Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

nerdbot
Mar 16, 2012

Between the shotgun-jumping and the crazy legs I think he's channeling the Scout from TF2.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

StealthArcher
Jan 10, 2010

For the prancing and general out of nowhere dialouge, I'm leaning an obvious Kefka analogue. He's even a secondary to someone we think is a larger villain :ohdear:

Mary Annette
Jun 24, 2005

horriblePencilist posted:

I think Panel 2 Silver needs more love. Look how badass he's looking.

Panel 3 Silver, though, is sniffing his fingers, and from the looks of things, they are funky.

I am Reverend
Sep 21, 2008

Pheromosa's Special Attack rose!

nerdbot posted:

Between the shotgun-jumping and the crazy legs I think he's channeling the Scout from TF2.

Awh, now I'm disappointed that he hasn't shown up as a troll yet.

basically, =>
kinda a big deal

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

CONVICTED OF DISPLAYING HIS PEANUTS IN PUBLIC
I like how he is basically The Joker with no limitations placed on him. Terrifying.

Elysiume
Aug 13, 2009

Alone, she fights.
Tom is deader than Myspace. :haw:

edit: Explaining it so I don't just look dumb.

Coatlicue
Sep 14, 2012

it doesn't matter
how fast or how far,
you're still runnin' like a fool
Two quick questions:

1) Does Shadow have telekenetic powers in the Sonic franchise? (My only exposure to Sonic has been this comic)

2) I have a vague memory of a TGT character collecting DNA of all the others in some sort of hidden cave lab with a bunch of test tubes. What character was that and has it ever been referenced again?

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

Coatlicue posted:

1) Does Shadow have telekenetic powers in the Sonic franchise? (My only exposure to Sonic has been this comic)
Seems so. Somebody posted much earlier in this thread (don't feel like searching 300+ pages for it) a Youtube vid of a boss fight between Sonic and him. Apparently during the fight he just levitates around, throw piles upon piles of cars* at Sonic, and repeats "it's no use" and "give up".

(* The hedgehogs in the Sonic universe are incredibly more resistant to cars than they are in the real world.)

Coatlicue posted:

2) I have a vague memory of a TGT character collecting DNA of all the others in some sort of hidden cave lab with a bunch of test tubes. What character was that and has it ever been referenced again?
That was the furry-looking guy, Pori.

Silentman0
Jul 11, 2005

I have a new neighbor. Heard he comes from far away

Cat Mattress posted:

Seems so. Somebody posted much earlier in this thread (don't feel like searching 300+ pages for it) a Youtube vid of a boss fight between Sonic and him. Apparently during the fight he just levitates around, throw piles upon piles of cars* at Sonic, and repeats "it's no use" and "give up".

That's Silver, Shadow's the black one. He can shoot fireballs and stop time.

Sonic turned into Dragonball a long time ago.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

E: I really wish I hadn't posted, now. I can't have people thinking I know about Sonic canan.

Breadallelogram
Oct 9, 2012

Shadow has some sort of unexplained powers too. "Chaos control" whatever emerald bullshit.

The real problem with the Sonic Adventure + games was that they tried to make the narrative more complex but didn't explain anything.

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
The "Chaos Control" thing is really ill-defined in the Sonic games. I think in Sonic Adventure 2 and Shadow the Hedgehog it slowed down time or allowed Shadow to teleport. It's been a long time since I played either game, though.

nerdbot
Mar 16, 2012

Metal Loaf posted:

The "Chaos Control" thing is really ill-defined in the Sonic games. I think in Sonic Adventure 2 and Shadow the Hedgehog it slowed down time or allowed Shadow to teleport. It's been a long time since I played either game, though.

He could do both of those things in both games. In Sonic 2006 Sonic and Shadow could straight up use Chaos Control to go back and forth in time altogether, in addition to slowing it down and teleporting.

Silver can also Chaos Control but is able to do psychokinetic poo poo without the aid of emeralds. It's all very ill-defined and most recent Sonic games don't really touch on their weirder DBZ-esque powers.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Man, I hope this means Shadow will try to go back in time to kill Troll King.

