Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Red Crown
Oct 20, 2008

Pretend my finger's a knife.

~airpower~

Oh who am I kidding, this is awesome.

vasnote: use imgur or some other image site, you doofus.

Somebody fucked around with this message at 04:06 on Feb 12, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Somebody posted this gem in TFR. Most ridiculous looking rifle grenade I've ever seen.

Scratch Monkey
Oct 25, 2010

👰Proč bychom se netěšili🥰když nám Pán Bůh🙌🏻zdraví dá💪?
It looks like a giant, tumorous nutsack

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?

evil_bunnY posted:

Is it just the lack of airspeed/maneuverability?

It'll have a shorter range than anything capable of shooting back, it'll require a bunch of equipment to actually use (detection, launch, other integration gear) and each missile weighs as much as two Hellfires, so there goes your payload.

evil_bunnY
Apr 2, 2003

Godholio posted:

each missile weighs as much as two Hellfires, so there goes your payload.
Haha that's amazing, I did not know that. AIM-9x on a reaper sounds like an PITA for interceptors.

Proust Malone
Apr 4, 2008

Casimir Radon posted:

The Bush administration was dead set on it long before December 2002. They started drawing up plans before we'd even gotten all that dug into Afghanistan.

The administration was, I just didn't realize how much the media were cheer leading for it in 2002. Kinda chilling to look back on it.

DEVILDOGOOORAH
Aug 2, 2010

~Animu fan~
Yeah, a lot of people tend to forget we never really stopped loving with Iraq after 1991. Operation Desert Fox and the No Fly Zones being enforced were always a thing. I think it was 3F Rule who posted a story about launching some AGM65 during the 90s and blowing something up after that same missile had flown on aircraft for like years or something.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

Ron Jeremy posted:

The administration was, I just didn't realize how much the media were cheer leading for it in 2002. Kinda chilling to look back on it.
9/11 scared the poo poo out of a lot of people, and the majority bought into it when Bush hyped up Iraq as being involved. Hell, he managed to get himself reelected in 2004, half a year after the Shiite uprising started that made it pretty clear that things were hosed.

LEGIT WAR CRIMINAL
Aug 29, 2008

by XyloJW

Ron Jeremy posted:

Yeah, it wasn't just the administration and the media, shitloads of people were all about invading back then.

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
Pictures.

OMFG PTSD LOL PBUH
Sep 9, 2001

Vasudus posted:

Pictures.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Scratch Monkey
Oct 25, 2010

👰Proč bychom se netěšili🥰když nám Pán Bůh🙌🏻zdraví dá💪?

Great Successor explains to what looks to be a jet pilot from 1951 how the MiG-29 works.

Also I learned that North Korean MiG-29s come with headrest doilies

OMFG PTSD LOL PBUH
Sep 9, 2001
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UxD-UN3oi04

owns

Dilettante.
Feb 18, 2011
Some ye olde content.

Cornet Henry John Wilkin, who rode in the Charge of the Light Brigade, 1854. He was also a surgeon apparently.

Crimean War veterans Private Jesse Lockhurst and Thomas O'Brien holding the shot which injured them, 1856. "Lockhurst received a shot in his right eye which destroyed its sight, as well as his upper jawbone. O'Brien had his left eye destroyed and his jawbone fractured."

Heroes of the Crimean War, by Joseph Cundall, 1856 :britain:

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Look at their covers. :allears:

OMFG PTSD LOL PBUH
Sep 9, 2001

Godholio posted:

HAT

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

That HUD(?) looks like something that belongs on a pirate ship.

iceslice
May 20, 2005

Look at their blouses! Those weapon systems must be antiques!

OMFG PTSD LOL PBUH
Sep 9, 2001

iceslice posted:

Look at their blouses! Those weapon systems must be antiques!

