Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rahonavis
Jan 11, 2012

"Clevuh gurrrl..."

A human heart posted:

I really dig how in this poster the shark is no longer menacing the swimmer as in the original Jaws poster, but is charging forward into the camera to attack the audience.

And somehow, the things that bother me the most are that (a) sharks aren't dinosaurs dammit and (b) would it have killed them to use a shark skull in the logo?

Bloody Hedgehog posted:

Man, that movie would've been so much better in it's earlier form. It was called Crood Awakening, and the initial screenplay was done by John Cleese and it was supposed to a stop-motion film done by Aardman.

I do remember hearing a very long time ago about an Aardman animated film about prehistoric people that would have somehow explained why the English and the French don't get along. Didn't know that it had mutated into "The Croods".

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

I mean, who would have noticed another madman around here?

Lobok posted:

It's pretty ballsy of Dreamworks to use the movie's fake caveman language all over the actual poster.
I'm not sure if this is me falling for the joke but here goes:
It's in Dutch; "The Croods" "27th of March" "Rebellious adolescent Iep"

Byzantine
Sep 1, 2007

Rahonavis posted:

And somehow, the things that bother me the most are that (a) sharks aren't dinosaurs dammit and (b) would it have killed them to use a shark skull in the logo?

Sharks don't have skulls.

Red Bones
Aug 9, 2012

"I think he's a bad enough person to stay ghost through his sheer love of child-killing."

Byzantine posted:

Sharks don't have skulls.

Did you think their heads just magically remained in the same shape?

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Glad to know shark skulls are just as terrifying as the rest of their bodies.

DNS
Mar 11, 2009

by Smythe

flashy_mcflash posted:

Oh my god, they changed the name. I saw this flick when it was called Vs (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1836212/) and it sucks So. Hard.

The Q&A featured the director bragging about James Remar being a family friend and only doing this movie because of that, if that's any indication of the sort of person that would make this film.

Haha. What was the movie about/like?

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free

Red Bones posted:

Did you think their heads just magically remained in the same shape?

Skulls are made of bone, that's cartilage.

Trust me, being one myself, I am an expert on skulls.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

OLIVIAS WILDE RIDER posted:

Google defines a skull as a framework of bone or cartilage enclosing the brain of a vertebrate.

tliil
Jan 13, 2013

OLIVIAS WILDE RIDER posted:

Oh come on, that's just seamantics.

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free

teagone posted:

Google defines a skull as a framework of bone or cartilage enclosing the brain of a vertebrate.

Who are you going to believe? A robot, or a real life skull? :colbert:

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos

(and can't post for 8 days!)

Bone fossilizes, cartilage doesn't. So as far as JURASSIC SHARK goes, it wouldn't be a skull, it'd just be teeth.

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

You think you can take me at Satan's Hollow? Go 'head on!

Zedd posted:

It's in Dutch...

The funny thing is that I recognized it as Dutch, so I assumed that "Croods" and "Iep" were Dutch words because they look like them.

Rahonavis
Jan 11, 2012

"Clevuh gurrrl..."

All this because I was arguing with myself on all these exact points ("Is it called something special if it's made of cartilage?") and finally said, "gently caress it, I'm calling it a skull!" :ohdear:

Anyway, have some dubious live-action Disney movies:

SALT CURES HAM
Jan 4, 2011

Talk about wavy hair

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something

tliil posted:

Oh come on, that's just seamantics.

:golfclap:

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

Two faces you just want to slap the hell out of.

Tardcore
Jan 24, 2011

Not cool enough for the Spider-man club.

I'm actually a little offended by them comparing Bill & Ted to whatever this is.

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice

That tagline always bugged me. What's so 'unlikely' about the comic duo of Bill & Ted?
:goonsay:

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?
Hey now Operation Dumbo Drop was great, especially when I grew up and realized who they got to act in that movie.

CPFortest
Jun 2, 2009

Did you not pour me out like milk, and curdle me like cheese?

"Rahonavis posted:

I owned the Black Cauldron when I was a kid, and it had a trailer for this on the VHS. This is literally the first time I've seen something related to "Meet the Deedles" in over a decade.

CPFortest fucked around with this message at 04:30 on Jan 29, 2013

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

Is this a prequel to Point Break?

Carly Gay Dead Son
Aug 27, 2007

Bonus.

