Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

djfooboo
Oct 16, 2004

MaliciousOnion posted:

The best I've been able to find is mid-2013.

That sounds about right. The delay between Minecraft announcement and people having the sets in their hands wasn't that long because LEGO was already internally prepared for production.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jeeves
May 27, 2001

Deranged Psychopathic
Butler Extraordinaire

UberJumper posted:

Does anyone have any suggestions on selling a Lego collection? I have all the manuals, but not the boxes, and i have some of the sets such as Green Grocer/Cafe, and an absolute ton of Castle Fantasy (the one with orcs/dwarves). Is there a website where i can sell it that is not Ebay?

Suggestions?

Post on this thread before SA-Mart. Folks here are less likely to lowball you into annoyance like seems to be the standard rule with SA-Mart.

djfooboo
Oct 16, 2004

jeeves posted:

Folks here are less likely to lowball you into annoyance like seems to be the standard rule with SA-Mart.

30 bucks for a Sopworth :smug:

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.

djfooboo posted:

30 bucks for a Sopworth :smug:

That was loving ridiculous.

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!
That's where I'm a Viking!

Big Mean Jerk posted:

That was loving ridiculous.

EDIT:Never mind, saw the referenced post.

I bought the Sopworth last weekend and it was a really fun build. Now I just hope a Focker build comes out at some point.

I'm also hopeful they start building planes from the 30's on at some point. I would love for a B-17 or a C-47 model to be released at some point.

Jordanis
Jul 11, 2006

Handsome Ralph posted:

Now I just hope a Focker build comes out at some point.

They did back in 2002. http://www.bricklink.com/catalogItem.asp?S=10024-1

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
I'd love a nice 1930s sea-plane/flying boat, like a Grumman Goose.

UberJumper
May 20, 2007
woop
I Apologize for the extremely lovely tablet quality photos (i don't have any other type of camera anymore). But here is almost all of the instruction booklets, from my lego, Cafe Corner/Troll Ship/One other castle set is in another box that i couldn't find this afternoon. Will look for it.

http://imgur.com/a/8lRbO

Close up album shots:
http://imgur.com/a/1XgdY

7078 x 7
7038 x 1
7048 x 6
7097 x 2
7009 x 1
7079 x 3
7094 x 1
7037 x 4
8402 x 1
7633 x 1
4994 x 1
8401 x 1
7685 x 1
7639 x 1
7638 x 1
4996 x 1
7633 x 1
10185 x 1
5618 x 1

When i get back in a week i will start sorting through the sets, and try and find the other drat box with the parts/instructions to Cafe Corner/Troll Ship/Dwarf Stuff/Skeleton ship (i am starting to wonder if my ex accidently took it when she moved out), and making sure everything is still there (i am 99% sure it is, but to be sure). I have no idea what this stuff is worth, but bricklink seems to be starkraving mad. Where the cheapest green grocer is 500 bucks? What the gently caress?

UberJumper fucked around with this message at 06:42 on Feb 5, 2013

einTier
Sep 25, 2003

Charming, friendly, and possessed by demons.
Approach with caution.

UberJumper posted:

I have no idea what this stuff is worth, but bricklink seems to be starkraving mad. Where the cheapest green grocer is 500 bucks? What the gently caress?
You must be new here. That's honestly the going rate. People routinely pay $700+ for that set.

ireladd
Apr 17, 2007

UberJumper posted:

When i get back in a week i will start sorting through the sets, and try and find the other drat box with the parts/instructions to Cafe Corner/Troll Ship/Dwarf Stuff/Skeleton ship (i am starting to wonder if my ex accidently took it when she moved out), and making sure everything is still there (i am 99% sure it is, but to be sure). I have no idea what this stuff is worth, but bricklink seems to be starkraving mad. Where the cheapest green grocer is 500 bucks? What the gently caress?

Yeah you're sitting on a bit of a treasure trove. I don't envy you sorting through the sets to verify completion and all that, but you'll get good money for some of your sets. Like said above, Green Grocer is about $500 used, Cafe Corner is like $700-$800 used.

ireladd fucked around with this message at 07:51 on Feb 5, 2013

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
You reeaaaaaally need a flash on that camera.

Jusupov
May 24, 2007
only text

Captain Invictus posted:

You reeaaaaaally need a flash on that camera.

Or at least he should turn his lights on.

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!
That's where I'm a Viking!

So it's only a matter of time till a re-release...right? :ohdear:

jeeves
May 27, 2001

Deranged Psychopathic
Butler Extraordinaire
Yeah, you're sitting on a goldmine if you can take the time to piece everything out to the different parts.

Those two modular city sets alone are worth 1000+ together, and you can easily put all of the troll stuff into a 'super troll megapack' on ebay and get mad moniez.

HerzogZwo
Nov 30, 2000
Ouch, shop.lego sold out of the Minecraft set early today, just before I was about to order it for my almost 6 year old who is obsessed...I wonder if there is any chance lego stores have any left?

Kazzah
Jul 15, 2011

Formerly known as
Krazyface
Hair Elf
New stuff:

Banana chain gun.

All of it is from here, by the way.

Saint Sputnik
Apr 1, 2007

Tyrannosaurs in P-51 Volkswagens!

The_Doctor posted:

I'd love a nice 1930s sea-plane/flying boat, like a Grumman Goose.

