Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

PezMaster
Nov 15, 2006

Though they won't admit it, women were much happier when all they had to do was bake shit and pump out babies.

Team Lunch posted:

Shoozy Sent recipes for food!

I got a Shoozy card too! It looks like you and I go shopping at the same Target $1 bin, because we've got the same Valentine's day cards. I ran out and got a pretty sparkly birdie one today just special for you, though, and will send it out soon. :h: Also, saving the brownies for dirty bulk season (Killamajig favourite season).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Disargeria
May 6, 2010

All Good Things are Wild and Free!
There's another goon sending Disney postcards?! That's my territory!

also I have like 20 Disney postcards up for grabs btw

God Bless Johnny
Dec 20, 2012

Have a cup of tea.

Waldorf Sixpence posted:

Goodness do you! The mailman just came like 10 minutes ago with a Valentine's card just for me. Stephen Hawking tells me I make space-time stand still :allears: Thanks! I plan on sending out some mail, valentine's or otherwise, this weekend. Any non-Brit goons want anything particularly British turning up in their mailbox?

British mail is welcome in my household, Australia being a colony and all that, what what? And I almost sent you Professor Brian Cox instead of Stephen Hawking, but he's a bit too hip for me.

DLAO
Dec 20, 2004

Disargeria posted:

There's another goon sending Disney postcards?! That's my territory!

Not me. Totally NOT me, I promise. Don't hurt me fellow Florida Goon! I said Hello Kitty and I am STAYING with Hello Kitty. :-D

Waldorf Sixpence
Sep 6, 2004

Often harder on Player 2

God Bless Johnny posted:

British mail is welcome in my household, Australia being a colony and all that, what what? And I almost sent you Professor Brian Cox instead of Stephen Hawking, but he's a bit too hip for me.

Brian Cox is okay in my book, but of course so is Hawking!

I'll try to send out some Brit mail this weekend to those that have asked :3: Also, a quick reminder to all those sending Valentine's cards: You know the "I Choo Choo Choose You" card from that episode of the Simpsons? That will be 20 years old in a few weeks. TWENTY.

Shoozy
Apr 11, 2007

Waldorf Sixpence posted:

Also, a quick reminder to all those sending Valentine's cards: You know the "I Choo Choo Choose You" card from that episode of the Simpsons? That will be 20 years old in a few weeks. TWENTY.

You shut your drat dirty mouth!!

JimmydaFish
Apr 23, 2008

This is some serious argy-bargy!

I got my Lego Valentine today!!!!!! :neckbeard: Thank you Rythe! I even put it together without peeking at the answer key.

Kafka's Goldfish- you are amazing! I love love love both needlepoints. But I must say the one based on my title is super special. And thank you for the card for my mom too.

Crazy Old Clarice, so many fun things in your card! Even a tiny card for mom. I can't wait to try the magic paint picture.

Now why did I have to lend my camera to my friend this weekend? So pics will come next week. THANK YOU all for the cards. This is so much fun!

Rythe
Jan 21, 2011

Yeah my Lego gifts are starting to arrive, I can not wait to see every bodies reactions to them, but in the mean time I have a few thank yous to give out.

DLAO: Glitter bomb #2 of all the cards so far and it was magically awesome, along with the Hello Kitty tattoo and the great Tweet Me heart was awesome.

Crazy old Claire Shark stickers, goat button and awesome post cards!!! That pretty much sums up all of that amazing card and if you wait until the day after V-Day you can get chocolate at 1/8th the price.

Kafka's Goldfish Yeah these pictures pretty much sums it all up.

Man I am glad I sent you a Lego gift after these bad rear end cross stitches, I am going to frame these things and put them on my wall next to the X-Mas ones you sent out.

Thanks a million for all the amazing gifts so far, keep a eye out for the Legos, they should be arriving any day now.

Opera Bitch
Sep 28, 2004

Let me lull you to sleep with my sweet song!

I just wanted to pop in and say thanks to everyone who sent me a letter so far!

Lamb-Thanks for all the goodies you sent, makes me wonder where you find silly things like animal fact cards. I love squirrels BTW, so the tiny card was perfect for me!

