Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Major Isoor
Mar 23, 2011

multiple people posted:

Peep Show recommendations

Alright then cool, thanks for the opinions, guys! I'll definitely have to try and find the first season and give that a whirl, then.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Exploder
Nov 15, 2005

Just a humble motherfucker with a big ass dick
Jesus, VagueRant, you have completely sold me on Nikita. I have seen quite a few posts in this thread lauding it, but I think you have motivated me to finally give it a shot. Will report back later. For now I am binging through Terriers. Not the greatest crime drama ever, but it's pretty fun and not a big time commitment at 13 episodes.

isaboo
Nov 11, 2002

Muay Buok
ขอให้โชคดี

Exploder posted:

For now I am binging through Terriers. Not the greatest crime drama ever, but it's pretty fun and not a big time commitment at 13 episodes.

I hope you enjoy Terriers as much as I did. I thought the chemistry between Donal Logue and Michael Raymond-James was great and while I might be in the minority I really liked the ending. It's a shame the show ended so soon :(

Ulio
Feb 17, 2011

Started watching some Welcome Back Kotter for fun, holy poo poo I forgot how amazing the opening is.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QVS3WNt7yRU Such a nice tune.

Exploder
Nov 15, 2005

Just a humble motherfucker with a big ass dick

pahuyuth posted:

I hope you enjoy Terriers as much as I did. I thought the chemistry between Donal Logue and Michael Raymond-James was great and while I might be in the minority I really liked the ending. It's a shame the show ended so soon :(

Oh yeah, Logue and Raymond-James totally make the show. I was also pleasantly surprised by seeing Christopher Cousins. I can watch Christopher Cousins being hit by a car and slowly dying from a brain injury or tripping over a rug, snapping his neck, and having oranges rain on him all day and it will still be funny.

Reggie Died
Mar 24, 2004
I'm about half way through season 1 of Jericho, and I'm enjoying it. One thing that really bugs me though (am I'm probably reading too much into tho) is the whole conflict between Jericho and New Bern. New Bern appears to have a huge threatening army, yet the main reason they are at war with Jericho is because they were over run by two*(? maybe more) trucks of Ravenwood contract soldiers.

letgomyAgo
Aug 6, 2012
Been sick with the flu and binging through Rome all weekend. Just starting the second season now. It's a rewatch for me, and a love hate show. I love the show itself to death, but always hate that it was canned early and doesn't wrap up well.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

letgomyAgo posted:

Been sick with the flu and binging through Rome all weekend. Just starting the second season now. It's a rewatch for me, and a love hate show. I love the show itself to death, but always hate that it was canned early and doesn't wrap up well.

I thought it wrapped up very well and did not really leave any threads hanging. I mean I would have loved some more seasons, but they ended it as well as they could have.

Lyz
May 22, 2007

I AM A GIRL ON WOW GIVE ME ITAMS
Binged through Battleground in the last couple days and I loved it. I hope they do more seasons. It's like The Office but I'm not sick of the characters and the drama is actually good.

CaptainHollywood
Feb 29, 2008

I am an awesome guy and I love to make out during shitty Hollywood horror movies. I am a trendwhore!
Just watched the first season of Girls in less than 24 hours- and I'm starting season 2 right now. I'm a bit tweaked. Random thoughts:

gently caress you Hannah, you're so selfish, and stop being so stupid.
Jessa, you're terrible and you're almost as bad a friend as Hannah
Shoshana, you're too naive so I can't hate/fault you for much
Marnie, I like you, get better friends :smith:
Adam... I don't even know what to say. You're like an douche version of Justin Long. I've never wanted to physically wanted to punch a fictional character before. (at least by the time the season ended, I just wanted to punch him less.)

While I'm not going to say it's a great show, there's not something I've seen like it in a while. I really can't wait for Allison Williams to be star, she is actually gorgeous. http://www.imdb.com/name/nm4129745/ Like a better version of Cobie Smulders/Jennifer Carpenter.

CaptainHollywood fucked around with this message at 17:14 on Jan 28, 2013

Slandible
Apr 30, 2008

Smashed through Warehouse 13's 4 seasons in probably under 2 weeks. drat that show is really addictive. Also powered through many others mentioned over the past year like Terriers, Sherlock, Farscape, Battlestar Galactica, Doctor Who, Dollhouse, Jericho, Trailer Park Boys, Reaper..... gently caress I have an addiction.

Oct 15, 2012

Vault Dweller

How did you like it? I loving love Sherlock.

