Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Trillest Parrot
Jul 9, 2006

trill parrots don't die
I hadn't needed it for anything except nzbdrone, and I wanted to be thorough? I should have left it, but my poor little underpowered easyStore is cluttered enough and I got overzealous.

At any rate, just don't.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

One Arm Manny
May 17, 2008

tronester posted:

I tried this with no luck, set it to 64.

I also tried getting a blocknews account. Same issue, I guess they somehow dmcaed all 10 versions on blocknews as well.

Any other suggestions to try?

Tweaknews has a 10 GB or 10 day trial. It might be worth giving them a try. I was able to get some stuff that was missing on Astraweb and Blocknews recently. I went ahead and bought a 100 GB block from them after that for backup.

Corb3t
Jun 7, 2003

I accidentally deleted my config file for Sick Beard so I had to set it up again, but now all the files that download aren't being moved into season folders. I've checked the settings and they aren't set to flattened - any idea why this would be happening.

GateheaD
Sep 27, 2005

Gatorade me bitch
Has anyone ever had this problem with NZBDrone:
If you let it download a NZB with SAB, then it places it in the 'finished' folder - it post processes it fine.
If you add a series you already have a foldure structure for - it works fine.

If you download a series elsewhere, it will just sit in the 'finished' folder forever, even if its marked as wanted in NZBDrone (Instead of Snatched, I guess)

Fixed: House of Cool dudes and House of Cool dudes (2013) is different in NZBD apparently.

GateheaD fucked around with this message at 07:56 on Feb 6, 2013

Gozinbulx
Feb 19, 2004
Regarding backup accounts: I got a blocknews as a US backup and Tweaknews as my dutch sidekick and already 3 days after signing up both my backups have been employed. about 20 megs from blocknews and a single solitary megabyte from our friends in Holland. Totally worth it.

YouTuber
Jul 31, 2004

by FactsAreUseless
Is there an alternative to Headphones that would play nice with nzb.su? It seems more like he's pissed that each time Headphones does a poll it hits the API once for each album it needs and that begins to add up quickly.

Sendo
Jul 26, 2011

Bag of Sun Chips posted:

I accidentally deleted my config file for Sick Beard so I had to set it up again, but now all the files that download aren't being moved into season folders. I've checked the settings and they aren't set to flattened - any idea why this would be happening.

This was happening to me when I upgraded from an old Sick Beard, I don't have access to mine at the moment but my problem was due to the change in the default file naming method from memory it's under post processing.

kalicki
Jan 5, 2004

Every King needs his jester
Yeah, SB changed their system so that you have to add the season folders under naming in the post-processing tab.

Mine now is: Season %0S\%SN - %Sx%0E - %EN

which gets you: Season 02\Show Name - 2x03 - Ep Name.ext

copperblue
May 21, 2003

One Arm Manny posted:

Tweaknews...bought a 100 GB block from them after that for backup.

What other 'block' options come recommended besides Blocknews and Tweak. I cant deal with paypal.

copperblue fucked around with this message at 05:16 on Feb 7, 2013

Dr. Video Games 0050
Nov 28, 2007

copperblue posted:

What other 'block' options do I have other than Blocknews and Tweak. I cant deal with paypal.

I use usenet news. Cheap and no nonsense. Check it out

http://usenet-news.net/

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.
A lot of things I download lately have something in them that just stops playback cold. At first I thought it was PS3 Media Server's fault while transcoding. But I was playing the same file on VLC and it just stopped in the same place. But if I scrub past that point where it stops I can watch the rest.

This started in the last 2 weeks and has happened about 10 times so far...

So what gives? Damaged files in specifically exact ways? Dumb luck? Something more at play?

Uldor
Feb 23, 2009

Gear... Fourth!
Throwing in support for GOONZB whatever comes out of it, will happily throw piles of money

mCpwnage
Dec 5, 2007

Motherfuckers, If it says 55 drive 55.
I also want to hop on the goonzb bandwagon, please come take my :10bux:.

an actual cat irl
Aug 29, 2004

I've managed to gently caress up my Newznab install somehow. I installed some Ubuntu OS and package updates, and also did an svn update for newznab itself, and now some pages refuse to load.

If I click on a category (say, 'movies' for example) then I just get a totally blank page. No error, no 404, no SQL error or anything. Other pages like the admin page, the upcoming releases page etc work fine, and I'm able to search and view individual releases like normal, I just can't browse categories.

I initially thought it was a mod_rewrite issue but, upon further experimentation, I no longer think it is. newznab.server.com/upcoming still works, whereas newznab.server.com/movies doesn't.

