Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hastings
Dec 30, 2008

Lullabee posted:

I think it's in the water. I know of three other girls giving birth in May/June/July and they're all having boys. Haha.

A bunch of us goon chicks are having boys, and I know of five other women, including two at work who have had boys this year. Each time they've announced their babies' gender, I just immediately think of how bro'd out my entire universe will end up being. lol. Seriously, I really want to see a sociological study for why 2013 seems to be the year of the boy. Is it our eating habits? Prenatals? I mean honestly, nary a girl to be seen anywhere!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cathis
Sep 11, 2001

Me in a hotel with a mini-bar. How's that story end?

Lullabee posted:

My SO went with me to all my appointments up until last week (now we're saving PTO for when the call comes in), and there was never any issues. In fact, the only time I've ever had the 'do you feel safe? are you okay?' was with the social workers I met with at my gestational diabetes and WIC meetings.

I never had to do the do you feel safe thing until I got to the hospital and was in full on labor... and then when my husband went out to get a friend of his who was visiting, they asked me and I laughed and said no I am fine. IMMEDIATELY after that, the door opens and a fully uniformed policeman steps into the room- the nurse is totally surprised by this and asks if everything's ok. I say yeah, it's just our friend Joe- bringing me a slurpee at 3 AM :) The timing on that was amazing though.

Does anyone have recommendations for baby monitors? We're going to start transitioning the sprout into her own room soon now that she only wakes up once or less in a night, and doesn't go from 0 to screaming instantly anymore. The two rooms are about 30 feet apart on either end of the same hallway, so we don't need anything TOO crazy. Video would be cool if it's not too $$.

Ben Davis
Apr 17, 2003

I'm as clumsy as I am beautiful
Video's really a priority for us, especially now that he's older and we want to see if he's chewing on his crib or getting into any hijinks. We have the old Summer's Infant video monitor. There are nice lightweight cord-free new ones with all sorts of features now, but you can find this one at Marshalls or TJ Maxx pretty reliably for under $60, if I'm recalling correctly.

edit: this one http://www.amazon.com/Summer-Infant-Night-Monitor-Screen/dp/B001N44UVC

Fionnoula
May 27, 2010

Ow, quit.

Ben Davis posted:

Video's really a priority for us, especially now that he's older and we want to see if he's chewing on his crib or getting into any hijinks. We have the old Summer's Infant video monitor. There are nice lightweight cord-free new ones with all sorts of features now, but you can find this one at Marshalls or TJ Maxx pretty reliably for under $60, if I'm recalling correctly.

edit: this one http://www.amazon.com/Summer-Infant-Night-Monitor-Screen/dp/B001N44UVC

I really wish we had a video monitor. He's 5 now and we haven't used a monitor in a few years, but godDAMN, based on the state of his room every morning, I'd love to be able to see what the hell he's doing in there at night. He's so quiet, you'd never guess he was in there, trashing the joint like a rock star. Dead serious: like bed flipped upside down, every toy strewn about the place. What the hell, dude?

Alterian
Jan 28, 2003

I just set up a wireless ip camera that works on our network that I can access from any computer. SInce he sleeps in our room right now its more for naps and before we go to bed. When he's in his own room we'll either just have our laptop or tablet on the nightstand and turn it on if we need to see what he's doing.

sheri
Dec 30, 2002

So, I gained 7(!) pounds between my 16 and 20 week appointments. That seems like a lot, doesn't it. I think I gained six total from pre-pregnancy weight to 16 weeks, so to double that in 4 weeks was alarming to say the least.

The Dr. didn't mention anything about it, but it seems like a lot. I was at a normal weight before pregnancy.

Van Goober
Feb 28, 2005
If we aren't supposed to eat animals, why are they made of meat?
So I wanted to stop lurking and say Hi Thread before I actually have this baby. I'll be 34 weeks on Saturday (due March 16th) and so far for the most part I've been having what my OB tells me is a boring, garden-variety pregnancy. At my 20 week ultrasound they told me I'm having a girl, but when I went to tear the tags off all the girly clothes we got I panicked because AHHH what if they were wrong and I can't return anything? I work at a veterinary pathology lab and they're being super careful about what cases I'm allowed to handle, but we did have a case of turkeys with chlamydia (psittacosis, which can be not so pregnancy-friendly) come through the lab, so they wanted me to take prophylactic antibiotics just in case I accidentally came into contact with them. I ended up having to call three different doctors and explain to their receptionists that yes, turkey chlamydia is a real thing, and no, I'm not a pervert.

bilabial trill
Dec 25, 2008

not just a B

sheri posted:

So, I gained 7(!) pounds between my 16 and 20 week appointments. That seems like a lot, doesn't it. I think I gained six total from pre-pregnancy weight to 16 weeks, so to double that in 4 weeks was alarming to say the least.

