Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Big Moose
Dec 6, 2012

t('.'t)

THE AWESOME GHOST posted:

The 3DLand team is the Mario galaxy team which should explain a LOT. It's my favorite 3DS game by far, just as Galaxy was my favorite Wii game.

I found the game insanely easy, which is abnormal for a Mario game. I enjoyed it none the less.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sultan Tarquin
Jul 29, 2007

and what kind of world would it be? HUH?!
Since atlus has no EU publisher and we'll never get those games..how's Harvest Moon?

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

Big Moose posted:

I found the game insanely easy, which is abnormal for a Mario game. I enjoyed it none the less.

Did you play through the whole thing?

Laser Spider
Jan 28, 2009

GaistHeidegger posted:

Speaking of which, I just got an XL this week and after getting some data on the 4GB SD card that came with it, I finally got my 32GB SDHC (does the HC make a meaningful difference for content on the 3DS?) and I am curious what the best way to go about transfering what data there is from the 4GB over to it.

You can just plug it into your computer, copy everything off of it, then copy everything onto the new card. If you have two SD card readers then you can plug both of them in and copy everything over to the new card.

Big Moose
Dec 6, 2012

t('.'t)

PonchAxis posted:

Did you play through the whole thing?

In fact I did. Getting 100% was indeed more difficult than the standard play through. Mario games are usually just more difficult.

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster

pandaK posted:

The OP lists the Hori screen protector for the 3DS, but do they have one for the XL?

Yup! http://www.amazon.com/HORI-Nintendo-3DS-Screen-Protective-Filter/dp/B008HPAXZ2/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1359739527&sr=8-1&keywords=hori+xl

I have them on my XL and love it.

Sultan Tarquin
Jul 29, 2007

Oh..nevermind..the new Harvest Moon doesn't even have an EU release date either. What the gently caress am I supposed to play on this thing? :smith:

bpc908
Jan 27, 2013

Kacho of My own little gaming world

Sultan Tarquin posted:

Oh..nevermind..the new Harvest Moon doesn't even have an EU release date either. What the gently caress am I supposed to play on this thing? :smith:

Mario Kart 7, Kid Icarus Uprising, Mario Tennnis Open, Metal Gear Solid 3D Snake Eater, Super Street Fighter IV 3D, boat load of virtual console games, Cave Story, Gunman Clive, Mighty Switch Force, etc.

Sultan Tarquin
Jul 29, 2007

Mario Kart is a pass, Not bothered about KI, Mario tennis feh, MGS maybe? SSFIV no, Paying £5 each for 25 year old games also..eh. I know Mighty Switch Force was supposed to be good and Push/Crashmo which I'll probably pick up. Has Nintendo just not done well in Europe historically?

Sultan Tarquin fucked around with this message at 18:47 on Feb 1, 2013

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

You should be bothered about Kid Icarus, its by far the best game on the 3DS (and to come out last year, period).

Run Dodo Run
Oct 7, 2006

Sultan Tarquin posted:

Has Europe just not done well in Europe historically?

Considering the amount of wars we've had: not really.

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

Is there still no official release date for Animal Crossing? I need my Animal Crossing bad :smith:

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

I don't need friends! I've been
manipulatin' you since the start!
All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

I got KI for Christmas and I have been playing it non-stop all month, it is tons of fun. And people still play the online multiplayer! I log on there at random times and can always find a match.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

homeless snail posted:

You should be bothered about Kid Icarus, its by far the best game on the 3DS (and to come out last year, period).

Actually, it's Theatrhythm.

Sultan Tarquin
Jul 29, 2007

Oh yeah, forgot about Theatrhythm. KI was actually pretty rad then? I thought it looked pretty dumb after that whole kick stand thing.

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster

Sultan Tarquin posted:

Oh yeah, forgot about Theatrhythm. KI was actually pretty rad then? I thought it looked pretty dumb after that whole kick stand thing.

I'm gonna be that guy and say I hated both titles. I sold KI to get 3D Land and Theatrhythm for Adventure Time.

Sultan Tarquin
Jul 29, 2007

noirstronaut posted:

I'm gonna be that guy and say I hated both titles. I sold KI to get 3D Land and Theatrhythm for Adventure Time.

I played AT for my DS and it was criminally short. Could have been way way better :smith:

Serenity Dove
Jan 29, 2008

If I had a Pikachu, it'd probably eat my stuff.

Pollyanna posted:

Can I trade in my old 3DS for a discount towards an XL? Can I keep all the purchases and friend codes and Ambassador stuff from it if I do? Does Gamestop do the discount thing or will it gently caress me over like a large ham stuffed with peperoany and chease

Keep in mind as i said in the thread earlier my 3ds would not complete the transfer on a mobile hotspot. Maybe it was a freak occurrence but something to keep in mind.

