Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

tarepanda
Mar 26, 2011

Living the Dream

Gozinbulx posted:

Totally stupid, not important question: Is there a way to have a more "active" download completetion and speed indicator in SABNZB? as it stands, it updates the mb/s and progress bar every...45 seconds? Is there anyway to make it update more often, to get a more "live" view of how fast you're downloading, like when you download through a web browser? How is it registered/updated?

Options, Refresh Rate, 1 sec

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hefty
Jun 11, 2008

Gozinbulx posted:

Totally stupid, not important question: Is there a way to have a more "active" download completetion and speed indicator in SABNZB? as it stands, it updates the mb/s and progress bar every...45 seconds? Is there anyway to make it update more often, to get a more "live" view of how fast you're downloading, like when you download through a web browser? How is it registered/updated?

It's in the options menu on the top right, not the config menu with everything else.

Gozinbulx
Feb 19, 2004
Thank you all.

Turd Eater
May 11, 2003
check your emails

Turd Eater fucked around with this message at 18:56 on Feb 9, 2013

Skarsnik
Oct 21, 2008

I...AM...RUUUDE!

2 invites here, email me at sa.username@gmail.com

e:gone

Skarsnik fucked around with this message at 10:32 on Feb 10, 2013

Frindevil
Jul 4, 2006
Haggis Keeper

Skarsnik posted:

2 invites here, email me at sa.username@gmail.com

Email sent, thanks for offering out to us goons without :)

May set aside today as a snow day where I install, get to grips with and nurture a romance with Sickbeard finally. Daunting because I see all the posts with questions, but I'm a techie so I should be okay.

Also throwing in my 2 cents, or in fact much more for any goon run system.

Guy Axlerod
Dec 29, 2008
Is there a way to tell sickbeard that a given NZB is bad, and it shouldn't try to download it again?

Frindevil posted:

May set aside today as a snow day where I install, get to grips with and nurture a romance with Sickbeard finally. Daunting because I see all the posts with questions, but I'm a techie so I should be okay.

People with problems tend to post more than people who don't have a problem. This makes it look like everyone has problems.

Frindevil
Jul 4, 2006
Haggis Keeper

Guy Axlerod posted:

People with problems tend to post more than people who don't have a problem. This makes it look like everyone has problems.

This is probably the most salient thing I'll read this week. Thanks.

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy
You guys are extremely helpful to me so I'd like to offer an nzb.su invite to the first person who quotes this post.

mcsquared
Nov 19, 2005

Miyamotos RGB NES posted:

You guys are extremely helpful to me so I'd like to offer an nzb.su invite to the first person who quotes this post.

Hello :) Email is arfarf@gmail.com

Thanks!!

Flaggy
Jul 6, 2007

Grandpa Cthulu needs his napping chair

Grimey Drawer
Got my 2 invites to nzb.su today. First to Pm's I receive get them.

apatheticman
May 13, 2003

Wedge Regret
Pm sent.

SpaceAceJase
Nov 8, 2008

and you
have proved
to be...

a real shitty poster,
and a real james
PM also sent.

Trillest Parrot
Jul 9, 2006

trill parrots don't die

YouTuber posted:

What is the "best" application for Android? NZB 360? In the screenshots it looks like a pretty well rounded program containing Sabnzbd, Couchpotato, and Sickbeard with Headphones support coming later. Is there other applications that are free that are top contenders?

I was using SABMobile for a long time, which was functional, but NZB 360 is officially The poo poo.

Trillest Parrot fucked around with this message at 00:05 on Feb 10, 2013

eric
Apr 27, 2004
Lipstick Apathy
I have a 150mb cable connection and I'm looking for a service that can max that out. Are there any capable? I can't get faster than 7MB/sec with blocknews. Also do I have to be a VIP to get invites for nzb.su? I've been using them for over a year and have never received any.

Fancy_Lad
May 15, 2003
Would you like to buy a monkey?
If anyone is looking for block accounts, thecubnet is having a deal for 25GB blocks for $1.29

https://www.thecubenet.com/clients/cart.php?pid=8&promocode=FBtest5

You can open the link multiple times to add multiple 25GB blocks, but each will have their own login info. Apparently you can email support to combine them.

Although it isn't on the Usenet pic that floats around, near as I can gather it is a Highwinds reseller.

tarepanda
Mar 26, 2011

Living the Dream

eric posted:

I have a 150mb cable connection and I'm looking for a service that can max that out. Are there any capable? I can't get faster than 7MB/sec with blocknews.

I use 50 connections with fastusenet.org and tend to top out around 12.5 MB/s or so.

The last time I asked about places with lots of connections I got pooh-poohed away though.

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.
Does it usually take a while to get an email from NZB.SU for purchasing VIP?

Vykk.Draygo
Jan 17, 2004

I say salesmen and women of the world unite!

Trillest Parrot posted:

I was using SABMobile for a long time, which was functional, but NZB 360 is officially The poo poo.

I just switched from NZB Unity based on this recommendation and you're right, it's fantastic. I don't know why I stuck with Unity so long since it barely followed any Android guidelines. You couldn't even back out of the app; you had to use the menu to exit.

zorch
Nov 28, 2006

Feenix posted:

Does it usually take a while to get an email from NZB.SU for purchasing VIP?

Nope, got my email immediately.

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy

mcsquared posted:

Hello :) Email is arfarf@gmail.com

Thanks!!

Sent! Make sure to check your spam folder if you do not see it. Enjoy! :)

Thermopyle
Jul 1, 2003

...the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt. —Bertrand Russell

eric posted:

I have a 150mb cable connection and I'm looking for a service that can max that out. Are there any capable? I can't get faster than 7MB/sec with blocknews. Also do I have to be a VIP to get invites for nzb.su? I've been using them for over a year and have never received any.