Is this any good? I've always fancied it but never had the final push. Doesn't it also end on a cliff hanger?

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Chuck Bartowski posted:

Is this any good? I've always fancied it but never had the final push. Doesn't it also end on a cliff hanger?

I was wondering this too and it has Ray Wise.

Slandible
Apr 30, 2008

bobkatt013 posted:

I was wondering this too and it has Ray Wise.

I watched it awhile back, but Ray Wise as the Devil is what makes this show so great. One of the main characters friends is pretty funny too, but Wise commands that show. As for a Cliffhanger, it was cancelled in the off season and the series ended without a real ending. Its not a huge cliffhanger like Twin Peaks kick you in the balls style, but it does end in a place where you will want more.

As for Sherlock, it is another favorite of mine, though short. I believe series 3 is going to be shooting this year.

This year is going to ruin me, shows that are all coming back/being shot are: Warehouse 13, Doctor Who, Luther, Sherlock, Walking Dead, and Breaking Bad. Spring(ish) can't get here fast enough.

Ariza
Feb 8, 2006
Without any sort of spoilers, is season 2 of Spartacus worth watching. I initially despised the first season but it ended up being one of the most satisfying bits of tv ever. I also greatly enjoyed the half season prequel. But I got about twenty minutes into the second season and I was not digging it at all. It seemed like everyones acting became high school theatre quality.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Ariza posted:

Without any sort of spoilers, is season 2 of Spartacus worth watching. I initially despised the first season but it ended up being one of the most satisfying bits of tv ever. I also greatly enjoyed the half season prequel. But I got about twenty minutes into the second season and I was not digging it at all. It seemed like everyones acting became high school theatre quality.

Yes it is very good just keep on watching.

Ariza
Feb 8, 2006

bobkatt013 posted:

Yes it is very good just keep on watching.

gently caress, that was quick. Thanks! I'll start it back up tonight.

Glasgow
Nov 7, 2009

Must you betray me with a kiss?

Ariza posted:

Season 2 is amazing. But season 1 was amazing. After the first episode it's all amazing. Just watch, don't stop.

richardfun
Aug 10, 2008

Twenty years? It's no wonder I'm so hungry. Do you have anything to eat?

Ariza posted:

gently caress, that was quick. Thanks! I'll start it back up tonight.

By season. 2, do you mean the prequel or season 2 proper? Because that's the order you want to watch them in: S1, prequel, S2. Oh, and S3 just started and the premiere was magnificent!

pigdog
Apr 23, 2004

by Smythe
Also, sorry Andy, but prequel was the best.

Meanwhile, I saw all 4 seasons of The Tudors. It's a little bit weaksauce girly romantic, but less so than I feared. Perhaps actual Brits would feel outraged about historical inaccuracies, but going in knowing nothing, and standing clear of historical spoilers, that was pretty good. Jonathan Rhys-Meyers is such a charismatic, regal bell-end, and the effortless depicion of the period (with fantastic costumes) made it easy to get lost in the world. To be perfectly honest, the last scene of the show almost teared me up.

CarlosTheDwarf
Jun 1, 2001
Up shit creek.
Is Touch worth watching?

Flatscan
Mar 27, 2001

Outlaw Journalist

CarlosTheDwarf posted:

Is Touch worth watching?

That depends: Did you really enjoy all the really loving awful bits of Heroes?

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
Anyone watching Utopia (UK)? 3 eps aired.

Seriously brilliant TV, Violent, well written, very funny and well creepy.

isaboo
Nov 11, 2002

Muay Buok
ขอให้โชคดี

Rocksicles posted:

Definitely gonna check this out. The premise sounds really cool.

runaway dog
Dec 11, 2005

I rarely go into the field, motherfucker.
Binging through Deep Space 9, I really like it, but to be honest it's becoming harder and harder to get the motivation to watch it, it's like they show a bunch of cool episodes then they show a bunch of dumb episodes about quark bitching at his mom because she wears clothes or the tragic story about the guy sitting at the bar who never talks faking his own death. I also hate how they do crazy things to certain characters like trap them in a prison in their mind for what feels like 20 years then in the next episode it's like it never happened.

Conduit for Sale!
Apr 17, 2007

Rocksicles posted:

A few of us have been talking about in the general chat thread, and people are talking about it in the British tv thread too. They're significantly less positive in the Brtitish tv thread though. I think their main complaints are the slow pacing and the main characters being pretty bland. I agree with both of those (except for Jessica Hyde, I think she's great and her actress is great), but I'm still really enjoying the show.

