Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zamujasa
Oct 27, 2010

Bread Liar

Golden-i posted:

holy gently caress I don't even know how to feel about this

AN UNSTOPPABLE KILLING MACHINE IS SLEEPING IN MY HOUSE

this is the way the world ends

not with a bang but an adorable little squeak on three legs :3:

good catdrugs, good cattes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ChickenOfTomorrow
Nov 11, 2012

god damn it, you've got to be kind

TOO SCSI FOR MY CAT posted:

That's how we adopted Alex the wild cat.

That's a lovely story. I'm sorry for the loss of your cat-sis; she sounded special.

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

xarph posted:

morning neighborcatte status

holly come home!!

quote:

?
______________________/

Pollyanna fucked around with this message at 23:52 on Jan 30, 2013

Golden-i
Sep 18, 2006

One big, stumpy family

That's how we adopted Alex the wild cat.

I think that the issue is that your cat was too SCSI for you, not the other way around... :unsmith: more alex stories please, I really liked that one

refurb is getting good at tokyo drifting around the house

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

i gotta get a laser pen

Cocoa Crispies
Jul 20, 2001

Vehicular Manslaughter!

Pillbug

Golden-i
Sep 18, 2006

One big, stumpy family
One more gif - time to trim refub's nails, when she gets traction she runs like a silent hill monster

e - god drat the ccd noise on this camera is loving atrocious

TOO SCSI FOR MY CAT
Oct 12, 2008

this is what happens when you take UI design away from engineers and give it to a bunch of hipster art student "designers"
Story 2: the bird incident

Like most cats, Alex loved hunting small animals and bringing them into the house. Our house had a big backyard with lots of plants, so she had plenty of prey to choose from.

The first things she brought in were june bugs. For those who don't live in California, june bugs are these big-rear end armored flying beetles:

They were so big that she couldn't get a good grip on them in her mouth, so once she carried one in it would escape and fly all over the house making an awful buzzing noise and flying into people. This was kind of gross, but we learned how to avoid them, and then the bugs became hours of cat-amusement as she stalked it through the house. Eventually the bug would tire out and either she'd eat it, or we'd throw it in the trash.

When she got older, she discovered mice. The first few times she brought in a mouse we didn't mind so much, because she hadn't fully figured out the cat-mouse relationship. She'd haul one in, let it go, it would run around in a panic, and we'd shoo it back out. This got pretty annoying, so we put a small bell on her collar to give any mice a heads-up.

Then she started hunting birds, which was pretty distressing because birds are much more fragile than mice. You'd just be walking through the living room and see a decapitated sparrow behind a chair. I got real good at cleaning blood out of a carpet. After the second or third dead bird, Alex was given a much larger and noisier bell. With the new bell, Alex made a cute jingling noise when she walked, and couldn't sneak up on anything. For a couple months, we had peace. She ignored mice and bugs because birds were more fun, and she couldn't catch birds because the bell was so loud.

Then, one day, I came home from school to discover chaos. The rugs were all topsy-turvey. poo poo was knocked off of counters. The dog was hiding in a corner. And laying amidst the mess was a dusting of feathers.

Then I hear something. In context, it was one of the worst sounds imaginable.

There was a LIVE pigeon cooing somewhere nearby.

Tracking this unwelcome noise I discover Alex in my parent's bedroom, crouched and obviously terrified. Backed into a corner, her fur was puffed out to maximum and her ears were all the way back. Her eyes were wide open, like a little kid who had just been strapped into a roller coaster.

In front of her was a pigeon that was at least as big as the cat, if not bigger. It was the biggest loving pigeon I've ever seen. I have no idea how she even fit it through the pet door, much less caught it. And it was seriously pissed off. Artist's impression:

In a panic, I grab a towel from the bathroom and throw it over the pigeon. It flips out. Then ALEX flips out. She's hissing and trying to jump on the heaving towel and feathers are flying everywhere and I'm wondering how I'm going to explain to mom that our cat was killed by a giant pigeon.

Eventually I manage to corral Alex into a closet and close the door. The pigeon-towel is carried to a door and flung onto the lawn, where it releases its fearsome captive.

