Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Edoraz
Nov 20, 2007

Takin ova da world :cool:
I gotta ask the thread something: in the EO4 demo, when you first get to the dungeon, and you had your 3D on... Did it make you feel crossed eyed for a second or three? It did me. Everything was literally popping out at me, so it took a second. Game is hella pretty, though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pegnose Pete
Apr 27, 2005

the future

Edoraz posted:

I gotta ask the thread something: in the EO4 demo, when you first get to the dungeon, and you had your 3D on... Did it make you feel crossed eyed for a second or three? It did me. Everything was literally popping out at me, so it took a second. Game is hella pretty, though.

I didn't notice that, but I ended up turning 3D off when I went to draw in the map, and turning it back on for battles. Just gave me a headache moving the 3DS around so much while map drawing.

Also,
I am still working my way through VLR and I got to the part in the director's room and they totally dropped a Tenacious D reference.
"What are you gonna shoot it with?"
"Uhh...WITH MIND BULLETS"
"That's telekinesis, Sigma"

I was like :aaa: and realized that none of my friends play VLR or listen to Tenacious D so I had to come post about how awesome that was here.

Flame112
Apr 21, 2011
Anyone know how my 3DS would have recently stopped connecting to my router? The SSID and password haven't changed, and my iPod and laptop still connect to the Wi-Fi network just fine. It's only the 3DS that's having problems.

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

Edoraz posted:

I turned 3D off in that demo and while playing Fire Emblem. I played through Super Mario 3DL and Ocarina in 3D but something about 3D and tiny sprites and switching screens gave me a headache.

DuckPuncher
Jun 2, 2011

A writer must sleep
And a ghost must haunt

Flame112 posted:

Anyone know how my 3DS would have recently stopped connecting to my router? The SSID and password haven't changed, and my iPod and laptop still connect to the Wi-Fi network just fine. It's only the 3DS that's having problems.

I've been having that problem, too. Try turning off your 3DS and then restarting your router. Every time my internet acts up while my 3DS is on, the internet will stop working on it til I do that.

Flame112
Apr 21, 2011

DuckPuncher posted:

I've been having that problem, too. Try turning off your 3DS and then restarting your router. Every time my internet acts up while my 3DS is on, the internet will stop working on it til I do that.

Unfortunately this didn't help. Thanks for the suggestion though.

Crawfish
Dec 11, 2012

Have you checked if the wireless light on the 3DS itself is still on?

I know it sounds like a dumb suggestion, but the amount of times i've taken mine out of my pocket just for it to have no internet connection, and that being the cause after the slider thing for it had been bumped enough that it had turned off in my pocket, is like..... well at least a bunch.

jtm33
Mar 23, 2010

Flame112 posted:

Unfortunately this didn't help. Thanks for the suggestion though.

Try manually setting an IP address for your 3DS to connect to your router. If you don't know how this can be a bit of a hassle but it is worth trying.

1. You need to find the local IP address for your router. Assuming a typical home network setup this is how I would find it. Easiest way is to go to a connected PC, for Windows 7 go to Control Panel and search for network connection. Select network connections and right click on the connection associated with your router. Hit status and then Details... the IP address you need is listed next to IPv4 Default Gateway. In most cases it is 192.168.1.1 . If it is not let me know. Also note down what is next to IPv4 Address, Subnet Mask, and DNS servers.

2. Go to your 3DS connection setup. New connection > Manual Setup > Manual Setup.

3. Under SSID enter the name of the wireless router access point you are trying to connect to. Make sure there are no errors.

4. Under Security select what you have (likely WPA2-PSK (AES)).

5. Under IP Address select not to auto-obtain. Detailed Setup.

6. For IP Address you need to enter an address that was NOT listed under "IPv4 Address" on your computer's network. Your computer's was likely something like 192.168.1.2 . You need to select an IP address in the same range that is not being used. Try something like 192.168.1.100 . The first 3 sections of that number need to be the same as your computer's connection, the last number needs to be different, and under 255.

7. Enter subnet mask the same as on your computer.

8. Enter Gateway as it is listed under Default Gateway on your computer. This is likely 192.168.1.1 . OK.

9. Under DNS enter the two DNS addresses the same as listed on your computer. If there was none use 8.8.8.8 for now.

10. Hit OK. Save your connection and try it again.

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

The easiest way to figure out the Gateway and format for the IP is to type "ipconfig" in the Windows console. Just press Windows Key + R, then type "cmd", then type "ipconfig" in the black window.

Using a manual IP instead of the standard auto detection is how you go around problems with bad routers (like mine).

asecondduck
Feb 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Pegnose Pete posted:

Also,
I am still working my way through VLR and I got to the part in the director's room and they totally dropped a Tenacious D reference.
"What are you gonna shoot it with?"
"Uhh...WITH MIND BULLETS"
"That's telekinesis, Sigma"

I was like :aaa: and realized that none of my friends play VLR or listen to Tenacious D so I had to come post about how awesome that was here.