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Sultan Tarquin posted:

I played AT for my DS and it was criminally short. Could have been way way better :smith:

That ending scene with Fionna really got my hopes up. I loving disassembled the DS ROM to try and find anything else and was disappointed when the only thing with that character's name was a static screen.

As far as Harvest Moon, if it ever comes out: People compare it to animal crossing, but I got more of a Facebook social game feeling. You have a stamina bar that empties out when you use any farm tool and so you have to forage for food and sell off any rocks or bugs you find to eat. After the initial harvest, it gets a little easier, but you're still watching the stamina meter. The tutorial goes on way too long as well. The only reason I've not gotten rid of it is because you can only get $11 at Gamestop ($7 from Amazon) for it now.

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

CORPO COPS CAME FOR MY :filez:

Serenity Dove posted:

Keep in mind as i said in the thread earlier my 3ds would not complete the transfer on a mobile hotspot. Maybe it was a freak occurrence but something to keep in mind.

Definitely a freak occurrence. There's several of us in this thread that have done a system transfer using mobile hotspots on their phones.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Dr. VooDoo posted:

Is there still no official release date for Animal Crossing? I need my Animal Crossing bad :smith:

The only thing we know is that it is a Q2 release. Which I think is April-June.

Commissar Ken
Dec 9, 2006

Children STILL love me, dammit!

Sultan Tarquin posted:

KI was the raddest. Was probably my game of the year last year, full of action and kinda self referential humor. You don't need the kickstand at all either. Yes the controls take some getting used to but it's really far better than most exaggerations would lead you to believe. Plus it and RE:R are the prettiest things on the system.

noirstronaut posted:

The worst guy.

Pixeltendo
Mar 2, 2012

Kid icarus uprising is so good, that I wish all the characters in it were playable in the next Smash bros. title. :allears:

Aerofallosov
Oct 3, 2007

Friend to Fishes. Just keep swimming.

Cosmic Afro posted:

I got Ghost Recon: Shadow Wars for like ten bucks a few days ago, spent the last few days playing it. I'm kinda surprised -- it's pretty enjoyable, especially for the price I paid for it. It's not STELLAR, but, what the hell. I am also not regretting buying an XL over a regular 3DS, except for the lack of accessories that fits the thing. I'm starving for a cheap, good case for my XL that will hold more than just 3 carts and the game itself.

http://www.gamestop.com/accessories/3ds-xl-3ds-dsi-game-traveler-case-blue/106462 I like this one, I got it for my 3DS XL. It's only 12 bucks and seems to be standing up to me lugging my XL around with me to work and for when I'm on the bus. There's a black and red option, and a 15 dollar case made by Hori that's supposed to be pretty good.

Aerofallosov fucked around with this message at 20:13 on Feb 1, 2013

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real

ChaosArgate posted:

I know that it stops giving you pieces once you've gotten all the buyable ones, but going through over 200 coins for one incomplete puzzle is a bit much, don't you think? Then again, what else is there to use play coins on right now?

I hope I can streetpass people with the pink Fire Emblem pieces, the 32 blue pieces look like it's gonna show an awesome looking arena battle when complete!

I've been maxed out at 300 coins for awhile. I've been street pass so many times I'm not waiting to get some higher level Mii's to do a 'as few Mii's as possible' run... so yeah, why the heck not blow them all on a puzzle? Only 3 weeks to get my coin total back to 300.

HondaCivet
Oct 16, 2005

And then it falls
And then I fall
And then I know

Wow the Best Buy sale on the XL was great, looks like I just barely missed it. Way to go me. :( Maybe it's the universe telling me to not replace the Ambassador system I got rid of several months ago due to it collecting dust.

Ohtsam
Feb 5, 2010

Not this shit again.

Pixeltendo posted:

Kid icarus uprising is so good, that I wish all the characters in it were playable in the next Smash bros. title. :allears:

Since Sakurai is the lead on both theres a decent chance.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Sultan Tarquin posted:

Kid Icarus is interesting and seems like a decent game. I'm not crazy about the control scheme but maybe it'll grow on me.

Vegastar
Jan 2, 2005

Tigers will do anything for a tuna sandwich.

HondaCivet posted:

Wow the Best Buy sale on the XL was great, looks like I just barely missed it. Way to go me. :( Maybe it's the universe telling me to not replace the Ambassador system I got rid of several months ago due to it collecting dust.

It's valid through Saturday. The 2 day sale they started today caused some kind of a gently caress up on the website. It's still valid in store and is being "fixed" apparently.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Der Shovel posted:

Kid Icarus is interesting and seems like a decent game. I'm not crazy about the control scheme but maybe it'll grow on me.

