Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

Gatts posted:

I think this is a Deadman ready for his Mania match.

Are there going to be reports of the Undertaker naked in a supermarket due to a fugue state?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Strenuous Manflurry
Sep 5, 2006

THE END

Jay 2K Winger posted:

ETA: Now, anyone have that picture of Daisuke Sekimoto, blood on his face, giving the perfect :stare: of doom?

I actually screencapped that from his match with Ibushi.

And still my favorite sign.

Rad R.
Oct 10, 2012

Jerusalem posted:

If they actually painted this then that is pretty impressive, but it looks like they just applied a couple of photoshop filters to a photograph.

He did actually paint it, check out his DeviantArt gallery, I had a look just to make sure. Photoshop filters like paint dubs or posterize can't give such detailed results.
Edit: Someone mentioned tracing. That's possible.

Rad R. fucked around with this message at 17:57 on Jan 30, 2013

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

I know ya want meeeeeeeee

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

Julio Cesar Fatass posted:

That's a porkpie, old son.

This picture looks photoshoped and I can't get over it.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

This face just gives me the feeling of "I have hosed up on a monumental scale. However, there is no point in running, as Daisuke will catch me. And running will only make him more angry."

Jabba The American
Sep 5, 2011

I'm gonna have you thrown out of here in a minute!

Adrian Adonis has really slimmed down since retiring.

handsome only face
Apr 22, 2010

Cockroach went out of the room in anger. And roach's go to empty room...

Cockroache's Anarchist

feed me more

schweens
Jan 14, 2011

kakarot ain't got shit on me
Who is that giant man standing behind Goldberg in the last pic golden oldies pete posted? He looks Khali big

handsome only face
Apr 22, 2010

Cockroache's Anarchist

hee hee heeheehee

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

I will never get tired of Tajiri's facial expressions.

handsome only face
Apr 22, 2010

Cockroache's Anarchist

Wario Kart 64 posted:

Who is that giant man standing behind Goldberg in the last pic golden oldies pete posted? He looks Khali big

its giant silva he was in the oddities and teamed w/ Khali in NJPW and fought a couple times in PRIDE & K1, my hint was really bad and I feel bad

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

Giant Silva like like Khali but actually decent. Hell, I've seen him pull off superplexes.

Jay 2K Winger
Oct 10, 2007

What are you looking for?

On the one hand, this is great. Thanks.

On the other, it's coming from Manflurry. gently caress.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

I've seen this match and it is amazing.

Also

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

Perry Normal
Jul 23, 2010

Humans disgust me. Vile creatures.

Edwardian posted:

Perry, I am so sorry. :sympathy:

Thanks. Sorry to hear about your uncle, Perigryn.

Brodie's a crazy looking dude.

Root Bear
Nov 15, 2004

DARKEST SKETCH

I actually heard the "guardrail sound" in my head the second I saw this :gonk:

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

DIRECTIVE 236: Promote pro-social values
I posted scans from some weird stuff in WWF Magazine before and people seemed fine with it, so I was thinking it could be cool to occasionally go through an issue and post some of the stranger/cooler images contained therein. Please just let me know if this isn't kosher.

This issue is from July 1995 and is the hype issue for King of the Ring. This is not a good period for WWE, as demonstrated by the KOTR participants previewed in the mag: Undertaker, Mabel, Shawn Michaels, Kama, Bob Holly, The Roadie (Vic Venom's pick to win it all!), Razor Ramon, and Yokozuna.

The real star of this issue is last year's winner: Owen Hart. The issue is full of awesome pictures of smug King Owen.

But he's not always smug. Sometimes he's very self-satisfied instead.

Each month had a superstar feature with a pull-out poster and interview. The answer to the last question in this one is particularly :(

This month also had a feature on little DH Smith, the British Bulldog's son. Here he is being excited out of his mind to do pretend commentary with the legendary Aldo Montoya.

He is not thrilled, however, to have to hang out with Bob Holly. Sparky Plugg is trying to show off his race car but DH Smith is having none of that poo poo.

Two friends share a loving glance as a Diesel doll takes more offense than Kevin Nash ever has.

I always felt that WWF missed a golden opportunity by not letting JTT get the urn and control the Undertaker.

Look at this suave motherfucker. Piper, always ahead of his time, wearing "No Fear" apparel a few years before it became popular. If only he had trademarked it.

King Kong Bundy killing his namesake. Man, woman, or ape, the man does not give a poo poo. He will kill you.

Cromulent
Dec 22, 2002

People are under a lot of stress, Bradley.
I forgot about those pull-out poster/interviews. I distinctly remember Diesel's favorite show being Space Ghost Coast to Coast, because I had just seen the show for the first time a few days prior.

Paper Jam Dipper
Jul 14, 2007

by XyloJW

This. This was the picture that made me hate Jonathan Taylor Thomas. gently caress him getting to meet the Undertaker and barely acting impressed. Especially since I kind of looked like him.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

Paper Jam Dipper posted:

This. This was the picture that made me hate Jonathan Taylor Thomas. gently caress him getting to meet the Undertaker and barely acting impressed. Especially since I kind of looked like him.