This is actually a fantastic brick joke, too, though you won't get it until the end of the game.

For those who have finished the game but missed the joke (HUGE spoilers): Sigma's real name is Kyle.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

lelandjs posted:

For those who have finished the game but missed the joke (HUGE spoilers): Sigma's real name is Kyle.

No, that was K, not Sigma.

Badingading
Sep 2, 2011

Edoraz posted:

Yeah, the dungeon perspective literally made me nauseous in 3D the first time. Aside from mild amusement from the pop-out menus I've not really cared much for EO4's handling of 3D and left it off for the most part.

IAmKale
Jun 7, 2007

やらないか

Fun Shoe
Has there been any media released showing Lego City Undercover on the 3DS? It's common knowledge that it's coming out for the system but all of the trailers and videos released thus far have been about the WiiU version.

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

Badingading posted:

Yeah, the dungeon perspective literally made me nauseous in 3D the first time. Aside from mild amusement from the pop-out menus I've not really cared much for EO4's handling of 3D and left it off for the most part.

It's weird because I got disoriented in EO4 until I put on 3D. The perspective is kind of smooshed without it on.

alg
Mar 14, 2007

A wolf was no less a wolf because a whim of chance caused him to run with the watch-dogs.

Amazon e-mailed to let me know that I should have FE:A on Tuesday :unsmith:

Flame112
Apr 21, 2011

jtm33 posted:

internet stuff

Saoshyant posted:

more stuff

Welp, I'm still getting the same error. I think I'm gonna have to go through my router's control panel to fix this. Anyone know what settings I should look at? Is there a certain port that the 3DS uses or something?

Geektox
Aug 1, 2012

Good people don't rip other people's arms off.

Flame112 posted:

Welp, I'm still getting the same error. I think I'm gonna have to go through my router's control panel to fix this. Anyone know what settings I should look at? Is there a certain port that the 3DS uses or something?

Is it possible that your router has a client limit and all of them have been taken up?

asecondduck
Feb 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

kirbysuperstar posted:

No, that was K, not Sigma.

Oh. Now I'm just confused. I was under the impression that Dr. Klim's name was also Kyle and that he named his clone after himself. What's Dr Klim's/Sigma's real first name then?

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

lelandjs posted:

Oh. Now I'm just confused. I was under the impression that Dr. Klim's name was also Kyle and that he named his clone after himself. What's Dr Klim's/Sigma's real first name then?

Uh... Sigma. He is explicitly referred to near the end as "Dr. Sigma Klim".

SusanosWrath
Jan 3, 2012

This Unit Will Self-Destruct Upon Termination of Target

alg posted:

Amazon e-mailed to let me know that I should have FE:A on Tuesday :unsmith:

I'm really hoping I get an email like that soon, because I'm getting really anxious and kind of wish I could purchase a downloadable code on Amazon for it as opposed to the physical copy. :smith:

asecondduck
Feb 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Regy Rusty posted:

Uh... Sigma. He is explicitly referred to near the end as "Dr. Sigma Klim".

*Facepalm* Not sure how I forgot that.

deadwing
Mar 5, 2007

Didn't see this mentioned yet - the new Brain Age is already available for download on the e-Shop for 30 bucks. I've only delved into it a little bit (since it does the days-checked-in content drip thing), but the training seems much more difficult than past games, and there's a really cool puzzle game made by Intelligent Systems thrown in called Block Head that seems like it'll get really interesting real fast.

Flame112
Apr 21, 2011
Well I figured out why my 3DS wasn't connecting to my router. My roommate set the Wifi network to N only, which apparently doesn't play nice with my 3DS. I suppose I'll have to switch it back and forth when I need internet on my 3DS.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.
At least with the 3DS (and DSi software) you don't have to have a WEP AP open. That's a step up. Jesus Christ.

Green Puddin
Mar 30, 2008

Is there a G+N mode you can switch it to? I've currently got my router set up to that, 3DS talks to everything just fine and my N cards still get their full speeds.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
I picked up the new Brain Age game today, and it's really fun! Unfortunately a lot of poo poo starts locked, but I'm happy with it so far as long as I have most of the games within a week of playing. I'm not putting a lot of stock in the actual personal benefits of the game, but I really just love doing fast math problems and stuff for fun so it's a hoot even if I don't suddenly become a concentration god.

Bleusilences
Jun 23, 2004

Be careful for what you wish for.

Green Puddin posted:

Is there a G+N mode you can switch it to? I've currently got my router set up to that, 3DS talks to everything just fine and my N cards still get their full speeds.