KI is really a case where the rest of the game is (at least potentially) good enough to overlook the controls.

It really should have been a Wii game though. It's the rare sort of game where the Wii control scheme would have been perfect.

U NO WUT IM SAIYAN
Jan 26, 2003

by angerbeet

ImpAtom posted:

KI is really a case where the rest of the game is (at least potentially) good enough to overlook the controls.

Controls are the thing that makes video games active entertainment; if you only have graphics and sound and maybe a story, that's called a movie. If the one thing you have to interface with a video game is the controls, how can you possibly pretend it's not there? Like morale, it's only a topic that comes up when you have the sneaking suspicion that it's poo poo. A good game has controls so intuitive you barely notice what you're doing. A bad game makes you think about the controls.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Der Shovel posted:

I am the biggest KIU fanboy out there, and even I'll agree the controls are kind of an obstacle. But that's more an issue with the ergonomics of the system than anything, I don't think the game would work with anything else short of a trackball or maybe a Wiimote.

I'd suggest spending some time in the options and finding some sensitivity/inertia settings that work for you, the defaults are a little too low for my taste. You really want to be able to flick the cursor across the screen to give the suggestion of a target rather than meticulously dragging it over enemies like you would a mouse.

HondaCivet
Oct 16, 2005

And then it falls
And then I fall
And then I know

Vegastar posted:

It's valid through Saturday. The 2 day sale they started today caused some kind of a gently caress up on the website. It's still valid in store and is being "fixed" apparently.

Where did you hear that? I called a store and she just saw the regular price. I don't know where she looked up the price though, maybe she was lazy and just looked at the website.

AlmightyBob
Sep 8, 2003

HondaCivet posted:

I just got back from buying mine an hour ago. It's still going on, they have to override the price though because their system is hosed up (they said because it's the last day of the sale :confused: )and showing $200

Stravinsky
May 31, 2011

I never had a problem with the controls in kid icurus. But maybe I am some sort of idiot savant when it comes to game controls.

HondaCivet
Oct 16, 2005

And then it falls
And then I fall
And then I know

AlmightyBob posted:

I just got back from buying mine an hour ago. It's still going on, they have to override the price though because their system is hosed up (they said because it's the last day of the sale :confused: )and showing $200

Yeah but how do you convince them that it's still going? When I called they didn't say anything about a system screw up, to them it probably looks like the sale is over. I don't have to ask for a manager like a jerk do I?

Serenity Dove
Jan 29, 2008

If I had a Pikachu, it'd probably eat my stuff.

8-bit Miniboss posted:

Definitely a freak occurrence. There's several of us in this thread that have done a system transfer using mobile hotspots on their phones.

Huh that's odd then. Thanks for clearing that up though. :)

Regarding KI, I found the controls for the flight sections perfect but the ground sections are what give me problems. They're not too bad but I'm finding on levels with lava, etc, I often find myself trying to dodge an enemy projectile and hurtling into a hot fiery bath instead. Perhaps that's just me but I find the ground controls lack finesse. It just seems clunky. Or maybe I'm poo poo at the game who knows. :v:

AlmightyBob
Sep 8, 2003

HondaCivet posted:

Yeah but how do you convince them that it's still going? When I called they didn't say anything about a system screw up, to them it probably looks like the sale is over. I don't have to ask for a manager like a jerk do I?

It came up as $200 and I said "Hey, what happened to the sale price" and the cashier's coworker said "Oh yeah, the system is messed up because it's the last day of the sale (?) and it comes up wrong" and then they fixed it. So probably need a worker that knows what the hell is going on. The price tag at the store I went to still said $169.99 so maybe your store has correct tags too.

Vegastar
Jan 2, 2005

Tigers will do anything for a tuna sandwich.

HondaCivet posted:

Where did you hear that? I called a store and she just saw the regular price. I don't know where she looked up the price though, maybe she was lazy and just looked at the website.

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=337305&page=4

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HondaCivet
Oct 16, 2005

And then it falls
And then I fall
And then I know

AlmightyBob posted:

It came up as $200 and I said "Hey, what happened to the sale price" and the cashier's coworker said "Oh yeah, the system is messed up because it's the last day of the sale (?) and it comes up wrong" and then they fixed it. So probably need a worker that knows what the hell is going on. The price tag at the store I went to still said $169.99 so maybe your store has correct tags too.

Cool, thanks. I found the actual details of the deal on their app and it backs you up. The online price doesn't reflect the deal still but at least I have proof now.

The details say it expires 2/3 so does that mean it goes through Sunday or is just today and tomorrow? Either way your clerk was probably just bad with dates, ha.

• Locked thread