I love this at least partially because that poo poo is neither how water nor hair works. To my great shame and wonder, whenever someone mentions Meet the Beatles, this right here is what I immediately think of.

Hemingway To Go!
Nov 10, 2008

im stupider then dog shit, i dont give a shit, and i dont give a fuck, and i will never shut the fuck up, and i'll always Respect my enemys.
- ernest hemingway
Peter Jackson's Meet the Feebles is also brought to mind.

SALT CURES HAM
Jan 4, 2011

Darthemed posted:

What's so 'unlikely' about the comic duo of Bill & Ted?
:goonsay:

In hindsight, Keanu Reeves being tolerable.

Dr. Killjoy
Oct 9, 2012

:thunk::mason::brainworms::tinfoil::thunkher:

GonSmithe posted:

So I was browsing blu-ray.com's new reviews and I see this monstrosity:

For a minute I was wondering if someone ripped off the concept behind The Boys, but it turns out it's a terrible genre mix of Saw I guess?

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Very loosely speaking if someone is making a joke about superheroes and their first go-to is Adam West-style Batman anything, odds are it's going to be a bad joke. Even Kick-rear end had the wisdom to go with a Spider-man riff up front.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

mind the walrus posted:

Very loosely speaking if someone is making a joke about superheroes and their first go-to is Adam West-style Batman anything, odds are it's going to be a bad joke. Even Kick-rear end had the wisdom to go with a Spider-man riff up front.

And while there is an Adam-West-Batman character, he's a supporting role played by Nicolas Cage. So he's becomes the best character of the movie instead.

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD posted:

Two faces you just want to slap the hell out of.

Oh, oh, I recently learned the German word for this: "Backpfeifengesicht!" Thanks, Cracked!

Man, so that was Paul Walker in the 90's, huh? The years have been nothing but kind to him, especially considering he's pushing 40 now.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

Yonic Symbolism posted:

Peter Jackson's Meet the Feebles is also brought to mind.

Also, Meet the Applegates.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

DNS posted:

Haha. What was the movie about/like?

It was a bizarre, unfocused mishmash of found footage, horror, Kick-rear end, and Chronicle, while never actually living up to the potential of any of that. It honestly felt like the 'You know what would be cool?' school of filmmaking where they just tried to shoehorn everything they liked into the script with no regard for whether or not it'd fit with the story they were telling. Absolutely not worth your time.

e: also a lot of the 'reviews' and comments on the imdb page read like the director/crew wrote them.

Actually, as I say it, you know who the writer/director/star reminded me of, in terms of his motivation to make the film and ownership over the project? That Tony Tango guy.

flashy_mcflash fucked around with this message at 16:09 on Jan 29, 2013

Red_Museum
Apr 17, 2011

Shredded Hen

Unusual to have the poster credit in the centre of the poster, I think?

Slim Killington
Nov 16, 2007

I SAID GOOD DAY SIR

Red_Museum posted:

That's because it's actually two posters and they couldn't make up their mind which to keep, so we get a top with no bottom and a bottom with no top. Throw the text in the middle, no one will notice!

Physical
Sep 26, 2007

by T. Finninho

Red_Museum posted:

Ryan Gosling is the in freaking everything this year. And they all look good, or at least interesting enough to check out.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours
Why does Bradley Cooper look like Ralph Fiennes there?

Dillbag
Mar 4, 2007

Click here to join Lem Lee in the Hell Of Being Cut To Pieces
Nap Ghost
And why does it look like they purposely made his ear bigger?

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

There's like a weird Ear Human Centipede going on in that poster. I can't unsee it now.

wyoming
Jun 7, 2010

Like a television
tuned to a dead channel.

Red_Museum posted:

A motorcycle stunt rider turns to robbing banks as a way to provide for his lover and their newborn child, a decision that puts him on a collision course with an ambitious rookie cop navigating a department ruled by a corrupt detective.

Well I'm down.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD posted:

Why does Bradley Cooper look like Ralph Fiennes there?

Thank you, I couldn't place who he was reminding me of.

DNS
Mar 11, 2009

by Smythe
The pine trees above the title are a little cutesy, but they're also in the trailer and I thought that was a nice touch there.

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
But the nice effect of the trees is totally drowned out by the billing names.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

not trolled not crying
Jan 29, 2007

21st Century Awezome Man
Here's 'Upside Nmoo', with JJ Abrams providing some cool scifi lens flares.