Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Stroop There It Is
Mar 11, 2012

:gengar::gengar::gengar::gengar::gengar:
:stroop: :gaysper: :stroop:
:gengar::gengar::gengar::gengar::gengar:

Aphrodite posted:

What time do Operations activate? I haven't played since the new format started.
Check http://blog.bioware.com. There's a countdown ticker at the top.

Also hooray, finally unlocked the Asari Huntress today. :toot: Looking forward to trying that out (I'm not gonna ask for builds, since I've already bookmarked people's suggestions from earlier GOSH I'M SO COOL). What gun do people recommend (plus Warp Ammo, I'm assuming)? I have almost everything but not at X (manifest for funsies).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Stroop There It Is posted:

Also hooray, finally unlocked the Asari Huntress today. :toot: Looking forward to trying that out (I'm not gonna ask for builds, since I've already bookmarked people's suggestions from earlier GOSH I'M SO COOL). What gun do people recommend (plus Warp Ammo, I'm assuming)? I have almost everything but not at X (manifest for funsies).

I went with the Hornet X, decent little SMG, 200% cooldown without the ultra light materials.

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS

Pumpking posted:

I'll also try to remember to rewrite my cerbguard/cerbdept guide. Its really out of date now and still recommends skipping singularity.

Cerberus Adept
  • Don't use

Cerberus Vanguard
  • See Adept

What gun do people recommend (plus Warp Ammo, I'm assuming)? I have almost everything but not at X (manifest for funsies).

Hurricane.

Psion fucked around with this message at 04:13 on Feb 8, 2013

Elotana
Dec 12, 2003

and i'm putting it all on the goddamn expense account
I'm actually a fan of the Acolyte + Phasic + Heavy Barrel combo for the AI. Shields are the slowest target for your powers, and that thing can strip a boss in two shots. Other mod to taste, I like melee because the Acolyte will stagger things for you.

Elotana fucked around with this message at 04:19 on Feb 8, 2013

GruntyThrst
Oct 9, 2007

*clang*

I just learned the guy who voiced Zaeed died a few days ago. I'll have to pop the discs in this weekend and blow away some guddamned aliens in his memory. :zaeed:

Red Crown
Oct 20, 2008

Pretend my finger's a knife.
Ugh. I fire up multiplayer for the first time in like...eight months and it decides to poo poo the bed and not match me to any games. Seriously...any location, enemy, bronze difficulty? Won't find me even one game...

VVV: First thing I checked

Red Crown fucked around with this message at 04:56 on Feb 8, 2013

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

Red Crown posted:

Ugh. I fire up multiplayer for the first time in like...eight months and it decides to poo poo the bed and not match me to any games. Seriously...any location, enemy, bronze difficulty? Won't find me even one game...

.... Did you install all of the free DLC?

Dezztroy
Dec 28, 2012
The Geth Pulse Rifle is a terrible weapon that I shouldn't use, right?

Ravenfood
Nov 4, 2011

Dezztroy posted:

Its a great ammo power delivery system. I like it a lot on my Gethgineer.

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
I think it has a headshot modifier to.

And I dunno, I rather like the GPS, I use it on my trooper along with the damage and armor piercing mods, flamer, shoot, flamer, cancel reload with flamer, etc.

Aqua_D
Feb 12, 2011

Sometimes, a man just needs to get his Rock off.

You can also check the N7HQ page, the starting page will show the current/upcoming weekend operation.

Rogue AI Goddess
May 10, 2012

I enjoy the sight of humans on their knees.
That was a joke... unless..?
Good news, I finally unlocked the Destroyer. Bad news, I don't have any of the cool guns that are recommended for use on him.

If I use an autoclicking mouse to turn Mattock into a poor man's Harrier, will I get into trouble?

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

Dezztroy posted:

ABSOLUTELY CORRECT.

