Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ComradeCosmobot
Dec 4, 2004

USPOL July
To be honest, I labeled both "Dark Sonic" (from Chapter 2) and Evil Sonic (Chapter 3) "Evil Sonic" when transcribing the script.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jackie D
May 27, 2009

Democracy is like a tambourine - not everyone can be trusted with it.

poo poo i failed

Aristobulus
Mar 20, 2007

Slap omni-gel on
everything.

These avatars paid for Lowtax new boat.

vyelkin posted:

I just reread the Mario vs. Troll King fight and, despite thinking it dragged on and on when it was happening one page at a time, it actually works really well as a fight scene when you can read it all in one go. I wonder if Demaro v Garry will be the same.

I still think the biggest problem with the Mario vs. Troll King fight wasn't the length, it was just how one sided it was. Almost everything Mario did was ineffective and so it was not only a long fight...it was boring because it was just a lot of panels devoted to watching Mario get his rear end kicked.

Like, if it's going to be so one sided, a shorter battle is better because you get the point that a character is outmatched, pretty quickly. If it even felt like Mario was slightly challenging Troll King, then a long fight would've been okay.

ComradeCosmobot
Dec 4, 2004

USPOL July

Aristobulus posted:

I still think the biggest problem with the Mario vs. Troll King fight wasn't the length, it was just how one sided it was. Almost everything Mario did was ineffective and so it was not only a long fight...it was boring because it was just a lot of panels devoted to watching Mario get his rear end kicked.

To be fair it was the same with the Sonic vs. Troll King fight. He powers up to be Super Sonic and it... does nothing. Angry, he conjures up a ball of energy and it... does nothing. He stabs Troll King which... does nothing. After all his friends die, Sonic gets angry and becomes Evil Sonic (Dark Sonic?), which... does nothing as he is killed in the very next page.

The only characters who have come close to giving Troll King a run for his money are Emerl and Luigi, and the latter only had an advantage because of surprise. Thus far it's not obvious that there's anyone in this comic who could give Troll King a a real fight.

EDIT: The ineffectiveness of Sonic really makes me wonder how on earth a "soul bind" could really help Tails.

ComradeCosmobot fucked around with this message at 00:47 on Jan 26, 2013

scarycave
Oct 9, 2012

Dominic Beegan:
Exterminator For Hire

ComradeCosmobot posted:

The ineffectiveness of Sonic really makes me wonder how on earth a "soul bind" could really help Tails.

Because Sonic's soul gives game-breaking passive bonuses:
Speed +15%
Evasion +10%
Critical Damage +25%
Auto-Haste
Auto-Counter
Auto-Pierce
Auto-Megidalon on strike

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

Aristobulus posted:

Like, if it's going to be so one sided, a shorter battle is better because you get the point that a character is outmatched, pretty quickly. If it even felt like Mario was slightly challenging Troll King, then a long fight would've been okay.

Well that's the thing about the fight rereading it is it doesn't really read that way when you can go through it all at once. Mario does a few ineffective attacks, getting angrier and angrier, then busts out his stars, which the Troll King acknowledges could legit kill him, and gets trumped by the Word of Death. Try rereading it, I think you'll see what I mean.

Redeadagain
Jan 10, 2009

this shall be
humorous

vyelkin posted:

Well that's the thing about the fight rereading it is it doesn't really read that way when you can go through it all at once. Mario does a few ineffective attacks, getting angrier and angrier, then busts out his stars, which the Troll King acknowledges could legit kill him, and gets trumped by the Word of Death. Try rereading it, I think you'll see what I mean.

I completely agree. Going back, I was surprised at how short it all seemed. The product is really the sum of it's parts.

And the writing in Naruto is dogshit compared to TGT.

ThatPazuzu
Sep 8, 2011

I'm so depressed, I can't even blink.

Lazerbot posted:

here are some TGT facts the i would like to bring up. with 15 chapters i have 315 pages in total not counting chapter covers, another fact i normally copied a already drawn head of troll face until this latest page which i drew my self :D

He's so proud of drawing trollface by himself. :3:

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

ThatPazuzu posted:

He's so proud of drawing trollface by himself. :3:

As well he should be. Look at that poo poo!