Pezmaster-I love Doctor Who, so you made me laugh when you mentioned daleks in your card.

Crazy Old Clarice-I laughed at the New Cannan, CT postcard you sent. I've lved here in 2005 and have never even been near that town... and CT only takes like an hour to drive across (ok not that short but pretty short). I must also admit I sang the theme song to the 70s incarnation of Wonder Woman when I saw the pin. It is a weird little thing I do whenever I see her referenced someplace.

I also have another card but I can't remember who sent it since it wasn't signed. The cover is of candy hearts, and inside is a drawing of a pencil and a reminder to 'check my privilege." I feel like I am forgetting someone, so if you sent me a card and I forgot to mention you, thanks a bunch! Edit: I think this may have been Shoozy

Opera Bitch fucked around with this message at 03:50 on Feb 2, 2013

Thermophonic Joy
Jan 6, 2009

Waldorf Sixpence posted:

Any non-Brit goons want anything particularly British turning up in their mailbox?

Yes! Yes please! I'm a sucker for pretty much anything British. :buddy:

Thermophonic Joy fucked around with this message at 05:49 on Feb 2, 2013

Rythe
Jan 21, 2011

I would love anything British, I enjoyed my time over there during recent trips and would like to have some more wonderful things from your awesome country around my house.

Wile E. Toyota
Jul 18, 2008

Under no circumstances should you be proud of someone for wearing flip-flops.
Opera Bitch, thanks so much for your Valentine's card! It made me smile! Alas, I am alone this year, so I'm not sure what my plans are for Valentine's Day. Probably goofing around with friends. Hope you have a good one. :)

Tremors
Aug 16, 2006

What happened to the legendary Chris Redfield, huh? What happened to you?!
I got your puzzle, Rythe! It was fun, but I was too stupid to figure out more than half of it. :saddowns:

Niemat
Mar 21, 2011

I gave that pitch vibrato. Pitches love vibrato.

Getting Valentines today!!! :buddy:

DLAO
Dec 20, 2004
I am fairly certain that I am in love with quite a few of you Goons! Thanks so much for the Valentines and HELLO KITTY stuffs!

Yesterday, I got two cards from God Bless Johnny and Crazy Old Clarice filled with pictures and kitties and postcards and stickers.

Today, I got home from work and got FIVE-- thank you very much Kafka's Goldfish, Lamb, Bampf Kerpow, Shoozy, and WWC filled with MORE stickers and Asian Stationary and HELLO KITTY and hearts and GOON LOVE.

I literally started jumping up and down giggling maniacally at the mail box at the sight of the mail. I'm pretty sure my neighbors think I'm crazy. My cats are still staring at me from afar, since I busted in the door and started cheering with every little surprise that popped out.

I've had a really crappy week and this has really cheered me up! Thanks for the Goon Love, everyone!

icpathua
Jan 28, 2009
Is it too late to get in on this? I put my address in the Valentine's Day card thread, but I'd love mail for any holiday, and I will always return the favour and send out random cards as well!

100 Lancaster Drive
Apt. 406
Welland, ON
Canada
L3C 6M1

I'm a 25 year old goonlady (though I'll be turning 26 on March 28th), and I love cats, reading, psychology, anything crafty, and well...I actually would look forward to receiving just about anything really. As long as the outside of the envelope isn't NWS and the inside doesn't contain anything illegal, I'll be happy as a clam.

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

Just got Rhythe's Lego puzzle that I'm thinking of saving for the day itself, and Kafka's Goldfish's rad Rorschach crossstitch.

Rythe
Jan 21, 2011

Goodie my gifts are getting to you all now, I already have a X-Mas one designed and I am trying to think if there is a decent holiday coming up where I could make another Lego puzzle for everybody.

Disargeria
May 6, 2010

Yesterday I got amazing fantastic valentimes from PezMaster and Bampf Kerpow! Thanks for the goon love!

marlowe can you go
Oct 13, 2011
So I got my mail today and there were actual *things* in my mailbox and when I realized they were cards from this thread I seriously wibbled like a ridiculous person. I did not expect to get anything after Christmas! It was such a boost to my day!