Then you found out he was an insane pro-lifer.

Paper Jam Dipper
Jul 14, 2007

by XyloJW

bobkatt013 posted:

Then you found out he was an insane pro-lifer.

Oh, so I have good reasons to hate him aside from making out with Jessica Biel in an awful Christmas movie? Awesome.

Perigryn
Oct 22, 2010

TaJaaaaadoruuuuu

Perry Normal posted:

Thanks. Sorry to hear about your uncle, Perigryn.
Thanks. I hope things get better on your end :sympathy:

Paper Jam Dipper posted:

Oh, so I have good reasons to hate him aside from making out with Jessica Biel in an awful Christmas movie? Awesome.
He what?! HATE!

Perigryn fucked around with this message at 14:41 on Jan 31, 2013

britishbornandbread
Jul 8, 2000

You'll stumble in my footsteps

Cromulent posted:

I forgot about those pull-out poster/interviews. I distinctly remember Diesel's favorite show being Space Ghost Coast to Coast, because I had just seen the show for the first time a few days prior.

I remember that. He also stated his favourite band was Depeche Mode. A man of impeccable taste.

gimpsuitjones
Mar 27, 2007

What are you lookin at...
Pro wrestling looks pretty crazy. What exactly is it?

Probably not the place to ask

gimpsuitjones fucked around with this message at 14:13 on Jan 31, 2013

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

DIRECTIVE 236: Promote pro-social values
The video game question always seemed the weirdest because 99% of the guys would say "I don't play video games." Then Jeff Jarrett said "Goldeneye 007" in his and I became the world's only 10 year old Jeff Jarrett fan.

HulkaMatt
Feb 14, 2006

BIG BICEPS SHOHEI

Hyun.
May 8, 2008

VogeGandire posted:

Tajiri does it better.

I really really want to know the story behind that plant.

404GoonNotFound
Aug 6, 2006

The McRib is back!?!?

Hyun. posted:

I really really want to know the story behind that plant.

It got mouthy and was practically begging for a tandem buzzsaw kick by that point.

Jay 2K Winger
Oct 10, 2007

What are you looking for?

404GoonNotFound posted:

It got mouthy and was practically begging for a tandem buzzsaw kick by that point.

And then it called the cops when a couple of leaves got knocked off.

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

So who won?

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

The crowd who got to see it.

Dillbag
Mar 4, 2007

Click here to join Lem Lee in the Hell Of Being Cut To Pieces
Nap Ghost

handsome only face
Apr 22, 2010

Cockroache's Anarchist

Little Mac posted:

So who won?

take the red pill and see for oyurself

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fiegl_hUIXE&t=1206s

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

Jericho seems to enjoy dressing up these days.

Also what is it with puro guys looking like they're about to eat the girls they're with?

njsykora fucked around with this message at 01:54 on Feb 1, 2013

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

I can't believe how much I'm looking forward to seeing a Michael Bay movie :psyduck:

Just another day in the life for Mean Gene :allears:

SUPERMAN'S GAL PAL
Feb 21, 2006

Holy Moly! DARKSEID IS!

Hammerstein made an excellent post in the WWE discussion thread about letting this match be Undertaker's last:

He posted a different shot of this moment, but I always loved it from this angle. Three now-legends looking towards a proud history and knowing the legacy they've passed on is promising. That's probably a lot more idealized than most would say about wrestling nowadays, but eh, nostalgia.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

I've always kind of looked at that image as:

HBK: A guy who accepted his time had passed, but had hoped his friend could accomplish what he couldn't.
HHH: A guy who has just learned that his time has passed, and finally accepted that he wasn't the most resilient of his "generation"
Undertaker: A monolith who continues to weather all tests of time and perseverance despite all logic and reason saying his time MUST have passed by now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MrTpug
Feb 16, 2011

Jerusalem posted:

I've always kind of looked at that image as:

HBK: A guy who accepted his time had passed, but had hoped his friend could accomplish what he couldn't.
HHH: A guy who has just learned that his time has passed, and finally accepted that he wasn't the most resilient of his "generation"
Undertaker: A monolith who continues to weather all tests of time and perseverance despite all logic and reason saying his time MUST have passed by now.

It would have been the best ep of RAW the next day if they all just dressed as cowboys and road off into the sunset together.

HBK: You saddled up H?
HHH: Yeah, but I'm kinda sad to leave...maybe just...

A dark gloved hand grasps HHH's should and pan up to Taker adjusting his hat

Taker: We had a good run. Let's leave it at that

Suddenly a Flair appears with a XXX jug in one hand riding erratically

Flair: Follow me boyz! I know the way! WOO!

HBK Smiles, HHH laughs, Taker shakes his head and all 4 ride off together never to be seen again

AAAAAAAAAAAAAND Scene...it's fun to dream fellas