Dezztroy
Dec 28, 2012
CONFLICTING MESSAGES

Anyways, Power Damage increases apply to grenades as well, right? So I should use those +30% power damage consumables as a Demolisher?

tiberion02
Mar 26, 2007

People tend to make the common mistake of believing that a situation will last forever.

Dezztroy posted:

CONFLICTING MESSAGES

Anyways, Power Damage increases apply to grenades as well, right? So I should use those +30% power damage consumables as a Demolisher?

Yes, you can see it increase when you increase your passive.

consensual poster
Sep 1, 2009

Ephemeron posted:

If I use an autoclicking mouse to turn Mattock into a poor man's Harrier, will I get into trouble?

I've never heard of any prohibitions against mouse macros for this game.

Using a rapid click macro for the Mattock works pretty well. It's less accurate than the Harrier when rapid fired this way, so spec Devastator Mode for accuracy. A stability mod or consumable will probably help there as well.

Dezztroy
Dec 28, 2012

tiberion02 posted:

Yes, you can see it increase when you increase your passive.

Great, thanks.

Aqua_D
Feb 12, 2011

Do power damage bonuses apply to things like drone/sentry damage? I never really looked into it, and I've wondered for quite a while now.

Semisponge
Mar 9, 2006

I FUCKING LOVE BUTTS

Psion posted:

Cerberus Adept
  • Don't use

Cerberus Vanguard
  • See Adept

Look how wrong you are.

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

Semisponge posted:

Look how wrong you are.

Hey if you want to show me the pro way to make them not awful on Gold, please do so. I just finished getting 50k in singularity and smash using the Cerbadept and it was not a fun way to go. Maybe I'll finish the last 14k I need in Lash with the vanguard just for fun.

"fun"

tribbledirigible
Jul 27, 2004
I finally beat the internet. The end boss was hard.

Ephemeron posted:

Good news, I finally unlocked the Destroyer. Bad news, I don't have any of the cool guns that are recommended for use on him.

Don't worry about guns you don't have yet- a Destroyer will make an Avenger into God's own angry fist. Slap on some ammo mods, especially incendiary, and go to town.

Semisponge
Mar 9, 2006

I FUCKING LOVE BUTTS

Psion posted:

Hey if you want to show me the pro way to make them not awful on Gold, please do so. I just finished getting 50k in singularity and smash using the Cerbadept and it was not a fun way to go. Maybe I'll finish the last 14k I need in Lash with the vanguard just for fun.

"fun"

Singularity on everything, lash what you can, smash through walls? If you don't know how to play it right that's not the fault of the class.

Felinoid
Mar 8, 2009

Marginally better than Shepard's dancing. 2/10
Cerbguard is a class where when I'm in the zone, nothing can touch me and I just demolish everything I see, but the moment I get thrown off my rhythm I'm nearly useless. You really do just have to have a feel for it.

Demitri Omni posted:

Do power damage bonuses apply to things like drone/sentry damage? I never really looked into it, and I've wondered for quite a while now.

They do for Drone and Turrets; I'm not sure about a Decoy's shock evo. They might also help their shields, but I'm a little foggier on that.

Dezinus
Jun 4, 2006

How unsightly.
Acolyte, Singularity.

Smash on armored dudes.
:getin:

BreakAtmo
May 16, 2009

Dezztroy posted:

The damage sucks, but it has good accuracy, a fast firing rate, a huge clip, it's good for applying ammo power effects as was noted above, headshots do 3x damage against non-bosses instead of the 2.5x most guns do, and it gets a 10% damage boost when used by a geth.

Cometa Rossa
Oct 23, 2008

I would crawl ass-naked over a sea of broken glass just to kiss a dick
I just unlocked the QMI and the Reegar and I have seen the face of God.

Aqua_D
Feb 12, 2011

The Cerberus Adept and Vanguard are some great glass cannon action, the Adept moreso than the Vanguard. Vanguard has a little less damage potential, since you can't self-explosion as easily, but has more survivability with Charge. The Adept is a machine, but requires bottlenecking a lot more than other characters do.