The Dr. didn't mention anything about it, but it seems like a lot. I was at a normal weight before pregnancy.

Weight can come on unevenly sometimes. If your doctor is unconcerned I wouldn't worry. I have had some weeks where I gained more and some where I gained nothing.

Alterian
Jan 28, 2003

People's weights can fluxuate wildly throughout the day and can also change based on how much you've eaten/drank, if you're retaining water, etc. If you want to accurately track your weight you usually need to weigh yourself the same time each time with no clothes on. (first thing in the morning is usually the best)

Sockmuppet
Aug 15, 2009

Van Goober posted:

I ended up having to call three different doctors and explain to their receptionists that yes, turkey chlamydia is a real thing, and no, I'm not a pervert.

This is the best pregnancy story.

About weight, I was really concerned because I gained a metric ton during the first three months (I was nauseous and ate all the time, while being exhausted and not moving about much), but between weeks 12 and 18 I've gained like 3 pounds.
As long as you eat mainly healthy food and avoid falling into the "eating deep fried cheese cake for two :v:" trap too often, I'm sure it all averages out in the end.

iwik
Oct 12, 2007

Haydez posted:

We've had a girls name picked out for a long time, but no luck on boy's names. She won't let me name it THOR like I want. Argh!

I read on several of those various name sites that Soren (the name we used for our boy) means 'god of war' and 'thunder' in the Danish & Norse culture.
So that was close enough to Thor for us, hah.

We haven't spelt it the traditional way though, because if we were actually in Denmark & surrounds it would be fine.. here I think it would be confusing, I don't see it done very much. So we'll leave it up to him and if he wants to spell it as Søren when he's older then it's fine with us.

Sockmuppet
Aug 15, 2009

iwik posted:

I read on several of those various name sites that Soren (the name we used for our boy) means 'god of war' and 'thunder' in the Danish & Norse culture.

It actually comes from the name Severinus, meaning "serious", "strict", so it has Latin origins, not Norse.

Thor/Tor means thunder (Tor was the god of thunder), Ty/Tyr and Odin were the principal war gods.
Tor was bellicose, but didn't figure much as a war god.

I'm sorry, I'm a bit of a nerd. It's a very nice name, regardless of its origins :)

Sockmuppet fucked around with this message at 10:32 on Feb 1, 2013

travelsized
Feb 21, 2006
So I guess I'd better introduce myself. I'm currently 13 weeks and 6 days pregnant! So far everything has been relatively okay. I did have spotting starting around 8 weeks that stopped mostly (I occasionally have a little every couple days or so, but its very light) but I did get a diagnosis of a bacterial infection that put me on antibiotics for 10 days.

But that was around New Years, and since then I've been doing a lot better. I had my first OB appointment last week and got sonogram images that makes me think I'm having an alien not a human. But I'm sure I'll love my little alien baby anyway.

I just finally told my boss a couple days ago and he took the news well so I'm feeling sooo much better and less stressed. And everyone is so happy for me. It's nerve wracking because I'm the first on my side of the family to have a kid, so I feel a lot of pressure.

My main issues right now is that I'm finding myself so picky about food. It's not morning sickness or anything like that, I just seem to not enjoy any of my old favorites anymore. It's annoying because I know I need to eat, and I'm trying to eat healthy, but all I crave right now is pasta, pickles, and cake. I just want to eat cake all the time. Also I think I have that pregnancy rhinitis of pregnancy thing that Chickalicious mentioned, because I've had a stupid cough that won't go away for almost two weeks now. Prior to being pregnant I got sick maybe once a year. But I feel like I haven't actually been healthy since I got pregnant.

And I need to find some of those sleeping bras because my boobs are sore at night.