I want a TaleSpin line. C'mon Lego make it happen.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

Saint Sputnik posted:

I want a TaleSpin line. C'mon Lego make it happen.

Well, I love the era that it's aping, that whole 1930s golden age of travel pulp era thing. So... a line based on that?

rickiep00h
Aug 16, 2010

BATDANCE

Krazyface posted:

New stuff:

Banana chain gun.

I need that Creator house. Holy poo poo.

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

The_Doctor posted:

Well, I love the era that it's aping, that whole 1930s golden age of travel pulp era thing. So... a line based on that?

Most of the vehicles from Pharaoh's Quest would have fit this bill. It was basically a Brendan Fraser Mummy line without the license.

Not Wolverine
Jul 1, 2007

Krazyface posted:

<snip>

I honestly think the best part is real launchers instead of loving flick fires on the Galaxy Squad tracked vehicle.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/brickjournal/8439369149/in/set-72157632677753378/ (<- I couldn't figure out how to timg that)

I was also kinda hoping the galaxy squad vehicle would split into two separate tracked vehicles instead of the way it splits, but I think will still be an awesome set.

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something

This boat is awesome. Needs very few tweaks to turn it into an 80's Miami drug boat.

ChesterJT
Dec 28, 2003

Mounty Pumper's Flying Circus

Bloody Hedgehog posted:

This boat is awesome. Needs very few tweaks to turn it into an 80's Miami drug boat.

Are there any minifig bodies centered around white jackets over pastel t-shirts? If so I'm in.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Travis343 posted:

Most of the vehicles from Pharaoh's Quest would have fit this bill. It was basically a Brendan Fraser Mummy line without the license.

I know it touched on it, but aside from the car and the biplane, I wasn't that enamoured with that line.

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

This world only remembers the results!

Krazyface posted:

New stuff:

Banana chain gun.

Wait wait wait wait wait wait wait WAIT WAIT WAIT

Are you telling me that that gorrilla mech with a banana chain gun is an official Lego set?

Chima is the best loving thing ever.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

I just noticed the gorillabot has a 6-pack. That model is amazing.

MaliciousOnion
Sep 23, 2009

Ignorance, the root of all evil

ChesterJT posted:

Are there any minifig bodies centered around white jackets over pastel t-shirts? If so I'm in.

There's this

Saint Sputnik
Apr 1, 2007

Tyrannosaurs in P-51 Volkswagens!

ChesterJT posted:

jeeves
May 27, 2001

Deranged Psychopathic
Butler Extraordinaire

HerzogZwo posted:

Ouch, shop.lego sold out of the Minecraft set early today, just before I was about to order it for my almost 6 year old who is obsessed...I wonder if there is any chance lego stores have any left?

Maybe. It is a high demand set though-- however with Lego restocking their online store, a bunch of resellers are freaking out since it is no longer a quick flip and trying to dump their stock on ebay to try to sucker in people who didn't realize it restocked. Look there-- you can probably get it for only a few bucks more than retail.

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

Bloody Hedgehog posted:

I just realized how badly I need a GTA: Vice City LEGO set.

3 Action Economist
May 22, 2002

Educate. Agitate. Liberate.

Sockser posted:

Wait wait wait wait wait wait wait WAIT WAIT WAIT

Are you telling me that that gorrilla mech with a banana chain gun is an official Lego set?

Chima is the best loving thing ever.

Seriously wanna play some Donkey Kong Country now.

HerzogZwo
Nov 30, 2000

jeeves posted:

Maybe. It is a high demand set though-- however with Lego restocking their online store, a bunch of resellers are freaking out since it is no longer a quick flip and trying to dump their stock on ebay to try to sucker in people who didn't realize it restocked. Look there-- you can probably get it for only a few bucks more than retail.

There is a happy ending to the story and my son's birthday wishes will come true (and perhaps yours too fellow afolgoons): Amazon has restocked on the minecraft set! Get yours before it's plastered all over the deal/lego websites!

Captain Scandinaiva
Mar 29, 2010

Even more photos and videos from the Nuremberg fair here: http://www.spieletest.at/bericht.php?ID=1174

Including close-ups and a couple of sets I haven't seen before, like a Creator single prop plane, a monster truck transport and Formula-1 transport.

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT BEING ALLERGIC TO POSITIVITY

Asteroid Field definitely feels like they are pushing the concept a little far here and the Coruscant model looks rubbish.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

That series 3 was already out in the Lego shop in Brighton.

TremorX
Jan 19, 2001

All Hail Big Hairy Mike

Oh hell yes, I need that Tantive IV to go with my midi-scale Star Destroyer.

DrChud
Jun 18, 2004

Well hello Hoth and the snow speeder. I'm going to need a couple of those. I still think the lil Xwing is one of the best sets.

Also the new Coast Guard sets and that single engine plane look pretty sweet. Whats everyone's take on that new helicopter/airplane nose piece?

DrChud fucked around with this message at 19:40 on Feb 6, 2013

Ika
Dec 30, 2004
Pure insanity

I wish the planet sets would be sold without the planets and for half the price.

jeeves
May 27, 2001

Deranged Psychopathic
Butler Extraordinaire

Ika posted:

I wish the planet sets would be sold without the planets and for half the price.

If they couldn't charge a lot for so little then what would be the point?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

This world only remembers the results!

Ika posted:

Easter/Christmas/Halloween polybags at Target.

I've got like 5 different ships at this point.