There's absolutely nothing in my error or access logs to indicate what's going wrong. FWIW I'm using nginx and Percona as my hosting platform. I've already tried reapplying all the stupid chmod 777 stuff after updating from svn, thinking it might be a permissions thing, but no.

Can anyone offer any advice? I'd be gutted if I had to nuke my install and start from scratch again!

edit:

Ok, I've just seen the following pop up in my nginx error log:

code:
PHP message: PHP Warning:  require_once(WWW_DIR/lib/movie.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/mike/Public/newznab/www/pages/upcoming.php on line 2
PHP message: PHP Fatal error:  require_once(): Failed opening required 'WWW_DIR/lib/movie.php' (include_path='.:/usr/share/php:/usr/share/pear') in /home/mike/Public/newznab/www/pages/upcoming.php on line 2" while reading response header from upstream, client: 192.168.$
It only appears once, and not for every time I try and refresh the page, so i'm not sure if it's a red herring. It looks to me like the variable WWW_DIR isn't registering as my actual install location. As I understand it, this variable is defined in automated.config.php which is, in turn, called by config.php. Permissions are all good, so that shouldn't be the problem.

an actual cat irl fucked around with this message at 22:19 on Feb 7, 2013

Ronald Duck
Jun 26, 2005
My mum says I’m cool.
Did you follow the upgrade instructions?

svn update
run the db patches either manually from /newznab/db/patch/0.2.3 (look at the file modified/created dates) or running /newznab/misc/update_scripts/update_database_version.php should work
Delete contents of cached smarty files in /www/lib/smarty/templates_c/*

What is line 2 of your newznab/www/pages/upcoming.php file? It should be require_once(WWW_DIR."/lib/movie.php");
If it isn't, rename the file to upcoming.php.bak, then update from svn again which will recreate the file.

Ronald Duck fucked around with this message at 00:04 on Feb 8, 2013

YouTuber
Jul 31, 2004

by FactsAreUseless
What is the "best" application for Android? NZB 360? In the screenshots it looks like a pretty well rounded program containing Sabnzbd, Couchpotato, and Sickbeard with Headphones support coming later. Is there other applications that are free that are top contenders?

copperblue
May 21, 2003

YouTuber posted:

What is the "best" application for Android? NZB 360? In the screenshots it looks like a pretty well rounded program containing Sabnzbd, Couchpotato, and Sickbeard with Headphones support coming later. Is there other applications that are free that are top contenders?

Was actually researching a replacement for Mediadog today, and heard of nzb360. MD isn't free, but it'll handle everything mentioned above. Looks pretty on a tablet.

Hefty
Jun 11, 2008

I got a little overzealous and started adding my existing library to Sick Beard before I realized I hadn't set the post processing script. I restarted sabnzbd but all the things already in my queue have the script set to none.
Before I sit here and click through 20 pages of stuff setting the script manually, is there a way to get the new settings to apply to your queue?

FISHMANPET
Mar 3, 2007

Sweet 'N Sour
Can't
Melt
Steel Beams

Hefty posted:

I got a little overzealous and started adding my existing library to Sick Beard before I realized I hadn't set the post processing script. I restarted sabnzbd but all the things already in my queue have the script set to none.
Before I sit here and click through 20 pages of stuff setting the script manually, is there a way to get the new settings to apply to your queue?

In the arrow in the upper right of the queue go into multi-operations mode, change your view mode to everything, select everything, change the category, and apply.

Hefty
Jun 11, 2008

You just saved an hour of my life. Thanks, man.

an actual cat irl
Aug 29, 2004

Chick3n posted:

Did you follow the upgrade instructions?

svn update
run the db patches either manually from /newznab/db/patch/0.2.3 (look at the file modified/created dates) or running /newznab/misc/update_scripts/update_database_version.php should work
Delete contents of cached smarty files in /www/lib/smarty/templates_c/*

What is line 2 of your newznab/www/pages/upcoming.php file? It should be require_once(WWW_DIR."/lib/movie.php");
If it isn't, rename the file to upcoming.php.bak, then update from svn again which will recreate the file.

Thanks so much. I had forgotten to run the database update script, and I'm working perfectly again now! :D

ClassH
Mar 18, 2008

FISHMANPET posted:

In the arrow in the upper right of the queue go into multi-operations mode, change your view mode to everything, select everything, change the category, and apply.

I had no idea this existed. I could have saved so much time....

monkeybounce
Feb 9, 2007

copperblue posted:

Was actually researching a replacement for Mediadog today, and heard of nzb360. MD isn't free, but it'll handle everything mentioned above. Looks pretty on a tablet.

I use NZB Unity and it works quite nicely. Not exactly the prettiest girl on the block, but she'll get it done.

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy
Who wants to hear what surely is the dumbest question ever asked?