Schweig und tanze
May 22, 2007

STUBBSSSSS INNNNNN SPACEEEE!

travelsized posted:

So I guess I'd better introduce myself. I'm currently 13 weeks and 6 days pregnant! So far everything has been relatively okay. I did have spotting starting around 8 weeks that stopped mostly (I occasionally have a little every couple days or so, but its very light) but I did get a diagnosis of a bacterial infection that put me on antibiotics for 10 days.

But that was around New Years, and since then I've been doing a lot better. I had my first OB appointment last week and got sonogram images that makes me think I'm having an alien not a human. But I'm sure I'll love my little alien baby anyway.

I just finally told my boss a couple days ago and he took the news well so I'm feeling sooo much better and less stressed. And everyone is so happy for me. It's nerve wracking because I'm the first on my side of the family to have a kid, so I feel a lot of pressure.

My main issues right now is that I'm finding myself so picky about food. It's not morning sickness or anything like that, I just seem to not enjoy any of my old favorites anymore. It's annoying because I know I need to eat, and I'm trying to eat healthy, but all I crave right now is pasta, pickles, and cake. I just want to eat cake all the time. Also I think I have that pregnancy rhinitis of pregnancy thing that Chickalicious mentioned, because I've had a stupid cough that won't go away for almost two weeks now. Prior to being pregnant I got sick maybe once a year. But I feel like I haven't actually been healthy since I got pregnant.

And I need to find some of those sleeping bras because my boobs are sore at night.

Congrats! It's hard and uncomfortable in the beginning, but it does tend to get better. Eat what appeals to you right now, as long as you're able to balance the cake with the occasional real meal you'll be fine ;) I'm 38 weeks now and I've had a stuffy nose the entire time, saline nasal spray has become my best friend for keeping things flowing. Your cough may be lingering from a slight cold or something you had awhile ago. The first trimester is great for making you feel like a sick invalid, but it DOES get better. And then it gets worse again at the end. Pregnancy is ~magical~.

Ceridwen
Dec 11, 2004
Of course... If the Jell-O gets moldy, the whole thing should be set aflame.

The being really picky about food thing is likely rooted in the same thing as morning sickness. It's definitely a real issue during pregnancy, not all in your head. Our bodies just go all weird during pregnancy in so many ways.

Like Schweig und tanze said, just try to balance the cake out with somewhat healthy things as much as you can and you'll be fine. I'd try different sorts of fruit and see if you can find something that keeps the sweet tooth satisfied for at least part of the day. It's varied through the course of the pregnancy as far as which specific fruit I like, but I can usually find something that keeps me happy and away from the candy.

It does tend to get better during the second trimester. I can't say I felt amazing during the second tri like some women say they do, but I was a much more functional human being than during the first. And even now that I'm hitting the third tri and starting to have some more discomfort I still have a lot of good days that I'm actually able to enjoy being pregnant.

Check out Target for bras if you haven't yet. They've got some good sleeping oriented nursing bras that I've been happy using on the days that my boobs are bugging me. Or if you already have some sports bras that are comfortable you might try those. They are much more supportive which works well for a lot of women during early pregnancy. My boobs grew too much by ~8 weeks for me to use my old ones though. And the nursing bras were stretchier and gave me more room to grow while still giving me enough support to keep the boobs happy (also they were pretty cheap).

sheri
Dec 30, 2002

travelsized posted:

Also I think I have that pregnancy rhinitis of pregnancy thing that Chickalicious mentioned, because I've had a stupid cough that won't go away for almost two weeks now. Prior to being pregnant I got sick maybe once a year. But I feel like I haven't actually been healthy since I got pregnant

Could just be you are sick. Being pregnant wreaks havoc on your immune system making you much less likely to fend off stuff you would have ore-pregnancy. Rhinitis of pregnancy is more sinus related and less lung/ coughing.

Congrats! Are you going to find out what you are having?

iwik
Oct 12, 2007

Sockmuppet posted:

It actually comes from the name Severinus, meaning "serious", "strict", so it has Latin origins, not Norse.

Thor/Tor means thunder (Tor was the god of thunder), Ty/Tyr and Odin were the principal war gods.
Tor was bellicose, but didn't figure much as a war god.

