Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

horriblePencilist
Oct 18, 2012

It's a Dirt Devil!
Get it?

tiistai posted:

Lazerbot, I'm sorry but snakes have no ears.

Actually, Yin Yang Serpends have extremely developed sensors located under their tongue capable of registering even the finest of vibrations. They use this to capture sound waves and locate their prey.
:goonsay:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Maltose
Feb 16, 2011

The Guffless Girlverine
Obviously when he controls his snakes Coyote is actually receiving information from their Collumela Ossicles.

Wanamingo
Feb 22, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Georgia Peach posted:

LB breaks it down for y'all.

Somebody should tell LB that gay people never actually try to convert heteros.

Breadallelogram
Oct 9, 2012

Wanamingo posted:

Somebody should tell LB that gay people never actually try to convert heteros.

Yeah, that's a pretty homophobic post... :smith:

MeccaPrime
May 11, 2010

Lazerbot posted:

high level of gay

Me: what's the gaydar say about his power level?

LB: my comic isnt dbz y
dose every->
->one say
that?

Seriously though - LB lighten up dude, "the gays" don't want to "convert" everyone. They're just chill dudes and dudettes just like you and me, man; let's just light up some smart weed and high shovel with everyone no matter who they love.

Aristobulus
Mar 20, 2007

Slap omni-gel on
everything.

These avatars paid for Lowtax new boat.

Breadallelogram posted:

Yeah, that's a pretty homophobic post... :smith:

Can't we not get on another derail of "my word you mean to say LB is not an incredibly progressive and open minded saint?! My world is ruined!"

Yeah it's a homophobic post, I'm not defending it, but just enjoy the comic. If you actually look through the comic I'm not sure why it gave you the impression LB wouldn't have beliefs like that and say things like that. Just because the comic is entertaining doesn't mean LB himself is gonna be perfect.

And poo poo, it's been using "gay" and "fag" as an insult since very early on. This isn't something new with LB.

Redeadagain
Jan 10, 2009

this shall be
humorous

Aristobulus posted:

Can't we not get on another derail of "my word you mean to say LB is not an incredibly progressive and open minded saint?! My world is ruined!"

Yeah it's a homophobic post, I'm not defending it, but just enjoy the comic. If you actually look through the comic I'm not sure why it gave you the impression LB wouldn't have beliefs like that and say things like that. Just because the comic is entertaining doesn't mean LB himself is gonna be perfect.

And poo poo, it's been using "gay" and "fag" as an insult since very early on. This isn't something new with LB.

Seriously. People are too uptight about this social justice stuff. Righteous indignation needs to be directed elsewhere. Let the genius work, etc.

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

Shut up. There's nothing wrong with addressing bigotry, even relatively innocent and unintended bigotry, when it arises. I mean, not like there's any gay people reading the thread who can't blow it off as easy as you chill dudes, right? And Lazerbot is a decent and reasonable dude, I doubt he needs anyone white-knighting his ethical blindspots.

No Dignity fucked around with this message at 20:29 on Feb 6, 2013

Redeadagain
Jan 10, 2009

this shall be
humorous

A Steampunk Gent posted:

Shut up. There's nothing wrong with addressing bigotry, even relatively innocent and unintended bigotry, when it arises. I mean, not like there's any gay people reading the thread who can't blow it off as easy as you chill dudes, right? And Lazerbot is a decent and reasonable dude, I doubt he needs anyone white-knighting his ethical blindspots.

You're right! Lemme go tap my otherkin brethren, and zwshe can all go light torches. Someone needs to get angry-mobbed.

Breadallelogram
Oct 9, 2012

If somebody's going to post something LB wrote in the thread, I'll comment on it. It wasn't simply calling somebody a "fag" or something, he was expressing some pretty hosed up beliefs.

It's not that big of a deal, but I'm not just going to say "hey it's cool to think like that." LB reads this thread and I hope some of the comments about that post make him think.

I would also like to avoid derails and just discuss the comic, but Georgia Peach posted something LB wrote outside the comic that warranted response.

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

Redeadagain posted:

You're right! Lemme go tap my otherkin brethren, and zwshe can all go light torches. Someone needs to get angry-mobbed.

Gay people are like otherkin. Got it.

e: Seriously, gently caress you for making that comparison. People can comment on people expressing lovely opinions without making it a 'social justice parade', and Lazerbot expressing homophobic comments is exactly something which should be bought up by his fanbase. And there is a world of difference between LGBT* folk and tumblr social justice narcissists, so maybe try not to be a huge bigot yourself by intentionally mixing the two?

No Dignity fucked around with this message at 20:42 on Feb 6, 2013

Jackie D
May 27, 2009

Democracy is like a tambourine - not everyone can be trusted with it.

Redeadagain posted:

I don't remember anyone being up-in-arms, actually. Seemed like the response in general was "well that's unfortunate, chill your pill about the gays LB". Don't let that stop you from laying into a Social Justice strawman though.