As I have suspected, Trollface is not the one to stick around when against someone that can put up a fight. But I am worried about Tom.

simplefish
Mar 28, 2011

So long, and thanks for all the fish gallbladdΣrs!

The shotgun jump made me crack the biggest grin, the broomstick pose had me in bits.

I hope Silver remembers that just like a rock thrown by someone keeps going when it leaves his hand, that a rock thrown by telekinesis keeps going when it leaves his psychic power range.

Bulletproof Tiger
Nov 2, 2010
Man, I don't know why troll king seems to be the main villain over troll face, troll face is an amazing villain because he is so detestable and yet hilarious at the same time. In fact, I think I like almost all of the villains over troll king, he just seems so bland and boring (aside from the fact that he yells curses really loud to kill people). Imagine if the Mario vs. Troll king fight was vs. troll face, it would have been so much better.

simplefish
Mar 28, 2011

So long, and thanks for all the fish gallbladdΣrs!

Troll Son has the advantage of getting the prestige but not having the day-to-day humdrum of being a supervillain. He can spend his time raping corpses instead of trying to get a whole citadel of trolls in some sort of order.

A life time of being the boss grinds down your edge, even if it builds your power

simplefish fucked around with this message at 00:22 on Feb 4, 2013

my dad
Oct 17, 2012

this shall be humorous

Bulletproof Tiger posted:

Man, I don't know why troll king seems to be the main villain over troll face, troll face is an amazing villain because he is so detestable and yet hilarious at the same time. In fact, I think I like almost all of the villains over troll king, he just seems so bland and boring (aside from the fact that he yells curses really loud to kill people). Imagine if the Mario vs. Troll king fight was vs. troll face, it would have been so much better.

They have completely different roles in the narrative. As the main villain, Trollface would overstay his welcome and become repetitive and dull, much like the meme. Besides, hard-working fellow who earned his/her business/position/empire and the entitled/twisted rear end in a top hat heir are a time-honor tradition in stories.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
Man that shotgun pogo stick move is amazing.

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

KNEEL BEFORE THE WICKED KING!

Bulletproof Tiger posted:

Imagine if the Mario vs. Troll king fight was vs. troll face, it would have been so much better.

I think it might've been worse, actually; along with cameos of all of his powers, one of the key things we got out of that fight was Mario's backstory. We almost definitely wouldn't have gotten that if he was fighting Trollface.

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

We might have gotten one panel and then Troll Face would have said "lol fag your dad sounds awesome I wouldn't want a fat bitch like you for a son either now get ready for me to kill you and do schticky to your body."

scarycave
Oct 9, 2012

Dominic Beegan:
Exterminator For Hire

StealthArcher posted:

For the prancing and general out of nowhere dialouge, I'm leaning an obvious Kefka analogue. He's even a secondary to someone we think is a larger villain :ohdear:

The Kefka quotes are 1 to 2 pages back. Welcome to the party. :toot:

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Holy loving hell, the pogo shotgun pose and the dialogue had me gasping, and then the gently caress YOU frame hit me. Tears streaming.

The visual comedy is getting to where it's entirely intentional.

ChickenOfTomorrow
Nov 11, 2012

god damn it, you've got to be kind

I have no comment on this, let alone any idea why I made it.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Lazerbot posted:

here's another Addison of TGT facts, one demaro is shorter then garry but the older brother of the two, fact 2 the trolls at the beginning of the comic that was killed by shadow was actually based on these two trolls and there trolling style i ran into before starting the comic. i found there style so silly i needed to portrayal it on comic form. of course its not copying i make it in a different matter but the style it self it spot on, they actually acted and spoke like the trolls did repeating the same insults lol fact 3 a lot of the troll styles the trolls have are different and are similar to trolls I've actually encounter so trolls actually help me get a more accurate portrayal of troll community so the more they troll my comic the more material i have to use" and that was my new addition of TGT facts i hope you enjoy it

Another glimpse into the inner workings of Lazerbot's mind.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
Is there a more chill dude in the world than Lazerbot?

Well Manicured Man
Aug 21, 2010

Well Manicured Mort

Macaluso posted:

Is there a more chill dude in the world than Lazerbot?

