itching to buy something but don't know where to turn. Thinking something Panini with a chance at a patch or something without spending a crazy amount of money on a single pack. Maybe Certified? Not too picky on the year either, so any suggestions?

He didn't play it at the time of the mask, but really enjoyed the canon of it. When I met him he did play it.

Depends what your price range is looking at.
Packs are very hit and miss.
Personally I'd suggest artifacts box, titanium box. As they have some crazy patches. And run about 100 a box.

sba
Jul 9, 2001

bae
abs, I got your package yesterday...thanks!

My GF wasn't happy that the bull card didn't have genetic information on it.

darkwolf220
May 14, 2009

Schremp Howard posted:

Depends on your price point. Packs are hit or miss, but Titanium, Crown Royale and SP Game Used offer a hit a pack, so you will at least get a jersey or auto. It is better to go by the box, it is uncommon to open a box and not get anything of any value. If you want to get something jaw dropping for sure, go with Panini Prime. It is very uncommon to find a bad pack of Prime, but it runs about $175/pack now.

Or you could join one of our group breaks! Everyone gets something, promise ;)

anotherblownsave
Feb 26, 2008

sba posted:

abs, I got your package yesterday...thanks!

My GF wasn't happy that the bull card didn't have genetic information on it.

Haha no problem, I forgot I put some of the bull cards in your package. Thank Darkwolf for you that :)

Schremp Howard
Jul 18, 2010

What attitude problem?
I've been tempted on a group break, just been busy on my end. Definitely want to get in on one soon. I'm for sure going to buy a box of something, and the $75 or so boxes of Titanium from blowout cards looks like a a solid deal.

Ashekaban
Aug 30, 2011

Schremp Howard posted:

I've been tempted on a group break, just been busy on my end. Definitely want to get in on one soon. I'm for sure going to buy a box of something, and the $75 or so boxes of Titanium from blowout cards looks like a a solid deal.

titanium is my favorite set outside of prime last year. The value is crazy.

anotherblownsave
Feb 26, 2008

My local card shop doesn't sell Titanium :negative:

Quantrill
Nov 18, 2005

anotherblownsave posted:

My local card shop doesn't sell Titanium :negative:

I don't have a local card shop :smithcloud:

anotherblownsave
Feb 26, 2008

You win the battle of :smith: this time Quantrill.

Quantrill
Nov 18, 2005

anotherblownsave posted:

You win the battle of :smith: this time Quantrill.

Hooray :suicide: On a brighter note, I got your cards ABS, thanks!

Sharp_angus
Aug 10, 2005

Well if its any consolation to you guys the one local shop I have in town is run by a crook judging by his pricing so I have no choice but to buy online like a lot of folks

:smith::hf::smith:

Or break with you all here of course :unsmith:

Ashekaban
Aug 30, 2011

Sharp_angus posted:

Well if its any consolation to you guys the one local shop I have in town is run by a crook judging by his pricing so I have no choice but to buy online like a lot of folks

:smith::hf::smith:

Or break with you all here of course :unsmith:

My guy is currently selling pinnacle 11-12 for 110$ a box. grosds

anotherblownsave
Feb 26, 2008

Do retailers every drop prices on old product? I feel like they should, but it can't recall ever seeing that happen.

edit: Glad they made it to you Quantrill

anotherblownsave fucked around with this message at 00:28 on Jan 29, 2013

Ashekaban
Aug 30, 2011

anotherblownsave posted:

Do retailers every drop prices on old product? I feel like they should, but it can't recall ever seeing that happen.

edit: Glad they made it to you Quantrill

Most local guys do it later, I mean, the three stores i have.
Donruss = 25 a box at one
59 at another.
and the other one will bring it in for 30.

Heaf
Jan 15, 2008

People say we suck at sports but they don't understand
It's hard to catch with holes right through your hands
Speaking of retailers, Panini is dropping their MAPP pricing starting with National Treasures Baseball on February 27th. This was a program where all retailers, internet and brick-and-mortar alike, had to keep the same prices on boxes for 30 days. Hobby shops will no longer be subject to this price, so they can advertise what they believe is fair.

http://paniniamerica.wordpress.com/2013/01/25/qa-panini-america-executive-addresses-elimination-of-retail-mapp-pricing-policy/

Ashekaban
Aug 30, 2011
dark, i emailed you.
your rundblad from prime is on ebay as of ten minutes ago.

Sharp_angus
Aug 10, 2005

Ashekaban posted:

My guy is currently selling pinnacle 11-12 for 110$ a box. grosds

Yikes!

darkwolf220
May 14, 2009

abs and A&B your packages shipped today, enjoy.

anotherblownsave
Feb 26, 2008

Thank you sir. Also, I'll take the Preds and Devils in the next mini. I'm already down for the Bruins.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

darkwolf220
May 14, 2009

anotherblownsave posted:

Thank you sir. Also, I'll take the Preds and Devils in the next mini. I'm already down for the Bruins.

Marked and moving forward...

12-13 ITG Superlative hit draft

Price $61

1 darkwolf
2 Quantrill
3 Sharp_Angus
4 surmy

There are only 7 cards in a book, everyone gets a hit and there are no bad hits in Superlative. Even the base jerseys can be numbered in the single digits and the last two Superlative breaks I was in the last pick was a patch. This is the cheapest price I have seen out there for this.

Mini break #2
12-13 Artifacts
12-13 Black Diamond
11-12 Elite

Edmonton - 18
Colorado - 16 - Sharp_Angus
Philadelphia - 16 shuduck
Pittsburgh - 16 Quantrill
Washington - 12 Gunjin
Montreal - 14 anotherblownsave
Chicago - 11
Detroit - 12