I can't figure out how to post images now, arg, so thank you to Shoozy for card, stickers, and recipe, and Kafka's Goldfish for the space postcards (I love astronomy), neat info cards, and very very cute needlepoint of me and kitties!

Now I want to go out and find some valentines to send.

when worlds collide
Mar 7, 2007

my feet firmly planted
on what, I do not know

DLAO posted:

I am fairly certain that I am in love with quite a few of you Goons! Thanks so much for the Valentines and HELLO KITTY stuffs!

Yesterday, I got two cards from God Bless Johnny and Crazy Old Clarice filled with pictures and kitties and postcards and stickers.

Today, I got home from work and got FIVE-- thank you very much Kafka's Goldfish, Lamb, Bampf Kerpow, Shoozy, and WWC filled with MORE stickers and Asian Stationary and HELLO KITTY and hearts and GOON LOVE.

I literally started jumping up and down giggling maniacally at the mail box at the sight of the mail. I'm pretty sure my neighbors think I'm crazy. My cats are still staring at me from afar, since I busted in the door and started cheering with every little surprise that popped out.

I've had a really crappy week and this has really cheered me up! Thanks for the Goon Love, everyone!

Yay! They're being delivered! That felt awfully fast. You were the first to report delivery. Thank you, I always have a bit of anxiety over whether my things get delivered or end up in some strange dead letter office somewhere. :D

Sorry about my Left 4 Dead valentines. I decided to make them then later realized that maybe not as many people were as familiar with that game as I thought. And I had already bought cardstock (limited income here, it was a big committment, haha) and printed them and so I just went with them anyway. If anyone's curious, it's just a silly zombie video game and that's where the characters on the cards come from. Hopefully the chainsaw bears and Darwintines will even things out a little bit. :love:

Bampf Kerpow!
Aug 17, 2010
I just got a mail from Kafka's Goldfish =) Thank you! =D. As soon as I saw the cross-stitch, I started giggling to myself. :love:

Rythe
Jan 21, 2011

Hey Paradox Personified, I got your Lego package returned to me with a sticker saying, No Such Address Exist. I used the address in the OPs link, can you make sure that is the right one so I can get this package re-sent to you.

Edit: Never mind, I got my eye balls crossed and wrote the wrong city/state.

kafkasgoldfish
Jan 26, 2006

God is the sweat running down his back...
Goon mail!

Cute and fun mail from Crazy Old Clarice and Bamph Kerpow!:

Awesome loot from Thermophonic Joy and Opera Bitch:

Opera Bitch your poem made me laugh:

A pretty fantastic Lego valentine puzzle from Rythe:

Thanks, guys. I really appreciate the time and effort. I have a few more valentines to send out, so some of you will be getting mail after the holiday. Again, I'm happy to hear that people are enjoying their cross stitches. It's my favorite hobby.

DLAO
Dec 20, 2004
I just mailed out a new batch of Goon love into the world and will probably have another small batch ready for tomorrow! Hope you all are getting the affections I send out to you! :-D

lamb
Mar 9, 2004

A single act of carelessness leads to the eternal loss of beauty

Thank you so much to Tempura Wizrd for the lovely Year of the Snake card, God Bless Johnny for the red-wine-stained cat crossing the Brisbane River, Clarice for the goodies including an awesome vintage AC postcard, Rythe for LEGOS, Vixenella for Valentine's Day goodies and Man of the Year for the letter, which I promise to reply to soon. I only wish America had candy as disgusting as that black licorice abomination to inflict upon you in return.

I've had a lousy couple of days (drat insurance companies :argh:), so goonmail has raised my spirits immensely.

JimmydaFish
Apr 23, 2008

Mailed out my cards yesterday!

Lamb, thank you for the card for mom.

nonpromqueen
Sep 25, 2006

Just got some valentines from wwc, and since I'm forever alone on Valentines Day, it was a welcome surprise. Thank you wwc :3

when worlds collide
Mar 7, 2007

my feet firmly planted
on what, I do not know

nonpromqueen posted:

Just got some valentines from wwc, and since I'm forever alone on Valentines Day, it was a welcome surprise. Thank you wwc :3

You are very welcome. :3:

PS- I'm alone too, which is why I love doing this.

when worlds collide fucked around with this message at 20:51 on Feb 5, 2013

panorama_change
May 23, 2008

Inertia is a property of matter.
Looks like I'll be alone this Valentine's day as well... :smith:

Apologies in advance if my Valentine's are kind of sad.

