Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
A Bakers Cousin
Dec 18, 2003

by vyelkin

Godholio posted:

Inflatables and other mockups (wooden tanks, jeeps dressed up to look like tanks) go back at least as far as WWII and were used by just about everyone.

http://www.amazon.com/Ghosts-Eto-American-Tactical-Deception/dp/0971170959

A good read. A little dry but very interesting history.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aciid c0d3r
Jun 21, 2008
"Shouldn't you be out mowing the lawn, or spending time with your wife?"
\
:backtowork:

Rigel posted:

That dude drags a Norwegian flag around in the snow, are other countries not as reverent as U.S.A No. 1?

I don't think it was intentional, as he fell face first out of the window. He probably had no plan other than "flail in the window like a man having a seizure."

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

That Norway video gets funnier every time I watch it.

Limp Wristed Limey
Sep 7, 2010

by Lowtax

Rigel posted:

That dude drags a Norwegian flag around in the snow, are other countries not as reverent as U.S.A No. 1?

Nah, I dont think many European countries get misty eyed when they see their flag fluttering in the wind. In the UK you could wipe your arse with the Union Jack and no one would give a crap.

evil_bunnY
Apr 2, 2003

Soiling/tampering with flags isn't held in high regards, but it probably won't get you in trouble in most of the old world. Except in grenouille country of course. They created the infraction after someone literally wiped himself with a french flag. The tears and cries were glorious, let me tell you.

Brown Moses
Feb 22, 2002

Going back to the shotgun grenade launcher from Syria I posted a couple of videos of, here's an example of one failing to fire correctly, and causing a bit of a panic

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eQMus3xyd0U

Branis
Apr 14, 2006

by VG

Aciid c0d3r posted:

I don't think it was intentional, as he fell face first out of the window. He probably had no plan other than "flail in the window like a man having a seizure."

I'd argue that it's more reverant that way. He was patrioting so hard that he patrioted right out a window. Now thats love of god and country.

OMFG PTSD LOL PBUH
Sep 9, 2001

Branis posted:

I'd argue that it's more reverant that way. He was patrioting so hard that he patrioted right out a window. Now thats love of god and country.

I couldn't agree more.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Brown Moses posted:

Going back to the shotgun grenade launcher from Syria I posted a couple of videos of, here's an example of one failing to fire correctly, and causing a bit of a panic

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eQMus3xyd0U

I love that you can hear the audible click when the primer fails. Guy's just like, "gently caress!", tosses the whole shotgun and runs.

8lbsofanalsex
Jun 3, 2011
Continuing with Norwegians acting crazy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jp1yclQXd1Q

Reminds me of a few guys that I knew when I was in.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

This thread is a fun read, Steven Segal Literally Is Kindergarten Cop.

But I just felt the need to share some highlights.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lJQNOoKXwL8

quote:

THAT TIME HE KILLED THAT DOG AND ALL THOSE CHICKENS

I assume everyone already knows about this, but just to be sure: in March 2011, while filming his reality show Steven Seagal: Lawman (the one where he pretended to be a policeman) Steven was involved in a raid on a person's house that resulted in the death of a puppy and 115 chickens.

Jesus Llovera was suspected of cock fighting. So Mr. Seagal, Sheriff Joe Arpaio (who, himself, is a pretty terrible guy), a camera crew, and a SWAT team turned up at his house with a tank, some other armored vehicles, and a loving bomb robot.

Despite the fact that Jesus had no history of weapon ownership, was home alone, and was suspected of cock-fighitng rather than like, bomb making or murder or something, Steven was allowed to drive a tank through the front wall of the man's home, while the SWAT team smashed through his windows and moved in to arrest him. A puppy belonging to Jesus's children was killed during the raid, and the 115 chickens that Steven and pals were there to rescue ended up being euthanized on the spot. When asked for a comment by a local news station, Seagal said, "animal cruelty is one of my pet peeves."

Also, can you imagine how loving humiliating it must be to get arrested by Steven Seagal on camera? No matter what your crime is, if you have to go through that level of shame they should just release you with the crime removed from your record. It's inhumane.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z1lcfKT3vJo

Swat fan with a loving 50 cal

This thing rolled into a car because the brakes weren't secured or w/e

:eyepop:

Scratch Monkey
Oct 25, 2010

👰Proč bychom se netěšili🥰když nám Pán Bůh🙌🏻zdraví dá💪?
I bet Norwegians never go on about "warriors this" and "warriors that"

WP CURES PALESTINE
Jun 17, 2011
[ASK] ME about :

LYING ABOUT BEING A US MARINE

HATING ON TRANSPEOPLE BUT SECRETLY DATING ONE

CLAIMING TO HAVE PTSD ON MY OKCUPID PROFILE

HAVING A TRIFORCE TATTOO ON MY NECK

Christoff posted:

This thread is a fun read, Steven Segal Literally Is Kindergarten Cop.

But I just felt the need to share some highlights.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lJQNOoKXwL8

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z1lcfKT3vJo

Swat fan with a loving 50 cal

This thing rolled into a car because the brakes weren't secured or w/e

:eyepop:

Is that first picture a loving Paladin?

genderstomper58
Jan 10, 2005

by XyloJW

IDR posted:

Is that first picture a loving Paladin?

They don't actually use it if that makes you feel better(dunno what it is) :P

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
Yeah, that's a Paladin.

It looks pretty :unsmith:

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Steven Segal apparently drove through that dudes house with a tank. Not sure which one he used.

oh

WP CURES PALESTINE
Jun 17, 2011
[ASK] ME about :

Christoff posted:

Steven Segal apparently drove through that dudes house with a tank. Not sure which one he used.

i hope to gently caress he used the paladin, thats the cheery on top for me, i can just imagine a swat team training to use self propelled arty. hahahahhahahhahaha

Carteret
Nov 10, 2012

Better not get caught smoking a cigarette on a corner. That 155mm would like to have a word with you.

NO DRUGS
NO ALCOHOL
NO GANGS
NO TOBACCO

Snowdens Secret
Dec 29, 2008
Someone got you a obnoxiously racist av.
The TFR gun control thread is talking about cops being outgunned, really wanna crosspost that Paladin pic

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

:stare:

WP CURES PALESTINE
Jun 17, 2011
[ASK] ME about :

where the gently caress are they getting their funding?

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

IDR posted:

racist baby boomers

genderstomper58
Jan 10, 2005

by XyloJW

Christoff posted:

racist baby boomers

How did you go from dumb swat APC to racism? I'd love to see a flowchart if you could

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
Police buy milsurp vehicles all the time. It makes sense to have some of that equipment at the county level (or in large cities) because you need have it on reserve in the event you get some nutjob in a cabin.

That doesn't excuse the paladin, though. That just excuses the fox/113s

WP CURES PALESTINE
Jun 17, 2011
[ASK] ME about :

Dumb swat paladin... seriously, what the gently caress? why? that must be like an entire fiscal years worth of funding...

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

genderstomper58 posted:

How did you go from dumb swat APC to racism? I'd love to see a flowchart if you could

This was really tough:

APC -> Arpaio

Do you want me to draw that up in Visio for you?

genderstomper58
Jan 10, 2005

by XyloJW

Fallom posted:

This was really tough:

APC -> Arpaio

Do you want me to draw that up in Vizio for you?

Do you even know the pictures being referred here? Hint: there were 3 of them all in different departments

Good luck with your search! :)

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
Picture thread.

Snowdens Secret
Dec 29, 2008
Someone got you a obnoxiously racist av.

IDR posted:

Most of the ridiculous military equipment gets bought with handed out Homeland Security money. The joke's on the local departments because even if you get that M113 or whatever cheap the maintenance costs will still ruin you.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Give me one reason why that dickhead Arpaio would need a 155.

WP CURES PALESTINE
Jun 17, 2011
[ASK] ME about :

Snowdens Secret posted:

Most of the ridiculous military equipment gets bought with handed out Homeland Security money. The joke's on the local departments because even if you get that M113 or whatever cheap the maintenance costs will still ruin you.

it just so dumb

EVA BRAUN BLOWJOBS posted:

long range warrents

Content - The USS enterprise

OMFG PTSD LOL PBUH
Sep 9, 2001
Cop pics are cool, right?

Only registered members can see post attachments!

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

GAS CURES KIKES posted:

Took me a second, but that's pretty funny.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

genderstomper58 posted:

Do you even know the pictures being referred here? Hint: there were 3 of them all in different departments

Good luck with your search! :)

I sure know the one featuring Arpaio's equipment!

Proust Malone
Apr 4, 2008

EVA BRAUN BLOWJOBS posted:

Public relations. I doubt the thing ever runs, but its a giant metaphor for the "WAR on drugs."

MRC48B
Apr 2, 2012

Ron Jeremy posted:

Public relations. I doubt the thing ever runs, but its a giant metaphor for the "WAR on drugs."

Ineffective, ham-handed, and extremely expensive?

kemikalkadet
Sep 16, 2012

:woof:

GAS CURES KIKES posted:

Wait, is action news a real thing? I thought it was a Simpsons joke.

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May
It flies! We swear, it really flies!

Pure coincidence that the angle and lighting on the plane are exactly the same as the static display picture!

OMFG PTSD LOL PBUH
Sep 9, 2001

Stultus Maximus posted:

It flies! We swear, it really flies!

Pure coincidence that the angle and lighting on the plane are exactly the same as the static display picture!

Remember the internet like..15 years ago?

This poo poo would have been 100% legit looking 15 years ago. Front page drudge material, AOL newsstory, maybe even a OldManMurray or Seanbaby article!

Which is about the general lag for everything in that part of the world, so it makes sense.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?
The background is also a stock image with the brightness turned up.

Edit: Where are the green and blue lights supposed to be? :lol:

• Locked thread