I'm sorry, I'm a bit of a nerd. It's a very nice name, regardless of its origins :)

Yeah, I knew that too, it was actually the first meaning I found. Either of them fit though, he's a very serious/stern little fellow.. with thunderpants.

I tell people both meanings when they ask *shrug*. I'd read somewhere that Soren was the Danish word/name for Thor.. dunno how true that was.
Then last night when I was re-googling, somewhere else had mentioned it as being of Norse origin too, perhaps just because of the (questionable) Danish meaning.

Sockmuppet
Aug 15, 2009

iwik posted:

Yeah, I knew that too, it was actually the first meaning I found. Either of them fit though, he's a very serious/stern little fellow.. with thunderpants.

I tell people both meanings when they ask *shrug*. I'd read somewhere that Soren was the Danish word/name for Thor.. dunno how true that was.
Then last night when I was re-googling, somewhere else had mentioned it as being of Norse origin too, perhaps just because of the (questionable) Danish meaning.

I'd love to see where you found that to check out their sources, because I couldn't find anything other than the Severinus origin when I looked at various Danish and Norwegian sites explaining the name. Neither the linguistic differences between Old East Norse and Old West Norse nor the cultural differences between the regions of Norsemen are so substantial that I can see them having such hugely different names for a shared deity.

Here are the fourteen names of Tor http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_names_of_Thor , maybe "Sönnungr" is the one that got people confused?

(I'm sorry, I'm not trying to be difficult, this just ticks all my nerd love boxes :ohdear: )

Midnight Sun
Jun 25, 2007

Our Anna was born on January 25th, weighing in at 4110 grams and measuring 53 cm.

024 by Solveig T. S., on Flickr

I was originally scheduled to go in to possibly be induced on the morning of the 25th, but I started having contractions 3 minutes apart just after midnight. We called the hospital, and they sent an ambulance (the hospital is around 1 hour and 15 minutes away). My water broke after half an hour in the ambulance, so I was pretty relieved we didn't decide to drive ourselves after all.

When I got to the hospital, I was around 4 cm dilated. The contractions were getting harder and closer together, so I got the epidural when I was around 5-6 cm dilated. The epidural was divine, I dozed in the bed until I was fully dilated. Unfortunately, when I was going to start pushing, I had no effect of the epidural, and they didn't want to give me a refill because then I wouldn't be able to feel the pushing contractions.

The pushing stage was the most painful experience of my life. The contractions were too weak, so they kept upping the Pitocin. I didn't feel the urge to push at all, I just had the most horrible pain in my pelvis the whole time. I decided to just push against the pain just to get the kid out of there. After about an hour, they decided to use a vacuum extractor. After three more contractions and a hell of a lot of pulling, she was finally out.

After the delivery, the placenta came too fast, and in addition to some serious tearing, I lost more than two liters of blood. Needless to say, I was a little dizzy after that ordeal, so my milk didn't come in until I got a blood transfusion a couple of days later.

As if the horrible experience of labor wasn't enough, two days later Anna was diagnosed with hip dysplasia. She has to use a Frejkas pillow for four months until her hip joints grow in correctly. It was quite a shock on top of everything, but now we're just happy they caught it in time, so hopefully she'll be completely fine after a short amount of time, instead of having to be put in a cast when she's older.

Now we're back home, and things seem to fall into place a little bit. Anna's eating and sleeping a lot, and we're gradually getting more and more used to having a new boss in the house.

021 by Solveig T. S., on Flickr

Awesome Kristin
May 9, 2008

yum yum yum
I'm sorry about your experience. Glad everything is more or less ok though. She's adorable. Looks like that 9 lbs is all in her cheeks. Sooo cute.

sudont
May 10, 2011
this program is useful for when you don't want to do something.

Fun Shoe
What a cutie, Midnight Sun! If it helps any, I was born with hip dysplasia, 36 years ago, and it has had absolute zero effect on my life. I had no socket at all. (Well, I put one foot in front of the other like a runway model--not as gracefully though sadly--when I walk, so my footprints are single file, but that's it.) I was very athletic when I was younger. My parents had to use 6 layers of cloth diapers over a disposable to create a socket for the hip joint, they wanted to do everything they could to avoid having to break my hips and have me in a cast/spreader bar and it worked fine. I read that it's most common in women whose first children are girls, and that's def the case with me.

bilabial trill
Dec 25, 2008

not just a B
Oh my gosh midnight sun, she is absolutely gorgeous :3: Congrats! And whoa, that is some serious blood loss, glad you are both ok.

travelsized
Feb 21, 2006

sheri posted:

Congrats! Are you going to find out what you are having?

