Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mobo85
Apr 21, 2007

I've just insulted the macaroni and cheese recipe of a whale! What part of that is not evil?

DivisionPost posted:

Is there any word at all when they'll be finishing off Scooby Doo: Mystery Incorporated? Or should I not hold my breath?

EDIT: For gently caress's sake, they already started airing in New Zealand. NEW ZEALAND.

Cartoon Network posted:

RETURNING SERIES/SPECIALS
- Adventure Time
- Regular Show
- Annoying Orange
- MAD
- The Amazing World of Gumball
- The Looney Tunes Show
- Ben 10 Omniverse
- Dreamworks Dragons: Riders of Berk
- Scooby-Doo! Mystery Inc.
- Johnny Test
- Pokémon Black & White: Adventures in Unova
- Beyblade Metal Fury
- Almost Naked Animals
- Scaredy Squirrel

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DivisionPost
Jun 28, 2006

Nobody likes you.
Everybody hates you.
You're gonna lose.

Smile, you fuck.

So! Sometime in the next twelve months! I bet they'd print it in really small type if they could get away with it!

(I shouldn't be bitter; at least the ending'll see the light of day. And it got billing over Johnny loving Test!)

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

I'm kind of lukewarm on that list in general, but after reading that Beware the Batman description I'm legitimately mad that they cancelled Brave and the Bold for that.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

DivisionPost posted:

Is there any word at all when they'll be finishing off Scooby Doo: Mystery Incorporated? Or should I not hold my breath?

EDIT: For gently caress's sake, they already started airing in New Zealand. NEW ZEALAND.

I see they're copying Nickelodeon's approach for airing episodes of Avatar.

FuzzySkinner
May 23, 2012

flipped through the channel guide to see they were showing "Nick News" on Nickelodeon tonight, I then was curious to google the show itself and if any other kids my age (90's era) were kind of annoyed to have their cartoon viewing interrupted in favor of some news special..

...and I'll be damned, the first thing that came up was some thread at IGN she apparently posted in, and then kind of owned all the posters in.

My respect for her went up two folds, and now I feel bad.

mobo85
Apr 21, 2007

I've just insulted the macaroni and cheese recipe of a whale! What part of that is not evil?
Upon reading up on the Linda Ellerbee IGN thing (combined with the fact that she even put a shoutout to them in an episode about, appropriately, cyberbullying as proof it was really her), I too am part of the "Linda Ellerbee is awesome" camp. Especially when she wrote stuff like this:

Linda Ellerbee posted:

Now, as for the recent thread entitled "Linda Ellerbee sure is a fat, disgusting skanky ho," I want to point out that you are a bully. Also, you have an unfair advantage, as you know what I look like, whereas I've no idea what you, who hide your hurtful words behind little postage stamp characters and funny names, look like. But never mind. You're young. Maybe you'll grow some human kindness. Or at least some more brains. I am overweight, true. Am I disgusting? A judgment call. Same with skanky. HO, I am not, unless you consider all writers to be HOs. Still, it has the feel of calling someone a poo-poo head. My four-year-old grandson does that. I suspect you have much in common.

As for calling me an "old bitch" and thinking it's an insult...well, wrong. "Old," my dear, is what you get to be if you're lucky. And "bitch" does not strike me as an insult either. In my case, it is certainly true.

Tartarus Sauce
Jan 16, 2006

friendship is magic
in a pony paradise
don't you judge me
Way to go, Linda Ellerbee. She manages to fight back, while staying classy.

Fishylungs
Jan 12, 2008
I just read that in her voice, it's hilarious!

Seriously, Linda Ellerbee is a national treasure, what is wrong with some people?

Andrew_1985
Sep 18, 2007
Hay hay hay!
So now we've lost Scooby Doo: Mystery Incorporated, Tron Uprising and Young Justice. I'm going to miss Young Justice and Tron Uprising most of all.

At least Gravity Falls is still around... right?

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009

Andrew_1985 posted:

So now we've lost Scooby Doo: Mystery Incorporated, Tron Uprising and Young Justice. I'm going to miss Young Justice and Tron Uprising most of all.

At least Gravity Falls is still around... right?
Yeah but it's not like Disney have any urgency to air more when Ultimate Spiderman is their best show by mere default.

Seriously, that getting more airtime than Gravity Falls just gets right up my nose.

Magnus Condomus
Apr 23, 2010

Andrew_1985 posted:

mobo85 posted:

RETURNING SERIES/SPECIALS
- Adventure Time
- Regular Show
- Annoying Orange
- MAD
- The Amazing World of Gumball
- The Looney Tunes Show
- Ben 10 Omniverse
- Dreamworks Dragons: Riders of Berk
- Scooby-Doo! Mystery Inc.
- Johnny Test
- Pokémon Black & White: Adventures in Unova
- Beyblade Metal Fury
- Almost Naked Animals
- Scaredy Squirrel
I mean, yeah, it might only be two seasons, but at least they're going to actually show the remaining episodes.

devtesla
Jan 2, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Cartoon Network posted:

Clarence: From creator Skyler Page, Clarence is a new original animated series about an optimistic boy who wants to do everything. Because everything is amazing! Clarence was conceived as part of the shorts development program at Cartoon Network Studios.