Slandible
Apr 30, 2008

I am now smashing through Lost Girl as it was suggested by a friend and Netflix. Though the main character is boring, all the supporting characters are amazing and what make the show so enjoyable to watch.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
also just done 4 eps of Banshee on Cinemax.

Holy crap... WELL worth the look, Not scrimping on the sex or the violence.

Best death scene in a show out side of Spartacus, you'll know it when you see it.

skooma512
Feb 8, 2012

You couldn't grok my race car, but you dug the roadside blur.
I finished the Wire about a week. Really good stuff.

I may actually do it again in a few months. Only time I ever did a tv show again was Battlestar Galactica.

Maybe I should get my grubby paws on SG-1 and give that another go.

richardfun
Aug 10, 2008

Twenty years? It's no wonder I'm so hungry. Do you have anything to eat?

skooma512 posted:

I finished the Wire about a week. Really good stuff.

I may actually do it again in a few months. Only time I ever did a tv show again was Battlestar Galactica.

Maybe I should get my grubby paws on SG-1 and give that another go.

The Wire is even better the second time, you pick up a lot you probably missed the first time around.

The Grey
Mar 2, 2004

Has anyone watched The Event? I thought it was great to start, but it's been progressively slowing down with every episode. I'm on episode 9 now, and am wondering if it's worthwhile finishing.

Flatscan
Mar 27, 2001

Outlaw Journalist

The Grey posted:

wondering if it's worthwhile finishing.

Nope.

Jolan
Feb 5, 2007
I just finished watching the first season of Homeland. I don't think I've ever actually been frustrated with a show before because of how good it is. The seven months until the second season hits the shelves will be torture.

Big Bad Voodoo Lou
Jan 1, 2006

Jolan posted:

I just finished watching the first season of Homeland. I don't think I've ever actually been frustrated with a show before because of how good it is. The seven months until the second season hits the shelves will be torture.

I don't know if it's a possibility for you, but after my wife and I finished Homeland Season 1 on DVD, we subscribed to Showtime for a WEEK because Season 2 had recently wrapped up, and they had the whole season available on demand. We zoomed through the twelve episodes and canceled our subscription, and felt it was a worthy investment to not have to wait.

Jolan
Feb 5, 2007

Big Bad Voodoo Lou posted:

I don't know if it's a possibility for you, but after my wife and I finished Homeland Season 1 on DVD, we subscribed to Showtime for a WEEK because Season 2 had recently wrapped up, and they had the whole season available on demand. We zoomed through the twelve episodes and canceled our subscription, and felt it was a worthy investment to not have to wait.

I'm not from the US, so Showtime won't work for me, sadly.

Happyfacecrazy
Jul 30, 2010

Soft Kitty...
Warm Kitty...
Little Ball of Fur.
Happy Kitty...
Sleepy Kitty...
Purr, Purr, Purrr.
Grimm! Flew through season one and now on season two. Absolutely love it.

Ariza
Feb 8, 2006
Without spoilers, was there some sort of extra middle season for Fringe between four and five? I'm afraid of looking at the thread here or online in general because I just started season five and it's quite a big jump from where the fourth season ended to where the fifth season starts. Now they're all in the future and the observers took over the world. I know with BSG, they had some web episodes to fill in some gaps.

Conduit for Sale!
Apr 17, 2007

Ariza posted:

Without spoilers, was there some sort of extra middle season for Fringe between four and five? I'm afraid of looking at the thread here or online in general because I just started season five and it's quite a big jump from where the fourth season ended to where the fifth season starts. Now they're all in the future and the observers took over the world. I know with BSG, they had some web episodes to fill in some gaps.

Maybe you missed an episode, because episode 19 of season 4 took place in the future and explained what happened.

lordfrikk
Mar 11, 2010

Oh, say it ain't fuckin' so,
you stupid fuck!
Since I came down with the flu on Friday I was looking for something to watch and went through both seasons of Alphas in two days and only found out about the station dropping the show after watching the last episode. I never learn :( (The same happened with Lie to Me and I was so sad because I loved the show.) That said, did the authors at least comment or give hints about any planned future development that would give the show a kind of a closure?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Greyish Orange
Apr 1, 2010

I've been binging through Archer. It's hilarious and very witty - I love all the little callbacks. I can't believe it's not more well known, it fills the gap now that South Park/Futurama etc aren't as popular.