Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

Parachute posted:

Edit: State Farm RE: LIES - They should just tell you that having the middleman insurance agent is one of the reasons your insurance is more expensive than most other companies who provide the same service.

State Farm is actually the cheapest where I live.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Paradox Personified
Mar 15, 2010

:sun: SoroScrew :sun:

QuickbreathFinisher posted:

:byodame: "SICX CAWLERS AHEAD OF US, JIMMEH!

Haaaahahaha the face she makes directly at the end of that line saves the commercial for me. Like a combination of a grimace, a barely-supressed smile, and a bit of gas. But so funny.
gently caress, I hurt my left eye laughing so hard at your post. Um. Huhm.... 'Kay.

U.T. Raptor
May 11, 2010

Are you a pack of imbeciles!?

I'm sick of cancer-related commercials.

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

U.T. Raptor posted:

I'm sick of cancer-related commercials.

I'm sick of commercials for that private cancer treatment center, where someone talks about their old doctor giving them a diagnosis while laughing in their face followed by the new place giving them angelic handjobs until they go into perfect remission and come back healthy as their grandchildren.

*Results not typical. Do not expect these results. In other words, pay us a ransom that Al-Qaeda would be embarrassed to ask for and maybe you won't waste away into a hideous, tortured mockery of a human being before dying in a pool of blood and cold piss. But don't count on it.

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

McSpanky posted:

I'm sick of commercials for that private cancer treatment center, where someone talks about their old doctor giving them a diagnosis while laughing in their face followed by the new place giving them angelic handjobs until they go into perfect remission and come back healthy as their grandchildren.

*Results not typical. Do not expect these results. In other words, pay us a ransom that Al-Qaeda would be embarrassed to ask for and maybe you won't waste away into a hideous, tortured mockery of a human being before dying in a pool of blood and cold piss. But don't count on it.

There is a commercial for an oncology center here in Tampa that looks like a loving cult. It has this creepy lighthouse on it and sullen voices.

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

vyst posted:

There is a commercial for an oncology center here in Tampa that looks like a loving cult. It has this creepy lighthouse on it and sullen voices.

Doesn't surprise me in the least, undoubtedly there's a strong business in separating the terminally ill from their hope money. I think the one I was referring to is the Cancer Treatment Centers of America or something, so it should be airing at least regionally around their multiple centers if not nationwide. Their patient stories all have the same emotional beats like I outlined (and exaggerated... somewhat) and the fine print is always the same: good loving luck getting results as fortunate as the people we signed for these ads, suckers!

Andorra
Dec 12, 2012
The loudest commercial I've ever seen is one that (thankfully) hasn't been on in a few years. It starts with extremely loud stock metal/rock music and shows a bunch of random stock photos. There's never any talking or text in the commercial, just the loud music and pictures of happy looking people. At the end it finally has the name of the what it's advertising.

Can you guess what it's for? ______ Family Dentistry

FuzzySkinner
May 23, 2012

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=aX1ghwzn7NU

This commercial is annoying and creeps me the gently caress out.

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something

vyst posted:

Sorta kinda is. Cancer Treatment Centers of America have a heavy religious component to their treatment. So if all the chemo and surgeries don't work, they will literally turn to you and say "Maybe just try praying really hard."

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away
With the rays of morning light

FuzzySkinner posted:

Why children shouldn't swig Nyquil.

anticake
Nov 5, 2004

Biscuit Hider

McSpanky posted:

Their patient stories all have the same emotional beats like I outlined (and exaggerated... somewhat) and the fine print is always the same: good loving luck getting results as fortunate as the people we signed for these ads, suckers!

Isn't this really every commercial with testimonials? Exercising with this fantastic contraption and I was losing like a pound a day (results not typical). Doing this incredibly intense workout I not only lost a hundred pounds but now look like an underwear model (results not typical). This diet where you buy a poo poo ton of lovely food we say tastes great all from us at a remarkable markup will help you lose weight (results not typical). I lost a million pounds eating whatever the gently caress Taco Bell calls their bullshit healthy menu (results not typical). I became a slightly pudgy dude instead of a mountain of a man by eating Subway (results not typical).

