Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Felinoid
Mar 8, 2009

Marginally better than Shepard's dancing. 2/10
Welp, Origin update broke my multiplayer with the Online Pass issue. I'm not sure I'm even going to bother to get it fixed, with the slapdash way they do it. Anybody who also had this problem with a Digital Deluxe have any info on whether it fucks up any of your CE or preorder stuff?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

You have to mention specifically that it's the Digital Deluxe Edition/Collector's Edition otherwise they'll break your copy of From Ashes.

Felinoid
Mar 8, 2009

UnknownMercenary posted:

You have to mention specifically that it's the Digital Deluxe Edition/Collector's Edition otherwise they'll break your copy of From Ashes.

That part I know. I mean the other stuff, like Argus/Raider/Indra, soundtrack, etc. I realize the soundtrack and artbook aren't accessed through the game, but this is Bioware. They're better at breaking code now than I am at breaking my dad's appliances whenever I visit.

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

That stuff wasn't affected as far as I know.

Felinoid
Mar 8, 2009

Can you double-check? I'd really appreciate it. Garrus without the Indra just wouldn't feel right. :(

Seemlar
Jun 18, 2002
The broken online pass doesn't effect anything other than being able to access multiplayer, and the only other thing that can be effected is From Ashes if they repair it incorrectly.

There's little reason to not get it fixed, it happened to me this weekend and took maybe ten minutes talking to their live support.

Dr. Abysmal
Feb 17, 2010

We're all doomed
Your Argus/Raider/Indra will be unaffected. Those things are in the base game from the start anyway, it doesn't really download anything. Even if you don't have the "rights" to have them you could use gibbed's editor to give them to yourself.

Dr. Abysmal fucked around with this message at 03:57 on Feb 6, 2013

Felinoid
Mar 8, 2009

Yeah, I guess I'm just being a pansy about it. I'll get it fixed tomorrow; little too sour on it to bother tonight.

Still going to make a backup of all the CE stuff though, just in case.

Dr. Abysmal
Feb 17, 2010

We're all doomed
There's no need for that either, it will let you download the soundtrack and art stuff again because Origin knows that you own that content and a hosed up product key for online play won't change that. You won't have to re-download anything in fact, all the service rep will do is give you a new product code to input into Origin, another ME3 will pop up in your games tab, and you just launch from there instead of the old product code.

Rogue AI Goddess
May 10, 2012

I enjoy the sight of humans on their knees.
That was a joke... unless..?

Kaizer88 posted:

Individual Goal: Earn 50,000 points with the M-8 Avenger.

Even if it doesn't become official, I'm still going to do that this weekend.

Nordick
Sep 3, 2011

Yes.

Moose12 posted:

I will however have no problem spamming the ever loving piss out of inferno grenades.
A class with Inferno Grenades and Conc Shot would be loving hysterical. Like the KroSol's IG + Carnage fire explosion spam, but with added benefits of shorter cooldown, better crowd control (knock those fuckers down) and better effect against barriers.

Psimitry
Jun 3, 2003

Hostile negotiations since 1978

Moose12 posted:

If this does end up being official I guess it'll be time to dust of the avenger which I personally hate (though I do enjoy the noise).

It's pretty cool with marksman - not much power behind it, but it's a drat bullet hose.

consensual poster
Sep 1, 2009

Nordick posted:

A class with Inferno Grenades and Conc Shot would be loving hysterical. Like the KroSol's IG + Carnage fire explosion spam, but with added benefits of shorter cooldown, better crowd control (knock those fuckers down) and better effect against barriers.

I want a Batarian Engineer with Inferno Grenade and Overload.

Burning Mustache
Sep 4, 2006

Zaeed got stories.
Kasumi got loot.
All I got was a hole in my suit.

Perfectly Cromulent posted:

a Batarian Engineer

Oxymoron :colbert:

But yeah, that combination would own!

BreakAtmo
May 16, 2009

Only if you can shock an oxymoron to death, which I remember roughly (read: all) 100% of players doing.

Burning Mustache
Sep 4, 2006

Zaeed got stories.
Kasumi got loot.
All I got was a hole in my suit.
Well that just supports my point, see how being an "engineer" turned out for that guy :colbert:

On the plus side, if they do make such a class, I'm absolutely gonna name him Cathka.
Also Blue Suns color scheme.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

I agree with the Zaeed tribute weekend operation but one of the components must absolutely involve getting the Lone Survivor medal.