Haven't decided. Before getting pregnant I always swore I didn't want to know, and my husband doesn't seem to care. But now that I'm gestating, I'm not sure I will be able to withstand not knowing. I have at least a month to decide, so it might be a spur of the moment thing at the anatomy sonogram.

sheri
Dec 30, 2002

I was the same way! I always thought I'd just wait and find out at delivery, but that went out the window really fast after I got pregnant. :)

UltraGrey
Feb 24, 2007

Eat a grass.
Have a barf.

Midnight Sun she's just gorgeous :3: Congrats!

Midnight Sun posted:

The epidural was divine, I dozed in the bed until I was fully dilated. Unfortunately, when I was going to start pushing, I had no effect of the epidural, and they didn't want to give me a refill because then I wouldn't be able to feel the pushing contractions.

Is this normal? Reading stuff like this honestly scares me. I thought the whole point of the epidural was to ease the pain of the labor AND delivery.

I'd be pretty angry/demand the epidural. That is the whole reason I'd have it put in, to use it.

Twatty Seahag
Dec 30, 2007
Mine didn't work by the time I had to push. It was intense but I'm glad I could feel when to push.

Alterian
Jan 28, 2003

I had mine in maybe a half hour before I started pushing and I could still feel when to push and I could still feel him coming out. It wasn't super painful. My opening felt like it was burning, I guess that was the skin stretching. I could also feel his head moving down through. I could also feel when I passed the placenta. Weirdly, that was almost the biggest relief feeling and when it finally felt over. Maybe they didn't give me a huge dosage or something? I was able to walk to the bathroom a half hour later. They actually would't move you to post partum until you could get out of bed and walk.

Lyz
May 22, 2007

I AM A GIRL ON WOW GIVE ME ITAMS
Ugh, I could never wait till birth to know the gender, especially since I'm so horrid at picking out names at least I can just focus on the particular sex.

With boy names I had no idea, and now with girl names I have too many I like!

bilabial trill
Dec 25, 2008

not just a B

Greycious posted:

Midnight Sun she's just gorgeous :3: Congrats!

Is this normal? Reading stuff like this honestly scares me. I thought the whole point of the epidural was to ease the pain of the labor AND delivery.

I'd be pretty angry/demand the epidural. That is the whole reason I'd have it put in, to use it.

Epidural works better with the dilation phase than the actual pushing I think? That's what they told me at least, I asked for it when I was almost fully dilated and they said no time + there wouldn't be much point. In retrospect I was just as glad, turned out for some reason I had problems feeling when to push even without an epidural :iiam: Also pushing for me was not as bad as dilating.

Midnight Sun
Jun 25, 2007

Thanks, guys! :3:

sudont, that sounds great. We're prepared to be extra active and train a lot with her when she gets the pillow off, so hopefully she'll have the chance to be athletic, too. :)

Greycious, I thought the whole point of an epidural was a painfree delivery, too. I don't know if the pushing pain is just too painful for the epi to totally cover it, and maybe if I didn't have it at all, it would have been even worse? :P I would have preferred to feel nothing, though, since the contractions didn't help me a bit. At least now I know it's true that you seriously don't feel it at all if you get any tears, I had a third degree tear and several smaller tears and I couldn't care less.

GoreJess
Aug 4, 2004

pretty in pink

rectal cushion posted:

Epidural works better with the dilation phase than the actual pushing I think? That's what they told me at least, I asked for it when I was almost fully dilated and they said no time + there wouldn't be much point. In retrospect I was just as glad, turned out for some reason I had problems feeling when to push even without an epidural :iiam: Also pushing for me was not as bad as dilating.

Same thing happened with me, except I was fully dilated when I decided I couldn't handle the pain anymore. Archer had been facing the wrong way until I went through transition, so I was dealing with back labor almost the entire time during labor. I could feel when to push the first half of the pushing phase & then baby slid right back up & I had to push him all the way back down again. That second half the nurse was having to tell me when I was having a contraction so I could push. I just did not have that pushing urge after the first 45 minutes of pushing. But yes, dilating was much more painful than actually pushing.

bilabial trill
Dec 25, 2008

not just a B

GoreJess posted:

baby slid right back up & I had to push him all the way back down again.