Elotana
Dec 12, 2003

and i'm putting it all on the goddamn expense account

Cometa Rossa posted:

Use adrenaline for extra fun. You can zip around the map zapping all the spawns and killing bosses in two clips.

chami
Mar 28, 2011

Keep it classy, boys~
Fun Shoe

Demitri Omni posted:

The Cerberus Adept and Vanguard are some great glass cannon action, the Adept moreso than the Vanguard. Vanguard has a little less damage potential, since you can't self-explosion as easily, but has more survivability with Charge. The Adept is a machine, but requires bottlenecking a lot more than other characters do.

Use disruptor or incendiary ammo, follow up your charges with heavy melees to keep things staggered. Use smash through walls and on armored targets if you have cover or they're ready to sync kill. Going shoot(prime with ammo) > charge > melee > shoot > charge can be effective.

Here's an example on gold. Of course, it pales compared to the Slayer, but it's still a ton of fun.

chami fucked around with this message at 08:20 on Feb 8, 2013

Felinoid
Mar 8, 2009

Marginally better than Shepard's dancing. 2/10
The last silver gear is mine! Mwahahahah- wait, the next DLC is probably gonna have more gears, isn't it? gently caress. :smithicide:

LogicNinja
Jan 21, 2011

...the blur blurs blurringly across the blurred blur in a blur of blurring blurriness that blurred...

Psion posted:

"fun"

Come watch me Cerbguard while hosting sometime. Charge into groups and melee the gently caress out of them, Smash through walls at any opportunity (with bonuses from melee-killing dudes).

Scuba Trooper
Feb 25, 2006

I am so goddamned bad with the Fury

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Cometa Rossa posted:

Please explain this for someone who is still out of his comfort zone on basically everything but the regular QI

Dezztroy
Dec 28, 2012

IcePhoenix posted:

Please explain this for someone who is still out of his comfort zone on basically everything but the regular QI

The Reegar fucks poo poo up.

subroc
Jun 5, 2004

LogicNinja posted:

Come watch me Cerbguard while hosting sometime. Charge into groups and melee the gently caress out of them, Smash through walls at any opportunity (with bonuses from melee-killing dudes).
He never said it wasn't effective (edit: actually yeah, he says that it's awful), just that it wasn't fun. I'm inclined to agree. It's hard to put my finger on why, since it plays similar to other Vanguards, but the Cerbguard is really boring for me.

And yes, I've played him properly. I've done a standard power based build, I've tried the Charge -> Heavy Melee build, I Smash-cancel through walls and Charge to detonate, it just doesn't do it for me for some reason.

Houdini
Sep 13, 2007

Official terrible game purchaser of the SomethingAwful forums.
I still stand by the phoenix classes being terrible and I'm glad to see other people think so. :colbert:

osigas
Mar 4, 2006

Then maybe you shouldn't be living here

Red Crown posted:

VVV: First thing I checked

I had this for ages myself, and it turned out one of my DLCs hadn't installed, it was downloaded though so I had no indication what the problem was. It was only when I was invited in to a Goon game that it then said "Rebellion not installed" or something similar.

I had wondered why I never got any Retrieval missions which I'd seen in a few videos :rolleyes:

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

People say bigger is better.

But for the first time in my life, I think I've gone too far.

Dezztroy posted:

The Reegar fucks poo poo up.

And makes you look like a Ghostbuster.

Houdini
Sep 13, 2007

Official terrible game purchaser of the SomethingAwful forums.
The quarian assault rifle is even more crazy than the reegar. If it makes it to mp, it'll be so much fun on soldiers and the turian ghost.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BreakAtmo
May 16, 2009

http://cghub.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=116

There's been a comp for CG artists to make new ME and DA characters. I'm mainly bringing this here because CPFortest and I think the design made by 'guedin' needs to be added to the MP like right the gently caress now.

• Locked thread