Felinoid
Mar 8, 2009

With how fun Snap Freeze / Incendiary Grenade + Chain Overload is, I wonder how long until Bioware realizes that it's missing a Cryo Grenade.

exquisite tea posted:

I agree with the Zaeed tribute weekend operation but one of the components must absolutely involve getting the Lone Survivor medal.

Definitely. Bonus points for half of BSN crying that it can't be soloed.

Dezztroy
Dec 28, 2012
Just used the Reegar for the first time. Holy poo poo that thing is like the anti-Phantom.

Badfinger
Dec 16, 2004

Timeouts?!

We'll take care of that.

Burning Mustache posted:

Well that just supports my point, see how being an "engineer" turned out for that guy :colbert:

On the plus side, if they do make such a class, I'm absolutely gonna name him Cathka.
Also Blue Suns color scheme.

When I was catching up on the thread, people were talking about how they named their different classes and how it would be fun to see the names. That would be pretty interesting, since I straight up named my Batarian Sentinel "gently caress". I don't even know why they need names, it's silly.

appropriatemetaphor
Jan 26, 2006

Badfinger posted:

When I was catching up on the thread, people were talking about how they named their different classes and how it would be fun to see the names. That would be pretty interesting, since I straight up named my Batarian Sentinel "gently caress". I don't even know why they need names, it's silly.

Yeah all mine are a mix of Infinite Jest characters and dorkface mcfucktron.

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus
I like naming all of my Krogan characters bro names. Chad, Brock, etc. Krogans really are the bros of the galaxy.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Does multiplayer run off Disc 1 only, or can it run from disc 2?

I seem to have misplaced disc 1.

Aqua_D
Feb 12, 2011

Sometimes, a man just needs to get his Rock off.
So, turns out that playing a Volus Vanguard works wonders on my laptop for running through a Gold/Platinum game, but playing an actual combat oriented class like Vorcha Engineer doesn't work out so well. It's hard to keep the Reegar centered on something with a laptop mouse, an inconsistent 20fps, and an 800x600 play area.

Argus Zant
Nov 18, 2012

Wer ist bereit zu tanzen?

Aphrodite posted:

Does multiplayer run off Disc 1 only, or can it run from disc 2?

I seem to have misplaced disc 1.

Testing as of 5 seconds ago says that it runs fine off of either disc. You should be good.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Argus Zant posted:

Testing as of 5 seconds ago says that it runs fine off of either disc. You should be good.

Good news, but drat. That means I could have just bought a second Online Pass instead of a second copy for multiplayer.

Oh well. At least I only paid $20 for that second copy.

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Yea it works of either disc, a friend of mine gave me his 2nd disc just so I could play with him and I've never had issues.

Also thought of a claymore wielding volus guard and holy gently caress it works, spec for recharge and all the weight bonuses and you can charge, shoot, cancel the reload with the charge and just murder to your heart's content, its absolutely hilarious.

I skipped shield boost though since I needed full fitness seeing as he's a vanguard.

Relentless
Sep 22, 2007

It's a perfect day for some mayhem!

So the first Volus I unlocked is the Mercenary. I want to run around as a chubby little fucker, so somebody teach me how to play him. :D

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Relentless posted:

So the first Volus I unlocked is the Mercenary. I want to run around as a chubby little fucker, so somebody teach me how to play him. :D

Hide behind people bigger than you spamming shield boost and drop your decoy at a good chokepoint, he's not as cooldown dependent so you can carry a reasonably large gun(the mattock is an excellent choice or even the harrier). You can also go full weapon damage bonuses.

Relentless
Sep 22, 2007

Alteisen posted:

Hide behind people bigger than you spamming shield boost and drop your decoy at a good chokepoint, he's not as cooldown dependent so you can carry a reasonably large gun(the mattock is an excellent choice or even the harrier).

6/6/6/4/4?

Doc Dee
Feb 15, 2012

THANKS FOR MAKING ME SPEND MONEY, T

Relentless posted:

Hurricane, spam Shield Boost, support teammates. He has literally no offensive powers.

Bonus points for decking him out in Phoenix armor colors.

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Relentless posted:

6/6/6/4/4?

I'd say skip the drone, it dies from a fart to pretty much anything, for the most part you're there to draw agroo with the decoy.