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

scarycave posted:

Speed +15%
Evasion +10%
Critical Damage +25%
Auto-Haste
Auto-Counter
Auto-Pierce
Auto-Megidalon on strike

Plus, Sonic can go Super. Tails needs Super Emeralds to do that. :sonicgoonsay:

SerSpook
Feb 13, 2012

scarycave posted:

Speed +15%
Evasion +10%
Critical Damage +25%
Auto-Haste
Auto-Counter
Auto-Pierce
Auto-Megidalon on strike

Does it provide immunity to dark and light attacks so he doesn't have to worry about the Words of Death? I'd assume that's what they fall under. Or do you just have to have no ears?

ETA: Soulbind Rob.

That Fucking Sned
Oct 28, 2010

Hearing -100%

scarycave
Oct 9, 2012

Dominic Beegan:
Exterminator For Hire
Auto-Deaf
Auto-Bravery
Auto-Valor
Auto-Protect
Auto-Shell
Auto-Fan Favorite
100% Negative Status Resistance
Bahamut Counter

Calico Heart
Mar 22, 2012

"wich the worst part was what troll face did to sonic's corpse after words wich was rape it. at that point i looked away"

So guys, if my updates are to be believed, Lazey-B's birthday is the 29th.

What are we doing?

horriblePencilist
Oct 18, 2012

It's a Dirt Devil!
Get it?

Calico Heart posted:

What are we doing?

Uh, didn't deviantArt say his birthday was a while ago? I made a post a bunch of pages ago.

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747
Every day is Lazy-B-day.

Quite probably, he did what many people do and enter random rubbish birthday dates for nosy websites who want to know.

Calico Heart
Mar 22, 2012

"wich the worst part was what troll face did to sonic's corpse after words wich was rape it. at that point i looked away"

But I want to know what day to mark on the calender as the birth of our lord and saviour

scarycave
Oct 9, 2012

Dominic Beegan:
Exterminator For Hire

Calico Heart posted:

But I want to know what day to mark on the calender as the birth of our lord and saviour

Good luck with that, Lazy B is older than existence itself!

Mycroft Holmes
Mar 26, 2010

by Azathoth
chill ur pill - the tao of lazerbot

Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

I want to care, butt I dont

Calico Heart posted:

What are we doing?

I hope to god this is true

because that's my birthday too

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

This is pretty rad

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

Baronjutter posted:

This is pretty rad

Is that a new panel? Oh, poo poo, Tom, he's reloading :ohdear:

SuperMechagodzilla
Jun 9, 2007

NEWT REBORN
Oh my god. "hey i made appearance in this chapter" was foreshadowing.

Everyone was like "oh haha that's pretty random" but no, Trollface was letting us in on the fact that he would be murdering one of the cooler characters. We're complicit.

BiggerJ
May 21, 2007

What shall we do with him? A permaban, perhaps? Probate him for a few years? Or...shall we employ a big red custom title? You, the goons of SA, shall decide his fate.

Baronjutter posted:

This is pretty rad

I want you all to let this sink in: Lazerbot made a rageface comic character awesome.

scarycave
Oct 9, 2012

Dominic Beegan:
Exterminator For Hire
One thing that's always been bothering me about this is that when he first showed up, wasn't he in a different outfit? Was that like his street clothes, and these are his formal wear?

Also he totally killed Sylvester in self-defense. Most of these people living in the base were complete losers who made fun of other people online, but were still mostly harmless, and they murdered them with zombies and spears. The shotgun is the number #1 choice to handle these kind of situations. Troll-Son (Prince?) seems to have chosen the shotgun-surgeon perk.

bofa salesman
Nov 6, 2009

BiggerJ posted:

I want you all to let this sink in: Lazerbot made a rageface comic character awesome.

It's been consistently awesome too. Fudd, silver, and whoever else's antics way back with these masks on were fantastic.

produce
Apr 1, 2008

BiggerJ posted:

This character is awesome? We don't really know anything about him. So far he's just kind of stood around and threatened to do gross things. Is one panel of well-executed dramatic lighting enough to make a character awesome?

