Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost

Jerusalem posted:

I've always kind of looked at that image as:

HBK: A guy who accepted his time had passed, but had hoped his friend could accomplish what he couldn't.
HHH: A guy who has just learned that his time has passed, and finally accepted that he wasn't the most resilient of his "generation"
Undertaker: A monolith who continues to weather all tests of time and perseverance despite all logic and reason saying his time MUST have passed by now.

I do have to think the Undertaker is one of Wrestling's best achievements. If Taker could go until 90 it'd still be a draw.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Matlock
Sep 12, 2004

Childs Play Charity 2011 Total: $1755

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

"I was being quiet and trying to be a good boy but he dialed the right combination to open the throw-down vault and it was on."

"Walter Foxx is ten times brighter than your bulb at the bottom of the tree merry xmas"
That was pre-Mexicution.

And post Mexicution:

WeX Majors
Apr 16, 2006
Joined for the archives

Jerusalem posted:

Undertaker: A monolith who continues to weather all tests of time and perseverance despite all logic and reason saying his time MUST have passed by now.

I REALLY enjoyed this idea, and they seem to have agreed with you a bit JRu, but that whole "Last Cowboy" schtick just never stuck.
Now if he had this goin for the last few years, every time he tries to retire, some young Punk(AHEM) has to go and ruin the celebration and Taker just sighs and begrudgingly puts on his Holster and Hat/Gloves and Eyeliner.

Wendell
May 11, 2003

LobsterMobster posted:

That was pre-Mexicution.

And post Mexicution:

I liked that beard a lot though.

Cool Post Beg
Mar 6, 2008

DADDY MAGIC

"I never lost it, baby!"

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

Kamala was like Goldberg, only 12 years earlier and far more literal.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

hmmm

Somebody fucked around with this message at 07:04 on Feb 1, 2013

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat

HulkaMatt
Feb 14, 2006

BIG BICEPS SHOHEI

Kenny!

WeX Majors
Apr 16, 2006
Joined for the archives
CM!

Germ Incubator
Nov 4, 2009

*Cowboy Shit*
JIMMY!

Perigryn
Oct 22, 2010

TaJaaaaadoruuuuu

Gavok posted:

Kamala was like Goldberg, only 12 years earlier and far more literal.

That cover gave me legit nightmares as a kid... :stare:

apsouthern
May 24, 2007

Chain Gang Soldier
Silly children with their streamers...

HulkaMatt
Feb 14, 2006

BIG BICEPS SHOHEI

Regal can't even follow the rules.

Paper Jam Dipper
Jul 14, 2007

by XyloJW
Seeing all of those streamers just makes me laugh because in Dearborn for a ROH show someone tossed two streamers at Kevin Steen and that was it.

apsouthern
May 24, 2007

Chain Gang Soldier

HulkaMatt posted:

"I have 'til five! Wait... poo poo no, it's three now. Arse... "

Martini
Sep 5, 2003

Joe's gonna kill you...Joe's gonna kill you...
My wife works at a local library and she sent me this picture the other day of a book-request

The Rock looks almost chubby compared to now (book was published in 2001). I also love seeing the Austin belt on the cover of a book all about The Rock.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Kwik
Apr 4, 2006

You can't touch our beaver. :canada:

HulkaMatt posted:

This raises a question- I've always thought that "championship advantage" meant that you could only lose the belt via pinfall or submission, with count-outs and disqualification losses allowing the champion to retain the belt, unless it is specifically stipulated that a match is no-DQ, or no-countout. Those rules say though:

quote:

Championships cannot change hands on a disqualification or a referee's decision. Champion must be clearly pinned or made to submit. Note: The Champion leaving the ring and/or being counted out will be considered a submission.

These are from '76 so is that something that just started to be ignored and dropped, like the over-the-top-rope disqualification?

Jay 2K Winger
Oct 10, 2007

What are you looking for?

apsouthern posted:

Silly children with their streamers...

So disappointed that push got derailed by Wellness. Regal's expression just screams "Go ahead and TRY to overthrow me, peasant."

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Rey Mysterio rules forever and I won't be happy till the world has acknowledged it as an established fact.

Saint Jimmy
Jul 5, 2006

The toilet paper was such a great crowd participation thing. The ring would get absolutely covered in TP before his matches. He played it so well. Good times.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

I want to believe this is just how Regal chills out. Just scooting around the place in a perfect bridge.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010

VogeGandire posted:

I want to believe this is just how Regal chills out. Just scooting around the place in a perfect bridge.

It's just how he sleeps. 3MB walked in on him like that when they went to get his help promoting their rock concerts.

Course it was 4MB at the time. He had to beat one to death with his own shoes.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Saint Jimmy posted:

The toilet paper was such a great crowd participation thing. The ring would get absolutely covered in TP before his matches. He played it so well. Good times.

my personal favorite was the edison show in 09 where the ring got absolutely blanketed in tp

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

Gonzo McFee posted:

It was the drummer wasn't it?

404GoonNotFound
Aug 6, 2006

The McRib is back!?!?

achillesforever6 posted:

Keytarist, actually.

Alastor_the_Stylish
Jul 25, 2006

WILL AMOUNT TO NOTHING IN LIFE.

VogeGandire posted:

Heels on the floor, Mr. Regal!

moonsour
Feb 13, 2007

Ortowned

Alastor_the_Stylish posted:

Heels on the floor, Mr. Regal!

Not if you want to keep those glutes nice and tight.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Oh The Rock :allears:

TLM
Mar 3, 2009

Jerusalem posted:

Oh The Rock :allears:

Meltzer has been telling the truth all along! Rock hasn't been on the juice, they just dropped a gamma bomb on him.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"

Gonzo McFee posted:

It's just how he sleeps. 3MB walked in on him like that when they went to get his help promoting their rock concerts.

Afterwards, he was given a brandy glass with a thousand brown M&M's in it.

Germ Incubator
Nov 4, 2009

*Cowboy Shit*

achillesforever6 posted:

An unfortunate gardening accident

Wendell
May 11, 2003

TLM posted:

Meltzer has been telling the truth all along! Rock hasn't been on the juice, they just dropped a gamma bomb on him.

Wait, Meltzer is claiming Rock isn't using any sort of drugs? Wow.

Bard Maddox
Feb 15, 2012

I'm just a sick guy, I'm really just a dirty guy.
Andre... the Giant!

:haw:

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Wendell posted:

Wait, Meltzer is claiming Rock isn't using any sort of drugs? Wow.

He hasn't been saying that.

HulkaMatt
Feb 14, 2006

BIG BICEPS SHOHEI

404GoonNotFound
Aug 6, 2006

The McRib is back!?!?

You have no idea how much I would prefer this to the current Rider series.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HulkaMatt
Feb 14, 2006

BIG BICEPS SHOHEI