Just had to reformat my laptop (ugh) and I went through the process of setting everything up again. Was just about to install the FireFox plugin, when I noticed if I go to http://localhost:8080/sabnzbd/ in Chrome, it shows up just fine.

What exactly is the plugin/extension for Firefox doing? :shobon:

Qtotonibudinibudet
Nov 7, 2011

Omich poluyobok, skazhi ty narkoman? ya prosto tozhe gde to tam zhivu, mogli by vmeste uyobyvat' narkotiki

Miyamotos RGB NES posted:

Who wants to hear what surely is the dumbest question ever asked?

Just had to reformat my laptop (ugh) and I went through the process of setting everything up again. Was just about to install the FireFox plugin, when I noticed if I go to http://localhost:8080/sabnzbd/ in Chrome, it shows up just fine.

What exactly is the plugin/extension for Firefox doing? :shobon:

Adds a little widget that shows current download activity to the plugin bar. Also directs nzbs to sabnzbd, though this may work regardless.

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy

fivre posted:

Adds a little widget that shows current download activity to the plugin bar. Also directs nzbs to sabnzbd, though this may work regardless.

Oh yeah I just told NZBs to open in SABNZBDB. Probably why I and so many other people complain about "everything downloading twice". :frogbon:

B-Nasty
May 25, 2005

fivre posted:

Also directs nzbs to sabnzbd, though this may work regardless.

Which is worth its weight in gold if you run SAB on another machine (server.) On one box, meh, doesn't much matter.

EC
Jul 10, 2001

The Legend

B-Nasty posted:

Which is worth its weight in gold if you run SAB on another machine (server.) On one box, meh, doesn't much matter.

Most of the indexers have SAB integration nowadays, so it isn't a big deal unless you don't want to expose SAB to the internet.

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy
Yeah I guess I just use it differently than most of you guys. If I want something downloaded on my laptop, I click the NZB link on my laptop. If I want it downloaded to my main PC/server, I click the NZB on that computer.

I am known to do over-complicate things even though I'm pretty decent with computers, so don't go by me though (it's me; I'm the guy who can figure out how to set up a Hackintosh but can't figure out iTunes because it's not just a folder I copy my songs to :saddowns: )

Chumbawumba4ever97 fucked around with this message at 18:47 on Feb 8, 2013

cornface
Dec 28, 2006

by Lowtax
I just set up the nzb queue directory on my media PC as a samba share that I mapped from my laptop.

Just click on the nzb download link and save it there, five seconds later, it starts downloading on the other computer. You can set up subfolders in the queue directory, as well, which will set the category of the download in sabnzbd.

Gozinbulx
Feb 19, 2004
What's the consensus on using a VPN in addition to SSL for usenet? Overkill? Any tangible benefit?

Rexxed
May 1, 2010

Dis is amazing!
I gotta try dis!

Gozinbulx posted:

What's the consensus on using a VPN in addition to SSL for usenet? Overkill? Any tangible benefit?

Overkill if you're just downloading from usenet. Subpeonas are usually issued for people doing file sharing.

Gozinbulx
Feb 19, 2004
No chance of drawing the ire of your ISP?

EgillSkallagrimsson
May 6, 2007

Gozinbulx posted:

Assuming you stay under their bandwidth caps if they have any, not really.

EconOutlines
Jul 3, 2004

I have 2 nzb.su invites.

Gone!

EconOutlines fucked around with this message at 04:48 on Feb 9, 2013

originalnickname
Mar 9, 2005

tree

Gozinbulx posted:

If you're super worried about it, get a provider with SSL and do it that way. Then all they know is that you're downloading from a usenet provider, but they don't know what. You can also further obfuscate it (and possibly even subvert some traffic shaping) by using a non standard port to connect (most providers will let you use 443)

Dr. Video Games 0050
Nov 28, 2007

Roving Reporter posted:

I have 2 nzb.su invites. Just send me a PM.

Drvideogames0050 at gmail! I have no PM's!

pliable
Sep 26, 2003

this is what u get for "180 x 180 avatars"

this is what u fucking get u bithc
Fun Shoe

mCpwnage posted:

goonzb bandwagon

What's going on with this, by the way?

Gozinbulx
Feb 19, 2004
Totally stupid, not important question: Is there a way to have a more "active" download completetion and speed indicator in SABNZB? as it stands, it updates the mb/s and progress bar every...45 seconds? Is there anyway to make it update more often, to get a more "live" view of how fast you're downloading, like when you download through a web browser? How is it registered/updated?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

roxanne
Sep 5, 2006

I have a nzb.su invite. PM me your email if you want it.

Gone.

roxanne fucked around with this message at 07:37 on Feb 9, 2013