Alex went back to hunting bugs, and never brought in another bird.

vanilla slimfast
Dec 6, 2006

If anyone needs me, I'll be in the Angry Dome

this is what I woke up to this morning

Radio!
Mar 15, 2008

Look at that post.

hahahah this is fantastic :haw:

Golden-i
Sep 18, 2006

One big, stumpy family

hahaha how the gently caress did she manage to get something like that inside without getting killed

stringstheory
Mar 3, 2005

if you wish to roll a joint from scratch you must first invent the universe:420:

:swoon:

TOO SCSI FOR MY CAT
Oct 12, 2008

this is what happens when you take UI design away from engineers and give it to a bunch of hipster art student "designers"

Golden-i posted:

hahaha how the gently caress did she manage to get something like that inside without getting killed
wild cat :black101:

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Golden-i posted:

duTrieux.
Oct 9, 2003

MORE CURLY FRIES
Apr 8, 2004

quote:

and I'm wondering how I'm going to explain to mom that our cat was killed by a giant pigeon.

Lol

Taerkar
Dec 7, 2002

kind of into it, really

Clearly Alex was called away to Valhalla by the Norse Gods.

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

aaaaahahahahhahaha

godspeed alex :patriot:

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

Aww, these Alex stories are adorable. :3: Our wildish cat brought a live pigeon in once. Only a baby one though. He loved bringing birds home. Sometimes alive, sometimes in pieces.

Golden-i
Sep 18, 2006

One big, stumpy family
I'm afraid to let refurb be an outside cat on the off chance that she brings home a new leg

teh z0rg
Nov 17, 2012

yeah same

lunate
Oct 13, 2012

We adopted two four-month-old kittens. They are menaces

A Curvy Goonette
Jul 3, 2007

"Anyone who enjoys MWO is a shitty player. You have to hate it in order to be pro like me."

I'm actually just very good at curb stomping randoms on a team. :ssh:
you need to upgrade your food

PipeRifle
Oct 4, 2004

we have catte

woobie

TOO SCSI FOR MY CAT
Oct 12, 2008

this post was going to be story 3 but I just threw out a bag full of old cat toys so story time isn't going to happen tonight.

I'm keeping this one. it was one of the first toys we got her, and easily her favorite. it's a catnip mouse that's been chewed on, disemboweled, re-emboweled and sewed together, and chewed on some more. sometimes she would carry it to you, meow, and drop it at your feet, asking to play fetch. even da bird was second place behind her mouse.

Eggplant Wizard
Jul 8, 2005

i loev catte
Wow, I am glad I suggested the story thing. Alex sounds like she was a really special cat. Thank you for sharing her with us :unsmith:

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

A Curvy Goonette posted:

srs

:kimchi:

you can frame it

lunate
Oct 13, 2012

A Curvy Goonette posted:

The food is not my fault

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

lunate posted:

The food is not my fault

look. you use the best mouse ever made in the time of humans. fix the situation

ChickenOfTomorrow
Nov 11, 2012

god damn it, you've got to be kind

graph posted:

that's odd I don't see a Trackman Wheel on that desk

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

ChickenOfTomorrow posted:

that's odd I don't see a Trackman Wheel on that desk

thats because thats a piece of dog poo poo garbage

Elder Postsman
Aug 30, 2000

i used hot bot to search for "teens"

graph posted:

i had the black one, it broke :(

duckfarts
Jul 2, 2010

~ shameful ~

Soiled Meat
Alex stories super-own, thanks for sharing them

devmd01
Mar 7, 2006

Elektronik
Supersonik
Lots of good snuggle time tonight.

Deviant
Sep 26, 2003

i've forgotten all of your names.

Ada stattus: On laundry. Not sick anymore. :woop:

Pilli
Jul 3, 2011

Dogs have owners,
cats have staff

lunate posted:

We adopted two four-month-old kittens. They are menaces

These are some fine cattes :3:. now we need the names

_____

I got an urge to build a fireplace in my home, go buy a big fluffly blanket, print out the Alex stories and read them by the fire while sipping hot spiced wine and thinking how this thread is a good place to be when your catte has gone to heaven :unsmith:

Livingston
Jun 28, 2007

:zombie:hiiitsss:zombie:

Eggplant Wizard
Jul 8, 2005

i loev catte

(click to have a lot of feelings. warm fuzzy good catte owner feelings)

mod sassinator
Dec 13, 2006
I came here to Kick Ass and Chew Bubblegum,
and I'm All out of Ass

good cat. she looks a lot like my long haired tortie

torties are the best :getin:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stay Safe
Sep 1, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Eggplant Wizard posted:

(click to have a lot of feelings. warm fuzzy good catte owner feelings)

fascinating story. I felt like a kid reading this imgur picture book and the feeling at the end