Guys, Skyler Page is the dude who made Crater Face, that short about the two moon pimples who fall in love with the help of a spaceman. This is a good announcement!

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
Surprised Mystery Inc. is still alive. It got marathoned and burned through a while ago. That and timeslot fuckery are classic cancel signs.

Also new PPGs look like crap. Well at least we got new Bats.

DivisionPost
Jun 28, 2006

Nobody likes you.
Everybody hates you.
You're gonna lose.

Smile, you fuck.

PhazonLink posted:

Surprised Mystery Inc. is still alive. It got marathoned and burned through a while ago. That and timeslot fuckery are classic cancel signs.

Oh, it's cancelled; technically we're still in the middle of Season 2.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

PhazonLink posted:

Also new PPGs look like crap. Well at least we got new Bats.

Really? I think they look kinda nice. I mean, I like the old ones better, but I'll hold out calling it total crap 'til I see actual animation.

Good Listener
Sep 2, 2006

Ask me about moons
Fact #1 The Moon is really cool
Sad to hear about Young Justice. A friend and I were having fun marathoning it :(

I kinda am intrigued with the new PPG though if only cuz I get a Wind Wakery vibe off the style/coloring there.

max4me
Jun 15, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

DivisionPost posted:

Oh, it's cancelled; technically we're still in the middle of Season 2.

I was under the impression the main story arch was planned to go over two seasons.

The problem with shows that just get canceled is there is no conclusion, like with tron.

I remember when teen titans got cancled because of the no more than 5 seasons rule. I understand why johny test is around. But why is ben 10 still around?

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

max4me posted:

I remember when teen titans got cancled because of the no more than 5 seasons rule. I understand why johny test is around. But why is ben 10 still around?

Because it keeps changing its name to skirt the rules.

Or are you asking why it's still around like the "this premise is stale" way?

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

TwoPair posted:

I guess Young Justice tried to do the same thing by adding Invasion to its title

max4me
Jun 15, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

TwoPair posted:

I am more interested in the why/how some shows are kept while other shows are axed.

It would make sense to retire a show like with samurai jack tell the creator he has x episodes to wrap it up or make a 2 hour tv movie to finish the story.

Edit: if I have it right Teen titans was cancled and replaced by Ben 10, which just keeps going and going

404GoonNotFound
Aug 6, 2006

The McRib is back!?!?

max4me posted:

Edit: if I have it right Teen titans was cancled and replaced by Ben 10, which just keeps going and going

It's already been rebooted three times, actually. Alien Force, Ultimate Alien, Omniverse. It's the same trick Justice League used to get three more seasons as JLU.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

It's mind boggling how arbitrary and utterly loving stupid that rule is in the first place.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

raditts posted:

It's mind boggling how arbitrary and utterly loving stupid that rule is in the first place.

Yea can anyone with better knowledge of the system explain the point of it? It feels like it's a network shooting themselves in the foot by actively avoiding long running brand recognition.

NieR Occomata
Jan 18, 2009

Glory to Mankind.

Glitterbomber posted:

Yea can anyone with better knowledge of the system explain the point of it? It feels like it's a network shooting themselves in the foot by actively avoiding long running brand recognition.

Blah blah doo doo syndication numbers increasing everyone's salary.

And when you look at it from the perspective of "After we hit 80/100 episodes, every subsequent one is gonna cost us double what we were previously paying" it's actually pretty logical and smart to run a hard cap on series.

SlothfulCobra
Mar 27, 2011

The only way I can imagine it making sense is that maybe after 5 years the kids who watched the show from the start will have grown up and Cartoon Network has to get started on a new batch of viewers. Most kids stop watching the same cartoons after turn into teenagers. It also makes sense to try your damnedest to keep your lineup from going stale, but that's no excuse to kick out shows so unceremoniously.

Isn't it an almost universal consensus that the Simpsons went bad after [season I grew up watching]?

El Tortuga
Apr 27, 2007

ˇTerrible es el Guerrero de Tortuga!

SlothfulCobra posted:

Isn't it an almost universal consensus that the Simpsons went bad after [season I grew up watching]?

The Simpsons didn't become bad because you grew up, The Simpsons became bad because it became bad.