SerSpook
Feb 13, 2012

produce posted:

This character is awesome? We don't really know anything about him. So far he's just kind of stood around and threatened to do gross things. Is one panel of well-executed dramatic lighting enough to make a character awesome?

Compared to all other rageface comic stuff, yeah.

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

produce posted:

Uh, he doesn't just threaten. We learned from the Mortician dude that Trollface does schticky to Luigi's body.

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

produce posted:

It's not that he doesn't do things, it's that he does things that Lazerbot doesn't want to draw. They're often described by other characters offscreen.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Maybe we will never learn the true extent of Trollface's power until he gets his own chapter, perhaps when he fights someone.

Cockblocktopus
Apr 18, 2009

Since the beginning of time, man has yearned to destroy the sun.

produce posted:

Well he made appearance in this chapter, so you tell me. :colbert:

Really though I kind of like him because he's a mishmash of terrible trollface and gently caress YOU DAD, which makes him the hero that SomethingAwful deserves, not the hero that SomethingAwful needs.

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

BiggerJ posted:

:ssh: "Cool Face" isn't from rage comics.
:goonsay:

my dad
Oct 17, 2012

this shall be humorous

Cat Mattress posted:

:ssh: "Cool Face" isn't from rage comics.
:goonsay:

Neither are most of the other faces used in rage comics. But they're still associated with them now.

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

SuperMechagodzilla posted:

Oh my god. "hey i made appearance in this chapter" was foreshadowing.

Everyone was like "oh haha that's pretty random" but no, Trollface was letting us in on the fact that he would be murdering one of the cooler characters. We're complicit.

Is this sarcasm or genuine SMG? Because yeah, this thread can be pretty fawning over anything L-B does, but it's still alot of fun to follow so if you're being mean, could you knock it off please?

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

A Steampunk Gent posted:

Is this sarcasm or genuine SMG? Because yeah, this thread can be pretty fawning over anything L-B does, but it's still alot of fun to follow so if you're being mean, could you knock it off please?

SMG already said he likes TGT before.

SuperMechagodzilla
Jun 9, 2007

NEWT REBORN
What's there to be sarcastic about? Not only did LB plan this out months in advance, it's avant-garde as gently caress.

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

SuperMechagodzilla posted:

What's there to be sarcastic about? Not only did LB plan this out months in advance, it's avant-garde as gently caress.

Ah okey, read too much into what you said, which is ironic I guess, nevermind.

w/r/t Trollface, he doesn't really seem the type to get his own shounen fight scene, I have him pegged has more of a cowardly oppurtunistic scumbag, like a 4chan version of Joaquin Phoenix's character in Gladiator. which if why he murdered Slyvester from the shadows with a weapon rather than bring out the crazy fightscene powers. If he lasts long enough I wouldn't be suprised if he takes a pop at his old man as well considering he's a dignified honourable patriarch type villain.

Not a Twat
Oct 11, 2010

Oops you almost got away without your Diddy

A Steampunk Gent posted:

Why would it be sarcasm? What SMG said is correct. It is cool that a previously 'random' cameo was actually hinting towards a later sudden appearance by the same character

Edit: I am slow

Not a Twat fucked around with this message at 13:36 on Jan 28, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ddinkins
Sep 5, 2012

A Steampunk Gent posted:

Ah okey, read too much into what you said, which is ironic I guess, nevermind.

w/r/t Trollface, he doesn't really seem the type to get his own shounen fight scene, I have him pegged has more of a cowardly oppurtunistic scumbag, like a 4chan version of Joaquin Phoenix's character in Gladiator. which if why he murdered Slyvester from the shadows with a weapon rather than bring out the crazy fightscene powers. If he lasts long enough I wouldn't be suprised if he takes a pop at his old man as well considering he's a dignified honourable patriarch type villain.

Yeah, Trollface is probably going to cut and run if he's outmatched. Or Lazerbot could throw us another curveball by saying that Trollface is actually powerful and brave, but uses a facade of weakness to troll others. The intrigue, man.

ddinkins fucked around with this message at 18:49 on Jan 28, 2013