Barnaby Rudge
Jan 15, 2011

so your telling me you wasn't drunk or fucked up in anyway.when you had sex with me and that monkey
Soiled Meat
Everyone, stop being goony. If it really bothers you that much, then send him a polite message on facebook explaining why what he said was a little bit off. You won't change anyones viewpoint by pointing and yelling "OMG HOMOPHOBE".

Now, on a lighter note I bet that Road Runner pecks Demaro's third eye out, then again guessing what's going to happen next is like herding cats.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

People who care about equality are such overbearing idiots, that's why I hang out on reddit, where I can be myself.

my dad
Oct 17, 2012

this shall be humorous

Lurdiak posted:

People who care about equality are such overbearing idiots, that's why I hang out on reddit, where I can be myself.

The problem is that it's derailing the thread in a bad way. I completely agree that LB's attitudes need fixing, but you won't change them by wrecking the thread. Besides, as White Dog Eggs said, you can contact him personally on Facebook.

tao of lmao
Oct 9, 2005

It is unfortunate that Lazy has backwards views on homosexuals, but I think back to how I was 10 years ago and I wasn't much different.

I'm 30 now and with my extra time on this earth, I can see how that line of thinking is wrong. Lazy has his faults, for real, but I can't help but feel it's something he'll grow out of over time. He doesn't come at the subject from a hateful place, but one of smug ignorance (smugnorance). It's tough, 'cause he can write things like "sorry if this looks gay to the viewers" and it's funny, but when he's actually using gayness as an insult to someone IRL, it's not. He should be called out for having lovely bigoted opinions, and we can hope he'll change. Should he decide to double-down on his assertions, then we can individually make decisions whether to continue reading.

Derail aside, I'm loving the past few chapters. There's so much going on, it's crazy.

tiistai
Nov 1, 2012

Solo Melodica
Lazerbot's commentary didn't seem to me like he thought "normal gay people" try to convert heteros, more like he was insulting these "certain gay people" like Pony and, presumably, the guy who called Lazerbro's art gay, thus trying to make it seem like they call things gay because they want them to... be like themselves or something. Which would be kind of weird since Lazerbot himself calls things gay all the time. I don't know.

horriblePencilist posted:

Actually, Yin Yang Serpends have extremely developed sensors located under their tongue capable of registering even the finest of vibrations. They use this to capture sound waves and locate their prey.

But I bet they still don't have eardrums :(

Redeadagain
Jan 10, 2009

this shall be
humorous

A Steampunk Gent posted:

Gay people are like otherkin. Got it.

e: Seriously, gently caress you for making that comparison. People can comment on people expressing lovely opinions without making it a 'social justice parade', and Lazerbot expressing homophobic comments is exactly something which should be bought up by his fanbase. And there is a world of difference between LGBT* folk and tumblr social justice narcissists, so maybe try not to be a huge bigot yourself by intentionally mixing the two?

Man bruv, you need to chillllll, seriously. Joaks aren't supposed to have this effect on the audience.

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

tiistai posted:

But I bet they still don't have eardrums :(

Wikipedia posted:

Snakes lack external ears, though they do have internal ears

tiistai
Nov 1, 2012

Solo Melodica
Ah gently caress

edit: Teaches me not to sperg about biology, at least.

tiistai fucked around with this message at 21:03 on Feb 6, 2013

Waterhaul
Nov 5, 2005

it was a nice post,
you shouldn't have signed it.

Everyone move on from derailing the thread with how LazyB is an idiot and back to how he's an idiot that makes a crazy comic.

Wrist Watch
Apr 19, 2011

What?

The Something Awful Forums > The Finer Arts > Batman's Shameful Secret > Sonic & friends get trolled: if you want to butt gently caress guys that's up to you

Android Blues
Nov 22, 2008

Redeadagain posted:

Seriously. People are too uptight about this social justice stuff. Righteous indignation needs to be directed elsewhere. Let the genius work, etc.

He's not a genius, he's just a guy. He does a kind of dumb (okay, really dumb) comic some people like. People can criticise Coetzee and Emerson for being sexist, for instance, or question the racism in Shakespeare. It'd be a pretty dark day, in that light, if you couldn't criticise some dude on the internet drawing Sonic cartoons.

El Belmondo
Apr 3, 2011

by XyloJW

Wrist Watch posted:

The Something Awful Forums > The Finer Arts > Batman's Shameful Secret > Sonic & friends get trolled: if you want to butt gently caress guys that's up to you

"i know those holy holy lips scare you guys but i likey." - Lazerbot, 2013.

I am Reverend
Sep 21, 2008

Pheromosa's Special Attack rose!
I'm pretty sure Lazerbot was just making a joke, he doesn't actually think homosexuals work like vampires.

horriblePencilist posted:

I wonder if Demaro will improve so much within the battle to the point of beating Coyote...

The way the white snake is just sorta floating there not even trying to bite Demaro is pretty adorable.

e: I'm really tempted to send the first two panels with no context to someone who knows nothing about Tails Gets Trolled.

I am Reverend fucked around with this message at 23:33 on Feb 6, 2013

its curtains for Kevin
Nov 14, 2011

Fruit is proof that the gods exist and love us.

Just kidding!