It's called mixed mode, but on newer model router have 2 network one n and one g+b - be careful which one you choose!

Badingading
Sep 2, 2011

I got the new Brain Age game as well, and while the fact that it locks your progress daily and keeps most of the modes locked until subsequent days is annoying, I probably would only have been able to play about as much as was unlocked at the start anyway before getting a headache. This game made me realize how bad my focus is. :psyduck:

asecondduck
Feb 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
I also got Brain Age and mothergently caress Devilish calculations. I could do the first difficulty but as soon as I got to the second one I kept mashing the pass button after ten or so questions. I'm much better at the memory cards, thankfully.

I was also a little surprised that things are locked out from the start but after I did all of today's tasks I found out that I had used the app for about 50 minutes; factor out about five minutes for the tutorials and another 5 for me messing around with the casual mode game and that means I did the actual brain training bits for about 40 minutes. That's probably about as much as I'd want to do per day anyway, so that works out nicely for me.

I am annoyed that I apparently have the recall abilities of a 70-year-old, thougj.

deadwing
Mar 5, 2007

lelandjs posted:

I also got Brain Age and mothergently caress Devilish calculations. I could do the first difficulty but as soon as I got to the second one I kept mashing the pass button after ten or so questions. I'm much better at the memory cards, thankfully.

I was perfectly OK with all of the second-level calculations, but I got absolutely murdered when it wanted me to remember three in advance. I got about ten right then just missed one and it completely hosed up my mojo, I had to pass all but two of the last fifteen or so problems.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

deadwing posted:

I was perfectly OK with all of the second-level calculations, but I got absolutely murdered when it wanted me to remember three in advance. I got about ten right then just missed one and it completely hosed up my mojo, I had to pass all but two of the last fifteen or so problems.

Yeah 3-Back is really loving me up royally. Hopefully tomorrow goes better, but I think it'll take me at least a week to really feel like I have it down. The looming spectre that is 4-back already haunts my dreams.

Pegnose Pete
Apr 27, 2005

the future
New club nintendo rewards today, can't remember what time they usually update though.

Laser Spider
Jan 28, 2009

psychoticBacofoil posted:

I'm really hoping I get an email like that soon, because I'm getting really anxious and kind of wish I could purchase a downloadable code on Amazon for it as opposed to the physical copy. :smith:

You know that it was available on the eShop, right? I mean, if you have Amazon gift cards then I can understand buying it from there, but if you were otherwise fine with the digital version then there's no need to deal with the middleman.

fatpat268
Jan 6, 2011

kirbysuperstar posted:

At least with the 3DS (and DSi software) you don't have to have a WEP AP open. That's a step up. Jesus Christ.

I never understood why nintendo couldn't create some kinds of emulation layer where it translated a wpa encrypted signal that the 3ds could understand into an unencrypted signal the DS software could understand.

But, of course, it's nintendo.

Typhus733
Aug 30, 2008

Pegnose Pete posted:

New club nintendo rewards today, can't remember what time they usually update though.

New games are up, the two 3DS ones do nothing for me but I'm so bummed Paper Mario is available for Wii/U and I have neither

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up
Bird & Beans is just Pyoro from WarioWare isnt it?

IAmKale
Jun 7, 2007

やらないか

Fun Shoe

Pegnose Pete posted:

Was that 3DS game case a month or two back just a fluke? I'd like to pick up another one but it's not even listed under Currently Unavailable.

And what's a good way to pick up 10 coins? I'm that many away from Platinum thanks to FE:A and I'd rather pick up something small to get me over the top than to register a 40-coin game that could be used towards next year's Platinum.

IAmKale fucked around with this message at 19:29 on Feb 11, 2013

Commissar Ken
Dec 9, 2006

Children STILL love me, dammit!

Karthe posted:

Was that 3DS game case a month or two back just a fluke? I'd like to pick up another one but it's not even listed under Currently Unavailable.

And what's a good way to pick up 10 coins? I'm that many away from Platinum thanks to FE:A and I'd rather pick up something small to get me over the top than to register a 40-coin game that could be used towards next year's Platinum.

If you don't own Gunman Clive, get it. It's like 2 bucks and a really stylish Megaman clone with fun boss fights. (don't think you get coins right away but you'll get a post play survey in a week.)

Typhus733
Aug 30, 2008

Karthe posted:

If you haven't already you should get a one week post play survey for FE:A worth 10 points.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Laser Spider
Jan 28, 2009

elf help book posted:

Bird & Beans is just Pyoro from WarioWare isnt it?

Pyoro and Pyoro 2. It was one of the earliest pieces of DSiWare when it was re-released as Bird & Beans.

I know Nintendo also released that game where you controlled a paper airplane falling down a tower as a standalone DSiWare game, but I can't remember what they named it.

• Locked thread