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

SlothfulCobra posted:

The only way I can imagine it making sense is that maybe after 5 years the kids who watched the show from the start will have grown up and Cartoon Network has to get started on a new batch of viewers. Most kids stop watching the same cartoons after turn into teenagers. It also makes sense to try your damnedest to keep your lineup from going stale, but that's no excuse to kick out shows so unceremoniously.

You mean episode 2 of season 9, "The Principal and the Pauper?" Because viewers of all ages agree on that one.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

Are there people that still watch The Simpsons aside from people that watched it back in the 90s when it was good and still watch out of some misguided hope that it will be good again? I mean most of my younger cousins and stuff are in the 20s now but The Simpsons doesn't seem to be a thing with those that are still teenagers.

Occupation posted:

Blah blah doo doo syndication numbers increasing everyone's salary.

And when you look at it from the perspective of "After we hit 80/100 episodes, every subsequent one is gonna cost us double what we were previously paying" it's actually pretty logical and smart to run a hard cap on series.

Why would some arbitrary episode number suddenly start costing more to produce?

raditts fucked around with this message at 04:36 on Jan 30, 2013

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

This world only remembers the results!

raditts posted:

Union contacts and poo poo. After producing so many episodes they have to get paid more or something something.

Dr Tran
Dec 17, 2002

HE'S GOT A PH.D. IN
KICKING YOUR ASS!

raditts posted:

Are there people that still watch The Simpsons aside from people that watched it back in the 90s when it was good and still watch out of some misguided hope that it will be good again? I mean most of my younger cousins and stuff are in the 20s now but The Simpsons doesn't seem to be a thing with those that are still teenagers.

I've been watching since Tracy Ullman. I still enjoy it.

horriblePencilist
Oct 18, 2012

It's a Dirt Devil!
Get it?
If people change the name of a series to "reboot" it to avoid double salary, then what defines a series? It can't just be the name, can it? I mean, we'd be seeing more shows like that if that was all you had to do.

I'm liking that Steven Universe poster, but I'm afraid Steven is going to be an unlikable rear end in a top hat. The nostrils kinda creep me out, too. The PPG-redesign looks great. The new hair reflects their personalities even better, while still looking a lot like the original. Buttercups widow's peak is crazy high, though.

NieR Occomata
Jan 18, 2009

Glory to Mankind.

raditts posted:

Union contracts, plus actors realize that every episode they're working on is just for syndication (i.e. it puts tons of money in the studio's pocket) and usually force a contract renegotiation.

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

raditts posted:

I still watch it but I don't know why. Actually that's true of all Fox's animation except Bob's Burgers.

FuzzySkinner
May 23, 2012

El Tortuga posted:

The Simpsons didn't become bad because you grew up, The Simpsons became bad because it became bad.

I heard it was due to the fact that when Futurama came on the air, all the good writers went to that show, thus leaving The Simpsons with subpar writing.

I started to really quit watching the simpsons whenever other episode featured Lisa Simpson as coming off as a bit of a snob.

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

So new power rangers this weekend. I don't know if this is gonna be a train wreck or nostalgia overload.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

FuzzySkinner posted:

I heard it was due to the fact that when Futurama came on the air, all the good writers went to that show, thus leaving The Simpsons with subpar writing.

I started to really quit watching the simpsons whenever other episode featured Lisa Simpson as coming off as a bit of a snob.
Same thing with American Dad? Or were they all new writers?

readingatwork
Jan 8, 2009

Hello Fatty!

Fun Shoe

RBX posted:

So new power rangers this weekend. I don't know if this is gonna be a train wreck or nostalgia overload.

I don't see why it can't be both.

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

SlothfulCobra posted:

Can't say that I'll miss Young Justice. The show was way too serious for its own good. Especially considering how some of the villains were trying to conquer the world via addictive sports drinks.
Those last two sentences seem to completely contradict each other.

Cartoon Network new shows posted:

A cool, new take on the classic Dark Knight franchise... Along with backup from ex-secret agent Alfred
:stare: Say what? Most of the other shows sound decent or better, but drat if that new Batman doesn't sound terrible.

mobo85 posted:

Upon reading up on the Linda Ellerbee IGN thing (combined with the fact that she even put a shoutout to them in an episode about, appropriately, cyberbullying as proof it was really her), I too am part of the "Linda Ellerbee is awesome" camp. Especially when she wrote stuff like this:
:iceburn:

Hell, I didn't even know she was still around.

Dr Tran
Dec 17, 2002

HE'S GOT A PH.D. IN
KICKING YOUR ASS!

Y-Hat posted:

:stare: Say what? Most of the other shows sound decent or better, but drat if that new Batman doesn't sound terrible.
Not mentioned is that Alfred shoots guns.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Argue
Sep 29, 2005

I represent the Philippines

Y-Hat posted:

Alfred in the field is kind of weird, but for what it's worth, I'm pretty sure he was an ex-secret agent in BTAS too.