Vicas
Dec 9, 2009

Sweet tricks, mom.

McSpanky posted:

To be fair, when I was at Memorial Sloan Kettering, the care was leagues and leagues ahead of literally any other hospital or medical center I have ever been in. Like, I've seen people hugging and thanking the parking attendants there. So basically every dedicated cancer center has to hold themselves up to that standard now, or find some way to make themselves that special.

ElwoodCuse
Jan 11, 2004

we're puttin' the band back together

vyst posted:

I've been seeing ads for super fancy rehab places. Why the hell are the advertising on TV? They look like you would need Lindsey Lohan money to afford staying there for more than a day.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"

ElwoodCuse posted:

They look like you would need Lindsey Lohan money to afford staying there for more than a day.

So....no money, then?

TontoCorazon
Aug 18, 2007

Gonz posted:

So....no money, then?

Negative money.

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

anticake posted:

Isn't this really every commercial with testimonials?

Yeah, it just strikes me as particularly reprehensible when they're talking about treating a terminal illness.

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

Good hunter, free us from this waking nightmare

Why is the Wendy's girl so smug now? Some dude is all savin' some dollars with his no frills burger and she's all "Me too! Wendy's. :smug: and the dude is all :geno: and she's all "GOIN' IN! :smug:"

Goin' in more like go gently caress yourself you third rate burger tart.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

Wendy's has some decent chicken sandwiches, but I have never met a person in all my years on this earth who actually goes out of their way to obtain a hamburger from Wendy's.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

I want to get in touch with this woman's agent, so I too can be involved in nearly every commercial in America.

Gonz fucked around with this message at 10:15 on Jan 30, 2013

RaspberryCommie
May 3, 2008

Stop! My penis can only get so erect.

Gonz posted:

Wendy's has some decent chicken sandwiches, but I have never met a person in all my years on this earth who actually goes out of their way to obtain a hamburger from Wendy's.

I used to really enjoy the Baconator. (I know it's goony as gently caress, but it used to be good) But lately, ever since Dave Thomas Died actually, it's been all greasy and gross.

Clamknuckle
Sep 7, 2006

Groovy
The Baconator came out well after Dave died.

RaspberryCommie
May 3, 2008

Stop! My penis can only get so erect.

Clamknuckle posted:

The Baconator came out well after Dave died.

It did? Well it was after some major change in the way they did food or some other big shakeup in the company then.

They changed the buns and the burgers were cooked differently and basically went from "tastes like a burger" to "congealed grease" so I stopped eating them.

Tragedienne
Sep 7, 2007

"I need your stage no longer. I dance for myself."
I can't wait until tax season is over with. The endless barrage of "THIS IS HOW WE DOOOO IIIIT!" is what I assume some layers of hell to be like. :suicide:

Buzkashi
Feb 4, 2003
College Slice

Gonz posted:

I want to get in touch with this woman's agent, so I too can be involved in nearly every commercial in America.

Jesus christ she must make a fortune in royalties

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

Gonz posted:

If you pay attention you'll notice a lot of the same people in commercials. I always see That One Black Guy and That One Asian guy in commercials all the time, but my favorites are the ones that are doppelgangers of more famous people, like the Anne Hathaway one, or the Megan Mulally one.

...Somebody here knows what I'm talking about, right?

raditts fucked around with this message at 14:20 on Jan 30, 2013

404GoonNotFound
Aug 6, 2006

The McRib is back!?!?
Don't forget that Danny Pudi was loving everywhere in commercials before landing his role on Community.

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

See I like to think of her commercials as one continuous universe and she divorces her rear end in a top hat directtv husband to move in with Mr. Jack in the Box.