Relentless
Sep 22, 2007

Alteisen posted:

I'd say skip the drone, it dies from a fart to pretty much anything, for the most part you're there to draw agroo with the decoy.

Also, what do I pick up for ranks 4 and 5 from Shield Boost?

6 seems like I should go for the damage reduction, but the others seem like kind of a tossup.

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Relentless posted:

Also, what do I pick up for ranks 4 and 5 from Shield Boost?

6 seems like I should go for the damage reduction, but the others seem like kind of a tossup.

5 I go with the recharge, 6 I use protection, its insanely useful and will save peoples asses a lot, get good at it and you'll be able to negate stuff like the banshees warp or the atlases rocket.

Relentless
Sep 22, 2007

Alteisen posted:

5 I go with the recharge, 6 I use protection, its insanely useful and will save peoples asses a lot, get good at it and you'll be able to negate stuff like the banshees warp or the atlases rocket.

For 4 is there a huge difference between radius and shields restored? That seems like one of the few times I've really wanted both power options. Some of them in fitness are a distinct choice between weapon and power damage, but both of those seem incredibly situationally useful.

Schenck v. U.S.
Sep 8, 2010
I didn't pay much attention to some of the newer classes after I unlocked them, but I've been playing around with the Batarian Slasher and it's actually a really excellent class. I find Lash a really annoying power, both for myself and when other people on my team use it, so I put zero in it and maxed everything else. Run around at Batarian speed, warping everybody and shooting them with a Graal with warp ammo, spamming cluster grenades at groups, and occasionally punching faces for sheer variety.

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Relentless posted:

For 4 is there a huge difference between radius and shields restored? That seems like one of the few times I've really wanted both power options. Some of them in fitness are a distinct choice between weapon and power damage, but both of those seem incredibly situationally useful.

Nope, I've been going radius since the first voluses and have never had any trouble.

Keep in mind that very few classes have shields over 800, mostly the big tanky ones but even the slight boost will trigger their natural shield regen and keep them alive.

SurreptitiousMuffin
Mar 21, 2010

Alteisen posted:

This is the worst advice. The drone is meant to electrocute things and die, then explode and stagger things, then you pop out a new one because it has a tiny, tiny cooldown. If you have an exploding, shock decoy out as well you can coordinate them to completely lock down areas in a sea of perma-stagger. It's like being a tiny, obese geth prime.

http://narida.pytalhost.com/me3/classes/#Sentinel/VolusMercenary/KPNFF/Talon4AK5AH5////MediGelTransmitter5/

The ideal setup is this:

Drone

Enemies
Enemies
Enemies

Decoy

You

because they'll spin around to shoot at the drone, then back up into the decoy's shock radius, then the drone will move forward and shock them. If they kill either, it explodes and you replace it pretty much instantly. Welcome to stunlock country.

SurreptitiousMuffin fucked around with this message at 02:33 on Feb 7, 2013

Pumpking
Oct 27, 2007

Who is number 1?
Yeah the drones great. If you target an enemy (have them in your crosshairs with that orange box around them) and activate the drone it will spawn behind them. It took me way too long to figure out you can do that, and making it appear in the middle of a group of enemies makes it much more useful as a distraction than just spawning it in the open especially if you take the shock/explode options :laugh:

Its also very useful for guardians and big slow enemies like primes and atlases because they will often turn around to attack the drone giving you a chance to do some easy damage.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Space Hamlet
Aug 24, 2009

not listening
not listening

SurreptitiousMuffin posted:

This is the worst advice. The drone is meant to electrocute things and die, then explode and stagger things, then you pop out a new one because it has a tiny, tiny cooldown. If you have an exploding, shock decoy out as well you can coordinate them to completely lock down areas in a sea of perma-stagger. It's like being a tiny, obese geth prime.

http://narida.pytalhost.com/me3/classes/#Sentinel/VolusMercenary/KPNFF/Talon4AK5AH5////MediGelTransmitter5/

The ideal setup is this:

Drone

Enemies
Enemies
Enemies

Decoy

You

because they'll spin around to shoot at the drone, then back up into the decoy's shock radius, then the drone will move forward and shock them. If they kill either, it explodes and you replace it pretty much instantly. Welcome to stunlock country.

That sounds fun and I would love to see a video of it in action if you could oblige

• Locked thread