I've maxed out 100mbit on Giganews, Supernews, and Astra.

Diviance
Feb 11, 2004

Television rules the nation.
I have another invite to give for nzb.su. PM me to get a chance to get it. I will count how many PM's I get when I wake up tomorrow morning, put that into http://www.random.org/ and give the winning number the invite :) Just to keep things entertaining for me.

Lusername
Sep 22, 2005
The truth is just an excuse for a lack of imagination.

Fancy_Lad posted:

If anyone is looking for block accounts, thecubnet is having a deal for 25GB blocks for $1.29

https://www.thecubenet.com/clients/cart.php?pid=8&promocode=FBtest5

You can open the link multiple times to add multiple 25GB blocks, but each will have their own login info. Apparently you can email support to combine them.

Although it isn't on the Usenet pic that floats around, near as I can gather it is a Highwinds reseller.

Thanks for the heads up. This is a sweet deal for anyone looking to add a Highwinds block account. I just bought two lots.

fattypigfatty
Feb 18, 2007

a walking stereotype of self-indulgence
Fun Shoe

eric posted:

Most of the time I can max my 150mb fios connection with astraweb.

elwood
Mar 28, 2001

by Smythe
I hope people don't mind us cluttering up the thread with nzb.su invite give aways, but I have 2 1 gone as well, so pm me. First come, first served.

elwood fucked around with this message at 09:39 on Feb 10, 2013

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

I have 100mbit cable in Australia and as long as it isn't 7pm on a weeknight I can get 11.5MB/s with SSL to block news.

Diviance
Feb 11, 2004

Television rules the nation.
The winner has been chosen, Number 5 (out of 8... I figured the number would be bigger). PM has been sent.

Rums
Jan 1, 2008
Any recommendations for a newsreader to actually... you know... read usenet? As in not a binary grabber? There are so freakin' many of them, the desire not to narrow down the list outweighs the desire to read the usenet groups, but if anyone has recommendations, I'm all ears.

Syano
Jul 13, 2005

Rums posted:

Any recommendations for a newsreader to actually... you know... read usenet? As in not a binary grabber? There are so freakin' many of them, the desire not to narrow down the list outweighs the desire to read the usenet groups, but if anyone has recommendations, I'm all ears.

I just use google groups

Venkmanologist
Jun 21, 2007

Human sacrifice, dogs and cats living together -- mass hysteria.
5th person to PM me gets an invite to NZB.su

and the winner is kill your idols

Venkmanologist fucked around with this message at 20:38 on Feb 10, 2013

Venkmanologist
Jun 21, 2007

Its becoming increasingly difficult to find rips that AREN'T spread across 2 files. I can understand wanting to cut down on file size, but there is absolutely no reason a DVD rip should be 3-4 GB in size, with ~1.5 GB on each "disc". I purposely avoid Blu-Ray rips so I don't eat up hard drive storage space.

Anyone else notice this trend?

fancyclown
Dec 10, 2012

Venkmanologist posted:

Its becoming increasingly difficult to find rips that AREN'T spread across 2 files. I can understand wanting to cut down on file size, but there is absolutely no reason a DVD rip should be 3-4 GB in size, with ~1.5 GB on each "disc". I purposely avoid Blu-Ray rips so I don't eat up hard drive storage space.

Anyone else notice this trend?

I think it's time you replace that 120GB HDD of yours, then you can get all the linux dists you want :chord:

Venkmanologist
Jun 21, 2007

fancyclown posted:

I think it's time you replace that 120GB HDD of yours, then you can get all the linux dists you want :chord:

I have an external 1TB drive I dedicate to the downloads, I guess maybe I could upgrade to 2TB. My other concern is the amount of data I use in a given month downloading nzbs. My girlfriend and I watch hardly any TV and stick primarily with Netflix, HBOGo, AmazonPrime, and Hulu+, so any way I can cut down on that is helpful.

Its just annoying how something that is supposed to actually a single "document" is split in two for some reason. And it makes it a pain for Plex to properly handle and categorize.

Venkmanologist fucked around with this message at 21:22 on Feb 10, 2013

Trillest Parrot
Jul 9, 2006

trill parrots don't die
What format? I'd be interested to see the .nfo and check it against the standards.

Loucks
May 21, 2007

It's incwedibwe easy to suck my own dick.

Buy a new hard drive or set up a NAS so you don't have to be so obsessive about file sizes? 3TB WD Reds are ~$150 from Amazon.

Edit: yeah, I leave windows open. What about it?

bobdigi
Oct 6, 2004
yea you know who is he
NZB.su Invite

Edit: Gone for good

bobdigi fucked around with this message at 00:53 on Feb 11, 2013

MasterColin
Aug 4, 2006
I have a nzb.su invite for trade. Not sure if there are any other nzb indexers that have an invite system.

Bent Wookiee
Feb 23, 2007

AAAHHH!!?
Are Highwinds resellers subject to the same DMCA takedowns that are plaguing Astraweb currently? Or should I look for a European provider for backup?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

I always found it pretty obvious how sizing worked for downloads.

700MB rip to fit on CD-R for playback on a divx compatible player
3-4GB rip for a DVD-R (straight copy)
8GB for a DL disc full copy bit for bit.

and now everything is moving towards .mp4 so you dont even have to convert it for mobile devices.

I find the scene pretty interesting actually and would love to know how stuff is decided on and so forth. anywhere that goes into detail about it?