That can happen? :aaa: :argh: babies are jerks!

GoreJess
Aug 4, 2004

pretty in pink
Apparently it can. They do go back up a little between contractions, but he went way back up. My doctor & husband could see his head & said he was almost out & then he disappeared. He did have a shorter umbilical cord, which might explain why he didn't want to come down. As a result of this, he had a serious conehead.

solar energy panel
Apr 30, 2007
Babies scooting back up? That is so disturbing. I have the worst birthing phobia imaginable as it is.
I've been trying to mentally prep my mind for the birth part and just can't seem to do it.

solar energy panel fucked around with this message at 00:11 on Feb 3, 2013

ghost story
Sep 10, 2005
Boo.
I remember reading about that happening in one of the Bradley books (or maybe it was Ina May?). The story was that labor was just a few pushes away from being done when somebody unexpectedly came in the room (maybe the door slammed? it's been a while since I read it) and it startled the woman so bad that they basically had to start over. I swear that is the only birth story that I read that had any impact on me.

The fear of that happening was the reason I didn't touch her head when she was almost out. I didn't want to have an "oh poo poo" moment and have to start over. The nurse wasn't thrilled by me saying no several times but maybe feeling it helps some get to the end.

Even thinking about that happening now is uncomfortable. Yikes.

newts
Oct 10, 2012
I'm a lot more stressed about the birth thing this time around. I think because it went so well the first time: I had horrible back labor, and the epidural worked well to stop that after I'd decided I'd had enough. I was able to feel when I needed to push, but there wasn't any pain. I didn't notice my tears or the stitches afterward.

Now I'm thinking it can possibly be that easy the second time. I'm sure my memories from the first time are all sugar-coated now, though.

bilabial trill
Dec 25, 2008

not just a B

newts posted:

I'm a lot more stressed about the birth thing this time around. I think because it went so well the first time: I had horrible back labor, and the epidural worked well to stop that after I'd decided I'd had enough. I was able to feel when I needed to push, but there wasn't any pain. I didn't notice my tears or the stitches afterward.

Now I'm thinking it can possibly be that easy the second time. I'm sure my memories from the first time are all sugar-coated now, though.

Me too. My first labor was uncomplicated and quick. This time I'm having a baby that is breech and it's scary.

Lyz
May 22, 2007

I AM A GIRL ON WOW GIVE ME ITAMS
I don't even remember being able to focus on anything else during pushing other than catching my breath and bracing myself for the next push. I think it's very easy to not get distracted.

Lullabee
Oct 24, 2010

Rock a bye bay-bee
In the beehive
nah.

Lullabee fucked around with this message at 23:56 on Mar 21, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hastings
Dec 30, 2008

Lullabee posted:

Congrats Midnight Sun! She's beautiful. Hopefully everything else goes well for you guys.

And holy crap they can go back up? That's joyful.. Walked for four hours today, still nothing. I know I'm not 39 weeks til Monday, but we're all so ready for him to be here. Lol. I'm hoping my doctor will sweep me at my next appointment - it'll be 3 days before my due date, so that's a good enough excuse, right? I think having gestational diabetes added on top is as good as any. I know, I know - he'll come when he's ready, I still have 9 days til my due date, so forth. But I'm so miserable.

LOL, I feel your pain so badly. I'm 34 weeks, and it is so painful and tough just getting out of bed. I actually look like a turtle on its back unable to turn over. I'm starting to feel really big and in pain, and my husband can't wait for the little guy to come soon either. I told the hubby that once we hit the full term mark we're trying everything to get the induction process started naturally and then move onto asking for assistance. Going back up though? Sweet Jesus and mercy in heaven. :psyboom:

Also, does anyone know if it is possible to move from birthing pool/tub to epidural at the hospital? I know I want an epidural, but I would like to wait until the last possible moment if possible so I can stretch out its effectiveness. Baths and warm water have really helped me with minor pains this pregnancy and I'd like to maintain that kind of calm and focus as long as possible, especially if there is a chance of having my labor be a long one. And Midnight Sun, your little gem sure looks like a classy lady! :3: