Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

simplefish posted:

I need a nomination - I'm doing a "painting a day" thing and though I can't promise that it'll be any good (the whole point is to get better), I'll take a suggestion of a TGT character and give it a whirl.

Either Underbite Troll or Smart Troll.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

scarycave
Oct 9, 2012

Dominic Beegan:
Exterminator For Hire
e:^^Beaten again. But hey, that's two votes for Underbite! He's in the lead!^^

Under-bite troll maybe?

second edit: If you do go with Underbite, make sure you get some epic lighting on his glorious chin.

scarycave fucked around with this message at 00:40 on Feb 10, 2013

scarycave
Oct 9, 2012

Dominic Beegan:
Exterminator For Hire
Sorry, double-posted.

SerSpook
Feb 13, 2012

Underbite Troll and Silver in the troll off.

simplefish
Mar 28, 2011

So long, and thanks for all the fish gallbladdΣrs!

Mr. Maltose posted:

King Baby Zapdos. Get ahead of the fanart wave.

I'd never painted (or even drawn) a bird before, so this was my choice. All of twenty minutes went into it - but I really wish I'd waited until I'd had more than one brush, and a paper that wasn't printer paper. Ho hum. Scanning and uploading, will post soon.

-

Edit: I give you
KING BABY ZAPDOS

Edit 2: Oh crap, there is no black smudge on his wing on the paper. That means it's on the scanner glass...

Oh, and if you feel like being less than complimentary, go for it. After all, I did say

simplefish posted:

I need a nomination - I'm doing a "painting a day" thing and though I can't promise that it'll be any good (the whole point is to get better), I'll take a suggestion of a TGT character and give it a whirl.

But if you could be constructive while you're at it, that'd be grand.

simplefish fucked around with this message at 01:47 on Feb 10, 2013

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva
I'm no master, but I think it needs some legwork.

It would be useful to figure out what kind of bird leg you want to have though, there are like ten million kinds toe and leg combinations.

I tried to pull up a good comparison of legs, but google wasn't being too helpful. Just imagine I posted a pic of different legs, like sparrow, crane, ostrich, owl, albatross, whatever.

I like it, but your legs are pretty much the same thing as taking the ankle off someone and attaching it directly where the femur plugs in.

simplefish
Mar 28, 2011

Thanks! I didn't expect something so comprehensive!

I was going for something like this:

where the "thigh" bits are so pressed against the body that they seem not to exist. The legs are supposed to be coming forwards from further back (you can just see a glimpse of yellow below the belt buckle, showing that the legs start behind the bottom of the chest, and the toes line up with the corner of the Santa-Vest thing) but I really suck at foreshortening, especially in black

Also I really ran out of space (and effort) for the left foot, and the reference image wasn't a whole lot of help:

I like drawing birds, though, I've decided. Going to focus on them for the next week or so -- for which your diagrams will come in very helpful!

DrManiac
Feb 29, 2012

Light Gun Man posted:

Super Troll Wars TGT :colbert:

This would actually work really well for the poo poo ton of characters and overly elaborate special moves.

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy

DrManiac posted:

This would actually work really well for the poo poo ton of characters and overly elaborate special moves.

Exactly!

I wonder if you could set up some sort of system that determines if a character's head was destroyed or not, and if not, neutrals could add fallen characters to their corpse armies.

simplefish
Mar 28, 2011

I'd save necromancing for its own campaign mode

scarycave
Oct 9, 2012

Dominic Beegan:
Exterminator For Hire
As much as I'd like to keep talking about a game, I have no self control what-so-ever and can barely resist trying to make everything everyone says, we really need a new page. :ohdear:

horriblePencilist
Oct 18, 2012

It's a Dirt Devil!
Get it?
Soooooo...
How about that Chapter 4 Part 2 video?

nerdbot
Mar 16, 2012

scarycave posted:

As much as I'd like to keep talking about a game, I have no self control what-so-ever and can barely resist trying to make everything everyone says, we really need a new page. :ohdear:

My sincerest hope is that Lazerbot's taking a break to play Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed, and when he comes back we see Football Manager and Danica Patrick added to the lore of Tails Gets Trolled.

But nah for real he's probably just chillin his pill. He said at the beginning of the month he'd be working slower.

its curtains for Kevin
Nov 14, 2011

Fruit is proof that the gods exist and love us.

Just kidding!

Life is meaningless
A Heavy Weapons Guy cameo would be the best thing.

Chexoid
Nov 5, 2009

Now that I have this dating robot I can take it easy.

NTT posted:

A Heavy Weapons Guy cameo would be the best thing.

Only if he's completely reversed character wise, like Hulk.

ComradeCosmobot
Dec 4, 2004

USPOL July
Soooooo...
How about that Chapter 5 audio?

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Lazerbot said on Facebook that the reason the new pages has been slow to come along is because he has "been working on something special for you guys :D".

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
I hope it's something like the out of the blue three-page rebuttal to people who said TGT was like Dragonball Z. That was worth the minor delay in real pages.

nerdbot
Mar 16, 2012

ComradeCosmobot posted:

Soooooo...
How about that Chapter 5 audio?

That already happened! http://tindeck.com/listen/iyjr

So the real question is...where's Chapter 6?????

horriblePencilist
Oct 18, 2012

It's a Dirt Devil!
Get it?

The MSJ posted:

Lazerbot said on Facebook that the reason the new pages has been slow to come along is because he has "been working on something special for you guys :D".

What if it's an animation? He's been asking around for animation software (even though it probably was for a future project) and he has some experience with it.
I just hope the animations won't end after 21 frames.

ComradeCosmobot
Dec 4, 2004

USPOL July

nerdbot posted:

That already happened! http://tindeck.com/listen/iyjr

So the real question is...where's Chapter 6?????

That is what I meant, yes. :geno:

scarycave
Oct 9, 2012

Dominic Beegan:
Exterminator For Hire
Hey Amarek, if I or anyone else ever decided to make a game...would we be allowed to use your voice clips in it. More specifically your gun shot sounds. I actually got some more paper mario style attacks, but making more party members is getting a bit difficult without having to make a whole set of cursors per character.
Also, if your sick of me blabbering on about this and posting youtube links please let me know. I don't want to touch the poopoo.

//edit//
Nm, Multiple characters at once are a go.
Successfully piloted a party of tails.

Knuckles planned gimmick:
Knuckles has the lowest starting magic attack, but some of the most powerful ones in the game.

Knuckles Abilities:
Smart Weed Boost (+extra 10 magic.), he would get 15 instead of 5, surpassing tails magic stat at lv.1
(When I make items and levels of course.)

Knuckles Move-List:
Attack
Power-Hit - press [Z] to charge power. (+.25 per hit, time 5 seconds)
(Planned moves)
Quake - same as power hit, magic damage, doesn't hit wind enemies but deals double damage to ground enemies.
Heat-Knuckle - Fire/Physical attack.

scarycave fucked around with this message at 14:14 on Feb 11, 2013

horriblePencilist
Oct 18, 2012

It's a Dirt Devil!
Get it?
You should make a troll off-system like Monkey Island.

"You fight like a dairy farmer!"
"Oh yeah well I've got two dicks and four balls what do you have to say about that"

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink

horriblePencilist posted:

You should make a troll off-system like Monkey Island.

"You fight like a dairy farmer!"
"Oh yeah well I've got two dicks and four balls what do you have to say about that"

" Jesus, that's one dick too many."

change my name
Aug 27, 2007

Legends die but anime is forever.

RIP The Lost Otakus.

Oh yeah? I've got a quint. :shepface:

simplefish
Mar 28, 2011

Schwarzwald posted:

" Jesus, that's one dick too many."

"Your mom said it was one dick too few"

Aramek
Dec 22, 2007

Cutest tumor in all of Oncology!

ComradeCosmobot posted:

That is what I meant, yes. :geno:

Sorry internet friends, due to work being crazy busy (Flu season and all that) I haven't had time to work on any of my "for-fun" voice stuff for a while. I've been cast as several characters in an upcoming vidjea game, and doing all the recording for that has been taking up my time every evening. As soon as I'm done, though, I'm looking forward to the Troll-off scene!

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

Aramek posted:

Sorry internet friends, due to work being crazy busy (Flu season and all that) I haven't had time to work on any of my "for-fun" voice stuff for a while. I've been cast as several characters in an upcoming vidjea game, and doing all the recording for that has been taking up my time every evening. As soon as I'm done, though, I'm looking forward to the Troll-off scene!

That's some good news then. Super duper kooper cool like up in the bitches snitches.

M as in Mancy
Apr 21, 2011

by Y Kant Ozma Post
That's all fair and good, but I think we should be more concerned about Jazzflight's apparent laziness.

ThatPazuzu
Sep 8, 2011

I'm so depressed, I can't even blink.

The MSJ posted:

I like to imagine his computer never broke and every break was a planning session where he prepared his ideas

JazzFlight
Apr 29, 2006

Oooooooooooh!

Daionus the 23rd posted:

That's all fair and good, but I think we should be more concerned about Jazzflight's apparent laziness.
Haha, yup.
I got some hot pills simmering on this stove, I'm sure. Don't worry, in time they will be cold yet again. All good things come to those who wait.

Calico Heart
Mar 22, 2012

"wich the worst part was what troll face did to sonic's corpse after words wich was rape it. at that point i looked away"

JazzFlight posted:

Haha, yup.
I got some hot pills simmering on this stove, I'm sure. Don't worry, in time they will be cold yet again. All good things come to those who wait.

I love it every time I see someone run with the chill your pill thing.

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!

Aramek posted:

Which vidjea game would that be?

Jackie D
May 27, 2009

Democracy is like a tambourine - not everyone can be trusted with it.

Calico Heart posted:

I love it every time I see someone run with the chill your pill thing.

I've been using it as part of everyday life...I don't know that it's catching on but no one questions it!

MustelaFuro
May 6, 2007

Evolution: Reproduction of the fit enough.
Is there a compilation of the best TGT lines or LB quotes anywhere? If not, there should be.

nerdbot
Mar 16, 2012

MustelaFuro posted:

Is there a compilation of the best TGT lines or LB quotes anywhere? If not, there should be.

This might not be exactly up your alley, but my good friend and fellow goon Constable Lemon put together a Twitter account that tweets out-of-context TGT lines every so often. It's about the closest I can think of to a solid list of any TGT lines.

ComradeCosmobot
Dec 4, 2004

USPOL July
Partly off topic, but since we're still waiting on Lazy-B... I must admit that whenever I read the thread about the Tea Party Facebook in GBS I think of Kermit's essay on how "the best challenge for a troll to troll is another troll."

Stottie Kyek
Apr 26, 2008

fuckin egg in a bun

Jackie D posted:

I've been using it as part of everyday life...I don't know that it's catching on but no one questions it!

I've caught myself saying "sweet like nice feet" once or twice. I need to stop.

Paramemetic
Sep 29, 2003

Area 51. You heard of it, right?

Fallen Rib
New page, with apologies for the delay!

Coyote has attained Maximum Smug, and Roadrunner has it by proxy. I love this comic.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink
Meep meep, motherfucker.