:golfclap:

Time Crisis Actor
Apr 28, 2002

by Hand Knit

Dilettante. posted:

Heroes of the Crimean War, by Joseph Cundall, 1856 :britain:

Dude with the axe is the coolest

grumplestiltzkin
Jun 7, 2012

Ass, gas, or grass. No one rides for free.
I have no idea what happened here. Disregard this post. Carry on, shipmate.

drgitlin
Jul 25, 2003
luv 2 get custom titles from a forum that goes into revolt when its told to stop using a bad word.

Godholio posted:

Bearskin!

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe
That's uh, pretty gay.

Brown Moses
Feb 22, 2002

Here's a DIY weapon that's become increasingly popular in Syria, the shotgun pipebomb launcher

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yrDV3kkQQdI

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

What do they do with the shotgun shell, take out the shot and wad before loading? Or can this be done with an off-the-shelf round?

Brown Moses
Feb 22, 2002

EVA BRAUN BLOWJOBS posted:

What do they do with the shotgun shell, take out the shot and wad before loading? Or can this be done with an off-the-shelf round?

I've only got this video where they explain how one works, and it's in Arabic

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fb1eKOpwioQ

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

idk

Is this part of that annual "Russian Military swims in a pond/fountain?"

Must be -

http://englishrussia.com/2009/08/04/russian-paratroopers-day/

Nostalgia4Dogges fucked around with this message at 02:27 on Feb 10, 2013

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

That deserves to be the cover of Airman magazine.

iyaayas01
Feb 19, 2010

Perry'd
That is one of the best pictures I have ever seen.

terrez
Mar 20, 2012

Russia's military sure looks fun :yayclod:

Mike-o
Dec 25, 2004

Now I'm in your room
And I'm in your bed

Grimey Drawer
If I ever have a son and a huge backyard, I know what I'm buying for him.

bulletsponge13
Apr 28, 2010

EVA BRAUN BLOWJOBS posted:

Judging by the pain in the dick loading procedure in the video, I am guessing they remove almost everything out of the shell, if not everything, making it a giant blank round. Bet it is similar to the golf ball launchers they sell for ARs

In Che Guevara's book "Guerilla Warfare" he sows a similar set up for an insurgent mortar. Instead of a blank, it was a big rear end wooden dowel with a cup on the end to hold a grenade. Always wanted to try something similar, but I am afraid to blow my face off.

piL
Sep 20, 2007
(__|\\\\)
Taco Defender
I assumed a blank was used, similar to http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/M7_grenade_launcher . I also pretty much watched that video expecting to see someone blow his own arm off though.

Slim Pickens
Jan 12, 2007

Grimey Drawer
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4hpEnLtqUDg

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?

Came to post the exact same video.
I don't know what the gently caress a harlem shake is, but sleeping-bag dude and falling-out-of-window flag dude had me in tears.

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

God damn it, you've got to be kind.

terrez posted:

Russia's military sure looks fun :yayclod:

The Russkies had some pretty good ideas for unconventional warfare based on deception (maskirovka): http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Military_deception

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Inflatables and other mockups (wooden tanks, jeeps dressed up to look like tanks) go back at least as far as WWII and were used by just about everyone.

Rude Dude With Tude
Apr 19, 2007

Your President approves this text.

The best bit so far is NRK went mad and wrote an article about how it's had almost a million views on youtube (wow) and contacted the Norwegian Army press office, who said it's great and it should be their new recruitment video*.

*I think, my Norwegian is... not great.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

aioli is just mayo
Aug 14, 2003

He has only forbidden to you dead animals, blood, the flesh of swine, and that which has been dedicated to other than Allah . But whoever is forced by necessity, neither desiring it nor transgressing its limit, there is no sin upon him. Indeed, Allah is Forgiving and Merciful

Mahmoud Ahmadinejad posted:

The best bit so far is NRK went mad and wrote an article about how it's had almost a million views on youtube (wow) and contacted the Norwegian Army press office, who said it's great and it should be their new recruitment video*.

*I think, my Norwegian is... not great.

That dude drags a Norwegian flag around in the snow, are other countries not as reverent as U.S.A No. 1?

• Locked thread