Cloyster
Jun 26, 2011
cross posting this

Dear Staloitha.

How did you know I love Justin Beiber <3

Love, Cloyster

(seriously, this made me laugh my butt off)

Disargeria
May 6, 2010

Oh man today's mail was awesome!

I got a fantastic pile of goodies from the always awesome lamb!

I got cute valentine from Dushkani!

And I got an awesome lego puzzle from Rythe!

Thanks guys!

DLAO
Dec 20, 2004

panorama_change posted:

This seems to be my life's story. "ALONE FOR VALENTINE'S DAY". I have to agree with everyone else that this definitely helps cheer up the lonely. I get why they call it "National Single Awareness Day".

Hemlock
Jan 17, 2006
Waffle.
Got my first 10 cards/packages sent out today (I am always so impressed by those of you that churn out a tonne- I'm so slow!)…turned around after finishing with the lady at the Post Office (who blatantly overcharged the postage on at least one of the items, grr) to find my boss was waiting in the queue, giving my handful of heart-stickered envelopes a quizzical expression…oh dear!

Going to try and get some more done this week- my floor is currently strewn with cards and post cards I need to write!

Rythe
Jan 21, 2011

panorama_change posted:

Grab some friends, a good bottle of wine/beer and watch some crappy movies together while you get drunk and bitch about horrible ex's. I always found that was a good way to handle the commercial "love" holidays.

panorama_change
May 23, 2008

Inertia is a property of matter.

DLAO posted:

This seems to be my life's story. "ALONE FOR VALENTINE'S DAY". I have to agree with everyone else that this definitely helps cheer up the lonely. I get why they call it "National Single Awareness Day".
:unsmith:

Rythe posted:

Grab some friends, a good bottle of wine/beer and watch some crappy movies together while you get drunk and bitch about horrible ex's. I always found that was a good way to handle the commercial "love" holidays.
:unsmith:

Thanks y'all, I'm actually playing D&D with some long time pals, there will be scotch, there will be a cacophony of dirty jokes (as our sessions normally go) and I'm sure some bitching about ex's.

I'll be sure and try to write my Valentine's while in the midst of the scotch...drunken love is at least love, right?:yayclod:

party hat
Apr 22, 2010
I'm so grateful that people are still sending me cards! I want to send some out but cash is so tight right now. I doubt I'll be able to get any out by Valentines day, but probably after. :(

Shoozy, I'm going to have to try those brownies! I love baking but I've actually never made brownies.

Vixenella and Alkaphanel, thank you for the cute card and valentines goodies inside The fuzzy owl thingy is awesome.

Tempura Wizard, I've never received a Chinese New Year card before, thank you!

and, When Worlds Collide I love, love, love that card. It's so pretty! And all of the awesome little valentines inside made my day pretty good :)

CatStacking
Jan 9, 2010

~A Purely Preposterous Pussy~
Letters to Man of the Year and Niemat are being sent out today.

Also got a really sweet card with mini valentines from When Worlds Collide so thank you so much! :3:

JimmydaFish
Apr 23, 2008

Finally got my camera back so onto to the pics.
from Crazy Old Clarice

from Rythe I've now brought the heart in to decorate my cubicle at work. :)

from Kafka's Goldfish

Can I just say again how much I love this one?

And last night, I got this one from Team Lunch! The paper plane has been made, flown and destroyed (the cats were fascinated by it).

Like others have mentioned, I get positively giddy when I find goon mail in the mailbox. I do a little happy dance and the cats look at me funny. As another single on V Day, this makes this usually horrible time of year so much better. Thanks to you all!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tremors
Aug 16, 2006

What happened to the legendary Chris Redfield, huh? What happened to you?!
I hope you people like cherry scented scratch 'n sniff stickers.