Lazerbot is practically a bodhisattva, an enlightened being who has returned to the cycle of samsara to lead others to Nirvana through his teachings and example.

Raar_Im_A_Dinosaur
Mar 16, 2006

GOOD LUCK!!

ChickenOfTomorrow posted:

I have no comment on this, let alone any idea why I made it.

I don't known if anyone does

soscannonballs
Dec 6, 2007

nerdbot posted:

He could do both of those things in both games. In Sonic 2006 Sonic and Shadow could straight up use Chaos Control to go back and forth in time altogether, in addition to slowing it down and teleporting.

Silver can also Chaos Control but is able to do psychokinetic poo poo without the aid of emeralds. It's all very ill-defined and most recent Sonic games don't really touch on their weirder DBZ-esque powers.

What if the remaining protagonists (and mario/shadow) go back in time to the beginning of the comic and we get timeline shenanigans? I think Lazerbot could pull it off.

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

soscannonballs posted:

What if the remaining protagonists (and mario/shadow) go back in time to the beginning of the comic and we get timeline shenanigans? I think Lazerbot could pull it off.

I kind of want it to be a predestination paradox like :lost: where they go back an Sayid shoots lil' Ben and Jack refuses to help him, so their actions set forth the incidents that lead up to Ben becoming an Other and the Incident.

So what happens is Shadow goes back and tries to kill the Troll King when he's a kid but the timeline won't allow it, so he ends up putting such a righteous :iceburn: that he sees no choice but become the Troll King.

Young Freud fucked around with this message at 10:12 on Feb 4, 2013

Sleekly
Aug 21, 2008

ChickenOfTomorrow posted:

Teeheeheeheeheehee the prancing.

This is exactly how someone would be prancing if their main thought at the time was TRA-LA-LA-LA-LOL-OL-OL-OL on an endless schticky loop.

horriblePencilist
Oct 18, 2012

It's a Dirt Devil!
Get it?
Either Trollface is light as gently caress, or this shotgun has some serious firepower. Elmer fired it with one hand no problem, so he must be buff as gently caress.

Wait, did we ever get confirmation that this is in fact Elmer's shotgun?

ClownSyndrome
Sep 2, 2011

Do you think love can bloom on bob-omb Battlefield?
Initially I thought that the killer WAS Elmer wearing the troll mask again (in a surprising twist), but the subsequent comics blew that out of the water

Tonfa
Apr 8, 2008

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

The myspace line is incredible.

Also I'm not sure if this was intentional or a coincidental nice touch, but trollface's expression in panel 7 is reminiscent of , which is an emoticon used in streamchats to mark trolling.

Tonfa fucked around with this message at 13:06 on Feb 4, 2013

Vogon Poet
Jun 18, 2004

Someone bought me this custom title because they think I kick ass at Photoshop. They happen to be right.
Lazerbot's other brother drew some fan art:

Lazerbot posted it to Facebook. The first comment?

quote:

gay
Lazerbot's response?

Lazerbot posted:

gay? its the opposite of gay there male and female, inner species yes homosexual no

Suben
Jul 1, 2007

In 1985 Dr. Strange makes a rap album.

Young Freud posted:

I bet Trollface does hip-trusts at random times during the dialogue. It would be even more over-the-top.

Oh god now I'm imagining him more as Ace Ventura. Or I guess Jim Carrey in general.

If Jim Carrey was a half-troll psychopath rapist.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Suben posted:

Oh god now I'm imagining him more as Ace Ventura. Or I guess Jim Carrey in general.

If Jim Carrey was a half-troll psychopath rapist.

I've been imagining him as Jim Carrey since his first appearance.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

I think my favorite thing about the meta-Lazerbot commentary we've been getting lately is how he describes "trolling styles", like it's a performance art. This is Eight Mile for the Troll-American community.

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink

Lurdiak posted:

I've been imagining him as Jim Carrey since his first appearance.

Of course... the Mask!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

scarycave
Oct 9, 2012

Dominic Beegan:
Exterminator For Hire

Schwarzwald posted:

Of course... the Mask!

I don't care about Audio Book continuity. Troll-Son must now sound like Jim Carrey. No exceptions.