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

DrBouvenstein posted:

What bugs me most about one State Farm commercial is the two dues in the car in the middle of a bunch of bison.

1) Why are they in the middle of a herd of bison?

2) Why does one of them say, "I can't believe we've never done this before."

Done what? Park your car in the middle of a road that inexplicably has a thousand bison on it?

You've never been to Yellowstone National Park have you?

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

I'M FEELING JIMMY

FuzzySkinner posted:

Right off the bat, I thought this was really cute and would be about some sort of healthy cereal or somthing. And then it was a car commercial, again. Everything is car commercials now. Or car insurance commercials.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

My debut albuuuum.

Swear to God I hear that 10 times a day. And the guy speaks in the most annoying way. "HOW YOU ASK"

Doctor Butts
May 21, 2002

FuzzySkinner posted:

Yea, its like taking all the creepy poo poo from the Muppets and combining it with all the creepy poo poo from HR Pufnstuf.

ElwoodCuse
Jan 11, 2004

404GoonNotFound posted:

Don't forget that Danny Pudi was loving everywhere in commercials before landing his role on Community.

Really? I can only remember the "butt-dialing" cell phone one.

The lady from the dog treats and pooping commercials is a Brand X salesperson in a Honda ad now.

Miss Kalle
Jan 4, 2013

This avatar is lacking a certain something, don't you think? IT'S MISSING YOUR SCREAMS, TRANSFER STUDENT!

Codependent Poster posted:

My debut albuuuum.

Swear to God I hear that 10 times a day. And the guy speaks in the most annoying way. "HOW YOU ASK"

I will give them this, they couldn't have hired anyone better to perfectly play a douchebag like that. :v:

Vin BioEthanol
Jan 18, 2002

by Ralp

I really can't stand the one where her and the husband are wearing pajamas like the original 1950s Dennis the menace's parents would wear (If I'm wrong about that it's still a horrible ad/sitcom thing to do) and the husband "catches" her taking some dry storebought cereal or granola bar that she apparently passes off as her own. "I'm in deep babe".

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

Miss Kalle posted:

I will give them this, they couldn't have hired anyone better to perfectly play a douchebag like that. :v:

He looks like a fatter in the face Jesse Spencer (Chase from House). I think i posted that before, oh well idgaf!

Vakal
May 11, 2008

Capn Beeb posted:

Why is the Wendy's girl so smug now? Some dude is all savin' some dollars with his no frills burger and she's all "Me too! Wendy's. :smug: and the dude is all :geno: and she's all "GOIN' IN! :smug:"

Goin' in more like go gently caress yourself you third rate burger tart.

I'm not sure about the latest Wendy's girl commercials, but the original ones always ended with her sucking on a straw.

ElwoodCuse
Jan 11, 2004

Btw Wendy's girl, that stuff you are "saving money" on actually costs more than $8 plus tax on the dollar everyday value menu

If you really wanted to save money you could bring a lunch from home but w/e

Doctor Butts
May 21, 2002

This thread is making me want to re-watch all of the redhead Wendy's commercials to see if she's always been a huge bitch or just a bitch since the school play commercial.

edit: Wendy's has been greasy for a very, very long time. It was just a matter of time till your dining experience there revealed as such.

Cheapsteaks
Apr 25, 2008

Getting a heavy metal avatar leads to far fewer regrets than a heavy metal tattoo.

Mister Kingdom posted:

Why children shouldn't swig Nyquil.

When I watched this commercial I had it muted and had some eery instrumental death metal playing over it. I thought it WAS part of the commercial until I looked down to see that I had Youtube muted.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

Good hunter, free us from this waking nightmare

Cheapsteaks posted:

When I watched this commercial I had it muted and had some eery instrumental death metal playing over it. I thought it WAS part of the commercial until I looked down to see that I had Youtube muted.

This got me curious.

http://www.youtubedoubler.com/?vide...&authorName=FAV

It works so well. :stare: