Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Casu Marzu
Oct 20, 2008

gently caress me. Gimme that carpaccio.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chef De Cuisinart
Oct 31, 2010

Brandy does in fact, in my experience, contribute to Getting Down.

pile of brown posted:

lobster linguini with black truffle (butter tarragon, meyer lemon)

Is that a piece of hair right there?

I just did plate inventory yesterday. We have over $30k worth of plates :psyduck:

therattle
Jul 24, 2007
Soiled Meat
[quote="Chef De Cuisinart"

I just did plate inventory yesterday. We have over $30k worth of plates :psyduck:
[/quote]
That would make for one hell of a Greek wedding.

pile of brown
Dec 31, 2004
Its invisible on my phone but I think you're right. I don't have long black hair though. at least that was a server taster and not a real plate

Mr. Wiggles
Dec 1, 2003

We are all drinking from the highball glass of ideology.
Had awesome moules frites tonight - a rare thing in Nevada. Very happy.

Oh and lots of Belgian beer.

mindphlux
Jan 8, 2004

by R. Guyovich
carpaccio looks ace. man it's been a minute since I've had some proper french style carpaccio. and mmm raw beef and truffles. love it.

bloody ghost titty
Oct 23, 2008

tHROW SOME D"s ON THAT BIZNATCH
Happy birthday, football! Lets celebrate by giving ourselves the meat shits* and drink a lot of beer while watching commercials and brown people hurting each other for money! Go team!

*"happy meat shits eve" was a thing we overheard at the butcher today while buying 10lbs of chicken wings

Casu Marzu
Oct 20, 2008

Frying wings while hungover is less than ideal. Blah.

FluxFaun
Apr 7, 2010

I burned the piss out of myself frying wings last night. Not fun.

Chef De Cuisinart
Oct 31, 2010

I love waking up with a random blister on my forearm and thinking "when the gently caress did I burn myself? I didn't even loving work yesterday."

SubG
Aug 19, 2004

It's a hard world for little things.
I almost never cut myself but I pick up little minor burns all the loving time.

I'm also pretty clean when I cook or do prep or whatever, but whenever I dice an onion at least some of it gets loose and ends up on the floor at some point. And just onion. Like yesterday I made a shitload of fine diced mirepoix with everything diced to the same size and the carrots and celery all stayed put but like two random cubes of onion ended up underfoot.

Dane
Jun 18, 2003

mmm... creamy.
Hey, webdevs. Yeah, you. Yeah, I'll "translate" your "backend" with a blowtorch if you send me poo poo formatted in php rather than plain text (as agreed) 4 days (rather than 14 days as agreed) before deadline, then bitch at me for increasing my price.

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

Sounds like you need to leverage your fist into somebody's frontend.

Wait. That sounds dirty.

:pervert:

Happy Hat
Aug 11, 2008

He just wants someone to shake his corks, is that too much to ask??
Rollercoaster days...

Soundtrack in the car on my way to work is this:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DBwgX8yBqsw

On my way back from work this:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3rPruSoz7k0

NosmoKing
Nov 12, 2004

I have a rifle and a frying pan and I know how to use them
Naga Jolokai wings SOUNDED like a good idea...

(My colon hurts)

Mr. Wiggles
Dec 1, 2003

So for various reasons I can't get into, I have to do some cooking for a high level fete tomorrow at work. Yes, we have staff to handle that, but I believe the logic went something like "oh Wiggles cooks all the time we ought to have him do the steaks." A cool thing for me, since it's a change of pace. So anyway I head down to the kitchen today to see what I have to work with. Two propane grills like you have in your backyard. Ok, so what am I cooking? "Oh, they're over here" they tell me. Individually wrapped portions of boneless beef loin, in discs roughly 4 inches across by 3 thick are defrosting on the counter.

In their Costco packaging.

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

Sounds like your ideal job.

EAT THE EGGS RICOLA
May 29, 2008

Bring a big 'ol stock pot and just boil them in the bags until tender.

Casu Marzu
Oct 20, 2008

Wisconsin owns. I just need to find some 15 year cheddar.

Crusty Nutsack
Apr 21, 2005

SUCK LASER, COPPERS

Casu Marzu posted:

Don't forget the Pleasant Ridge Reserve!

Chef De Cuisinart
Oct 31, 2010

Mr. Wiggles posted:

Individually wrapped portions of boneless beef loin, in discs roughly 4 inches across by 3 thick are defrosting on the counter.

So, sirloin?

Mr. Wiggles
Dec 1, 2003

Hard to tell being frozen and brown. They look like little filet mignon portions.

EAT THE EGGS RICOLA
May 29, 2008

Mr. Wiggles posted:

Hard to tell being frozen and brown. They look like little filet mignon portions.

Calling it now: eye of round. Good luck.

mindphlux
Jan 8, 2004

by R. Guyovich
hurry get them back in the freezer so you can make philly cheesesteaks!

Fo3
Feb 14, 2004

RAAAAARGH!!!! GIFT CARDS ARE FUCKING RETARDED!!!!

(I need a hug)

NosmoKing posted:

Naga Jolokai wings SOUNDED like a good idea...

(My colon hurts)

ha, I know how you feel as I sometimes eat bhuts and other super hots raw (mostly on an empty stomach too unfortunately as I'm not a big eater during the day), just to get a feel for them.
The reds seem worse for me, bhut jolokias, red 7 pots, brain strain etc are pure pain, not in my mouth or throat, but stomach and intestines onwards...
I'm growing some bih jolokias which are a little milder, but over all I prefer the yellow chillies. Yellow 7 pot, bonda ma jacques, fatalii, and even milder baccatums like aji pineapple for sandwiches are much more milder.
Only time I use a naga is in a hot indian curry, it's a cross breed I have, it's not a bhut jolokia, but some cross off a dorset naga.
I like it because it has a lot of heat, but a mild slightly fruity flavour, doesn't overpower a dish full of spices like a habanero can with it's strong flavour, it's way more subtle in the taste department.

Skinny King Pimp
Aug 25, 2011
Skinny Queen Wimp

Casu Marzu posted:

That Serendipity was loving awesome. Now I can't remember if we saved a bottle and I want to drink it if we did.

bartolimu
Nov 25, 2002

Skinny King Pimp posted:

That Serendipity was loving awesome. Now I can't remember if we saved a bottle and I want to drink it if we did.

I got to try Serendipity for the first time a couple of weeks ago. It tastes like wine cooler beer. I'm still not sure if I'd drink it again, but it was interesting. When it comes to New Glarus, Raspberry Tart is the one I want. It smells like picking fresh raspberries in my grandma's garden.

Casu Marzu
Oct 20, 2008

I'm the exact opposite. I love Serendipity. I can't drink much Raspberry Tart. I find it too sweet and bubbly.

Crusty Nutsack
Apr 21, 2005

SUCK LASER, COPPERS

The cherry Belgian ale is my favorite, it's the one Serendipity (temporarily) replaced this season.

Skinny King Pimp
Aug 25, 2011
Skinny Queen Wimp
I thought it was really nice and balanced instead of sometimes overly tart like the Wisconsin Red or too sweet like the Raspberry Tart, personally.

Casu Marzu
Oct 20, 2008

Skinny King Pimp posted:

I thought it was really nice and balanced instead of sometimes overly tart like the Wisconsin Red or too sweet like the Raspberry Tart, personally.

Word.

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

so I get to teach myself how to decorate cakes in the next three days because I have been volunteered to do the cake for my mom's 50th birthday.

Make no mistake, I love my mother, and this is gonna be great, but holy poo poo I have almost no idea what I am doing. :byodood:

And yes, I work at a bakery, but my boss does the decorating seeing as he's got decades of experience over me and cakes aren't exactly something we do every single day. Full-size cakes are by order, and he's got a very specific way of decorating the little mini cakes that we sell in the front.

Placenta Smoothie
Aug 25, 2008

Somehow I don't think walking unarmed into a herd of boar with razor blades for tusks is an entirely sound idea.
In situations like that I like to say I've been 'Voluntold' to do something.

Dane
Jun 18, 2003

mmm... creamy.
In the area of pretentious titles, I received an email from an upcoming food festival that spoke of a thai "Meal Designer" who is coming to the festival with their "mixology concept" to "interpret the blue mussel".

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

Interpreting the blue mussel sounds like something pr0k's mom would be into.

BlueGrot
Jun 26, 2010

Hey guys, PYF cut of meat here http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3531765&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=1 !

Squashy Nipples
Aug 18, 2007

This has been bouncing around social media this morning, so you may have already seen it:

http://www.myfoxboston.com/story/20945530/2013/02/03/waitress-fired-after-posting-receipt-showing-pastors-complaint-about-tip

TLDR: woman "of the cloth" clogs up a large table with a party of 9 friends that ends up spending a measly $34 on appetizers. Then she has the nerve to berate the waitress on the slip for the automatic 18% tip: "I give God 10%, why do you get 18?"

What the gently caress, why do people always treat servers like parasites, and not people working for a living?

bongwizzard
May 19, 2005

Then one day I meet a man,
He came to me and said,
"Hard work good and hard work fine,
but first take care of head"
Grimey Drawer

Squashy Nipples posted:

What the gently caress, why do people always treat servers like parasites, and not people working for a living?

Because so many of them are actors, who deserve the abuse, and it is much simpler to just be mean to all of them.

Yawgmoth
Sep 10, 2003

This post is cursed!

Squashy Nipples posted:

Because they can make at least minimum wage, possibly more if they get decent tips! So clearly I can treat them like poo poo. Also, no one has ever been fired by shady owners for getting less than minimum wage and requesting their employer make up the difference. :downs:

It astounds me the complete lack of empathy some people I know exhibit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Gremlin Eel
Jun 29, 2006

Well, it was a nice idea while it lasted, I suppose.
So, have I missed anything?