Life is meaningless
loving lightning venom snakes. :allears:

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Yeah, Lazerbot isn't some distant, unreachable person. He's right there on Facebook and he actually responds to people.

As for snakes, I figured Coyote just listens to vibrations that the snakes can feel in the ground.

Shiran
Feb 20, 2003

I’m amazed Demaro has lasted this long. With how he’s missing an arm I thought he’d only last a couple panels before Coyote killed him.

nerdbot
Mar 16, 2012

The context of it being a massive cartoon crossover filled with weird anime OCs fighting internet trolls makes a lot of the humor present in this comic very funny to me when I otherwise would find it detestable. The latent homophobia is one of those many things. I can't imagine the comic without it.

There are many ways this comic is an inverted Sonichu, and what it says about its author is one of those things. Lazerbot is a weird guy, but he's reasonable and open-minded. His weird homophobic remarks are unfortunate and it's good to address them (even if it causes these awful discussions). It's okay to like the comic in spite of them, too. But considering how he carries himself otherwise, I am 100% certain that sooner or later...dumb rear end will learn. :unsmith:

Shiran posted:

I’m amazed Demaro has lasted this long. With how he’s missing an arm I thought he’d only last a couple panels before Coyote killed him.

It wasn't the arm that kept me from thinking he'd last very long as much as the bit where he screamed at Heimerdinger. He really seems to have collected himself since then.

nerdbot fucked around with this message at 00:10 on Feb 7, 2013

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Shiran posted:

I think he has been weaken by the fight with his brother. That's why this is one fight where I cannot predict the outcome. Maybe Demaro will kill Coyote through the eye demon's intervention. Maybe Coyote will win, and the eye demon uses him as the new host. Maybe they will both live like the Mario and Troll King fight.

cloudy music
Aug 23, 2008
Does lazerbot know about Arkh Project? Because that would explain a lot

tiistai
Nov 1, 2012

Solo Melodica

Shiran posted:

Coyote did say he was going to play with him a little to see what he could do.

Judging by the monologue there, Coyote's probably only about to begin his actual offense.

my dad
Oct 17, 2012

this shall be humorous
Lazey replied to us.

On Facebook, Lazerbot posted:

its not like I'm insulting any one or anything but its funny how sensitive people can be if i even mention anything about gay people. i mean if straight people were this sensitive then the world would be crazy, to flip out every time anything related to homosexuals is mention people freak out, but a conversation about fat or straight people or anything else in that matter is fine, you see how close minded that is, i will give this discussion the same boundaries as any other subject, nothing to do with my beliefs but people make comments about everything else. I'm not gonna give this subject any special treatment because it hurts some feelings, if your gonna be something get use to people talking about it, in other words and i don't want to sound like a dick but stop being a bunch of pansies, there are more messed up things that people talk about with out any issues. i mean people talk about rape on videos on a daily bases. me saying something about a gay person shouldn't be a big deal

Please don't read the comments. His FB fanclub is becoming creepier by the minute.

e: I bet that the fight isn't going to be decided by Coyote and Demaro alone. There will be interference.

my dad fucked around with this message at 00:25 on Feb 7, 2013

Pungry
Feb 26, 2011

JUST PICK ONE. ANY ONE.
though im shocked he was able too dodge my offensive tatics, but i wouldn't have been able to put him in the situation where i could even use offencive tatics

nerdbot
Mar 16, 2012

Pungry posted:

though im shocked he was able too dodge my offensive tatics, but i wouldn't have been able to put him in the situation where i could even use offencive tatics

How did I miss that line? Oh my gosh.

Koosed Up
Feb 3, 2013

by Y Kant Ozma Post

SuperMechagodzilla posted:

I was genuinely touched at that scene. Laserbot is probably a genius. His imagery is unconventional, yet precise - and there is never a wasted panel. (Even in the Mario fight people whined about, the length was a necessary byproduct of the editing - LB was doing a full-blown action sequence, with specific beats and pacing, to show the villains' characteristics.)

The comic is extremely cinematic, but still makes use of its medium with things like the fantastic text bubbles. Kermit's demonstration of how to be patient, alone, makes clear LB's command over his medium. I've never seem anything like this. It's totally next-level stuff, and I still don't really know how to process it.

You're wrong, and you're a grotesquely ugly freak. Stop wasting your time with this and read Homestuck. It's the only webcomic.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

(USER WAS BANNED FOR THIS POST)

ChickenOfTomorrow
Nov 11, 2012

god damn it, you've got to be kind

Koosed Up posted:

You're wrong, and you're a grotesquely ugly freak. Stop wasting your time with this and read Homestuck. It's the only webcomic.

hahahah look at that noob.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Koosed Up posted:

Why do you make war and hate when you can master bate?

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

Koosed Up posted:

You just made Adolf Hitler get off his dick throne in the gates of hell, crawl in to the shower and sob quietly with a bottle of cheap whiskey in his shaking hand because, thanks to you, he is no longer secure in his position as world's least likable human being. Kill yourself.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

El Belmondo
Apr 3, 2011

by XyloJW

Koosed Up posted:

Is this a troll post? Or legitimate?
Either way, :fut: